PDA

View Full Version : Blood, Guts and Intensity

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

HeavyDutyGuy
02-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Hit 252 lbs yday weighed prior to workout. 9 lbs lighter than this time last year with waist 2 belt notches smaller. Smooth, but couldnt pinch much at all on thighs or upper body. DB bloat probably. Stronger by 75 lbs on dips than last year and all around. Woke up this morning looking noticibly thicker, good carb and water "filling out" effect, cause lost some of as morning went on and didn't eat except a whey shake, and probably flattened a bit. Was getting a bit discouraged, but that fired me up again!

GirlyMuscle
02-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Congrats! Pics please. :)

blu2xtreme
02-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Congrats! Pics please. :)

Yes Congrats ...and girls love pics:p

Baldiewonkanobi
02-10-2010, 05:50 AM
You at a lean 252 :hypno:. See ya in 2-3 weeks for sure. Bringing my camera and a bag of M&Ms.

Baldie

fatbackgoal
02-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Good stuff and keep it up!

joedemarco
02-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Keep it going, HDG...glad to hear the hard work is paying off!

axioma
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
are you still posting in journal?

HeavyDutyGuy
02-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks all! Going to take pics with Baldie it looks like.in a few weeks. I got the M+M thing instantly, lol. Was off a lb yesterday at 251, probably dues to less carbs/water. Had another brutal one starting with rack deads up to 9 plates a side+ a 50 lb bar, that left me exhausted and sore down to my ankles.. Still haven't recovered.. Had a hellacious charlie horse in my left hamstring last night. And a knot in my thigh today.. Funny thing, the conventional wisdom is that rack deads- from knee or a bit lower, on up, is supposed to work almost all back and take out the leg involvement. Apparently, not the whole truth. I did my from bottom if knnes to lockout, in good form, flat back, got low, etc. . Felt it immediately down to my calves, even down to my achilles. Two reps. Killed. Theories? Only thing I can guess is that the weight was so heavy, and each rep was a maximum effort. Probably couldn't have done even 10 more lbs. The rest of the workout was one arm Hammer rows, close grip pulldowns, cable rows, shrugs and some curls. Nothing that would stress the legs. Previous workout was pecs/delts/ tris- nothing there either- except I have noticied my thighs sometimes feeling hit too... that one I figured out has to be... weighted dips... yep. I start with bodyweight, but after that warmup, begin adding plates to I hit my max set. Then I'm standing from an extreme rock bottom position with 300 lbs.. Not so easy.. Once I can do.. I wonder if it might not be a great quad exercise if I was try say 8 reps to failure.. Kind of like Parillos belt squats?.. Hmmm. No wonder legs are improving, they getting hit even during back and chest days, lol. Some things to think about here. Conventional wisdom not seeming so wise anymore... ramble over for now..

freebirdmac
02-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Damn impressive big guy!

Conrad
02-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks all! Going to take pics with Baldie it looks like.in a few weeks. I got the M+M thing instantly, lol. Was off a lb yesterday at 251, probably dues to less carbs/water. Had another brutal one starting with rack deads up to 9 plates a side+ a 50 lb bar, that left me exhausted and sore down to my ankles.. Still haven't recovered.. Had a hellacious charlie horse in my left hamstring last night. And a knot in my thigh today.. Funny thing, the conventional wisdom is that rack deads- from knee or a bit lower, on up, is supposed to work almost all back and take out the leg involvement. Apparently, not the whole truth. I did my from bottom if knnes to lockout, in good form, flat back, got low, etc. . Felt it immediately down to my calves, even down to my achilles. Two reps. Killed. Theories? Only thing I can guess is that the weight was so heavy, and each rep was a maximum effort. Probably couldn't have done even 10 more lbs. The rest of the workout was one arm Hammer rows, close grip pulldowns, cable rows, shrugs and some curls. Nothing that would stress the legs. Previous workout was pecs/delts/ tris- nothing there either- except I have noticied my thighs sometimes feeling hit too... that one I figured out has to be... weighted dips... yep. I start with bodyweight, but after that warmup, begin adding plates to I hit my max set. Then I'm standing from an extreme rock bottom position with 300 lbs.. Not so easy.. Once I can do.. I wonder if it might not be a great quad exercise if I was try say 8 reps to failure.. Kind of like Parillos belt squats?.. Hmmm. No wonder legs are improving, they getting hit even during back and chest days, lol. Some things to think about here. Conventional wisdom not seeming so wise anymore... ramble over for now..
VERY impressive weights there! Great work!!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Had a Charlie Horse?? (Clydesdale) Wonder why :hypno:. Gonna throw in rack pulls Sunday as I dance around my upper quad tear/repair.

Baldie

gman
02-12-2010, 11:10 AM
If I can lift half as heavy I will be happy! Awesome work!

I must do rack deads incorrectly. I am stronger on regular deads than rack deads.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks all! Baldie wasn't just a chalie horse, also had a hamstring spasm that night.. And my legs, calves and ankles especially are still sore! And leg day is manana. Squats will be fun, lol. MIKE. Yeah your rack deads should be much higher than your regular dead.. Damn if you were closer, I'd love to get to the gym with you. I could show you a few things. I've a feeling your progress would just explode, and you'd become a very dangerous person. Ok back to rack deads. Back in my online-AOL days, a guy online got me into them. I had done them, but not often and as more of after thought. This guy was a friend and disciple of the grat 90's bodybuilder Mike Francois. He was very thick, very strong, won a pro show or two and I felt was going to be a real threat to Dorian. Sadly he developed a severe case of ulcerative colitus and had to retire. Anyway, Mike was a former powerlifter and could do regular deads with 700+. This friend of Mikes would acknowledge my then 450 lb regular deads, as strong, but then chastise me, saying NO James, Mike would kill you. If you want a thicker back, do rack deads, heavy. He beat it into me. I still do both, but this winter while rehabbing my back, I dropped the full range deads- were too much stress on lower back, not enough on upper. I periodically also added stiff legged deads to below the knees to work and strengthen the lower back. Strategy worked. So yes, your rack should be more- mines about 300 lbs more than my regular full range dead.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Updates. Weighed in at 254 on Sat! (Only two bananas, coffee and supps in my tummy). Hit 7 out of 7 Prs that leg day, including 630 for 6 on parallel squats and 9 plates - ea side on one legged rest pause leg presses and negatives- fucking ouch! Today got 7 plates ea side on hammer bench one arm negs, 4 each side, and a couple more reps on dips with bw+300. Strengths through the roof, soreness and fatigue levels not far beyond.. Can't find enough protein in a day most days, about to go hunting cows. I'd probably hit the 260 msrk already if I catch one....

gman
02-16-2010, 10:09 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how strong you are!

I can't wait to bulk someday and try to get stronger!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
James am I correct in saying that the only lift you don't hit scary numbers on is bench....correct? I know you are about the strongest man alive at weighted dips. Strange how bench does not follow. However bench is not a Bodybuilding thing in any event.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
02-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Bill, yeah my bench sucks. I don't really do flat benches anymore, only when I get a bug up my butt. I got 350 before, but not sure what it would be now. I'd need great spotters, not thrilled about getting stuck under 400 lbs. I'm kind of built like the anti- Franco, 80" reach, wider rather than rounder My overhead press isn't great either. Though I do ok on the plate loading press machines. Never did get a good power clean either, long arms again and no fucking rhythm- darn Swedish genes, lol. Front squats were a problem to- getting and hold a heavy weight in position is agony- I think I have shoulder issues... ha. I'm really good at pressing DOWN though.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh Mike, sorry. Missed your post. Thank you! But to be honest, my strength has nothing to do with bulk. I'm waaaaay stonger now at 254 ish than I was when I was 285 ish at age 36. Much stronger. The 'secret' isn't bulk, calories, etc. It's WILL. I started out not real strong, tall and lean. HATED IT. I have literally forced- willed myself to get stronger over the years. And I fought like hell to do it. Sacrficed. You can too. You've got a good bone structure and muscle bellies. Just push- Hard.

gman
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I am a born puller, can't push for shit. I have trouble shoulder pressing 125, or benching 205, or squatting 265, but I can pull 405 2-3 reps.

esplendido
02-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I am a born puller, can't push for shit. I have trouble shoulder pressing 125, or benching 205, or squatting 265, but I can pull 405 2-3 reps.

Ok, there's a joke here.....but I'm taking the high road...;)

DBowden
02-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Ok, there's a joke here.....but I'm taking the high road...;)

LOL,
Common esplendido.
Tell the joke ;)

HeavyDutyGuy
02-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Still waiting on Ricks joke! Yeah Mike I feel you. At 35, I was pulling like Dave Draper, but could have been outpressed by Frank Zane. Not on legs, I can push a lot, its only on compound upper body pressing moves that involve rotation of the shoulder. Not laterals or flyes, can do 100's and 130's though I'm not doing those at the moment. Too scary, lol. Speaking of scary, today I put fear in a couple people, lol, had an awesome workout! Strong- 7 PR's out of 7 working sets. Was very intense, had good focus! Woke up this morning looking noticibly WIDER, starting to resemble an airplane, lol. My wife even said "jeeez, look at your lats from the front, they stick out" I'm thinking this is a VERY good thing. Especially since I'm so tall. BW was 253 before workout, trained early on a small amount of food only.

freebirdmac
02-17-2010, 09:05 PM
How come you trained on a small amount of food?

HeavyDutyGuy
02-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I trained early- about 1 hour after waking up.. Can't eat a lot that close to training..

gman
02-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Rick if your joke is what I think it is, I should be able to suitcase dead a lot more from one side the other.

blu2xtreme
02-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I am a born puller.

Aren't all men natural pullers;)

Rick if your joke is what I think it is, I should be able to suitcase dead a lot more from one side the other.

So are you stronger on your left side or right :hypno:

GirlyMuscle
02-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Pictures!!!!

:)

blu2xtreme
02-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Pictures!!!!

:)

I think video ...would be better :p
are we talking about the same thing:hypno:

Baldiewonkanobi
02-18-2010, 06:25 AM
When I see James on the 27th I will have a good camera with me for pics...perhaps a video. This is early enough warning for him to shave his wooly pits, trim his eyebrows, pluck his nose hairs and brush his teeth. :p

Baldie

gman
02-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Aren't all men natural pullers;)

So are you stronger on your left side or right :hypno:

I can't give away all my secrets

HeavyDutyGuy
02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
I might use this as my journal. My theme- 252, lol. Was shooting to weigh 248-250 shredded onstage in July. Fuck that. Going for 252 shredded . Since I'm putting myself through hellish training at the gym everytime, and I'm walking around trashed on off days, might as well bump the protein up a bit more and see if I can get more payoff from all the torture. On another note, (I posted this on the general forum) I met Cathy LeFrancois yesterdat at the local Max Muscle. Picking up some bars and sups, I get approached by this stunning woman who starts handing me samples and talking to me about them... I was too busy trying not to look into her eyes and get hypnotized.. I'm not a big FBB fan, but she's a knockout! Very nice too, knowledgable... the IFBB dropped the ball by not pushing her as a rep to the general public... Gaspari Nutrition grabbed the ball, she's a great rep for them.. Does Rich make any wrong moves??

Con
02-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Haha super goals dude. The difference between a few lb is completely meaningless of course as long as your condition is in place.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
You missed the point. Can't change the thread title. But can change the goal... and its not meaningless if its 2- 4 lbs more in shredded condition,,, imagine 2 to 4 lbs of steak on your table... nah just pass on that extra potential muscle stay smaller as long as you're conditioned.. But this isn't the womens side of the sport. lol...

Con
02-19-2010, 02:12 PM
You missed the point. Can't change the thread title. But can change the goal... and its not meaningless if its 2- 4 lbs more in shredded condition,,, imagine 2 to 4 lbs of steak on your table... nah just pass on that extra potential muscle stay smaller as long as you're conditioned.. But this isn't the womens side of the sport. lol...
Lol ok but there is a difference between 2-4lb of steak that is fully hydrated steak and 2-4lb of steak that has been dehydrated..........good luck never the less!

GirlyMuscle
02-20-2010, 02:07 AM
I can change the thread title to whatever you want it to be.

Mac
02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
I was in contact with Eryk Bui yesterday and he informed me that he was going to be the head judge at the Muscle Beach classic this year. He mentioned that the NPC does not allow its competitors to compete in this show. So what happens if you do as an NPC member? I didn't get to ask him that part yet. He said he can get us some VIP seats if we let him know in advance.

He ruptured his bicep and is having surgery soon to fix it back to normal.

gman
02-20-2010, 09:43 AM
how does he know whether a person is an NPC member?

gman
02-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Lol ok but there is a difference between 2-4lb of steak that is fully hydrated steak and 2-4lb of steak that has been dehydrated..........good luck never the less!

true...I made 8 oz of beef jerky and it took 2lbs of London Broil to do it

Mac
02-20-2010, 09:59 AM
how does he know whether a person is an NPC member?

I think that if you place, it would be noted online. I don't know.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
I was in contact with Eryk Bui yesterday and he informed me that he was going to be the head judge at the Muscle Beach classic this year. He mentioned that the NPC does not allow its competitors to compete in this show. So what happens if you do as an NPC member? I didn't get to ask him that part yet. He said he can get us some VIP seats if we let him know in advance.

He ruptured his bicep and is having surgery soon to fix it back to normal.

Well, I did the Muscle Beach a few years ago. You could say I did well because I won the open Superheavies (and 3rd in Masters, weird). I then did the NPC Jr Cal later that month and placed in both clasess I did 3rd in Masters and 5th in Novive Heavys). Later that year I took 2nd in the open Superheavies at the NPC Tournament of Champions and one month later won the Supers at the Border States. So I don't think it my hurt my chances. But, I had a lapsed membership, reupped at the JR Cal. So I dunno. FYI unlike many shows here, the masters doesn't let you sign up for your NPC card, you have to do it before.

Mac
02-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I am going to call Eryk tomorrow and talk to him more about the Masters division. I hope to see you there.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I am going to call Eryk tomorrow and talk to him more about the Masters division. I hope to see you there.

Ok sounds good! Is Eryk still an NPC judge? I know he judged a couple of my shows before I jumped to the National level.

Mac
02-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Ok sounds good! Is Eryk still an NPC judge? I know he judged a couple of my shows before I jumped to the National level.

Yes, he is still an NPC judge.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes, he is still an NPC judge.

Wait! Back up the choo choo! The NPC supposedlt doesn't allow competitors to compete in the Venice show, but one of its@JUDGES can judge it? That makes no sense.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-20-2010, 09:01 PM
.BW 252 before workout-down a couple lbs since last week. I've been eating, so that's a bit perplexing. But have lost some bloat this week-abs are back!- so might be water? Busted butt this week training. PR city til today- Legs This one was tough!, Brutal, foused, intense and heavy, pretty strong- 4 PR's out of 8 working sets- up at maximum poundages. Great intensity!. Up against some structural limits tried to up my working sets on squats from 630 to 640, friggin heavy!- was barely pushng off the pins. I wasn't about to try walk back, couldn't even do that well with 630 last week. Went to partials in the rack. Got 800 x3 in the 1/4 squat! Leg presses were sheer torture-9 pl ea side (830)+ sled x 4 NA ea leg!- did left leg first, weight was too heavy to transfer from leg to leg efficiently, damn heavy (8 totalreps)- up 20 lbs ea leg 9 pl+10 ea side (830) + sled . x 4 RP ea leg! - up 20 lbs ea leg! . Then stiff legged deads- break in- hams need more thickness and leg curls not making it fully- got 410 for 7!- not bad for a break in to PR on it.. Some leg curls, then died on Seated calf raises. Couldn't do any more, at least not heavy. Did all I could in gym, now gotta eat, rest, and take a generous test shot. In it to win it!

HeavyDutyGuy
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Dam 5 min rule! NA leg presses was 9 pl+10 each side 850+ dled x 4 reps each leg.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Arm day and pic day Saturday....what time?

Baldie

Behemoth
02-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Arm day and pic day Saturday....what time?

Baldie

Baldie I sent you a PM but I've had a problem with them. Please let me know if you didn't get anything from me. Thanks!!

Mac
02-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Wait! Back up the choo choo! The NPC supposedlt doesn't allow competitors to compete in the Venice show, but one of its@JUDGES can judge it? That makes no sense.

This is one of the reasons I was confused.

But he is an ex-IFBB pro and maybe is no longer an NPC judge. I will clear up these questions later today.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-23-2010, 12:16 AM
PECS ------------------- 1. Hammer Iso Lateral Bench Press - (warmup- 97, 187, I did dips here then did, 277x 6, 367 ( 4 plates ea side) x 4 ), 5 pl ea side - 457x1 unilateral,) 6 pl ea side 547 x 1 uni) 7 pl + 10 ea side (657 total!)x 4 neg ea arm!- up 10 lbs ea side, (20 overall)! .. Toasted by this point, couldn't get a rest pause set going- too dead. Prob due to dips first and heavy reps here, got to get it done anyway I can, and ths apprently did it, good enough! . -------------------------------------------------- 2. Weighted Dips BW, BW+100, + 200, + 245- very strong, BW+ 301 (554 total) x 4 + 2 negs! ( - up a couple lbs, 1 less rep, better depth. Ended up doing before heavier presses above. Came back after and did a "pump" set bw+ 200 (about 9 or so reps). ----------------------------------------- 3. Cable Crossovers 185 each side (ea stack+25) x 6 - heavy just dead, forced out the reps anyway. -----------------------Delts-------------------- 4. Machine Presses 1 pl, 2 pl, 3 pl), 4 pl +5 ea side- 370 x 5! - up 10 lbs for 1 less rep. 5. Cable Laterals 185 x 4 neg ea side! Heavy! ----TRICEPS------------------------- 6. Dip machine 2 pl ea x10, 4 pl x 3, 5 pl x4 . Pushdowns stack Stack+70-230 x 17!- up 20 lbs . -------------------------- ------------------------------------------------- Great workout! Strong - 5 PR's out of 7, working sets! Intensity very high and great focus! . I was a bit rushed actually heavy stuff first then the cable exercises. Looking much improved- wider and thicker. Delts were out to HERE, good v-shape going on, even just standing. Double b shot better, arms thicker. Side chest just looked massive- stuffed with muscle. Side tri was just ridiclous! Getting there! BW before workout 253. A bit watery, a few extra lbs but looking more muscular overall.

Mac
02-23-2010, 07:49 AM
You're one strong guy. Great numbers in your lifts.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
You're one strong guy. Great numbers in your lifts.

Mac I am already working on my excuses when I see James at his gym Saturday. He does toss around some scary weights.

Baldie

Mac
02-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Mac I am already working on my excuses when I see James at his gym Saturday. He does toss around some scary weights.

Baldie

I could probably do half that much with another 90lbs on my frame too.

joedemarco
02-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Boy, you and Baldie are confusing the shit out of me with these thread title changes! LOL

Mac
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Eryk is no longer affiliated with the NPC as a judge.

Mr. Manion doesn't like him too much.

Eryk will be coordinating the MBC judging and the show this year.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Eryk is no longer affiliated with the NPC as a judge.

Mr. Manion doesn't like him too much.

Eryk will be coordinating the MBC judging and the show this year.

Doesn't like Eryk much? Why? That makes me wonder (even more) about Manion.. Thanks much for the update though! So basically Eryk has nothing to do with the NPC officially? I see mo reason not to do it then. Besides, I want my title back.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM

Baldie

Yeah, but I'm doing legs first, probably won't be setting any PR's on arms... (so of course with me that probably means I will, lol. I'm a sick puppy).

HeavyDutyGuy
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Boy, you and Baldie are confusing the shit out of me with these thread title changes! LOL

Lol, finally thought of something that wasn't totally lame and stupid..

freebirdmac
02-23-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd sure like to see this workout :)

HeavyDutyGuy
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Well I THINK I have someone coming along with digital camera. Hopefully will get shots and video of legs before Baldie gets there. Not sure if I'm going to try 640 or even 630 on squats. Would suck if I bomb the lift off and step back again. Might back it off to 600-620 and go for more reps, or flip it and do after leg presses.. Bill is bringing his camera, so we should get pics of .... hey Bill, what exercises are we doing for arms? I haven't a clue, lol..

freebirdmac
02-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I think you'll find more power with an audience :)

Mac
02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Doesn't like Eryk much? Why? That makes me wonder (even more) about Manion.. Thanks much for the update though! So basically Eryk has nothing to do with the NPC officially? I see mo reason not to do it then. Besides, I want my title back.

I don't know the reason why, other than Eryk speaks his mind and it probably had something to do with the judging process.

Eryk is not affiliated with the NPC in any way.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Back - .................................................. ..................................... 1. Rack Deadlifts -from mid shin ) (w/u bar, 2 x 20 140, 230 , 320, 410x1, all raw- no straps, no belt, 500x 1- hadn't done from this low since I hurt my back- pretty strong, no pain.( outside of that that comes with lifting 500 lb from that low!) From low knee-590 x 2, - stopped with that weight at this point- just wasn't feeling it at the point. 2. Hammer DY rows - (w/u 4 pl ea side x a fewreps, 6 pl x2, 7 pl x 1 ) 8 pl ea side (720 total- 360 ea arm!)x 6 + 2 FR ea side- up 1 rep Strong- maxed out machines plate capacity, intense! --------------------------------------------- -3. Hammer High rows. (new) w_ 2 pl a side, 3 pl a side, 4 pl/all were pretty eay, 5 pl ea side x 2,, 6 pl x 1- had to find strength level- sets were bilaterally, 6 pl x1 unilaterally to see if any difference. 6 pl ea side (271 ea side, 542 total!) x 4 bilaterally! 6 pl+ 25 295 ea side, 580 total! x 4 RP.- no assist r siide, slight on last couple' side.. 4. Cable Rows- stack+ 100 - 400 x 4! - up 10 lbs!. -------------r--------------------------------- 5. Shrugs- 500 x 7- holding eac contraction for a 2 count - -----------------------------------------------------BW 252 before workout- down a lb. Not sure how to evaluate this one. 3 or 4 PR's out of 5 or 5 or 6 working sets, so not my best ever, but held back on rack deads- was dead after doing the 500 lower, got 590 from the knees, far from my best, and didn't feel I could go a lot higher, and didn't really see the point, so I didn't. But PRd on next 3 exercises, 1 of which I hadn't tried in years at least not seriously, and after work out did spot check, not as great as last week from the front, but from the back- what I could see of it twisting some- my back looked LANDSCAPED, xmas tree under the sking, thick lats converging into an even thicker mid back. Lateral striations in triceps. My focus is shifting some from just lifting heavy off season weights, to using the heavy weights to generate intense and sometimes brutal contractions. Tormenting the muscle as opposed to lifting weights. Seems to be paying off- at least in back development. No biceps today- doing sat with Baldie. (After I train legs)

freebirdmac
02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Sure is hard reading those workout details :D

blu2xtreme
02-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Sure is hard reading those workout details :D

Sometimes I enjoy a challenge ...I'm actually getting use to them this way:)

HeavyDutyGuy
02-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry the sure crunches my entries. What I see in this box doesn't look the same when it posts. I'm about to rename this thread Car problems, depression and Caffeine. On way to work, just 2 or so weeks out of the shop, driving the 35 miles to work, and check engine light starts flashing, and as I got off the fwy, its running very badly, rough with little power. Something went, have no clue what. No way its making back home later.Gonna have to get it towed to service station that did the repairs and bum a ride home from him I guess. Truly sucks! Talk about a mood crash. Coffee is the only thing keeping from sinking into a coma.

blu2xtreme
02-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Coffee has saved me many times ...truly it has ...coffee, lifting and special friends have gotten me through some tough times.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
PECS ------------------- 1. Hammer Iso Lateral Bench Press - (warmup- 97 x 15, 2 sets, 187 x 8, , started alternating with dips 277x 6, 367 ( 4 plates ea side) x 4 ), 5 pl ea side - 457x1 unilateral,) 6 pl ea side 547 x 1 uni) 5 pl/o10 ea side x 4 RP. 7 pl + 22 ea side ( total!)x 4 neg ea arm!- up 12 lbs ea side, (24 overall)! .. -------------------------------------------------- 2. Weighted Dips BW 251, BW+100, + 200, + 245, BW+ 301 (552 total) x 1 + 4 negs. Ended up doing before heavier presses above. Came back and did 300 x 4 + 3 neg! ----------------------------------------- 3. Pec Dec- break in (w/u 130, 190 230, 280) stack 295 x 8. --------------------------------------------------------------------------Delts-------------------- 4. Machine Presses 1 pl, 2 pl, 3 pl), 4 pl + 10 ea side- 380 x 3! - up 10 lbs but 2 less rep. 5. DB Laterals - break-kin 75's x 8 ---- -------------------------- ------------------------------------------------- Great workout! - great intensity and focus! . Stong despite starting 20 weeks out eating/diet BW before workout 251. Looking wider, thicker. Arms up- 21" pumped, off the cuff, not real strict measurent.

gman
03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
damn, James...my thighs aren't much bigger than your arms!

Strong work, brother!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
damn, James...my thighs aren't much bigger than your arms!

Strong work, brother!

Thanks! Mind you that's a pumped, not strict measurement. I doubt there over 20" cold measured under strict conditions. But my arms are probably as LONG as your legs too, lol, so I guess that's fair..

freebirdmac
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
I wish my thighs were 20" :eek:

gman
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Mine are only 23 1/4 now...shit!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I wish my thighs were 20" :eek:

Now THAT'S funny. My arms are as big or bigger than your thighs.. I gues in stead of shaking hands I'd have to hold your foot and shake it? Lol..

HeavyDutyGuy
03-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Made 2 coorections, I mistyped before, elimanated all the warmups, just the corrections ........1. Hammer Iso Lateral Bench Press - 6 pl ea side 541 x 1 unilaterally) 6 pl+10 ea side (561 total! 280+ each side) x 4 RP each side. 7 pl + 22 ea side ( 675 total! 337+ each side!)x 4 neg ea arm!- up 12 lbs ea side, (24 overall)! .. ------------------------------------------------ I have been feeling this one! Very tired, sore, sucking down fluids.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Made 2 coorections, I mistyped before, elimanated all the warmups, just the corrections ........1. Hammer Iso Lateral Bench Press - 6 pl ea side 541 x 1 unilaterally) 6 pl+10 ea side (561 total! 280+ each side) x 4 RP each side. 7 pl + 22 ea side ( 675 total! 337+ each side!)x 4 neg ea arm!- up 12 lbs ea side, (24 overall)! .. ------------------------------------------------ I have been feeling this one! Very tired, sore, sucking down fluids.

"I just single handed unloaded then re loaded a semi tractor trailer".......................I have been feeling this one!"

NO CHIT SHERLOCK :hypno:

Baldie

axioma
03-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Sorry the sure crunches my entries. What I see in this box doesn't look the same when it posts. I'm about to rename this thread Car problems, depression and Caffeine. On way to work, just 2 or so weeks out of the shop, driving the 35 miles to work, and check engine light starts flashing, and as I got off the fwy, its running very badly, rough with little power. Something went, have no clue what. No way its making back home later.Gonna have to get it towed to service station that did the repairs and bum a ride home from him I guess. Truly sucks! Talk about a mood crash. Coffee is the only thing keeping from sinking into a coma.

Funny! I feel the last entry, went to mom's house and helped her settle some things. Xiomara and I moved 7 pieces of Dad's shop tools, lightest was 400 lbs. up a steep hill and into trailer. Then moved heavy furniture down stairs (15 total trips). I shouldn't be complaining, Xiomara is 85 lbs. lighter (but lb for lb stronger!). Just makes it a bitch getting into the gym. Thus the life of Masters, right! At this level, we are the true warriors of this sport.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Well shit hit the fan this week, After had to al the cops on my dad sat about the steak fork up in my face incident, he basically dissapears for a couple days, then weds cops come with two restraining orders against us, and had 15 min to leave the home,Great, with all our stuff, 2 dogs and 4 cats,,,,, ummmm yeah thats rational. spent thurs and fri getting our stuff -had to call for police escort whatever they call it, cant think right now, and got almost everything out of the house in and hour, then to our storage unit to get the rest, then 12 hours on the road to az and her parents got a roof over her andthe animals head- and mine for the tiembeing, but my job- and income is back in Calif, they know what happened, giving me a bit of time to make a decision, havent had to to even totally think things through. If I go back to work, still no place there, here, place but no prospects at the moment. obviously no workouts since Monday, my wife wont let quit training for the shows either- she said, youve worked too hard, Im not going to let him take that away from you.. lot of decisions to make, short and longer term, court is in two weeks,we have to go back, wil be interesting since most of his statements were wrong, my wife isnt 5'3" 150 wit brown eyes , and I'm not 5'11" 190 with brown eyes. Pretty sad when you cant describe your own son. the rest wasnt much better, will be a slam dunk but still have to do it. at least I wil get to see my daughter again for a day anyway.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-06-2010, 04:01 PM
James you have my numbers if I can help....$$, etc.

How can a man with Dementia control this situation?

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks Bill!- wil talk to you soon, k? How? Honestly? Because the elder laws in Kalifornia are totally one sided, hes very smart-was an engineer, and according to our counselor very twisted, Smart and twisted with laws favoring you isnt good- for anyone.. hes alone now in the House of Usher- sad.

V-Man
03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Hang in there hopefully this will all be sorted out. Your in my thoughts if you need anything let me know. I feel like so many of you are like family..

introvert
03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
now this is the kind of stuff i've been wanting to read about. nice! your intensity is inspiring.

freebirdmac
03-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Wow! That's some extremely stressful stuff! I sure hope it all gets sorted out and calmed down quickly. Dang.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah not a good situation at all. Wow I set a record for run on sentences in that post. Obviously still in PTSD mode. That should fade in a few years...lol.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Well going to try and get it going again tommorrow, going to miss Iron Bodies gym, my hard core haunt,
but have a decent Y here, going to give the local gyms- all three a pass- r
they freaked and wet their panties whenI trained there before, nothings changed since we were here last year I am sure. Half tempted to drive to the Valley, I hear Alves and James train down there somewhere. Will see. I am pissed and on a mission.

Mac
03-08-2010, 06:28 AM
James, stay strong, keep on hitting the iron, it will always be your friend.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Back - .................................................. .....................................
1. Rack Deadlifts -from below knees ) (w/u bar, 2 x 20 135 x15,225x8 , 315x1, 405x1, all raw- no straps, no belt, 495x 1, 585 x 1- couldnt get 675 from belew knee, so moved on.
2. Chins- warmup BW (245) BW+50 x 8 + 2 slow negs.
3. BB Rows w/u 315 x6. 405 x3, 500x4
4. Eagle Machine Rows- stack-295 x 6----------------------------------
5. Shrugs- 500 x 8- up 1 repholding each contraction for a 2 count - -----------------------------------------------------
6. BB Curls 225 x6
7.Alt DB Curls 1`25's x 4!- up 5 lbs and 1 rep each arm- no 120's at this gym- 125's are the highest.
8. Cable Curls- stack- didnt count reps
BW 245 before workout- down a few lb. Not sure how to evaluate this one again becuase the equipment was different- 1PR - that I could tell anyway.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
PS I almost forgot how heavy 500 lbs feels..,

axioma
03-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Well going to try and get it going again tommorrow, going to miss Iron Bodies gym, my hard core haunt,
but have a decent Y here, going to give the local gyms- all three a pass- r
they freaked and wet their panties whenI trained there before, nothings changed since we were here last year I am sure. Half tempted to drive to the Valley, I hear Alves and James train down there somewhere. Will see. I am pissed and on a mission.

I feel your pain. everyone is making their money on what BODYBUILDERS started, yet no one welcomes them anymore. WE started the physical culture movement in the 1890's, WE embraced the sun and fun fitness culture of the 50's and 60's, WE influenced EVERY major training philosophy for EVERY sport to make their stars better and all THEY care about is catering to is the fucking sofa cunts who go "I'm scared of the big, strong, self-assured bodybuilder who is lifting weight to look like I would secretly want to but am SCARED!!!" Pant, pant....rant. I feel ya, dog.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
James you made that gym hard core. Wherever you train that becomes...hard core.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I feel your pain. everyone is making their money on what BODYBUILDERS started, yet no one welcomes them anymore. WE started the physical culture movement in the 1890's, WE embraced the sun and fun fitness culture of the 50's and 60's, WE influenced EVERY major training philosophy for EVERY sport to make their stars better and all THEY care about is catering to is the fucking sofa cunts who go "I'm scared of the big, strong, self-assured bodybuilder who is lifting weight to look like I would secretly want to but am SCARED!!!" Pant, pant....rant. I feel ya, dog.
That was almost poetic.... glad to know there a few warriors left- god are most of us in this little corner of RX? I'm starting to think so...

HeavyDutyGuy
03-10-2010, 04:03 PM
James you made that gym hard core. Wherever you train that becomes...hard core.

Baldie
The master always speaks truth. Youre right of course. Can always visit it for fun if we stay here long term.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah started contest eating last weekend... Was loking chitty sunda- but took some last night after 3 days near keto- then a 200 gram carb refeed yeserday-omfg, ridiculously better- not cuts- to slices in arms, abs, even thighs.... on a ceel so cant upload them, and probalby only Blue and GM would like them....... didnt have posing trunks lol. Anyway maybe getting on a roll now. despite all the crap, the SNOW here- SNOW is for skiing- and a slight cold..off to do legs- WAKE UP James!

bodyhard
03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
How much are you weighing now Heavy D?

HeavyDutyGuy
03-11-2010, 12:04 AM
How much are you weighing now Heavy D?
Joihn- all over the map with the emergency move, stress, not training a week, eating bad then normal; then starting diet. will start recording again not looking to lose weight; just up the protein, cut the carbs and bad fats, its all I need at this point to cut up.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-11-2010, 12:04 AM
LEGS -------------------------------------------
1. Squats wamups bar x 2 sets, 140, 230, 320, 410 x 5 615 x 6
2. Leg ext- warmups then 310 x 10
3. Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 3 pl ea side x10, 5 pl ea side, 7 pl ea side, 9 pl ea side ea for 2 reps, 10 pl ea side x 6.
4. Leg Curl - w.u 110, 140, 195 x6
5. Standing Calf Raise - w/u 400 500 600x6

Baldiewonkanobi
03-11-2010, 07:28 AM
That didn't take long.......

YouTube- The Terminator - I'll be back scene -

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-13-2010, 12:12 AM
1. Weighted Dips BW 245 BW+125, + 250 x 5- 2 sets,
2.DB Bench- throw it- had the two 125 dbs that I did dips with, did on a whim- terrible 250 (total) x4
3. Smith Incline Press- -break in 114, 195 285 x6.335 x5, 355x5
4. Pec Dec- break in (w/u a few sets) stack x 9 ea side--------------------------------------------------------------------------Delts---------------------------
5. Smith Machine Presses 1 pl, 2 pl x 2- 195, 2 pl+10 ea side 215 x 5
6. Machine Laterals --break in a few wamups - stack x 11 ea side---- -------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
TRICEPs
7. One arm pushdowns- stack x8 ea arm
Good workout!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Drove down from the moutains in N Az to the Valley- Phoenix for an interview, got to get something out here prety soon. While checking out a couple things after, drove to a gym that was listed on another site listing hard core gyms. Was small, but pretty good. nothing exceptional that you dont see in most gyms- except more than one squat and power rack..and one more thing which I will get to in bit.
Wasnt realy expecting to workout there was looking for opportunity, not much there right now- but potentially could generate a little something long term.
Back and biceps day scheduled. scoped out what was available.. standard cable pulldown, cable row, A Hammer strength high row, barbells and dumbells- up to 150- AND in the corner two monster dumbells about 220 lbs....
Decided to go for the stack on each, was in a down mood and felt I needed to make some kind of statement, to sort of stand and say I Am.
1.Started with Close Grip Pulldowns to chest 150, 200, 250 then 290 x8- the stack on one, then 300 x8- the stack on the other - that got freed up.
2. Went to Dumbell Rows next 120'sx6, 150's x 6. This is where it got good, Went over to the monster DB's rolled one out- damn even roling them wasnt real easy. Strapped up- left arm first pulled- nothing. Got mad- Dang I wanted to make a statement- Im going to get this and got 220 x 4!- Rest paused (10sec)- each arm, Right was easier than left, found a better groove. Still felt I had something more in me something left to do so strapped up, 220 x 6 staight reps each arm! Shattered my previous PR- and knocked knocked knocked on Dorians door...lol, for that shining moment anyway. .. and it was mine, noone can take that away, even if I never do it again- though I want to, even if I only get there once a month- wont hurt my back mass any.
3. Cable Rows- a few warmups then stack- 300 x 8- nice and strict.
4. DB shrugs- ever try to deadlift two 220 lb dumbells to try and shrug them? I got halfway up and had to bail- wasnt going to get it, then pain was unreal. thought for a moment- did one arm DB shrugs- anyone can get 220 up right?- got 4 with left side-0 only 2 with right- fatigue (and toddler in next room screaming his head off) got to me.
onto Biceps
5. Alt Db Curls tried 130's- (statement time again) got 1 1/2 left arm, only 1 right, but I did get it. up 10 lbs each side for 1 less rep over a month a go, and 30 lbs per side since last July....
6.Preacher curl machine 100 x6, 120 x6, 150x6- biceps were pumped to distortion ... nice striations now in bis.
Didnt record bodyweight. been on higher protein, lower carbs, gradually lowering fats.
On a god day its looked like this
1. 7 eggs- started with whole eggs, cutting a yolk each two weeks till Im down to none, two slices 9 grain toast- plain.
2. Metrx bar- wil seque to protein shake as I go,
3. 7 to 10 oz tuna with olive oil based mayo.
4. Same as 2.
5. Mixed- usually 2 chicken breast- some beef or maybe fish, Brocolli- as much as is left.lol
6. Reallly optional but a bar or chugg down a few eggs- after nuking them got 30 -35 secs, will switch to whey soon.
Most days only getting 5 of these, but I am leaning out and thicker than two weeks out, so thats a good thing. No supplements at all in over two weeks, will start up again on monday. still have almost a full can of animal packs, and some creatine. need whey.

freebirdmac
03-16-2010, 06:23 PM
^
|
|
|

:eek: !!!!!!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-17-2010, 04:18 PM
LOL BIRDY! Where oh where did my other post go??

HeavyDutyGuy
03-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Off to do legs. wth a chest cold and a mile up this should be fun..

Baldiewonkanobi
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Off to do legs. wth a chest cold and a mile up this should be fun..

Suck on a pine needle.

Baldie

axioma
03-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Drove down from the moutains in N Az to the Valley- Phoenix for an interview, got to get something out here prety soon. While checking out a couple things after, drove to a gym that was listed on another site listing hard core gyms. Was small, but pretty good. nothing exceptional that you dont see in most gyms- except more than one squat and power rack..and one more thing which I will get to in bit.
Wasnt realy expecting to workout there was looking for opportunity, not much there right now- but potentially could generate a little something long term.
Back and biceps day scheduled. scoped out what was available.. standard cable pulldown, cable row, A Hammer strength high row, barbells and dumbells- up to 150- AND in the corner two monster dumbells about 220 lbs....
Decided to go for the stack on each, was in a down mood and felt I needed to make some kind of statement, to sort of stand and say I Am.
1.Started with Close Grip Pulldowns to chest 150, 200, 250 then 290 x8- the stack on one, then 300 x8- the stack on the other - that got freed up.
2. Went to Dumbell Rows next 120'sx6, 150's x 6. This is where it got good, Went over to the monster DB's rolled one out- damn even roling them wasnt real easy. Strapped up- left arm first pulled- nothing. Got mad- Dang I wanted to make a statement- Im going to get this and got 220 x 4!- Rest paused (10sec)- each arm, Right was easier than left, found a better groove. Still felt I had something more in me something left to do so strapped up, 220 x 6 staight reps each arm! Shattered my previous PR- and knocked knocked knocked on Dorians door...lol, for that shining moment anyway. .. and it was mine, noone can take that away, even if I never do it again- though I want to, even if I only get there once a month- wont hurt my back mass any.
3. Cable Rows- a few warmups then stack- 300 x 8- nice and strict.
4. DB shrugs- ever try to deadlift two 220 lb dumbells to try and shrug them? I got halfway up and had to bail- wasnt going to get it, then pain was unreal. thought for a moment- did one arm DB shrugs- anyone can get 220 up right?- got 4 with left side-0 only 2 with right- fatigue (and toddler in next room screaming his head off) got to me.
onto Biceps
5. Alt Db Curls tried 130's- (statement time again) got 1 1/2 left arm, only 1 right, but I did get it. up 10 lbs each side for 1 less rep over a month a go, and 30 lbs per side since last July....
6.Preacher curl machine 100 x6, 120 x6, 150x6- biceps were pumped to distortion ... nice striations now in bis.
Didnt record bodyweight. been on higher protein, lower carbs, gradually lowering fats.
On a god day its looked like this
1. 7 eggs- started with whole eggs, cutting a yolk each two weeks till Im down to none, two slices 9 grain toast- plain.
2. Metrx bar- wil seque to protein shake as I go,
3. 7 to 10 oz tuna with olive oil based mayo.
4. Same as 2.
5. Mixed- usually 2 chicken breast- some beef or maybe fish, Brocolli- as much as is left.lol
6. Reallly optional but a bar or chugg down a few eggs- after nuking them got 30 -35 secs, will switch to whey soon.
Most days only getting 5 of these, but I am leaning out and thicker than two weeks out, so thats a good thing. No supplements at all in over two weeks, will start up again on monday. still have almost a full can of animal packs, and some creatine. need whey.

You are sick, sick....sick....:no:

HeavyDutyGuy
03-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Suck on a pine needle.

Baldie
LOL-- ok on semi keto I cant even tell if youre serious... half zombie state...

HeavyDutyGuy
03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
You are sick, sick....sick....:no:
Wow! thanks for the compliment!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
LEGS -------------------------------------------
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 140, 230, 320, 410 x 4. 500x 1) 625 x 4- had to try to the unrack and walk back 3 times before I got it, - was a bit weak from stress and dieting-but got pissed and then did 620 x 4- hard set1- slow negative to pins at end.
2. Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 9 pl ea side x1 10 pl ea side x 1, 11 plates a side x1) 12 plates a side x4!- up 2 plates each aside -180 lbs for 2 less reps!!! 7 plates each side x *NA resp (4 each leg)- very slow negatives.
3.Cybex Leg Extension - a few warm ups then stack + 15 310 x 12 + 2 FR!- up 2 reps
4. Cybex Seated Leg Curl -new- a few warmups then 200 x 9
5. Standing Calf Raise - 600x 13- up 7 reps! 500 x 5+2 FR each leg!
GREAT workout- some awesome increases, basically up on everything except off a rep or two squats with the weight increase. Legs were toasted, very drained for an hour after... showing more cuts, vascularity- down afew lbs - dieting, low crabs- no keto though, cutting up up fast without it..

bodyhard
03-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Dude you are freakishly strong what the fuck? :D

HeavyDutyGuy
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Dude you are freakishly strong what the fuck? :D
LOL Jonh! you get what you train for, Scandinavian genetics or willpower- take your pick?

HeavyDutyGuy
03-20-2010, 12:36 AM
1. Weighted Dips BW 241- 2 warm up sets, BW+125, + 250 x 4, +250 lbs x6+3 negs
2. Smith Incline Press- -break in 115, 195 285 x6, 335, 375x4. 400 x 3!- up 45 lbs for 1 less rep!-long time coming but rocked it
3. Smith Machine Overhead Presses 1 pl, 2 pl - 195, 2 pl+25 ea side 245 x 3! up 30 lbs for 2 less reps.
4. Pec Dec 220 x 7- tough despite not being all that heavy- very strict squeezed at top.
5. Rear delts on pec dec 220 x 6
6. Machine Laterals -- - stack x 16 +2 FR ea side!- up 5 reps ea side!--- -------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
Great workout!- Strong- hit two major milesstones- 3 PR's. Intense, verey focused to day.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
James...post the pic you sent me yesterday. Your arms were amazing....22"+ ??

Baldie

gman
03-20-2010, 11:14 AM
James has legs for arms...

HeavyDutyGuy
03-20-2010, 05:08 PM
OK. had to reformat it. Dont know how big my arms are...very big?

HeavyDutyGuy
03-20-2010, 05:17 PM
arm shot

HeavyDutyGuy
03-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Theres the "leg" for ya Mike, lol.

freebirdmac
03-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Theres the "leg" for ya Mike, lol.

No kidding! Without a title I would have assumed it was a leg!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-22-2010, 12:53 AM
No kidding! Without a title I would have assumed it was a leg!
LOL! should I go onstage walking on my hands since the judges love legs so much now?

HeavyDutyGuy
03-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Diet has been tight- too tight- flat this weekend.. ate some carbs- circa 100 grams today- grains and veggies mostly.. tommorrow is legs- better do another 50 or so. 620 lbs is too heavy with no glycogen.. back on supps tommorrow- 18 weeks left- a couple less for the Muscle beach thing.... so much to do this week---I need to clone myself.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-22-2010, 06:41 AM
:hypno: 13 WEEKS :hypno:

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Wait. LOL- I was counting til Pitt.. but July 4th is sooner. shooting to peak then- July 4th will be a trial run through-and have some fun- and work on the stage presentation in a live (albeit different) setting. no matter- time to HIT IT HARD!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-22-2010, 08:26 PM
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 135, 225, 315, 410 x 5. 495x 2) 625 x6!-up 5 lbs andd 2 reps!- unracked- a bit too close to the pins, first rep wasnt deep enough- each succeding rep seemed to be better- 1 negative too pins at end- awesome set- suckign wind after!
2. Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 10 pl ea side x 2, 11 plates a side x2) 12 plates a side x6+ 2FR!- up 2 reps.
8 plates each side x 8 NA reps (4 each leg)- very slow negatives- up 90 lbs per leg!.
3.Cybex Leg Extension - a few warm ups then stack + 15 310 x 15 + 2 FR!- up 3 reps1
4. Cybex Seated Leg Curl -- a few warmups then 210 x 10+ 2 FR- up 10 lbs and 1 rep!
5. Standing Calf Raise - 600x 16- up 3 reps! 520 x 5+2 FR each leg!- up 20 lbs per leg!
Awesome workout!- ALL PR's!- some big increases, up on everything! Intensity up another notch!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-22-2010, 08:30 PM
After workout today.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Never eat at Subway in Northern Arizona.. 0 for my last 2- today and last year. I got sick both times. Last time was 3 days-and all three got sick, this better not even last 3 hours, I have to train back and arms!

HeavyDutyGuy
03-25-2010, 06:27 PM
BACK
1. Deadlifts -from top- to lmid shins (w/u bar, 2 x 20 135,225, 315, 405x4, all raw- no straps, no belt- with straps 500- to knee only x3.
Rack dead from pins- 500 x 1, 585 x 1-675 x1, 765 x2, 855 x 3!- 0 plates locked out stronger thant last month..
2. BB Rows 405 x6, 500x 5- up 1 rep
3. Shrugs- 590 x 6- up 90 lbs for 2 less reps rep holding each contraction for a count. 2 sets.
4. Cybex Pulldown- new- several break in sets- then stack x8, stack+15 -305 x7!, then unilaterally 305 x 4+2 FR+ 2neg- left, x 5+2 FR=2 neg right!- machine is made to do this function so it wasnt as heavy as it might seem. - -----------------------------------------------------

BICEPS
5.Alt DB Curls 125's x 3
6. BB Curls 225 x6
BW 243.4 before workout- VERY strong- up a few lbs despite tight diet.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-27-2010, 04:21 PM
PECS
1. Weighted Dips BW 241- 2 warm up sets, BW+125, + 250 x 5, +275 lbs x5+2 negs- up 25 lbs for 1 less rep!
2. Smith Bench Press- warmups- 115, 195 285, 375, 415 x1) 425x 2 1/2- failed on 3 rd !- up 25 lbs! 450 x 1! ( 4 pl+35 each side) - last one for fun and to see if I could get it.
3. Pec Dec 240 x 7+1 static+1 neg- ! up 20 lbs - 250 x4 RP!
DELTS
4. Smith Machine Overhead Presses warmups 1 pl, 2 pl , 2pl+2-- each side- 235 255 x1) 265 x 4! - up 20 lbs annd 1 rep! 285 x 3- up (total) 40 lbs!) 300x1!- another max attempt for fun and to see if I could get it - 3 plates+ 7.5 each side.

5. Rear delts on pec dec 240 x 6- up 20 lbs!
6. Machine Laterals -- - stack x 21 +2 FR +3 neg ea side!- up 5 reps ea side!--- --------------------------
TRICEPS
7.Machine extensions stack-190 x6 !
8..Pushdowns - stack x 12+2 neg.
Awesome workout- very strong- SHATTERED PR's- about 8- average increase was 20 lbs per movement.
amazing considering I was down a couple lbs and the stress this week was very high. Looking thicker, wider, harder.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Are you training up on the hill or going down to P town??

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Was reading in another thread about calves. Didnt think it was appropriate to post this there so....

Baldiewonkanobi
04-03-2010, 06:35 AM
James those pics you sent were amazing. You are way ahead of last year....and dialed in earlier.

Watching the attached I could not help but think of you and MM....

http://www.flexonline.com/videos/?bcpid=17320904001&bclid=1460782895&bctid=75740894001

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
04-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks! should I post them up? I am just watching the video- very impressive! I thought for his body if he went to that style it would help him at this point- hes looking great.. I want his shoulders-- Maybe when I can get as many reps with 3 plate as hes getting- just finally got to that poundage the last two workouts I did- but only got 3.. and not all the way to my clavicles like he is- ouch! watch out top O contenders... he might be back this year..

Mac
04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks! should I post them up? .

This thread is useless without pics!

j/k post them up.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-03-2010, 04:01 PM
This thread is useless without pics!

j/k post them up.
Lol ok ok, too much pressure...LOL.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
A bit too light, but I liked this one detail starting to show..

HeavyDutyGuy
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Strength is way up- hit all PRS mondays leg workout. I wont even go into the poundages, but I maxed out the bar on rack deads last time, thinking about using my jeep bumper for them today. Metabolism in friggin overdrive- had to crap load a bit, only two meals- one was just high fat, the other a bit more balanced. Above pic was taken last week.

axioma
04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
A bit too light, but I liked this one detail starting to show..

Leaner than what I thought! Looking good!

HeavyDutyGuy
04-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Had a good one yesterday-

1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 135, 225, 315, 410. 495) 645 x7!-up 5 lbs and 1 rep- and was able to work the last reps with better form, last rep was a slow negative down to the pins.

2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 10 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ a 25 lb on top 1115 x 6+1 FR !- up 25 lbs for 2 less reps! . 9 pl +25 a side- 910 x 8 neg Act - 4 ea leg- up 30 lbseach leg!

3.Cybex Leg Extension - 275 x 4 RP ea leg!- up 15 lbs ea leg!

4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- break in- need mre hamstrings- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl 3 pl, 4 pl - 375x 8!

5.Leg Curl --150 x 4 RP ea leg!- up 10 lbs ea leg

6. Standing Calf Raise. 580 x 5+2 FR each leg!- up 20 lbs per leg!

Awesome workout!- 8 PRs out of 8 working sets- up on everything! Intense! Felt like crap going in - had been sick all weekend, and waqsnt sure if I should go into the Y to workout or the ER accross the street. Decided to train. Mind over matter.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Arms coming up :)

HeavyDutyGuy
04-15-2010, 12:39 AM
1. Deadlifts -warmups- lot of different sets. then up to 405 from to- full range x 4. 495 x 2 half reps and 1 full neg.
Rack deads from pins knee level - 585 x 1, 675 x1, 765 x1, 855 x1, 10 plates+ 10 a side - 965 lbs x 3!up 10 lbs- felt strong so went up- 975 x 2 1/2! up a total 20 lbs1- missed scond rep..
2. Shrugs- 675 x 6! x 4- up 1 rep.
3.BB rows 405 x 5- stricter, higher pull-stayed with this weight
4. Chins- bodyweight-x8, x9-concentrated on pulling with lats..

BICEPS
5. BB Curls 225 x 8 1/2!- rest paused bit for last few.
6. Alt DB Curls 125's x 4- cleaner- better contractions this time.
Great workout!- only 4 PRs, but the pulls were huge and went more for full contractions on everything than weight for reps.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Question for you James. I have trained with you and you are certified one of the strongest Bodybuilders ever over 50. I have also worked with you posing and backstage pre contest. I have never seen you final prep gym wise. Do you Mentzer it right up to show time or do you do like 30 days out.... high reps??

Baldie

bodyhard
04-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Heavy D, question, I met your wife, she is a very lovely woman who stands by you in bodybuilding, why the fuck do you always have to take your own pictures in front of a mirror?????

freebirdmac
04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
John has issues will self-mirror picts, lol :D

Baldiewonkanobi
04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Heavy D, question, I met your wife, she is a very lovely woman who stands by you in bodybuilding, why the fuck do you always have to take your own pictures in front of a mirror?????

:confused: BUMP :confused:

Baldie

freebirdmac
04-15-2010, 02:41 PM
:confused: BUMP :confused:

Baldie

Apparently Baldie too!

(I'm glad I own a tripod)

HeavyDutyGuy
04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Question for you James. I have trained with you and you are certified one of the strongest Bodybuilders ever over 50. I have also worked with you posing and backstage pre contest. I have never seen you final prep gym wise. Do you Mentzer it right up to show time or do you do like 30 days out.... high reps??

Baldie
Great question. in the past I was always cardioing to drop fat til the last week. So I did the heavy stuff plus lots of cardio. This year, started out my prep much leaner, and so the situation is a bit different. 2 lbs above last years weigh in weight in as of yesterday. So i am looking to GROW into the show.
Having said that, I started doing a high rep/low rep thing on some exercises - like when I squatted 610 for 6 and then you had me do 225 and I got 25 reps back in Calif. I started doing that with some postive results til the massive head cold/congestion thing made its way through the house. Breathing just got too labored around 15 reps. I am thinking of maintaining training poundages, but just adding reps each week -either straight reps- or rest pause ala DC. or two heavy sets of basic exercises- and then a giant set with higher reps after. Will experiment and put up what I find out.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-15-2010, 07:32 PM
She is supportive, but I have to do my prep stuff myself- making my breakfast, lunch, training- obviously, posing practice. She takes alot of pics around contest time- maybe theres nothing worth picting til then?

HeavyDutyGuy
04-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Time to see if i can match WOLF on shoulder presses. I like what I saw on his short video. His trainer has the same general tack that I am on.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-16-2010, 11:12 PM
PECS
1. Weighted Dips BW 240- BW, BW+125, + 250 x 5, BW+310x 3+ 2 negs!, x 2 negs- inroads were too much from previous set, 250 x6- "pump" set.
2. Smith Bench Press- warmups- 115, 195 285, 375x3, 465 x 2 -5 pl each side .
3. Pec Dec 290 x 6!- up 3 reps - pre ex with
Smith bench- 3 pl aside- 295 x 4.
DELTS
4. Smith Machine Overhead Presses warmups 1 pl, 2 pl , 3 pl a side- 285 x 4.
5. Db Laterals 80's x 6- up 5 lbs a side - 10 overall and 1 more rep preex with
Smith Press 2 pl a side 195 x 5.
6. Bentover Laterals - 100's x7- up 10 lbs a side -20 overall and 1 more rep.
TRICEPS
7.Machine extensions stack+ 15- 205 x10 !- up 2 reps. 150 x 6 neg act- 3 each arm!
8..Pushdowns - stack- 150 x 17.
Great workout- strong, intensity up a notch, slightly more volume- 4 PR's.

Mac
04-16-2010, 11:29 PM
I feel like a fuckin' whimp seeing the weight you use.

Good job.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Lol Mac- I have a big bodyweight advantage..

Mac
04-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Lol Mac- I have a big bodyweight advantage..

and height, and muscle, but I got you on the good looks. you got me on the hair. you win

HeavyDutyGuy
04-17-2010, 07:41 PM
and height, and muscle, but I got you on the good looks. you got me on the hair. you win
Lol too funny! One win down- two to go ..

HeavyDutyGuy
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 135, 225, 315, 410. 495) 655 x5!-up 10 lbs a couple less reps- each rep seemed better than the least + pl.a slow negative down to the pins.
2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 1 pl, 3 pl, 6 pl ea side, 9 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 35 lb on top 1175 x 5+1 FR !- up 20 lbs for 1 less rep! . 9 pl +25 a side+ 35 - 945 x 8 neg Act - 4 ea leg- up 30 lb seach leg!

3.Cybex Leg Extension - a couple warmups then the entire stack 290 x 4 RP ea leg!- up 15 lbs ea leg!
4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl 3 pl, 4 pl + 12.5 ea side 400x6! - up 25 lbs for 2 less reps!
5.Leg Curl --170 x 4 RP ea leg!- up 20 lbs ea leg!
6. Standing Calf Raise. stack 600 x 16, 600 x 4+2 FR+ 2 Neg each leg!- up 20 lbs per leg!
7. Cybex Rotary Calf stack- 405 x15!- up 2 reps
Awesome workout!- 8 PRs! up on every exercise! Intense! Focused.. Felt tired and sleepy going in - didnt seem to matter I got what i went for!

Mac
04-20-2010, 06:07 AM
You did a 170lb leg curl and a 290lb extension with one leg?

Baldiewonkanobi
04-20-2010, 06:37 AM

Mac he does this chit....been there, seen it for myself. I posted that he did 610# full squats X 6 reps followed 3 min. later by 225 X 25. If I could pump him full of mega AAS/HGH/etc. he would stage near 280.

Baldie

Mac
04-20-2010, 07:05 AM
I don't doubt his word Bill. That just makes me feel, ummm... very weak. I can't leg curl 170 for reps with two fuckin' legs.

axioma
04-20-2010, 08:09 AM
I get depressed when I read this thread...

HeavyDutyGuy
04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah four rest pause reps with 10 seconds in between- had to assist slightly on last 2 left leg- right leg a bit more- leg curls went all four unassisted. I want to get to 10 reps- or more with that by the end of prep- wouldnt that be cool for my high rep stuff the last few weeks- single leg extensions with the stack for high reps? ala Ray Mentzer.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Mac he does this chit....been there, seen it for myself. I posted that he did 610# full squats X 6 reps followed 3 min. later by 225 X 25. If I could pump him full of mega AAS/HGH/etc. he would stage near 280.

Baldie
Yeah that was a killer- going to start doing that again during the last 12 weeks here. Going to kill at this altitude - but it is what it is... and that last is so tempting......

HeavyDutyGuy
04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't doubt his word Bill. That just makes me feel, ummm... very weak. I can't leg curl 170 for reps with two fuckin' legs.
Just keep hammering the hamstrings... I am stepping up mine, the judges- and current standards are hamstring crazy..

HeavyDutyGuy
04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I get depressed when I read this thread...
That almost made me feel bad - after I stopped laughing. Dude you are doing awesome.. you have NO worries.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Was down in the Valley interviewing, job market up here too dead to limit myself, so drove the 80 miles to Scottsdale. While there looked up Golds and there was one a couple miles so went there to check it out. Might have got something in the works there too after talking my mouth off... of course had to take a workout at Golds- venice or not!

1.Hammer wide pulldown- new- w/us up to 5 pl ea side x 2. 6 pl ea soide- 540+ lbs- x 4 RP!- great but wanted better contractons so did 6 pl x 3+2 FR+2 negs ea arm!

2. Hammer low rows w/u then 6 pl ea side x5= 2 FR+2 neg ea arm.

3. Deads -from top wu to 405 a x a couple, 495 x 3+ 1 neg- getting back to where I was. Rack- from top of knees w/u up 855, then 945 x2- had more in me- but bar didnt- plate fell off afterr scond rep- lost collar afte first- was out to the very end.

4.Shrugs 705 x5!- 2 sets- up 30 lbS!

5. Alt DB cheating curls 130's x4!- 135s x 2- very awkward- dbs just too wide..

6.Cable Curls 190 lb stack x 8- vert strict!

BW 238- up a bit despite tight diet-rebound time- growing into show :)

Baldiewonkanobi
04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Just keep hammering the hamstrings... I am stepping up mine, the judges- and current standards are hamstring crazy..

Back and hammies is the judging table montra these days. I have the back (well at least for the 70s group). Now I have doubled up on my hammies. Can we say middle of the night cramps :hypno: ? (picture Gwenyth Paltroes hams...you got it)

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
04-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Same here- my back is good, but my hams from the back arennt great. and the whole glute thing?- cant even see mine when I have posing trunks on. Tight and white and high.lol aint hauling my trunks up my ass crack either- fuck that.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
#theMenu { width: 210px; height: 850px; overflow:hidden ; list-style:none; list-style-image:none;margin:0; padding:0}
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/author/Img1015721259445838.JPG
James Vandervest
Phoenix Body Building Examiner

Not sure how well this will go- but its my first writing gig!

axioma
04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Uh, Baldie's hams are like Gwyneth Paltrow? Homoerotica coming on here....

freebirdmac
04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
aint hauling my trunks up my ass crack either- fuck that.

Aww. Turnabout is fair play!

:D

HeavyDutyGuy
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
From my third show- and first trophy. Also around the time I met Baldie- remember this one Bill?

HeavyDutyGuy
04-24-2010, 12:42 AM
1. Weighted Dips w/u BW 237- 2 sets BW, BW+125, + 250 x 5,
BW+325x3 negs!- 2 sets- very heavy- 300x 5 positives.

2. Smith Bench Press- warmups- 115, 195, 285, 375x3,
465 x 2 + 1 neg!

3. Pec Dec 300 x 7+1 static+ 1 neg!- up 10 lbs and 1 rep - pre ex with
Smith bench- 4 pl aside- 375 x 4- up 90 lbs over last weeks superset.

DELTS
4. Smith Machine Overhead Presses warmups 1 pl, 2 pl , 3 pl a side- 285 x 4 struggled to get 4.

5. Db Laterals 85's x 8- up 5 lbs a side - 10 overall and 2 more reps! preex with
Smith Press 3 pl a side 285 x 3 - only 1 rep less thanstraight set and up 90 lbs for 2 less reps over last weeks superset!
6. Bentover Laterals - 100's x9- up 2 more reps. 125's x4!- ouch!

TRICEPS
7.Machine extensions 170 x 6 neg act!- 3 each arm - up 20 bs!
150 x 4 RP each arm-brutal!

8..Pushdowns -one arm weird stack- 65 x 2+2 FR+2 neg- have no clue what that would be on a real stack.

Great workout-was kind of lethargic due to alow blood sugar attack before but was strong-6 PR', focused and pushed the intensity variables more.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-24-2010, 07:36 AM
From my third show- and first trophy. Also around the time I met Baldie- remember this one Bill?

Poorly judged show. Guy in the red suit was the best. Did not get it. Your body positioning/posing was off otherwise you had 2nd.

FODO

HeavyDutyGuy
04-27-2010, 03:21 AM
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 135, 225, 315, 410. 495, 585x1)then---- 675 (7 plates a side) x5 1/2 (couldnt get rep 3 but got 3 good ones after I regrouped)+a slow negative down to the pins!- awesome set- wanted and got 7 plates- squat is up 35 lbs this month, and about 6o in the last couple months.

2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 50 lb on top 1180 5+2FR !- up 15 lbs! 10 pl a side- 950 x 8 neg Act! - 4 ea leg- up 5 lbs.

3.Cybex Leg Extension - a couple warmups then the entire stack+15- 305 x 4 RP ea leg!- up 15 lbs ea leg!- some assist on reps at sticking points.
305- x15 - burnout- blowtorch set.

4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl 3 pl, 4 pl +25 ea side 425x 5 -- had to stop and reset- hooks hit and stuck on pins- up 25 lbs!

5.Leg Curl --205 x 6 NA

6. Standing Calf Raise stack- 600 x 5+2 FR+ 2 Neg each leg!- up 1 rep. 600 x 15 bilaterally- burnout set.

7. Cybex Rotary Calf stack- 405 x17!- up 2 reps
Awesome workout!- up on every exercise! Intense! Focused. Major breakthrough workout on squats!

Hammerfit
04-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Damnn bro u push some heavy chit around nice~

HeavyDutyGuy
04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
YouTube- Rocky Balboa Speech

this is so where I am at right now..

axioma
04-28-2010, 07:57 AM
I hear ya! Glad you are continuing to grow and improve. It motivates me to get through these injuries. The tendonitis is actually getting a little better. Keep pushing and pushing us.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-29-2010, 03:52 AM
1. Deads -from top wu 135, 225, 315, 405 a x 3, 495 x 2, 545 x 3- range wasnt all the way on this set,though last rep was getting there- getting back to where I was before back got hurt= up 50 lbs over last week,. Rack- from knees w/u 675x2, 765 x2, up 855, 945 x2. 1000 x3! - lockouts could have been better- but still it was 1000 and repped it!- up 25 lbs- had 2 1/2s hanging on collars- dont need to go any higher in weight :)

2.Shrugs 725 x5! x 4- up 20 lbS!

3.BB Rows 405 x 7 x 6- stayed with this, focused on pulling with last s and trying to keep elbows high.

Thats all- short but sweet- had limited time after spending the whole afternoon and early eve in Phonenix. Got to rate this really good for PRs' effectiveness, weights and intensity. will have to make up the chins/pulldowns and biceps maybe on Sat.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Good grief James...1am?? Sleep son sleep. Sleep to grow ;)

:gn:

Baldie

bodyhard
04-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Dude you are one fucking strong mother fucker!

Would love to get a workout with you one day man, seriously.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-29-2010, 11:53 AM
James...saw the pic you sent me of the 1,000# rack pulls. :hypno:

:oLUNK ALARM:o

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Lol- I slept. Didnt get home til well afer 10. slept in though. going back to Valley at 330 to train the Gold's Personal training manager. I have a good shot at that.
Jonh. hey anytime. That would be awesome!
LOL- Lunk alert- ok here it is- bar wasnt broken- though one guy thought it was going to..

HeavyDutyGuy
05-01-2010, 01:56 PM
1. Weighted Dips w/u BW -240, BW, BW+45, Bw +90, Bw+135, BWw+180, Bw+225, BW+275, BW+315 x2+2 negs, x3+2 negs, x 2+2 negs!= 7 plates!- up 15 lbs for a couple less reps. dont need to go higher- cant fit anymore weight hanging anyway. wiil just add reps and negatives as I go.

2. Smith Bench Press- warmups- 115, 195, 285, 375x3,
465 x3!- 5 plates a side!

3. Pec Dec 315x 5!- up 15 lbs for 2 less rep - pre ex with
Smith bench- 4 pl + 12.5 a side- 400 x 4- up 25 lbs over last weeks superset!

DELTS
4. Smith Machine Overhead Presses warmups 1 pl, 2 pl , 3 pl a side- 285 x 5!- up 1 rep.

5. Db Laterals 90's x 6 up 5 lbs a side - 10 overall for 2 less reps preex with
Smith Press 3 pl a side 285 x 4- up 1 rep
6. Bentover Laterals - 125's x6!-

ARMs

7. alt Db curls 125's x 5! x4 supersetted with

8..Pushdowns -one arm - 60 x10, 100 x8.

Awesome workout! strong-PRs again!, focused on form and pushed the intensity more,Bw about 240- UP several lbs since Monday.?

Baldiewonkanobi
05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
James...I'm thinking training UP. Remember the Chemist....F'ed around the gym at 185....picked a show like the Oly....trained UP to 200 on stage. Your pics show you 95+% now. I'm 98+% now (in a much smaller package). All I need to do to enter a show next weekend is to do the Draper 3 days codfish (Tilapia new school) and water thing....sloooowly carb up Wed, Thurs, Fri with water to Friday night....cut off water 100% 5pm), tan, and....show up for the show. So we both are near the same. Time to manipulate timed carbs and fill up thems muskles. Keep an eye on the mirror and don't allow any spill over. Daily incremental growth. UP.

It's a Zane Thing

Baldie

Mac
05-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Lol- I slept. Didnt get home til well afer 10. slept in though. going back to Valley at 330 to train the Gold's Personal training manager. I have a good shot at that.
Jonh. hey anytime. That would be awesome!
LOL- Lunk alert- ok here it is- bar wasnt broken- though one guy thought it was going to..

I love how you hung the two and half lb plate on the collar.

Props to you James, you're one strong muther.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
James...I'm thinking training UP. Remember the Chemist....F'ed around the gym at 185....picked a show like the Oly....trained UP to 200 on stage. Your pics show you 95+% now. I'm 98+% now (in a much smaller package). All I need to do to enter a show next weekend is to do the Draper 3 days codfish (Tilapia new school) and water thing....sloooowly carb up Wed, Thurs, Fri with water to Friday night....cut off water 100% 5pm), tan, and....show up for the show. So we both are near the same. Time to manipulate timed carbs and fill up thems muskles. Keep an eye on the mirror and don't allow any spill over. Daily incremental growth. UP.

It's a Zane Thing

Baldie
Sounds a lot like what I have been mulling over. Just dont have a lot of weight to drop, water in lower back, a bit off lower abs.. I did experiment yesterday with doing a little more volume and ate a few more carbs. Nothing real crazy. Think carb cyling (high on mon wed fri, lower on other days would work with your plan? I think I am only about 90% but still way ahead of where I was before. You deifnitely are high 90's. Funny you mentioed Draper. Was looking at his tuna and water (3 days) diet. I am starting to feel like a chemist-timing protein and anabolics, carbs and coffee at other times. Tempted to throw away any templates and go by feel and look....

HeavyDutyGuy
05-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I love how you hung the two and half lb plate on the collar.

Props to you James, you're one strong muther.
Truth be told, I had in the back of my mind for a couple weeks- but I was kind of goaded into doing it. Had nailed 945 for two and this younger guy said you can get 1000 if you got two with that weight that easy. Had to do it- never know when or if I wil be that close again. the 2 1/2 was a stroke of genius /madness- no way to fit the collars on if I put them on the bar- but it needed to be an EVEN 1000- but no OCD here- not at all. funny thing,it wasnt THAT bad- had harder sets .. but will let it ride at that- ok i want to get like 8 reps with it before I am done, that would be cool..if I can do 3-- 8 isnt that far off... but come July- no way.. lol.. Stopping any partials by June. dont need to get hurt.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Today all diet- no exercise- except posing. Very clean- tight---
1. 2 eggs, 1 piece of bacon- not typical- but what was being served so I took it, coffee.
2. 40 grams whey in 8 oz skim milk
3. 25 grams whey in water, 1 huge spoonful PB- better than sex...
3 D's
and thats it so far...
probably chicken for dinner.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-04-2010, 01:10 AM
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 135, 225, 315, 410. 495, 585x1)then---- 700x 4!-up 25 lbs for a rep or so less!

2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup3 pl. 6 pl ea side, 9 pl ea side, 12 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 80 lb on top 1200x 6+FR !- up 10 lbs and rep! 10 pl+10a side- 970 x 8 neg Act! - 4 ea leg- up 20 lbs!

35 lb o.Cybex Leg Extension - a couple warmups then the entire stack+15- 305 x20!. 305 x 4 RP ea leg!- - some assist on reps at sticking points.

4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl 3 pl, 4 pl +35 ea side 435x 3-up 20 lbs for 2 less reps- stay with this and increase reps.
5.Leg Curl --205 x 8, 165 x6 NA

6. Standing Calf Raise stack- 600x 20!. 600 x 6+2 FR+ 2 Neg each leg!- up 1 rep.

7. Cybex Rotary Calf stack- 405 x17.
Awesome workout!- Intense! Focused. Major breakthrough workout on squats-again!

Baldiewonkanobi
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
You are at what...5200' elevation?? Just did the math and the rarified air and xtra distance from the earths gravitational pull negate all those lifts.

Won't you be shamed when you cheat on the way to winning the SH Over 50 title. Get real and lift at sea level with the rest of us.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Is that Newtonian, classical, Relativistic,or Quantum physics? Wait til I throw in 20 rep squats again... Send O2 bottles care of James...

Baldiewonkanobi
05-05-2010, 07:12 AM
:no: just Bro Science....

Baldie

bodyhard
05-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Heavy D in the place to be, what up big man! Just stopping by some Journals. Hate coming in here I feel so fucking weak reading your journal! :D

HeavyDutyGuy
05-05-2010, 06:43 PM
:no: just Bro Science....

Baldie
I still dont what that is.. noone has ever explained it...lol

HeavyDutyGuy
05-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Heavy D in the place to be, what up big man! Just stopping by some Journals. Hate coming in here I feel so fucking weak reading your journal! :D
Well I in am AWE of your power- your rep power :).
I think I am one of a rare category- a late bloomer genetic freak- (strengthwise)?

bodyhard
05-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Well I in am AWE of your power- your rep power :).
I think I am one of a rare category- a late bloomer genetic freak- (strengthwise)?

I earn my rep power as I give people a lot of advise on here, plus I get a lot of reps just from people checking my journal and seeing that it is not no pussy ass journal, ya feel me?

HeavyDutyGuy
05-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I feel ya bro.
PS my wife created a Facebook pic page- "Bad ass bodybuilders" for her three favorite bodybuilders- me, Baldie and you... To post up pics of each.. Promised her I would tell you. Baldie avoids facebook, but still going to work on him ..

bodyhard
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I feel ya bro.
PS my wife created a Facebook pic page- "Bad ass bodybuilders" for her three favorite bodybuilders- me, Baldie and you... To post up pics of each.. Promised her I would tell you. Baldie avoids facebook, but still going to work on him ..

Wow I am honored man, how do I view it?

HeavyDutyGuy
05-07-2010, 02:07 PM
If you do not already have a facebook page you will need to sign up and search for me Shannon Vandervest. Once you locate her you can see her groups or you can search for the group Bad A** Bodybuilders. Once you join the group you can post pics and comments. You can also send James a private message with your email address and I can then send you the link from there. Just let James know which one is easier for you.

Shannon

HeavyDutyGuy
05-07-2010, 02:17 PM
last 3 days were two cardio sessions- 30 min 250 cals Tues, 40 min 400 Thurs sandwiched (Did I say sandwich?) around back workout Wed which I didnt post yet.
Did
1.Deads -from top -warmups bar,135, 225, 315, 405, 495x 1, 585 x 3 negatives- (stipped off three plates and pulled too the top, reloaded and repeated0- BRUTAL!.
Rack Deads - from knees 315, 585, 855, 945 x 2, 1015-misss- too heavy couldnt get a rep- but moved it- so did three isometric pulls.
2. BB Rows 315x10, 405 x7, 425 x6- up 20 lb!
3. Chins - break in Bw x10, BW+50 x 6, BW+100 x 4- was going for negatives here, got 4 positives instead!-- was just dead by this point so stopped here.
Not my best effort, but got the heavy reps in anyway.

bodyhard
05-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I sent her a friend request

HeavyDutyGuy
05-08-2010, 12:41 AM
She got it, looked at your page. NICE car!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-08-2010, 12:50 AM
. Weighted Dips w/u BW -237 x 2, BW Bw +90, BW+180, BW+270, BW+315 x4+1 neg! x3 negs= toasted.

2. Smith Bench Press- warmups- 115, 195, 285, 375x4,
465 x1. 475 x 2 RP- brutal!

3. Pec Dec 325x 4!- up 10 lbs for 1 less rep- alternating - pre ex with
Smith bench- 4 pl + 25a side- 425 x 4- up 25 lbs over last weeks superset!

DELTS
4. Smith Machine Overhead Presses warmups 1 pl, 2 pl , 3 pl a side- 285 x 3- felt very heavy

5. Db Laterals 95's x 6! up 5 lbs a side - 10 overall!- preex with
Smith Press 3 pl a side 285 x 5! -up 2 reps over last weeks superset
6. Bentover Laterals - 125's x 6.

ARMs

7. Alt Db curls 125's x 6! - up 1 rep- strong!

8..Pushdowns -one arm - 60 x10, 110 x 6+ 2 FR- up 10 lbs ea arm for 2 less reps.

9. Machine extensions -stack-190 x 4 NA!

10. Machine Curls - stack 190 x 7.

Awesome workout! strong-!, focused on form again and pushed the intensity- high , Bw about 237, ripped but watery. Wider!

bodyhard
05-08-2010, 10:36 AM
She got it, looked at your page. NICE car!

Thanks how do I find the badass bodybuilders now?

HeavyDutyGuy
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 155, 245, 335, 425. 515, 605)---- 705 x 6+ 1 neg to the pins- up 5 lbs and 2 reps!
2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 90 lb on top 1210x 6+FR ! 860 x 11- went for high reps- first 10 werent bad- died on 11..
3. Cybex Leg Extension stack+15- 305 x14-quads were dead after squats and leg pressses-down 6 reps.
4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl- 195 x18, 265x8, 335 x7.
5.Leg Curl --210 x 9+2 FR.
6. Standing Calf Raise stack- 600x 21!- up 1 rep.
7. Cybex Rotary Calf stack- 405 x17!.- up 2 reps.
Awesome workout!- Intense! squats were bone crushing but solds- every rep better than the last,leg presses were deeper, high reps on most of the rest- high for me, anyway.

Hammerfit
05-12-2010, 03:50 PM
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 155, 245, 335, 425. 515, 605)---- 705 x 6+ 1 neg to the pins- up 5 lbs and 2 reps!
2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 90 lb on top 1210x 6+FR ! 860 x 11- went for high reps- first 10 werent bad- died on 11..
3. Cybex Leg Extension stack+15- 305 x14-quads were dead after squats and leg pressses-down 6 reps.
4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl- 195 x18, 265x8, 335 x7.
5.Leg Curl --210 x 9+2 FR.
6. Standing Calf Raise stack- 600x 21!- up 1 rep.
7. Cybex Rotary Calf stack- 405 x17!.- up 2 reps.
Awesome workout!- Intense! squats were bone crushing but solds- every rep better than the last,leg presses were deeper, high reps on most of the rest- high for me, anyway.

Great Job Bro!

axioma
05-12-2010, 04:01 PM
can't wait to see the wheels in pitt! beastly workout. I really miss having that cybex press, very natural movement, power comes from the hips, leaves the knees intact.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-13-2010, 12:29 AM
BACK

1.Deads -from top -warmups - 65 lb bar,155 x5, 245 x5, 335 x 3, 425 x3. 515 x 3 1/2- first was shallow, went deep on last 3 plus a negative to the pins- up 20 lbs and 2 + reps!- best deads since hurt back last fall.
605 x 4 negatives- 335 for positives in between (stipped off three plates and pulled to top- up 20 lbs and 1 rep!.
No partial rack deads.

2. BB Rows 245, 335 x4, 425 x 3. 445 x 6- up 20 lbs!
Negatives with 245 335 425 each for 1 with a possitiv on first two.

3. Chins - Bw x10, BW+60 x 6- up 10 lbs, BW+125 x 6! up 25 lbs and 2 reps!

4. Shrugs 515 x 8- strict with pause at top, 605 x 8- same, 695 x 6!- same but a bit faster.

BICEPS

5. Curls 245 x5 x 6!

6. Alt DB Curls 125's x 7!- up 1 rep

BW 236- had 1200 calories before training-low, but looking very vascular was huge once pumped up.

bodyhard
05-13-2010, 01:27 PM
BACK

1.Deads -from top -warmups - 65 lb bar,155 x5, 245 x5, 335 x 3, 425 x3. 515 x 3 1/2- first was shallow, went deep on last 3 plus a negative to the pins- up 20 lbs and 2 + reps!- best deads since hurt back last fall.
605 x 4 negatives- 335 for positives in between (stipped off three plates and pulled to top- up 20 lbs and 1 rep!.
No partial rack deads.

2. BB Rows 245, 335 x4, 425 x 3. 445 x 6- up 20 lbs!
Negatives with 245 335 425 each for 1 with a possitiv on first two.

3. Chins - Bw x10, BW+60 x 6- up 10 lbs, BW+125 x 6! up 25 lbs and 2 reps!

4. Shrugs 515 x 8- strict with pause at top, 605 x 8- same, 695 x 6!- same but a bit faster.

BICEPS

5. Curls 245 x5 x 6!

6. Alt DB Curls 125's x 7!- up 1 rep

BW 236- had 1200 calories before training-low, but looking very vascular was huge once pumped up.

Fuck man 245lbs curls????? :eek:

Baldiewonkanobi
05-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Come on James...post it!!

I got a preview of James from the side showing his abs/intercostas :hypno:

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
05-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Cant access it. damn tmobile- do you have it to post?

Baldiewonkanobi
05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
My honor...Tinker Belle ;)

Baldie

bodyhard
05-15-2010, 11:34 AM

Baldie

Looking good James!!

Mac
05-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I think your hamstring is bigger than my whole leg. Great progress James.

blu2xtreme
05-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Great pic ...hate to be a spacey girl but you are competing in Muscle Beach with Baldie :confused:
Can't wait to meet you all :)

HeavyDutyGuy
05-15-2010, 04:12 PM

Baldie

Great pic ...hate to be a spacey girl but you are competing in Muscle Beach with Baldie :confused:
Can't wait to meet you all :)

Well I tried to multi quote, but feature was not cooperating, Thanks for posting.. look out Dorian I mean Robby , oh hell not at that level yet- but I did like what I saw.
LOL Mac!
BLu- that was the original plan, but had so many reversals, its going to be tough just to make Pittsburgh. Still an outside shot of doing both, if we both get things going in a good direction..

HeavyDutyGuy
05-17-2010, 10:11 PM
LEGS

1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 155, 245, 335, 425. 515, 605)---- 715 x 5+ 1 neg to the pins- up 10 lbs for 1 less rep.

2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 110 lb on top 1240x 5+2FR! - up 30 lbs for 1 less rep!

3. Cybex Leg Extension stack+15- 305 x16-up 2 reps, 305 x 10 neg act!.

4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl- 195, 265, 335 x7.

5. Lying Leg Curl --205 x 8
6. Standing Calf Raise stack- 600x 22!- up 1 rep, 600 x 6 + 2FR.

7. Cybex Rotary Calf stack- 405 x18!.

BW 233 Great workout!- Stong, intense, Again squats were bone crushing but solid- every rep got deeper than the last- but repping with TRIPLE my bodyweight, leg presses were " real deep on first three", legs especially thigh, by far the best they have been, big, and getting very vascualar and seperated..

Hammerfit
05-18-2010, 07:40 AM
LEGS

1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 155, 245, 335, 425. 515, 605)---- 715 x 5+ 1 neg to the pins- up 10 lbs for 1 less rep.

2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 110 lb on top 1240x 5+2FR! - up 30 lbs for 1 less rep!

BW 233 Great workout!- Stong, intense, Again squats were bone crushing but solid- every rep got deeper than the last- but repping with TRIPLE my bodyweight, leg presses were " real deep on first three", legs especially thigh, by far the best they have been, big, and getting very vascualar and seperated..

Cool Im glad to c someone else used the smith machine for SLDL's. I went to a gym last week that didnt have rack pins and used the smith machine at its lowest setting worked fine just the morons were looking at me funny when I loaded it up

HeavyDutyGuy
05-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Cool Im glad to c someone else used the smith machine for SLDL's. I went to a gym last week that didnt have rack pins and used the smith machine at its lowest setting worked fine just the morons were looking at me funny when I loaded it up
I kind of backed into using it. I had done both versions in the past though not all the time. I find that the Smith machine allows me to focus the contraction on the hams more, and not as much on the lower back.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-19-2010, 06:02 AM
I've seen the bar bend with you in the rack with 610 on board. That one was Swedish steel and mercifuly bounced back. I trust your new 'digs' has a good bar. Otherwise when you leave the place would look like a Las Vegas hotel implosion.

Baldie

bodyhard
05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
LEGS

Insane!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I've seen the bar bend with you in the rack with 610 on board. That one was Swedish steel and mercifuly bounced back. I trust your new 'digs' has a good bar. Otherwise when you leave the place would look like a Las Vegas hotel implosion.

Baldie
They just got a 65 lb thick bar- just for me ,lol. I have been using that the last three weeks, so my squats are 7 plates and some small change plus the bar. Great for back too- use it for deads, rows and shugs- good for grip work and the forearms- hence my recent gains there. Curls too.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-20-2010, 12:59 AM
BACK

1.Deads -from top -warmups - 65 lb bar x 4 progressively deeper sets, 155 x10, 245 x5, 335 x 5, 425 x3. 535x5 first one short- feeling my way back, went progressively deeper, full range on last 3 plus a negative to the pins- up 20 lbs!
625 x 4 negatives!- 425 for positives in between (stipped off plates and pulled to top- up 20 lbs, 90 on the positives! Awesome dead session!

2. BB Rows 245, 335 x4, 425 x 4. 475 x 4- up 30 lbs for 2 less reps!
pretty fried by this point, but no letting up now.

3. Chins - Bw x10, BW+70 x 6- up 10 lbs, BW+125 x 5- off a rep- but very hard set.

4. Shrugs 705 x 6!- strict with pause at top- 2 sets.

BICEPS

5. Curls 245 x 6, x 5.

6. Alt DB Curls 125's x 7.

7. Parellel grip Cybex pulldowns 150, 250 x 6 each arm, 300 x 6 each arm- POST Exhaust Lat Blitz.

CARDIO
22 minutes on Elliptical- about 20 at high intensity-cross training setting.

Awesome workout!-- Brutal, no holding back. Strong and intense.
BW 234 before workout.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
1. Smith Bench Press- warmups- 115, 195, 285, 375x5,
465 x1. 485 x 4 RP- negative/positive/negative- had to strip and push to the top, rerack, add weight- so was actually more work here than just the 4 reps.

2. DB Flyes - break in - 100's x 8- preex with
the Smith 425 x 2-
125's x5- straight set.

3. youre kidding, right?- pecs were on fire.

DELTS
3. Smith Machine Overhead Presses warmups 1 pl, 2 pl , 3 pl a side- 285 x 4- better this time

4. Db Laterals 100's x 6- preex with
Smith Press 3 pl a side 285 x 3 + 1 neg.

5. Bentover Laterals - 125's x 6.

TRICEPS

6. DIPS Bw, +45, + 135 x 8, +225 x 5. + 275 x 4 + 2 neg= tried to go deeper, was fried by the time I got to negatives.

7. Machine extensions -stack+ 15 - 205 x 7, x 8- only wanted straight sets, to tired for anything else.

Overall was stricter with better form- very hard to do the massive weigts- blew up like a balloon though 237 lbs before workout.

50 grams Whey, 20 min break, then
22 mins Treadmill up to 3.6 mph 2.5 incline.

bodyhard
05-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Loving the intensity man!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-25-2010, 06:03 PM
LEGS- Monday

1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 155, 245, 335, 425. 515, 605)---- 725 x 4+ 1 neg to the pins!- up 10 lbs for 1 less rep. 3rd rep was way shallow, almost failed, then got pissed and nailed the 4th one... mammoth!- not going to try and go any heavier this prep- though I KEEP saying that-- this time I think I mean it. Ronnie Coleman is safe here. . lol, legs were already dying..

2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press (warmup 5 pl ea side, 8 pl ea side, 11 plates a side) 12 plates a side+ 120 lb on top 1250x 5+2FR! - up 10 lbs - very hard after the squats. 970 x 8 neg act!- up 20 lbs!

3. Cybex Leg Extension, a few warmups, stack+15- 305 x17-up 1 rep, 305 x 12 neg act!- up 2 reps.- quads were done after the high/low assault.

4. Stiff legged deads on Smith machine- 1 pl ea side, 2 pl- 195, 265, 355 x7.- up 20 lbs!

5. Lying Leg Curl --a fewe warm ups , 205 x 9 + 1FR!- up 1 rep.
6. Standing Calf Raise stack-w/u 300, 400, 500, 600, 690 x 14!, 735x 10!, 780 x 9!- just kept getting more here- unreal!

7. Cybex Rotary Calf stack- 405 x17.

BW 237 Killer workout!- squats were draining, but at over a third of a ton, was ready to go home after leg presses, but had work to do!.

Cardio- today
33 min on elliptical- about 300 calories. really had to push as legs didnt want to move all that fast today.

bodyhard
05-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Heavy D, you know you are fucking nuts right? You do know that? :D

HeavyDutyGuy
05-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Heavy D, you know you are fucking nuts right? You do know that? :D
Of course :)
You think totally sane, balanced people win bodybuiding contests??

bodyhard
05-26-2010, 10:48 AM

Point well taken!!!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-27-2010, 10:23 AM
1.Deads -from top -warmups - 65 lb bar x 4 progressively deeper sets, 155, 245, 335, 425 x3. 555x4 first one just below knees, deeper, full range on last 3 plus a negative to the pins- up 20 lbs for 1 less rep!
655 x 4 negatives!- 425 for positives in between (stipped off plates and pulled to top- up 30 lbs!- best dead session in 6 months!

2. BB Rows 245, 335 x4, 425 x 4. 495 x 4!- up 20 lbs!. 515 x 4 RP!
pretty fried by this point, but no letting up now.

3. Chins - Bw x10, BW+75 x 6- up 5 lbs, BW+125 x 6- up 1 rep!

4. Shrugs 725 x 5, x 6!- up 20 lbs!

BICEPS

5. Curls 245 x 6, x 5.

CARDIO
16 minutes on Elliptical- mderately high intensity.

Awesome workout!-- Brutal- draining but very Strong and intense.
BW 233 before workout- leaning out even more, weight bouncing a a bit in mid 230's- not much fat left maybe a couple lbs, the rest of the fluctuation is water. changing protocols soon. Should dry me out more.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM

Why yes...frankly I do ;)

Baldie :bsflag:

HeavyDutyGuy
05-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Another cardio day- HIIT for 30 min. legs were hating on me...

HeavyDutyGuy
05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
PECs

1.Smith machine bench- w/u 105, 195, 285, 375 x 6, 465 x1 . 500 x 4 RP! - reduced weight on last couple reps by 45lbs- still got a couple with 500!- only one strength goal really left- have achieved all others. bad news- is was feeling tired and lethargics- and this set was so intense was starting to feel more so.

2.Smith incline press - break in 245 x 7, 285 x 5, 305 x 3- not too bad for a break in workout.-- but was really feeling more drained.

3. DB Flyes - 55's x - about 10- didnt count, 100's x 7, 125s' x barely two-- pecs were toast and more dead by this not much left.

Delts

4.Smith overhead- 105, 185, 285x 2- out of gas, was feeling a bit sick, so terminated workout here, any more just would not have been productive. was pissed but had no choice.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Test

HeavyDutyGuy
05-30-2010, 09:35 PM
LEGS- Monday
1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 155, 245, 335, 425. 515, 605)---- 745 x 3+ 1 neg to the pins!- up 20 lbs for 1 less rep!. 1st rep was kind of shallow, each reps was deeper than the last one- tough- but huge gains on Squat the past several months!

2 .Cybex 45 degree leg press- very hard after the squats.- 860 x 4, 1040 x4- just could not go heavier.

3. Cybex Leg Extension, a few warmups, stack+15- 305 x17+2 FR pre ex with

4. Cybex leg press machine 505 x 6=2 FR= quads pumped and done!

5. Lying Leg Curl --a fewe warm ups , 205 x 9 + 2 FR!- up 1 forced rep.
6. Standing Calf Raise stack- 825 x 11!- up 45 lbs and 2 reps!,

BW 233 before workout, trained a bit earlier on less food, was strong but energy is down.

freebirdmac
05-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Did I miss a day or did you jump time zones? It's Sunday!

Awesome leg workout :D

HeavyDutyGuy
05-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Typo=forgot tommorrrow was a holiday,, and went a day early- too late to fix. And thanks!

HeavyDutyGuy
06-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Short but sweet one.. Had and half hours to change, warmup, train and shower.

1.Deads -from top -warmups 155, 245, 335, 425. 565 x one just below knees plus a negative to the pins, to heavy for today.
655 x 4 negatives- 425 for positives in between (stripped off plates and pulled to top- same weight as last time, but controlled it better, slow to the pins.

2. BB Rows 245, 335, 425. 515 x 4 RP- strong here.

3. Chins - Bw x10, BW+90 x 6- up 15 lbs, BW+135 x 4!

4. Shrugs 715 x 6.

BICEPS

5. Curls 265 x 4 RP!

BW 236.4 - up 3 lbs despite lower calories!

axioma
06-02-2010, 12:06 PM
You Be an Anomaly

HeavyDutyGuy
06-02-2010, 11:24 PM
You Be an Anomaly
I like the sound of that. Thank you!

HeavyDutyGuy
06-02-2010, 11:24 PM
HIIT cardio today 30 min 310 cals. Legs dead tonight.

bodyhard
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Cardio???????????????????????? :D :D

HeavyDutyGuy
06-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Cutting up Jonh- I HAVE to do it otherwise I have to starve to get cut up...lol

HeavyDutyGuy
06-04-2010, 01:02 AM
PECS

1.Smith machine bench- w/u 105, 195, 285, 375 x 4, 465 x1. 505 x 4 RP! - 2 reps with 505 reduced weight on last couple reps by 50 lbs.- up 5 lbs better form than last workout too.

2.Smith incline press -w/u 195, 285. 335 x 4 RP- 2 + 1 neg- stripped 50 lbs x1.

3. DB Flyes - 100's x 8, 125s' x 3 1/2- up about 2 reps.

Delts

4.Smith overhead- 105, 185, 285x 2+ 1 negative- better ROM. 305 x 4 RP- 2+1 neg stripped 60 lbs x1 .
5. DB Laterals 100'x 6.

Triceps

6. Dips Bw+45, BW+135, Bw +225 x 5 positives. BW+ 270 x 5 negatives.
7. Machine Extensions 130 x 4 RP- each arm! 205 x 6 NA

Focused on Rest pause and negatives thrfough full ROM- very intense- tried doing infitonic where each is a maximum posititve AND a maximum negative- tough to do on pushing movements without a training partner.
Intensified to get harder work done in shorter time.
BW 240- UP 7 lbs since Sunday! Watery, but lookng much thicker- pecs filling back out. upped carbs but kept calories under 2000-2500 daily.

bodyhard
06-04-2010, 11:19 PM
PECS

1.Smith machine bench- w/u 105, 195, 285, 375 x 4, 465 x1. 505 x 4 RP! - 2 reps with 505 reduced weight on last couple reps by 50 lbs.- up 5 lbs better form than last workout too.

2.Smith incline press -w/u 195, 285. 335 x 4 RP- 2 + 1 neg- stripped 50 lbs x1.

3. DB Flyes - 100's x 8, 125s' x 3 1/2- up about 2 reps.

Delts

4.Smith overhead- 105, 185, 285x 2+ 1 negative- better ROM. 305 x 4 RP- 2+1 neg stripped 60 lbs x1 .
5. DB Laterals 100'x 6.

Triceps

6. Dips Bw+45, BW+135, Bw +225 x 5 positives. BW+ 270 x 5 negatives.
7. Machine Extensions 130 x 4 RP- each arm! 205 x 6 NA

Focused on Rest pause and negatives thrfough full ROM- very intense- tried doing infitonic where each is a maximum posititve AND a maximum negative- tough to do on pushing movements without a training partner.
Intensified to get harder work done in shorter time.
BW 240- UP 7 lbs since Sunday! Watery, but lookng much thicker- pecs filling back out. upped carbs but kept calories under 2000-2500 daily.

Dude you are certifiably insane :D

HeavyDutyGuy
06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Dude you are certifiably insane :D
Lol- well I have meds somewhere around here.........

HeavyDutyGuy
06-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Friday was HIIT cardio 30 mins.
Saturday killed legs again-1. Squats (wamups bar x 2 sets, 155, 245, 335, 425. 515, 605)---- 745 x 2+ 1 neg to the was down about a rep but this set deeper than the last one on sunday- back felt this one.

2. Cybex Leg Extension stack+15- 305 x19+2 FR!- up 2 reps pre ex with

4. Cybex leg press machine 505 x 8+2 FR- up 2 reps= quads pumped and done!

5. Lying Leg Curl --a few warm ups , 205 x 9 + 2 FR, x7 +2 FR.
6. Standing Calf Raise stack- 870 x 9- Two sets up 45 lbs for 2 less reps!, - closing in on Arnies 1000 lb calf raises..lol.

ABS

Nautlilus AB machine 130 x20, - 200- stack x 16.

BW 236- holding mass, getting more ripped each week.

axioma
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
sounds great, strength still up so doing everything right!

Baldiewonkanobi
06-09-2010, 06:28 AM
:hbd: BIG 50 :yep:

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
06-10-2010, 12:06 AM

Baldie

Thanks! 49 went out on a downer, but 50 starting on an upswing..

HeavyDutyGuy
06-10-2010, 12:15 AM
catching up- not much puter time lately...

Monday

1.Deads -from top -warmups 155, 245, 335, 425x3. 515 x1 negative- lower back was still twingy so stopped - just maintainance today.

2.Cybex Pulldown a couple warmups then 305 x 8 parallel grip bilaterally!. 305 x 6 + 2 FR + 3 neg left side, x 7+2 FR+3 neg right!- underhand grip

3. Cybex row/real delt- break-in 190 x6, 230 x4 , 270 x1. 305 x 4 RP! 210x 5 negatives ea arm!

BICEPS

4, Cybex Biceps Curl 170 x 2. 205 x 6. 150 x 4 RP ea arm!. @05 x 6 negatives each arm!

went to machines cause of back spasm, and thought it felt easier in way, but pump after wards was unreal!

HeavyDutyGuy
06-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Tues 30 min HIIT cardio 320+ CALORIES- Legs trashed.

Wetdawg
06-10-2010, 12:28 AM

Baldie

Happy Birthday!
you get 50 :spank2:

HeavyDutyGuy
06-10-2010, 12:33 AM
PECS

1.Smith machine bench- w/u 105, 195, 285 x8-closer grip- full ROM, 375 x 4= same deal, 465 x1. 515 x 1 =1 neg stripped 50 lbs 1+1 neg/ 1 rep Rest pause style- BRUTAL!

2.Smith incline press -w/u a couple reps- didnt need much. 335 x 4! straight reps.

3. Decline Flyes 35'x 21. x 9 + 4+ 1 DC style- couldnt get anywher near 20 on second set. I am just too white fiber,lol.

Delts

4.Smith overhead- 105, 185, 285x 4+1 neg!
5. DB Laterals 100'x 6- almost blacked out on 5th rep- keep standi nng, got 6 th- pre ex with
Smith Press 285 x 3 +1 negative.

Triceps
a few warmups on a couple different machines to experiment and for fun.

6. Dips bW+ 200 x5. Bw + 250x 5 + 2 negatives- up 25 lbs for positives!
7. Machine Extensions 140 x 4 RP- each arm! - up 10 lbs an arm!- toasted done.

BW 236 lbs still dialing it by the day.

Mac
06-10-2010, 06:45 AM
When are you going to start using more weight in your workouts? Laterals with 100lb DBs, my god man.

Happy belated birthday you old fuck.

axioma
06-10-2010, 08:10 AM
I will ask Dave to get you into the Iron Asylum...100lb dbl laterals are stuff of legend, as are most of your workout weights. You have got to get this stuff on video for posterity...you are probably the strongest competitive bodybuilder your age on the planet...mind if I give you a plug on Central, try to get some of these whippersnappers to come over and see what REAL men do? Represent bro.