PDA

View Full Version : Proviron or Arimidex ?

ValentineA
02-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Hello.
I have several questions:
1. Which is the best choice to stack it with testosterone cyp/e, is it proviron or arimidex?
2. The dosage of proviron/arimidex to stack it with 100mg of testosterone cyp/e. 25mg or 50mg? In the morning,before breakfast?
3. How long is the maximum weeks cycle? Can it use up to 12 weeks?
4. Side effects? (Mood, depression, anxiety, or else)

I ever tried nolvadex before, and some says that it will rebound estrogen levels after cycle, so I won't use it again.

sassy69
02-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Wow.. have a couple questions to frame my train of thought...

Remind me again why you're using test cyp?

Why do you want to use proviron or arimidex? Is the purpose as an aromatase inhibitor? Just to prevent the conversion of estro in the cyp? To prevent gyno? to get harder?
- Proviron is a strong androgen but isn't an aromatase inhibitor. It will help w/ hardening.
- Arimidex is an aromatase inhibitor, but the guys I talk to often choose aromasin over arimidex as their AI. But also any AI is going to strip out estrogen - which often results in joint pain. You can use it for as long as you need - but the joint pain might set that limit to what you can stand.

As far as I know, timing doesn't matter as much as just being consistent w/ your dosing to reduce any spikes in dose.

Mood-wise, you might find a suppression of estrogen-like characteristics - i.e. less emotional? I heard different things from different people - but mostly guys will refer to the PMS'y type mood swings they get from too much estrogen (i.e. non-use or not enough use of AI w/ an aromatizing cycle)

Nolvadex is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator) - it operates explicitly on the natural estrogen production path vs estrogen via aromatization. I think in either case (AIs or SERMs) you'd want to slowly taper off instead of stopping cold because the sudden lack of that suppression could cause the rebound you're talking about.

I think you need to be clear about what is your goal first....

ValentineA
02-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi sassy, thanks for your answer :) im using test enanthate, sometimes i see that my boobs getting bigger,i dont know it is a gyno or water retention, im scared of aromatise too much which will add some body fat,gyno. Those the most things im scared of, body fat and gyno even though i didnt change my diet and calories intake. I read some female competitors choose proviron to stack it with testosterone. How do you think? Thanks

sassy69
02-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi sassy, thanks for your answer :) im using test enanthate, sometimes i see that my boobs getting bigger,i dont know it is a gyno or water retention, im scared of aromatise too much which will add some body fat,gyno. Those the most things im scared of, body fat and gyno even though i didnt change my diet and calories intake. I read some female competitors choose proviron to stack it with testosterone. How do you think? Thanks

If you were experiencing water retention, you'd experience it across your whole body - not just your boobs. I'm torn - w/ 100 mg test e, that's just not that much to begin w/, so I don't know how much aromatization is going to be an issue. Since its the converted estrogen you're worried about, I'd go w/ an aromatase inhibitor. I almost think something over the counter like 6-oxo might do it for you. Or a very small dose of arimidex -- but from the guys that I talk to, aromasin might be better because its not as strong. You don't need ultra strong. Like I said - NO estrogen can really start to hurt your joints - there's a reason we have estrogen and just because you don't like the bodyfat & water retention aspect of it doesn't mean its a good choice to block it completely. I'd either use nothing and get a really good sense of if you think you're retaining water across your body or not.

Proviron isn't going to do anything with regard to estrogen conversion from test. Women are most likely NOT going to be using a long-acting ester like test e or test cyp. So if they're using test, its most likely going to be test prop, which doesn't do a lot of aromatization. The proviron is most likely used in a stack for the last weeks towards some target date like a competition or a photoshoot to tighten up & harden up some, and then drop it after the event is over. I don't think it applies at all to what you're talking about.l

ValentineA
02-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Yes, not only my boobs but also my whole body. I will think about aromasin, can aromasin reduce water retention too? And what is the symptom if our body increases in estrogen too much? Thanks

s2h
02-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Why are you using test e in the first place?Test prop is a much better suited for women(short half life)Are you competing?whats your goals/reason behind using test at all?Another thing is have you had your bloodwork done(estrogen levels)this can vary greatly w/ a womens age pre/post menupause and such.I would get this all checked out before you venture into the world of male testosterones!!

sassy69
02-13-2010, 03:48 PM
V -

What is your basis for choosing test e? I feel like you're trying to get muscle gain but you've been trying a bunch of different things. Have you settled on a diet/training approach that is a solid basis on which to build? It is very hard to gain muscle and stay lean (avoid water retention, "lose weight") all at the same time. Most women would be using a steroid cycle while dropping weight / bodyfat for a competition - because the diet at that point is designed specifically to drop bodyfat - the steroids are there to MAINTAIN muscle (not really grow it) and support recovery. If the goal was to gain mass (e.g. off-season), then you NEED a bit of estrogen to give your body the environment to GROW.

At this point I don't know how standard female-sized dosages work for you. Test is considered an advanced cycle. If you were interested in some muscle gain w/ min water retention & sides, I'd suggest 10-15 mg anavar / day for 12 -16 weeks, supported by a diet that is designed for lean mass gain - i.e. higher calories, lots of protein, enough carbs to provide energy for solid lifting. Otherwise maybe 100 mg equipoise for 12 weeeks. Again w/ diet supporting the muscle gain goal. Of course you're going to gain some bodyfat if you're eating enough. But that's why people do this in phases. Spend some time either doing an aggressive mass building phase and then a good cut phase to dial in to where you want, or a less agressive build phase that is focused on a slow, but clean gains so you don't have to do a more aggressive cut phase.

KBigz81
02-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I think she is doing it for female to male transformation.

ValentineA
02-15-2010, 11:42 AM
You are the best sassy. I totally agree with you. Thanks for your help, ill think about my cycle and i will ask my doctor about all those things after i know what is the differences between adex and prov like now. Because im on my transition female to male too while drop some bodyfat

ValentineA
02-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes im kbigz81, thanks

sassy69
02-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Glad to hear! Let us know how it goes!

ValentineA
02-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Hello. Sorry it took so long to reply. I just went to my doctor to consult about taking a-dex. She said that i dont need it, because im using test e not in a large dosage and for a long term too. Also anti estrogen not good for joints,just like sassy says. Im still waiting for my blood test to see my testOsterone level, estrogen and also another things like liver,kidney etc.,my testo level must be in normal male range. After the blood test results,she will able to adjust my dosage if needed. Thanks for reading :)

sassy69
02-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi Valentine - glad you're getting some good input from your doc. Sounds like you have things in order :)