PDA

View Full Version : Hyperplasia?

HeavyDutyGuy
02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I know this is an area where data is sketchy at best. For the docs, coaches, trainers, arm chair theorists or long time hardcore trainers, what's your take on it? I'm still doubtful, but I've had workouts where I pushed it, way over the top, and later, felt different, like the muscles had been stimulated, micro traumed in a qualitively if not quantifiably different way. Even fatigue levels, sensations and perceptions were different, as if more- or additional chemicals, hormones or neurotransmitters were released. Might all be nothing but maybe its possible?

MattPT88
02-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I havent fully decided what I thought about that. I have seen studies that are both for the theory as well as against it. I havent seen enough information/evidence that makes one of the standpoints correct. Well have to see what others have to say.

esplendido
02-05-2010, 01:24 AM
GH promotes Hyperplasia.....proven science, maybe....

esplendido
02-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Actually, I had a recent tear of the left biceps fascia because of what is thought to be hyperplasia due to GH use (last 2 1/2 months, 5IU/day). Had an MRI to validate. Arms are 21" pumped, and the tear took place during a very heavy back workout (3 sets pulldowns at 315, 3 sets of seated rows at 350, and tore on first set of narrow grip pulldowns with 265). Biceps were pumped to the max....

Baldiewonkanobi
02-05-2010, 05:49 AM
I have not heard or thought about this for over 20 years. Hytrophy as I understood it was the enlargement of muscle cells and their cappilary system. Hyperplasia being the actual increase of the number of muscle cells within the confining facial sack. Around 1989 I was training at the Mecca in Venice, Ca. doing legs. Two giants were squating in the rack next to us. Both were wearing string tanks and tight shorts...both exposing ugly multiple obvious facial tears/visable lumps bumps on their guads, traps and upper arms. My highly educated training partner surmised that these were facial tears caused by HGH induced Hyperplasia.

Baldie