PDA

View Full Version : Trying to peak two weeks in a row

DAVIDHARDY
02-11-2010, 08:25 PM
OK guys,

I'm gonna hit two shows back to back. How am I going to peak both times? I'm gonna load clean both times. Should I try to deplete after the show and start loading on Wednesday or just go balanced until the next show on Saturday? I was planning on depleting with a HIIT session a day and a couple of hours of LISS cardio Sunday- Wednesday and then load again. Thoughts please.

AVBG
02-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I would personally not eat up in usual post contest style but have a relatively clean cheat.. Then go back to normal keto until morning of the show. But what do I know o have never had to peak in consecutive weeks.

I have to subscribe to the view that if you look good leading in to a show then don't change a thing.. I am not going to even deplete for my next show

Scoobysnacks
02-11-2010, 09:39 PM
If your shows are back to back, ie 7 days apart. You will not be recovered. If you do a carb load for the first, even taper water a bit and use any OTC natural diuretics to keep water moving, after the show your body will push back the other way. It will then be impossible to recover it for the second.

I suggest nothing drastic the first show. Perhaps a moderate carb load Weds, then back to normal diet, taper water from 2 gallons down to 1 gallon on friday and perhaps decrease sodium a tad. Thats all Id do.

Then peak for the second one with any carb loading strategy you employ.

Good Luck

Ss

NATURAL-1987
02-11-2010, 11:54 PM
What day do you start carbing up? For the fist show.

DAVIDHARDY
02-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Thanks guys. Natural I was planning on a clean load starting wednesday for both shows. Scooby you don't think that if I do that and then kick the water into the 2 gallon range until the next show that ill move it all off with the help of hiit cardio and regular cardio. I am going to taper my sodium on friday and then just go back to normal sodium intake after the show. Thanks again for the advice guys.

jamwithtupac
02-12-2010, 05:30 AM
obviously Im not 100% sure how you would do this hardy, but when I dehydrated for powerlifting comps, I use to have 5g vit c, even now after a big refeed, I load on 4g vit c on refeed day and day after, and the water just flushes straight out of me....

dandelion root too??

DAVIDHARDY
02-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Thanks man. I did use vitamin c the last show I did and dried out nice. I'm gonna make sure to eat asparagus or cranberries with every meal leading into and inbetween shows. I used aqualyze last time and will use it again this go around.

Scoobysnacks
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys. Natural I was planning on a clean load starting wednesday for both shows. Scooby you don't think that if I do that and then kick the water into the 2 gallon range until the next show that ill move it all off with the help of hiit cardio and regular cardio. I am going to taper my sodium on friday and then just go back to normal sodium intake after the show. Thanks again for the advice guys.

If a moderate load on Weds and then back to regular diet you will be fine. If you load Weds to Sat, then my answer is no you wont be recovered, I dont care how much cardio you do, you wont get the water off, especially considering you should be resting again by Weds of that next week for the next show on Sat, Thurs at the lasest.

Case in point when I carb loaded Jamin (Maryland Muscle for his overall win at the Monster Mash) we started Weds and by Sat he had taken probably over 3000 carbs. Water was tapered and OTC diuretics employed. He was full and dry and unanimously won, it wasnt even close. He truly peaked for that show. We did the KY Muscle two weeks later and he had to do hella ton HIIT cardio to get the water off and in the end it overflattende him. Do I think he held more water than say I would, yes, some of that is genetics, but would it have been a bitch either way, yes.

So if you keep it moderate for the first one you should be fine, if you carb load like I had MM do, you couldnt recover.

Its just so hard to know becuase I dont work with you and everyone is so different on how carbs effect them.

Ss

DAVIDHARDY
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet man thanks. Damn 3k is a lot. I think I moderately load anyway from the sound of it. I had like 1000 total coming into the show lol.

Scoobysnacks
02-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Sweet man thanks. Damn 3k is a lot. I think I moderately load anyway from the sound of it. I had like 1000 total coming into the show lol.

Most truly underestimate how flat they are and how much it takes to truly saturate the muscle cell to truly peak.

1000 is pretty moderate in my opinion especially after keto. Depending on genetics you may be able to get the water off.

Ss

DAVIDHARDY
02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Cool man I appreciate your input.

NATURAL-1987
02-12-2010, 11:40 PM
From personal experience I have done back to back shows. However I did not do keto. What we did was have a clean cheat meal right after finals. Mr.Sub.....lousiana chicken.mmmmmmm.ok, back to what I was saying. Then on sunday went back to the exact same food I was eating the sunday before. We followed the next week exactly the same however because I looked too flat the thursday before second show my coach made me go eat a cherry cheesecake. yes the whole thing to help get me filled out. I am thinking keto would be a lot different going from only trace carbs. What 2 shows you hitting back to back hardy?

DAVIDHARDY
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm def gonna skip the cheat meal thatll just set me back even more. I'm doing the nga night of champions on the 5th of june and then the jimmy coby classic on the 12th.