PDA

View Full Version : What Cissus do you like?

Por2gue
03-08-2009, 01:53 AM
I've always taken regular Glucosamine / Chondroitanw/ MSM.
Wanted to try a Cissus out, being it is said to have a few more positive attributes aside from just joint support. Any of you had any good or bad experiences. DC got me wanting to try a Cissus after reading a post of his about supps. It made me kinda feel the same way, like I really was'nt feeling much from the Glucosamine. Thanks!

Simon M
03-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Cissus is great stuff.

In the UK BSD is a supplier I work with and we sell the 50% extract which you can also get from Island Supplements in the USA.

I use it as I've broken various bones and had so many injuries playing rugby and it really helps. (Currently recovering very quickly from broken ankle and leg whilst on Cissus).

The other benefit is that it's anti catabolic if taken just before bed. It's a great supp.

See below for info off of our web site www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk

Cissus quadrangularis, aka Veldt Grape and commonly referred just as Cissus, is a perennial climber used on Ayurvedic medicine to speed recovery from bone fracture, relieve gastric disorders, as an analgesic and an anti-inflammatory. Currently there are more features associated to Cissus quadrangularis like anti-glucocorticoid, anti-catabolic, anti-lipase, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties, making it not only a good choice for those who are looking for a supplement to relieve joint pain and connective tissue problems but also for those who are interested in a supplement capable of giving help in the process of increasing muscle mass and/or reducing body fat.
There are several active substances in Cissus responsible for its benefits: phytosterols (like beta-sitosterol), vitamin C, calcium, carotenes (like provitamin A), amyrin (a specific saponin), amyrone and flavonoids (quercetin). Some of the features of Cissus are not yet fully understood, so there may be more active substances yet to be discovered in Cissus.
A couple of properties showed by Cissus are similar with Resveratrol, another great supplement. Both exhibit anti-oxidant properties capable of increasing AST and ALT values as well as being natural anti-inflammatories. In the case of Cissus the analgesic activity is achieved on both neurogenic pain as well as peripheral (inflammatory) pain. Analgesic properties on neurogenic pain are due to central analgesic activity, like opioids. Peripheral analgesic activity (anti-inflammatory activity) is believed to be due to COX-2 inhibition, also like opioids and NSAIDs, though there was no protein synthesis inhibition and no gastric disorders unlike some NSAIDs (Cissus it is capable of relieving gastric disorders). Along with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, Cissus has also bone and connective tissue healing properties which make it a good option to use when there's a need not only for pain relief but also for an increased healing.
Cortisol is a steroid hormone that belongs to the glucocorticoid class of steroid hormones and is capable of inhibiting protein synthesis and stimulate amino acid degradation (among other things). For this reason, excessive cortisol can be conterproductive to those seeking to increase muscle mass. Moreover, cortisol rises with stress and after strenuous exercise, which are situations that athletes have to deal with frequently. Cissus is capable of interacting with the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) by binding to it and acting as a GR antagonist, avoiding cortisol to bind to the GR and thus reducing cortisol's negative effects and positively influencing muscle mass development.

Por2gue
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Great info man, thanks!

Mike the Ripper
03-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Osteo-Sport by Applied Nutriceuticals. Best joint product on the market without question.

orhochris
03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
bulk powder from bulkutrition.com and cap it yourself. 5 stars. great price... lasts forever this way.

bigdaddyd
03-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I tried to powders...that was stupid. The taste is unbelievably horrid. Get the caps of any kind. Other than that the stuff worked fairly well for me.

G-Roy
03-09-2009, 10:39 PM
bulk powder from bulkutrition.com and cap it yourself. 5 stars. great price... lasts forever this way.
x2
i tried to eat the powder and it may have been the worst thing ive ever tasted.

collegelinebacker31
03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Super Cissus RX by USP labs is the best if your looking for cissus to really do its job. Osteo sport is cool but hardly has any cissus in it to work to any noticable degree. Ive been on cissus for 4 months now while recovering from a massive rotator cuff tear and im almost a month ahead of where i should be at this point.