PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks and 9 weeks out

george.mumford
02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey I was wondering what my bodyfat levels should be 6 weeks out and 9 weeks out from my main contest.
Hydrostatic b/f test had me at 5.4% at 6 weeks out and 9 weeks from my main contest.
Am I on track? Not sure where I started at either, maybe 8% at 15 weeks out

Scoobysnacks
02-12-2010, 11:16 AM
at what weight? I care more about lbs of fat from those test not percentage points. Ive had guys weight 270 come to me and get their bodyfat tested and they are 6% and look fat, thats 16 lbs of fat to be shredded on game day you need to be 7-8lbs fat on a caliper test anyways. Just a marker I use, not set in stone, not here to debate it.

But, Ive had 145 lb guys at 6% look shredded, as thats only 8.7lbs of total bodyfat under the skin anyways, caliper testing again.

In your profile pic its small but you look to be in the 170-180 range so Id say yes that percentage is definitely good if not ahead of schedule.

And if you want the best opinion post pics.

Ss

george.mumford
02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the info Scooby, I am 174lbs. They said I have 9.5 lbs of fat with 5.4% b/f.

When I try to load some pictures they are always too big and I've tried to shrink them with no success but I have always wanted to get opinions from you all.

AVBG
02-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Dont get caught up on numbers.

Scoobysnacks
02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the info Scooby, I am 174lbs. They said I have 9.5 lbs of fat with 5.4% b/f.

When I try to load some pictures they are always too big and I've tried to shrink them with no success but I have always wanted to get opinions from you all.

post a pic based on that alone you would need another 2-3 lbs of fat loss and you are good.

But, pics would tell us more, as bodyfat is only one tool and a part of the equation.

George on the pic thing, load them into photobucket edit them to medium, then post the link that says websites/webpages something like that, it will embed the pics in the thread.

george.mumford
02-12-2010, 07:59 PM
6 weeks out from Vancouver Natural and 9 weeks out from Emerald Cup

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/GymJunkie0515/2-12-10-1.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/GymJunkie0515/DSC00083-1.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/GymJunkie0515/DSC00086-1.jpg

Any Advice would be much appreciated!

Scoobysnacks
02-13-2010, 11:56 AM
well you are way ahead of schedule in my opinion. Those readings look to be pretty close.

YOu just need another couple pounds of fat to bring in the lower back and the glutes and you are set.

Id change nothing and just keep clipping along. With 5 weeks to diet you should be able to easily get off the rest of the fat you need to.

You may even need to add a bit of food just make sure the scale weight isnt falling to fast if it start to just fall off just add a meal that you are already eating to up it to 7 or 8.

Ss

george.mumford
02-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Coming from you Scooby that means a lot, thanks. I'll keep doing what I am doing and not add any cardio. Dave says the same thing, the last couple of weeks I have not had to add cardio or change what I eat.

esgibson
02-15-2010, 12:49 AM
well you are way ahead of schedule in my opinion. Those readings look to be pretty close.

YOu just need another couple pounds of fat to bring in the lower back and the glutes and you are set.

Id change nothing and just keep clipping along. With 5 weeks to diet you should be able to easily get off the rest of the fat you need to.

You may even need to add a bit of food just make sure the scale weight isnt falling to fast if it start to just fall off just add a meal that you are already eating to up it to 7 or 8.

Ss

i completely agree..u look really good for 5 weeks out bro and ur definitly not far off from contest. if the diets working keep with it but u got plenty of time to may small changes if u need to so don't get too crazy if something happens and u have a week that u didn't loose any weight. best case senario...u're ready a couple weeks early and u get to "eat in" to a show and u'll get much harder and it'll be soooo easy to carb up because u can play with it to make sure u hit it right! keep it up bro! lookin great!

DAVIDHARDY
02-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Definitely NOT behind at all.