PDA

View Full Version : Getting insurance to cover gyno surgery

nath123
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
hey
Im planning on having surgury for my minor gyno in my left nipple from when i was fat sometime this summer. I cant afford to pay for the procedure unless its covered under insurance i think i can make a solid case since it does affect my life and ability to wear tight shirts or take off my shirt or compete in bodybuilding which is the sport i love. Does anyone know how to go about having your insurance cover the procedure do i get a letter recommendation from the surgeon or my normal doctor before contacting my insurance company?

GENESIS
02-09-2010, 12:58 PM
good luck. DOUBT that you could ever get that covered. in fact any insurance company would be foolish to cover the procedure

MattPT88
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Ya I have a little bit left over from puberty that I would like to get rid of someday but with all the research Ive done Ive only found 1 referenced case in hundreds that insurance covered but some of the reason was there was another underlying health problem with it. Maybe if you played the extreme sensitivity and depression card they might cover it but more than likely they wont. Your just going to have to shell out that cash.

barbellbarbie
02-09-2010, 04:59 PM
it is SO unlikely that they will pay... you can finance cosmetic surgery now though on the bright side

Carson
02-09-2010, 07:12 PM
hey
Im planning on having surgury for my minor gyno in my left nipple from when i was fat sometime this summer. I cant afford to pay for the procedure unless its covered under insurance i think i can make a solid case since it does affect my life and ability to wear tight shirts or take off my shirt or compete in bodybuilding which is the sport i love. Does anyone know how to go about having your insurance cover the procedure do i get a letter recommendation from the surgeon or my normal doctor before contacting my insurance company?

Usually cosmetic procedures will not be covered by insurance. However, if you can get a doctor to refer you due to pain and other possible health issues you might get it covered.

thesamewords
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I thought Dr.Blau had a thread here where you can ask him... or am I wrong. I cant remember crap.

ProtoType
02-11-2010, 06:00 PM
if all else fails try epistane suppose to be a gyno killer..:dunno:

SlimTim
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
if all else fails try epistane suppose to be a gyno killer..:dunno:

Ive only seen a couple documented cases of Epi reversing gyno. Letro is a better bet

LainaJ
02-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I think it depends on your approach and how big of a pain in the ass you can be. I worked for an insurance company years ago.. I would have to go through written correspondence and process it through the system. I remember a woman got a "medicinal massager " paid for because of her inability to have an orgasm. She actually researched where it was bad for her health.

I noted she got denied several times and finally they gave in. So who knows!!

SlimTim
02-13-2010, 07:13 AM
In Canada its pretty easy to get gyno removal covered by health care, I know quite a few people people that go it done for free just by complaining to their doctor about it hurting.

anabolic fyre
02-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I was just talkin to my doctor about this, and he said even when u make a good case for it, they will only partially cover it. Tryin to get full coverage is very unlikely.

Elise
02-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I work in Dr. Fiorillos office and getting insurance to cover anything is extremly difficult.

ProtoType
02-19-2010, 07:49 PM
how much are we lookin at for a minor procedure?

Chong Li
02-20-2010, 11:49 AM
^should be under 2500 for a full blown excision if you go to a doctor who isnt trying to rip you off. doing local anesthesia will also save you about 2k

Carson
02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
how much are we lookin at for a minor procedure?

Ever heard of a consultation?

tammyp
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
i had a rhino and deviated septum surgery in noc. covered septum...rhino was all me. dont count on it...

ProtoType
02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Ever heard of a consultation?
hell no .. thats why im asking here

Carson
02-22-2010, 02:39 PM
hell no .. thats why im asking here

Usually they are free

ProtoType
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
yeah^^ im tooo lazy... thats why i asked on here.. forum remember..

Carson
02-22-2010, 06:38 PM
yeah^^ im tooo lazy... thats why i asked on here.. forum remember..

Prices vary.. I know a guy who had it done for 1500 in Salt Lake City

jnickels
02-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm kinda running down the same route. I have my consult this friday (crossing my fingers, toes AND tied my dick in a knot hoping i can get partial coverage even....). I have it on both sides and am going to play the pain card. But really though, it does f'n hurt to put pressure on them. Soooo, long story short I'm hoping it works out the cheap way, but if not I'm going to go the med. loan route. I'll post back with an update.

Follow this link, http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Documents/Medical_Profesionals/Gynecomastia-Insurance-Coverage.pdf it shows you what is necessary to get insurance to POSSIBLY THINK about paying for it.

This is all i have to offer for now. Best of luck to the other cheap asses out there like me!!!!

anabolic fyre
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm kinda running down the same route. I have my consult this friday (crossing my fingers, toes AND tied my dick in a knot hoping i can get partial coverage even....). I have it on both sides and am going to play the pain card. But really though, it does f'n hurt to put pressure on them. Soooo, long story short I'm hoping it works out the cheap way, but if not I'm going to go the med. loan route. I'll post back with an update.

Follow this link, http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Documents/Medical_Profesionals/Gynecomastia-Insurance-Coverage.pdf it shows you what is necessary to get insurance to POSSIBLY THINK about paying for it.

This is all i have to offer for now. Best of luck to the other cheap asses out there like me!!!!

thats a new one... lol

Admiral Johnson
03-05-2010, 03:25 AM
i had a rhino and deviated septum surgery in noc. covered septum...rhino was all me. dont count on it...

how much did it cost you? and was the anesthesia covered by insurance since youd need it for the septom anyway? Im planing on doin this same thing soon.

jnickels
03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
The appointment with the surgeon went well!! We submitted the request to have the surgery covered by insurance. I'm not looking to have the lypo done, nor did the doctor think i needed that, I'm just going to have the glands removed which are both about the size of a quarter. About 2 months ago i went to my primary physician and complained about the pain. He didn't do anything for it but at least it's documented and now he is writing a letter of recommendation to my ins company to have the surgery approved. It seems like the playin the pain angle is going to work better than the psychological stress...just my opinion. Anyway, the surgeon thinks my odds are pretty good of getting it covered. But even if they don't it's only $1900 to have the surgery done. Not too bad seeing that it's usually about $6000 plus to have boobs added. lol

Goodfellas
03-06-2010, 04:50 PM
A doctors letter is fine but a medical review board will review your case and make a decision. We denied alot of cosmetic surgeries over the years.