PDA

View Full Version : Creatine Cycling???????

Not Dorian Yates
02-15-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm sure this is bullshit but i just had two people who lift weights and "bodybuild" tell me that your only supposed to take creatine for a limited time and then take time off. This was because if you don't cycle it you do damage to your body. Ive never heard this and went back and read my bottles and it's nowhere on there. Tell me it's just ignorant bullshit.

trap
02-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I take up to 10g per day all year long and feel great with it.

wilderbeast
02-15-2010, 03:58 PM
The only "loading" or "cycling" I would do with creatine is to use a maintenance dosage of 5-10 grams per day everyday of the year and every couple months run 20-30 grams for 1 week and drop back to maintenance. You can take time off of creatine if you want, but I use it as an all the time supplement staple.

BEAST

Shariff Abel
02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
another good way to find out is to ask Dave Q&A ..

trap
02-16-2010, 07:12 PM
another good way to find out is to ask Dave Q&A ..

"Pour a full 1oz cap of CREALYZE into 8oz of water stir, and watch the water turn completely clear. Drink. take pre&post workout all year long"-Dave ;)

MattPT88
02-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Well clinical studies show that after about 8 weeks of creatine use the body becomes somewhat immune to it. So it order to negate this effect you must get off of it for about 6-8 weeks. Then when you do get back on it you will have a much better effect. It wont do damage like many people fear but you body does not respond to it very well after about 8 weeks.

I cycle creatine all the time and its well worth it. Ill generally put on a few pounds on cycle then drop about 2-3lbs once I get off of it but still be a few lbs ahead of where i started. Then wait about 8 weeks then start up again to gain another few pounds.

kgelo51
02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Heres a guide to use creatine: "loading and maintenance phases" are bullshit, a marketing scam for u to buy more. 5 grams before your workout and another 3-5 wont hurt sometime after your workout. I dont think it is necessary to take on non workout days, just keep protein and carbs high. Creatine can be argued if it needs to be cycled, if u dont take it on weekends its not as much a worry, otherwise 8 weeks on 2-4 weeks off. And lastly creatine, unless taken in huge quantities or you have a kidney disorder, you have nothing to worry about.