PDA

View Full Version : How much BCAA, Creatine, and Glutamine?

TUFF
02-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I read different amounts all the time. I read .17b/lb BCAA, 5g Creatine, and 10-40g Glutamine.

Any suggestions?
I am 6'5 270 lbs.

I have been mixing 5g Creatine, 40g BCAA, and 15g Glutamine and sip on it pre,during,and post workout.

Shariff Abel
02-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Ask John he might help ya on this one.

trap
02-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Just try and see what's works for You.
I was like this before and ask,ask,ask...but i end up listen to my body and i train on empty stomach,full body workout couse it's works for me.So,You should try listen to your body then others IMO.
There isn't one rule for all.

LSU
02-13-2010, 08:58 PM
40g BCAA?? thats an enormous amount. I can understand 40g Whey (all your aminos, w/ Around 5g BCAA in each serving)

At 6'5 270 supplement with 5g Creatine Mono Pre/Post & 5-10g BCAAs Pre and just have your Whey Isolate Protein post because there is a full serving of BCAA in 40-50g.
Dont waste your money on the Glutamine...it has little effect and if supplementing iwith too much it can lead to fat gain. Just ask Palumbo

Andrew732
02-13-2010, 11:18 PM
HAHAHA too much glutamine can lead to fat gain due to its conversion to glucose. Little here and there is good for the stomach lining. Recent studies suggest 3gs is a sufficent dose of creatine to take daily and get the same results. You are looking at 2.5-5g a day. If you have stomach issues, you should look into magnesium chelated creatine which prevents creatine from going into hydrolysis in the stomach, allowing for better absorption without the GI distress.

spritz0
02-14-2010, 02:08 AM
HAHAHA too much glutamine can lead to fat gain due to its conversion to glucose. Little here and there is good for the stomach lining. Recent studies suggest 3gs is a sufficent dose of creatine to take daily and get the same results. You are looking at 2.5-5g a day. If you have stomach issues, you should look into magnesium chelated creatine which prevents creatine from going into hydrolysis in the stomach, allowing for better absorption without the GI distress.
Agreed, Glutamine has been totally exposed as not needed in SUPPLEMENTARY amounts unless you're not taking in adequate dietary protein... way BETTER, as Dave Palumbo says to get your aminos in your Protein Shakes (and cheaper!!).:yep: