PDA

View Full Version : How HRT helped me transform my body. Here are segments from my TV show.

Dr. Joel Nathan
02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I am on HRT myself and it has improved the effectiveness of my diet and exercise program. Here are exerpts from my TV show that aired on the Manhattan Neighborhood Network on January 30, 2010.

YouTube- Awesome Wellness TV Show Segment January 30, 2010 (segment 1) (This segment documents my personal transformation and gives health tips on staying young and healthy.)

YouTube- Awesome Wellness January 30, 2010 (segment 2) (This segment shows my interview with an excellent personal trainer, Mr. Alan Lopez. We talk on staying young and healthy.)

Regards,
Joel Nathan, MD

AnglicanBeachParty
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi Dr. Nathan.

I liked your videos, and you made some excellent points!

But, did anyone ever tell you that you sound like Professor Julius Kelp from the Jerry Lewis film, The Nutty Professor?

Baldiewonkanobi
02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi Doc,

Lots of HRT fans in here. I for one would not be training for a BB show at age 70, or once again in touch with my inner A hole if it were not for my bro in law Doc who blood tested me.

Baldie

gman
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
not sure it's helped me much to be honest.

how do you really prove it does or doesn't?

still have trouble cutting, still am a weak little bastard, etc.

only thing I have really noticed is I don't have soreness as much in the days after working out a body part.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-11-2010, 05:55 PM
not sure it's helped me much to be honest.

how do you really prove it does or doesn't?

still have trouble cutting, still am a weak little bastard, etc.

only thing I have really noticed is I don't have soreness as much in the days after working out a body part.

Perhaps the difference is more dramatic at 65 than 45. Skin, muscle density, elasticity, recovery, LIBIDO, did I say LIBIDO?, strength, muscle/fat ratio, inner A hole and LIBIDO. I use Androgel, 10mgs daily (2 packs) . I also use NXT to keep my Estrogen low.

Baldie

gman
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
recovery yes. confidence yes. inner asshole...not sure I ever had one, so I don't know.

strength...if I can bench press 225 once I feel really good. So I would have to say no on that one.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Mike I'm kind of surprised by that. The one thing it DID increase for me was pressing, I am not a great natural presser, the best I'd done was 245 for 3 on wide grip flat benches prior to HRT. After, it seemed I kept going up. Didn't do much for my squat, deads or rows.. Already had done 585 for reps, 500 for 2 and over 400 respectively.. Libido as Baldie hinted at, lol was the other big thing. Aggression? About the same, nothing touches BPD in that realm, lol. Oh yeah. Overall mood and sense of well being went up to, as did seemingly a certain measurement.. Not supposed to happen, but it seemed to.. Anyway OP, nice videos! HRT is really a lifesaver for some..

gman
02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I push 185 now most days, and even that I can only do 5-8 reps.

I do the same number of pullups at 190 that I could do at 220.

I think maybe it has been a subtle improvement in some areas. I was expecting AHA! and I got aha.

AnglicanBeachParty
02-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Mike I'm kind of surprised by that. The one thing it DID increase for me was pressing, I am not a great natural presser, the best I'd done was 245 for 3 on wide grip flat benches prior to HRT. After, it seemed I kept going up. Didn't do much for my squat, deads or rows.. Already had done 585 for reps, 500 for 2 and over 400 respectively.. Libido as Baldie hinted at, lol was the other big thing. Aggression? About the same, nothing touches BPD in that realm, lol. Oh yeah. Overall mood and sense of well being went up to, as did seemingly a certain measurement.. Not supposed to happen, but it seemed to.. Anyway OP, nice videos! HRT is really a lifesaver for some..

LOL at "a certain measurement" ... :lmao:

gman
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
his nose got longer?

cat
02-12-2010, 12:12 AM
his nose got longer?

You know what they say....

Long nose...

Long nostrils.

AnglicanBeachParty
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
his nose got longer?

Yep.

Just like in the picture on this T-shirt ...

gman
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Did want to clarify that although I have been on TRT for a pretty long time, it is only recently that I believe it is being done correctly and honed in for my own circumstances. So I do believe it is doing something at least a little, and will get better.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Doc sure hope you are gonna hang in here and share, etc. Please don't let this be just a trolling for business venture.

http://rxmuscle.ning.com/group/bodybuildersinrecovery

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Did want to clarify that although I have been on TRT for a pretty long time, it is only recently that I believe it is being done correctly and honed in for my own circumstances. So I do believe it is doing something at least a little, and will get better.

Yep. Its not rocket science, but its not infinitely simple either. To be honest, I did well on 200 mg a week when I started, but sometime ago when a doc put me on 400 I did better. Resting test had gone down some from 332 to mid 200's over time(off, not on). I'm convinced that no two men are the same, and you have to adjust as you go. The one size fits all doesn't always pan out so well. But Mike I think that they're at least on track now...