PDA

View Full Version : 2nd back injury...damit!!!

varn01
03-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi,
I hurt my lower back just before christmas deadlifting. The pain was situated about 2 inches above the top of my ass and slightly to the right. No pain down my legs.
I was struggling to do the simplist things such as putting socks on. The pain did ease slighlty but neva fully went away. I had a couple of weeks of rest but apart from that been training light.
I decided that i should see a chiropractor and see what he had to say i have had 3 tretments so far he said my spine was out of alignment and this was putting the pressure on the disc also my hamstrings especially on my right side were tight. He tested my core strength and said that there is an imbalance between my muscular strength and core strength which has led to the injury. I have been training my core as instructed ever since.
Ok, yesterday while training shoulders and back (very light) i stetched my back after a set of dumbell rows. The stretch i performed was holding onto a stationary pole, bent at the knees and pushed my ass out....something popped and i suddenly went tight in my lower back and stomach. I immediatly thought of the worse and went straight to hospital. The doctor is sore examined me and said i strained a muscle in my lower back and to take anti inflamatories and the tightness was caused by muscle spasm.
Im sorry that was so long, does anyone have any advice as to what to do next and if what the doc and chiropractor adds up. I have been struggling with this since decemnber and just want to recover as quick as possible.
Thanks ever so much for giving the time to read this and any advice willbe greatly appreciated.

Larry C
03-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Maybe get an Xray or a cat scan. I've had problems with my back since I was 15. I've been to 3 physios, 2 chiropractors, a chinese medicine healer and a thai masseuse. The best reaction I had was from the treatments with the chiropractors but it gets pretty pricey and the effect seemed to dissipate after not being adjusted regularly. Ask your GP and chiropractor for their recommendations. My GP told me to see a physio and now
I've got an appointment in April with the pain department in a hospital over here, hoping to get some answers.

Good Luck!

toddbz
03-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Pain down the legs usually means your sciatic nerve is pissed. Course that just a symptom and not the cause. Like the above post said look into conventional means to determine the source of the issue. Could be muscle strain, could be your sacrum is out of alignment. I would not reccomend just doing a shotgun method of treament before you determine what is really the issue though.
I have done this twice. Both times with complete recovery. After x-rays I decided on chiropractic and deep massage therapy. Like I said that's what worked for ME.
Good luck

DannyG
06-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Same thing happened to me yesterday and now i'm looking to see what advice i can find on here.

Larry C
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Same thing happened to me yesterday and now i'm looking to see what advice i can find on here.
Ask the chiropractor in this thread and see what he says. Symptoms can be similar with a lot of people but the cause can be very varied.

I recently found out I've got an extra joint coming out of my lower back which apparently has been the cause of the pains in my lower back for the last 6 years. Since I've found this out my local hospital has been moving a lot faster to help me and I'm booked in for a consultation in July.

My advice is to ask the opinion of a few different people.

Good luck :beerbang:

DCHMUSCLE88
08-04-2009, 12:59 AM
i'd start with aleve 2-3 pills in am and pm, then if not better go see a doc, i've had back problems in the past and man they suck, i feel for ya bro hope everything works out