PDA

View Full Version : Big J1's predictions for the Phoenix Pro Women's BB

Big J1
02-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Welcome to 2010 all female bodybuilding fans. The Phoenix Pro is upon us quickly followed by the Miss International.

Couple of observations......As of today, the deadline, there are 12 entries...It is possible as today is a mail holiday there may be a couple of more..we will see....SIX competitors will be also in the International...TWO competitors are already qualified for next years Olympia, so if they both finish in the top 3 there will only be one new qualifier from this show..TWO competitors are making their professional debuts...so here goes

1st Place.......Yaxeni Oriquen....former Miss Olympia and former Miss International..top five in both the International and the Olympia last year..this is an unusual occurence with a former Miss O in an open contest..i am still researching if it has ever happened before...

2nd Place......Betty Pariso...this is both a racing form prediction based on prior stats and it is a review of recent pics and condition...everyone wonders when Betty will start to decline as she is just unbelievable but I predict not at this show and not in this field.....

Note: It is a good time here to talk about competitors that have qualified for the Olympia and compete in open shows....GOOD!!!! Lets use this excitement and top athletes competing to have more shows...there are qualifying rules if three previously qualified compete in an open show so that new faces can come in and clearly new faces are invited to the International. As Ric Flair said, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.. However it would be nice if more than 3 places were paid so at least the ladies just below the "O" qualifiers would still get expense money. In the O there will be the top 6 from last year, at least 1 new qualifier will come from this years International (no Heather A) and possibly more...At least one from the Phx and figure 2 each from the next three open shows is 14...a decent Miss O number.

Irony: It will only prove a problem if a previously qualified person does not come in at their peak at the open show or peaks at the open show and not at the Invitational/Qualifier. This has not happened yet, witnessing Lisa Aukland at AC's and Betty at Tampa last year. Doesnt mean it never will....Watch for it this year.

3rd Place....Dena Westerfield.....this goes against the grain of popular opinion (see #4 below) but fits in perfectly with prior results....go back to 2006 Europa in Dallas with Dena, Colette and Jeannie P at 2,3, and 5...I think we will see these three in this order again not necessarily in these places... Dena has made improvements in weak areas, will it put her over the top

4th Place...Zoa Linsey......Zoa is a fabulous athlete but lets not go insane...She has had many good shows but only one great one...all on the amateur level...I believe she will be the top debut athlete AND if she has improved on her pro qualifier she will threaten the top 3....line em up and lets rock

5th Place-8th Place... i believe the 5-8th place competitors can be tossed in a hat and picked....Colette Nelson, returning after injuries and a year off, Jeannie Paparone, always a threat in top shape...Tonie Norman Thompson, one of my all time favorites and Gayle Moher, the local favorite.....Just for kicks lets pick them in that order and see what happens

Other Competitors

Akila Purvis.....pro debut from MW at 2009 USA's

Maria del Carmen Segura....most muscle per inch but also coming off a serious injury

Diana Tinnelle Stanback...another local favorite and at her best condition could move up many places from this prediction

Myriam Bustamente....our favorite competitor from down under

See you in Phoenix

Humbly,
Big J1

tammyp
02-16-2010, 06:05 AM
great predictions as always joel:)

i would love to see Zoa top 3 and get an O nod. it would be so nice to see a fresh new face on the O stage like Zoa.

DylanArmbrust
02-17-2010, 04:47 PM
This show is between Yax and Zoa.....Wish I could be there to watch the battle! Both are class act's! Good luck to all the women.

bellisima
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
this show is between yax and zoa.....wish i could be there to watch the battle! Both are class act's! Good luck to all the women.

agreed!

DylanArmbrust
02-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Shame on me for leaving Betty out! Congrats to the woman!