PDA

View Full Version : keto and cardio

aseeby18
02-04-2010, 12:18 PM
how many hours do you guys normally spend on the tredmill :dunno:and is it just walking or fo you like to mix it up a littel , i persomally just walk for 2 hours .

Scoobysnacks
02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
how many hours do you guys normally spend on the tredmill :dunno:and is it just walking or fo you like to mix it up a littel , i persomally just walk for 2 hours .

start low end high. Start with 2 30 minute sessions one in morning fasted and one post workout.

Add as you go.

I would not do the 2hrs straight. Once you hit 1 hr, stop, and add another session, if you get to needing another hour, well have fun you are now at 3 1hr sessions. That would be miserable and one of the drawbacks of keto I believe. I think anyone who needs 3 hrs of cardio to get lean on a keto diet should pick another diet strategy as its obviously not optimal for you, just my opinion in working with many athletes.

As for type, LISS, light intensity, steady state cardio. Heart rate around 100-130 bpm. Dont go any higher than around 130 bpm.

Good Luck

Ss

AVBG
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Once again scoob is on the money

thesamewords
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
(max) 7 miles or 45 mins, whatever comes first.

Gerb
02-04-2010, 03:49 PM
start low end high. Start with 2 30 minute sessions one in morning fasted and one post workout.

Add as you go.

I would not do the 2hrs straight. Once you hit 1 hr, stop, and add another session, if you get to needing another hour, well have fun you are now at 3 1hr sessions. That would be miserable and one of the drawbacks of keto I believe. I think anyone who needs 3 hrs of cardio to get lean on a keto diet should pick another diet strategy as its obviously not optimal for you, just my opinion in working with many athletes.

As for type, LISS, light intensity, steady state cardio. Heart rate around 100-130 bpm. Dont go any higher than around 130 bpm.

Good Luck

Ss

You got opinions on HIIT and Keto? Based on your LISS recommendations I assume you would not recommend it. Have you ever had any clients use it successfully on keto? Thanks in advance. - Steve

Scoobysnacks
02-04-2010, 06:48 PM
You got opinions on HIIT and Keto? Based on your LISS recommendations I assume you would not recommend it. Have you ever had any clients use it successfully on keto? Thanks in advance. - Steve

Actually yes but she was a figure competitor, quite behind and very stubborn metabolism. It worked well for her, but I had her refeeding once per week for the entire day. She lost very little muscle, but Ive found women dont gain muscle as easy of course, but they also dont lose it as easy as men. I havent had one guy use HIIT and a keto type diet. If really behind you may need to at some point, but wouldnt do it on a regular basis.

aseeby18
02-05-2010, 09:02 AM
hey guys thanks for all the support.i am doing 2 hours because i have gotten use to the idea of 2 , this offseasone i took anadrol for the first time and i was really scared that i might put on alot of fat and water so i started doing 2 hours of cardio 4 * wk and an hour on the fifth day and weekends off and it really helped i managed to put on 19 kg .
in the last 4 days i have gone from a 32 " waist to 30 ,(only got 6 more inches to go ), so i was just thinking maybe i should slow it down considering the competitionm is'nt till may any suggestion ..

holyintellect
02-06-2010, 10:24 AM
The general consensus with Keto is that you should do long duration, low intensity cardio....Ive prepped 3 people using keto (a small number in the scheme of things) but I used traditional interval training with all of them. Two guys, and 1 gal, all of them natural. Each of them had fantastic results without ever having to go above 30 minutes of cardio twice per day.

BigJD69
02-06-2010, 12:11 PM
(max) 7 miles or 45 mins, whatever comes first.
7 miles in 45 min.?????