PDA

View Full Version : Don't Feel my Back?

Amber-Leigh
02-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey

Just a quick question out of curiosity. Whenever I train my back I never feel it. Like the muscle soreness or anything. I always train as heavy as I can , focus on the muscle, go to fatigue. But no matter what I never seem to feel it. Not like when I train any other body part. My back is growing and I am making progress with it, but I was just curious, do any of you have a body part that you just don't seem to feel?

musclemilf
02-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Heavy deadlifts hit my lats hard (as well as everything else :hypno: ). For me, when I can't "feel" a particular muscle, I go back to the basic compound exercises and hit it hard with proper form.

You might be using too much of your biceps or traps. What type of exercises are you doing?

cook
02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Supersetting pullovers with rows or pulldowns is a good way to hit your back if you think you`re using too much bicep.

Conrad
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey

Just a quick question out of curiosity. Whenever I train my back I never feel it. Like the muscle soreness or anything. I always train as heavy as I can , focus on the muscle, go to fatigue. But no matter what I never seem to feel it. Not like when I train any other body part. My back is growing and I am making progress with it, but I was just curious, do any of you have a body part that you just don't seem to feel?
What exercises are you using? What are you set/reps?
I back off the weight a lot and focus on squeezing the muscle/slow concentric movements also. I never move up in weight if I do not feel the muscle being worked.

DannyG
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey

I don't get too sore either but if i get a good pump in my lats then i know i'm doing something right. You have to be doing something right if you're back is still making progress though. Maybe you could try to back off the weight some and focus more on your form. What exercises do you do?

-BLP-
02-03-2010, 05:48 PM
it's take a while,,, do latspread often will increase mind muscle connection

YNOT7
02-03-2010, 07:46 PM
lower the weights and pull from your elbows.i had the same problem

Steve56
02-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Cut the weight in half and really hold and squeeze!

MacFlashGordon
02-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Maybe your hands fell off? JOKE!
Do you work with a full range of motion? I see a heap of people who don't. Maybe that's the key. I'm surprised you don't get soreness when you exhaust your lats with pull downs.

Wiry Pyruvity
02-04-2010, 02:07 AM
play around with angles

Amber-Leigh
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

I do all kinds of back exercises, lat pulldown, bent over rows, pull ups, seated row,t-bar rows etc...you know what I mean. I guess I will just lower the weights and try to focus more? Not sure but seriously the only time I actually feel my back during an exercise is when I do hyperextensions.

Thanks for the tips.

Amber

SallyAnne
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
My back did not grow until I lowered the weights and really concentrated on the mind/muscle connection like both BLP and Steve56 mentioned. Once I really felt the connection, I was able to bring the weight back up gradually and feel the difference between my arms pulling and my back pulling. If I get too heavy, I lose that connection and have to drop the weight back down again to feel it.

It's really made a big difference.

thesamewords
02-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Try deadlifts. I feel em from top to bottom and the erectors come in niccccccceeee.......

miamibodybuilder
01-25-2011, 11:37 PM
well you've heard of the mind-muscle connection right? it doesnt get any harder to live by this rule than for back man. you need to really focus on squeezing and holding your contraction and pulling those elbows back and not use the biceps at the same time. it's a hard task but the main thing is to not worry about the weight you use and focus mainly on your form when it comes to back until you get that feel you're looking for. trust me, it took me a long time to get that feeling in my back but i've definitely found it now. keep at it man you'll get it.

Brandyb
01-26-2011, 10:09 AM
It took me a few years to start really feeling my back. I didn't never feel a thing when I used to train back. I think everyone is different for sure. Now I have a crazy looking back. All good things come with time. I still have a hard time getting my shoulders sore. I went from heavy lifting to high high reps and thats the only way to can get them to break down.:)