PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Dropping Body Fat Percentage????

yungkingston
02-07-2010, 12:17 AM
What up everybody??? I currently weigh 200lbs at 27% body fat....trying to get down to at least 15-18% body fat while maintaining muscle.....any tips????...diet/workouts?????

AVBG
02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
What are you currently doing to drop the weight? Regardless - your results will primarily come from your diet and eating plan.

yungkingston
02-07-2010, 12:36 AM
What are you currently doing to drop the weight? Regardless - your results will primarily come from your diet and eating plan.

well i workout 6 days a week...30 minutes interval cardio 3x per week alternated with 3 weight lifting only days for 30-45 minutes....and diet is fairly clean....i only drink water and skim milk everyday.......

Breakfast:

2 hard boiled eggs
1 banana
Skim milk

Lunch:

1 1/2 scoop whey protein shake
1 banana

Dinner:

2 grilled chicken breasts
broccoli
side salad/ no dressing

2 daily snacks:

Almonds
Low Fat String Cheese
Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers

Ninja Loco
02-07-2010, 04:09 AM
1.Calories? How many calories is that?

2. How many calories do YOU need just to survive?

3. How many calories UNDER that number is this little diet of yours?

And I use that term losely because that is not a diet, that is a starvation eating plan that will have your metabolism spinning downward like the water in a toilet. A guy your size and you're eating what looks to be something a 12 year old girl eats AND you're working out on top of that!!

My friend take this in the positive way that it is meant. You do not need "tips". What you NEED to do is learn basic nutrition and then learn fitness nutrition. No one's saying you have to be a bodybuilder or eat like one but you MUST learn how to feed yourself in order to maintain basic health WHILE adding the stress factor of a workout first. After you have learned that, THEN you can have some "tips". Tips are for tweaking, and you dont have anything to tweak yet.

s2h
02-07-2010, 08:17 AM

And I use that term losely because that is not a diet, that is a starvation eating plan that will have your metabolism spinning downward like the water in a toilet. A guy your size and you're eating what looks to be something a 12 year old girl eats AND you're working out on top of that!!

My friend take this in the positive way that it is meant. You do not need "tips". What you NEED to do is learn basic nutrition and then learn fitness nutrition. No one's saying you have to be a bodybuilder or eat like one but you MUST learn how to feed yourself in order to maintain basic health WHILE adding the stress factor of a workout first. After you have learned that, THEN you can have some "tips". Tips are for tweaking, and you dont have anything to tweak yet.I agree 100% that diet is terrible,if you dont know how to set up a good nutrition plan,find a reputable trainer/nutrionist in your area or you can PM me this is what my wife does for a living and she does diet plans over the net.I will tell you this to be honest it's hardrer to work w/ someone over the net thats not infront of you but she has been doing this a long time and has had some great results w/ different clients!!

ArabMuscle
02-07-2010, 08:55 AM
well i workout 6 days a week...30 minutes interval cardio 3x per week alternated with 3 weight lifting only days for 30-45 minutes....and diet is fairly clean....i only drink water and skim milk everyday.......

Breakfast:

2 hard boiled eggs
1 banana
Skim milk

Lunch:

1 1/2 scoop whey protein shake
1 banana

Dinner:

2 grilled chicken breasts
broccoli
side salad/ no dressing

2 daily snacks:

Almonds
Low Fat String Cheese
Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers

Looks like a diet plan from Flex Magazine.

JAM
02-07-2010, 09:44 AM
If you don't mind reading I'd get the book or .pdf file of The Radical Diet by Mauro D. Pasquale. The benefits is that you'll educate yourself instead of blindly following others advise which can significantly vary because of the source's theory.
Ya'know, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

yungkingston
02-07-2010, 11:22 AM

My friend take this in the positive way that it is meant. You do not need "tips". What you NEED to do is learn basic nutrition and then learn fitness nutrition. No one's saying you have to be a bodybuilder or eat like one but you MUST learn how to feed yourself in order to maintain basic health WHILE adding the stress factor of a workout first. After you have learned that, THEN you can have some "tips". Tips are for tweaking, and you dont have anything to tweak yet.

I feel what your saying bro...no harm taken...this is exactly what i was lookin for some honest reactions and shit like that....i try to take in at least 2000 calories a day but i see all the bodybuilders on here eat way more than that......so i guess i basically gotta step my eating game up.....

yungkingston
02-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I agree 100% that diet is terrible,if you dont know how to set up a good nutrition plan,find a reputable trainer/nutrionist in your area or you can PM me this is what my wife does for a living and she does diet plans over the net.I will tell you this to be honest it's hardrer to work w/ someone over the net thats not infront of you but she has been doing this a long time and has had some great results w/ different clients!!

i feel you bro....i was thinkin there would be some nutrition plans posted on this forum already????.....seems like everyone is fuckin with keto.....

yungkingston
02-07-2010, 11:28 AM
If you don't mind reading I'd get the book or .pdf file of The Radical Diet by Mauro D. Pasquale. The benefits is that you'll educate yourself instead of blindly following others advise which can significantly vary because of the source's theory.
Ya'know, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

good look fam.

Ninja Loco
02-07-2010, 05:29 PM
That's 2000 calories?? Honestly brosef it doesnt look like it. Shit man I have some of my female clients not far from that mark.....

At least you're willing to learn and that means a lot with us. It takes a while, though....so prepare to suffer a bit. As s2h offered, PM him and get his wife to help you since she does this online for people. She's also very good from what i hear. Everyone needs a teacher, bro, and most of us have more than one. The smart ones anyways.

yungkingston
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
That's 2000 calories?? Honestly brosef it doesnt look like it. Shit man I have some of my female clients not far from that mark.....

At least you're willing to learn and that means a lot with us. It takes a while, though....so prepare to suffer a bit. As s2h offered, PM him and get his wife to help you since she does this online for people. She's also very good from what i hear. Everyone needs a teacher, bro, and most of us have more than one. The smart ones anyways.

lol I feel you homie I appreciate that....yeah its real fuckin obvious that i have been fuckin up on my diet but its all good it takes a grown man to learn from his mistakes...thats life...but im ready real talk.

AVBG
02-07-2010, 08:15 PM
As mentioned your diet ain't right.. Get the basics right with nutrition then whatever tips you get will help until then you'd be spinning your wheels.

yungkingston
02-07-2010, 08:18 PM
As mentioned your diet ain't right.. Get the basics right with nutrition then whatever tips you get will help until then you'd be spinning your wheels.

no doubt fam.

tribal
02-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Looks like a diet plan from Flex Magazine.
absolutely! all you need to add is 1000g of carbs for the day and your on a flex cut diet

GirlyMuscle
02-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Before you start trying to figure out how many calories you need why don't you give us an idea of what kind of training you're doing, how much cardio, etc?

Sledge
02-10-2010, 06:49 AM
This is the beginners section. So I wouldn't expect you to know what to do. That's why your here right.

Here is a couple of links.

www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com)
www.calorieking.com (http://www.calorieking.com)

check out those sites.

Don't worry about over complicating things at this stage just keep things simple.

:Aim to loose about 2lb a week. Don't get sucked into super fast fat loss. Just keep it simple and easy.

:use those websites calculators to figure out how many cals you should be taking in to loose the fat.

:Use the sites to plan 5 or 6 smaller meals a day that add up to your daily caloric intake.

:Stick to 40%protien 40%carbs 20%good fats to start with and when you get used to it change things around to suit you.

: Don't over complicate things, stick with the basics and take it slow. Adjust the diet as you need to but nothing drastic. 2lb a week loss is the goal. if you go 2 weeks at less than 1lb lower the calories slightly, but keep the ratios the same.

: make a diet and training plan. Post it here. Expect a bunch of people to give you useless and conflicting advice, but sift through the crap and absorb the usefull advice.

:After you've made the plan stick to it. Don't second guess yourself because you read about the new super dooper fat loss plan.

Stick to your plan for 3 months. During that time. Read, Learn get used to thinking in maronutrients and calories and reading the labels on food and all the stuff that's new to a beginner. And and make your next plan.

Sledge
02-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Ok lets start a a plan

You weigh 200lbs at 27% body fat.

3 month GOAL= 15% Body fat (or less) = A loss of 12lb of fat while retaining as much muscle as possible. Goal weight= 185 to 188lb.

GOAL Short term= 1 to2 lb fat loss per week.

GOAL Long term. 200lb <10%BF July 25th 2011. A new Farari and have hot twins as girlfriends.

(ok those are just examples but you need to figure out your own real goals)

Start date: Monday 15th Feb 2010.
Start weight 200lb

Meal1 ?
Meal 2 ?
Meal 3 ?
Meal 4 ?
Meal 5 ?
Meal 6 ?

Training: (Just an example you need to figure out how much time and how often you can realistically train.)

Monday: Upper body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Tuesday: Lower Body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Wednesday: 40min LI cardio
Thursday: Upper body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Friday: Lower Body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Saturday Off
Sunday Off

Ok, so that's just an example of a plan. Obviously you'd need to figure it out to suit your situation. your long and short term goals and your life style.

Hope this helps

Sledge
02-10-2010, 07:24 AM
GirlyMuscle recommends the book Body for Life by Bill Phillips. I don't own it but from browsing through it it's a great book for a beginner.

yungkingston
02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Before you start trying to figure out how many calories you need why don't you give us an idea of what kind of training you're doing, how much cardio, etc?

Monday: 30 mins high intensity running on treadmill....200 pushups sets of 50.

Tuesday: Off.

Wednesday: Weightlifting: Squats, Bench Press, Dips, Curls, Lunges, Military Press....5 Sets of 10 each workout.....200 pushups sets of 50.

Thursday: Same as Monday.

Friday: Same as Wednesday.

Saturday: Same as Monday.

Sunday: Same as Wednesday.

yungkingston
02-10-2010, 06:52 PM
This is the beginners section. So I wouldn't expect you to know what to do. That's why your here right.

Here is a couple of links.

www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com)
www.calorieking.com (http://www.calorieking.com)

check out those sites.

Don't worry about over complicating things at this stage just keep things simple.

:Aim to loose about 2lb a week. Don't get sucked into super fast fat loss. Just keep it simple and easy.

:use those websites calculators to figure out how many cals you should be taking in to loose the fat.

:Use the sites to plan 5 or 6 smaller meals a day that add up to your daily caloric intake.

:Stick to 40%protien 40%carbs 20%good fats to start with and when you get used to it change things around to suit you.

: Don't over complicate things, stick with the basics and take it slow. Adjust the diet as you need to but nothing drastic. 2lb a week loss is the goal. if you go 2 weeks at less than 1lb lower the calories slightly, but keep the ratios the same.

: make a diet and training plan. Post it here. Expect a bunch of people to give you useless and conflicting advice, but sift through the crap and absorb the usefull advice.

:After you've made the plan stick to it. Don't second guess yourself because you read about the new super dooper fat loss plan.

Stick to your plan for 3 months. During that time. Read, Learn get used to thinking in maronutrients and calories and reading the labels on food and all the stuff that's new to a beginner. And and make your next plan.

Ok lets start a a plan

You weigh 200lbs at 27% body fat.

3 month GOAL= 15% Body fat (or less) = A loss of 12lb of fat while retaining as much muscle as possible. Goal weight= 185 to 188lb.

GOAL Short term= 1 to2 lb fat loss per week.

GOAL Long term. 200lb <10%BF July 25th 2011. A new Farari and have hot twins as girlfriends.

(ok those are just examples but you need to figure out your own real goals)

Start date: Monday 15th Feb 2010.
Start weight 200lb

Meal1 ?
Meal 2 ?
Meal 3 ?
Meal 4 ?
Meal 5 ?
Meal 6 ?

Training: (Just an example you need to figure out how much time and how often you can realistically train.)

Monday: Upper body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Tuesday: Lower Body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Wednesday: 40min LI cardio
Thursday: Upper body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Friday: Lower Body + 30 min HIIT cardio
Saturday Off
Sunday Off

Ok, so that's just an example of a plan. Obviously you'd need to figure it out to suit your situation. your long and short term goals and your life style.

Hope this helps

I appreciate this alot...thank you.

yungkingston
02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
absolutely! all you need to add is 1000g of carbs for the day and your on a flex cut diet

thanks.

"Rodz"
02-12-2010, 12:33 AM

and a full line of MT products.......................the "hardcore" versions

shaunrsa
02-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Monday: 30 mins high intensity running on treadmill....200 pushups sets of 50.

Tuesday: Off.

Wednesday: Weightlifting: Squats, Bench Press, Dips, Curls, Lunges, Military Press....5 Sets of 10 each workout.....200 pushups sets of 50.

Thursday: Same as Monday.

Friday: Same as Wednesday.

Saturday: Same as Monday.

Sunday: Same as Wednesday.

Have I missed something here? You are doing 30 sets (of 10 each) plus 200 push-ups 3 times a week??? 500 reps??? Plus the cardio?

All this on what looks roughly like 1500 calories a day?? Geez man that seems very out of whack to me.

IMO thats way too many sets and reps to do in a single session. On the few calories you are consuming you must be destroying your metabolism!

Maybe look at body part splits for training, and certainly you need to look at proper nutrition for weight trainers.

This site is full of sound advice. Read brother, read.

Good luck.

Gerb
02-12-2010, 09:54 AM
^^^ he said he is doing 200pushups x 6days per week. 1200pushups a week lol. Obviously, for BBing purposes, that aint going to help you out too much but just on general principle, anyone who can knockout 200pushups 6 days a week is ok in my book, but as an old paratrooper, i got a soft spot for pushups. Reps for you buddy.

but sledge gave you some good advice so listen to what he is saying!

yungkingston
02-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Have I missed something here? You are doing 30 sets (of 10 each) plus 200 push-ups 3 times a week??? 500 reps??? Plus the cardio?

All this on what looks roughly like 1500 calories a day?? Geez man that seems very out of whack to me.

IMO thats way too many sets and reps to do in a single session. On the few calories you are consuming you must be destroying your metabolism!

Maybe look at body part splits for training, and certainly you need to look at proper nutrition for weight trainers.

This site is full of sound advice. Read brother, read.

Good luck.

Yeah I gotta step my nutrition game up....

yungkingston
02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
^^^ he said he is doing 200pushups x 6days per week. 1200pushups a week lol. Obviously, for BBing purposes, that aint going to help you out too much but just on general principle, anyone who can knockout 200pushups 6 days a week is ok in my book, but as an old paratrooper, i got a soft spot for pushups. Reps for you buddy.

but sledge gave you some good advice so listen to what he is saying!

thanks fam.....but yeah Sledge's info is definitely official real talk.

AVBG
02-12-2010, 04:02 PM
That is unreal info sledge. Rep worthy

thesamewords
02-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Keto is all I know. There is a thread for that.

listerinekid
02-26-2010, 06:56 AM
cardio