PDA

View Full Version : cardio pre-contest

BigM123
02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
just have a quick question what is the maximum amount of cardio you can do with out losing muscle on a keto diet and 100% natural BB.

jack08son
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
sorry if the answer sounds kinda simple but, i'll give it to you...

as much as it takes to get as shredded as possible!!

tark17
02-03-2010, 02:05 PM
There is no set amount of cardio that can be done without muscle loss. I have seen guys do as little as 20 min a few times a week the last few week before a show and be completely peeled,and I have seen people do 2 hours a day. I would say less is always better to hold muscle, but you have to do as much as you need to in order to be shredded. Don't go over board at the begining and gradually increase as needed.

BigM123
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
thank you guys for the response makes perfect sense

AVBG
02-03-2010, 03:22 PM
You really dong want to be exceeding 1.5hrs per day.

joedemarco
02-03-2010, 09:03 PM
You really dong want to be exceeding 1.5hrs per day.

I regularly will do an hour in the a.m. and an hour at night when I am in the middle of contest prep. Occasionally, will even go higher if necessary.

AVBG
02-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I regularly will do an hour in the a.m. and an hour at night when I am in the middle of contest prep. Occasionally, will even go higher if necessary.

Joe.. Would you want to be doing it if you can avoid it?

joedemarco
02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Joe.. Would you want to be doing it if you can avoid it?

Lol...I hate cardio...so YES. I just find that long duration/low intensity cardio works great with my keto contest prep diet. Maybe it's my age, but I really can't get away with less then about 2 hours of cardio a day.

NATURAL-1987
02-04-2010, 12:05 AM
The way you bodys are talking I need some more cardio.... You guys are doing more in a day then I do in a week.lol.

AVBG
02-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I think a lot of times planning your cardio before you start the program can sometimes avoid you end up doing the 2hrs.. Take it from me a reformed fatty!

esgibson
02-13-2010, 12:47 PM
the problem with doing excess cardio is that it puts u in a catabolic state for too long...which we all know burns fat but also muscle...low intensity is the way to go on a keto diet. just make sure that ur HR stays about 60-75% of max. the amount of cardio is different person to person. that's y a coach can't just make a cookie cutter diet and program and have it work for everyone.

i'm about to graduate with a degree in exercise science and i have created a theory about an "anti cardio diet"...all of the science is behind it and supports it and in simple terms it means...u burn fat with ur diet...not with cardio..cardio is how muscle gets eaten up because of the extreme catabolic state. the "anti cardio diet" isn't completely cardio free..it's only meant for getting the last little bit of fat that the diet can't get. if anyone is interested in my "anti cardio diet" theory let me know and i'd be glad to tell anyone interested in more detail. i've been using this theory for the past year and have helped a few of my friends compete with this theory as well..everything has turned out positive!

jamwithtupac
02-13-2010, 03:20 PM
the problem with doing excess cardio is that it puts u in a catabolic state for too long...which we all know burns fat but also muscle...low intensity is the way to go on a keto diet. just make sure that ur HR stays about 60-75% of max. the amount of cardio is different person to person. that's y a coach can't just make a cookie cutter diet and program and have it work for everyone.

i'm about to graduate with a degree in exercise science and i have created a theory about an "anti cardio diet"...all of the science is behind it and supports it and in simple terms it means...u burn fat with ur diet...not with cardio..cardio is how muscle gets eaten up because of the extreme catabolic state. the "anti cardio diet" isn't completely cardio free..it's only meant for getting the last little bit of fat that the diet can't get. if anyone is interested in my "anti cardio diet" theory let me know and i'd be glad to tell anyone interested in more detail. i've been using this theory for the past year and have helped a few of my friends compete with this theory as well..everything has turned out positive!

sorry to burst your bubble but you didnt create this theory its been out there for dozens of years and many gurus use this in their prep

AVBG
02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Don't leave us hanging.. Give us the scoop

Mac
02-13-2010, 03:36 PM
t ...u burn fat with ur diet...not with cardio..cardio is how muscle gets eaten up because of the extreme catabolic state. the "anti cardio diet" isn't completely cardio free..

You're contradicting yourself there. :dunno:

The anti-cardio diet with some cardio, got it.