PDA

View Full Version : 2010 usbf new jersey natural classic pro-am

BigM123
02-15-2010, 08:49 PM
its ten weeks out from now anyone here doing this show. i am going to be doing it god willing, but dont know what class i will be in yet.

the mighty stu
02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I'll be competing. Did it last year as my first show, took the Masters 35+, the Novice Heavy and Overall, and third in the Middles. Hoping to come in a bit bigger this year, but we'll see what my conditioning looks like, doing another show 2 weeks before :)

S

AVBG
02-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey stu.. get some official info for the show and post up!

MsGuns
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
ROCK the STAGE Stu!

BigM123
02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I'll be competing. Did it last year as my first show, took the Masters 35+, the Novice Heavy and Overall, and third in the Middles. Hoping to come in a bit bigger this year, but we'll see what my conditioning looks like, doing another show 2 weeks before :)

S
Hey stu thats great results man for a first show. quick question how did u compete in the heavy class and middle class at the same time?

BigM123
02-18-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.usbf.net/images/spacer.gif

BigM123
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
can an administrator please edit the post to a smaller size for me thanks

TreeTrunkLegs
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I have done this show before as well, but i will not be doing it this year! Great show and ran by some great guys!

the mighty stu
02-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Lol, okay, no need for me to post any flyers now!

I just assumed they split the Novices into two weight classes (instead of 3?) based on how many competitors they had. My training partner talked me into entering as many categories as I could so that maybe I could place in at least one of 'em (who knew?!).

Very well run show, Kent (the promoter) has competed in the NPC, WNBF and USBF, so he's been around a while and seems to run a tight ship. There were also a decent number of first timers last year, which made me feel a bit better about feeling like I was out of place.

TreeTrunks was there, and lemme tell you, the nickname is fitting, for a young guy, his legs are just thick as hell!

Considering it was my first show, I was really anal about writing everything down during my prep, so I'm changing some things up this year, and I guess we'll see how the results turn out. All in all though, it was a great experience.

S

BigM123
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
hey stu how is everything going we are about four and a half weeks out now how are u feeling? hope all is going well. anyone else on this forum doing this show

the mighty stu
04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, I'm doing the NJ Bodybuilding Championships first on April 17th, and I'm looking to be right on track for that. Easily have about 8lbs more of muscle this year, so making the cutoff for middleweights will be tight for that one, but I'm hoping to rock the Classic on the 1st.

I've actually got two other guys I've been helping with their preps competing as well, and it's a very different feeling when you've got other competitors pushing you every day to be your best (last year, it was just me at my gym).

How're things going for you? What class (es) do you think you're doing?

S

BigM123
04-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Well, I'm doing the NJ Bodybuilding Championships first on April 17th, and I'm looking to be right on track for that. Easily have about 8lbs more of muscle this year, so making the cutoff for middleweights will be tight for that one, but I'm hoping to rock the Classic on the 1st.

I've actually got two other guys I've been helping with their preps competing as well, and it's a very different feeling when you've got other competitors pushing you every day to be your best (last year, it was just me at my gym).

S
i am running a little behind as far as conditioning goes but there is still four weeks left i will be competing in the welter or light weight open and novice class. i am in the gym by myself pushing myself everyday hoping to bring the best package wish u the best of luck on all your shows. for me me its not about winning or losing its about the journey and accomplishing my goals.

the mighty stu
04-03-2010, 12:20 PM
OH without a doubt. I certainly didn't plan on doing as well as I did last year. I just kept saying that as long as I did everything I could have done towards my goal, I could hold my head high. Of course if you do well at one show, you obviously want to improve for the next.... You can't affect who else will show on game day though, so just know that you did yourself proud.

Best of luck bro!

S

BigM123
04-04-2010, 11:53 AM
^thanks stu and those are some great words of wisdom

TreeTrunkLegs
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
TreeTrunks was there, and lemme tell you, the nickname is fitting, for a young guy, his legs are just thick as hell!

Thanks Big guy! I appreciate it!

BigM123
04-18-2010, 06:26 PM

S
Hey stu whats going on man how did your show go over the weekend?

the mighty stu
04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Won the Light-Heavies, now after enjoying a full day of eating (steak, Brownies, IHOP, you name it-lol), I gotta buckle down for the May 1st Show!

S

BigM123
04-19-2010, 03:17 AM
congrats man hope you repeat again in two weeks i will defenatley introduce myself to you there. How did the other two guys your prepping do hope they did as well as you did. Can u post up some pics from the show thanks and keep at it bros.

AVBG
04-19-2010, 03:50 AM
Congrats Stu

the mighty stu
04-19-2010, 02:20 PM
My two guys did very well for first timers.

One placed third in the light weights (although he shouldn't have been any less than second, there were a lot of calls that seemed to favor the guys prepped by the show's promoter, funny huh?). The other placed third in the novice heavy and fifth in the open lightheavies. Both really really great accomplishments no matter how you slice it. How many people crack any top three in their first show?

Waiting on pics from the show's photographer. She said a few weeks, and even though I have a pretty good video, my computer doesn't seem to recognize my camcorder anymore, so I'm not sure how the hell I'm gonna get the footage off of the DV-Tape.

S

BigM123
04-19-2010, 06:57 PM
that is definitely great accomplishments by your friends like i say before win or lose placing or not its all about the experience and showing yourself what your capable of doing not many people could say i competed! as for the judges there will always be controversy. on another note i think the binge eating you did will only help you get tighter because it will shock your metabolism and speed it up so don't stress the water retention you get from it it will be gone in a day or two. Are your friends doing the show on May 1ST? i cant wait for the show to come and go already it has taken a huge toll on my family, work and taken over my life. its like having a second job lol in a way i wish it was over already see you soon stew and keep up the good work.

the mighty stu
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah, we're all going to do the may 1st show. I figure the two shows are so close together, we're planning to come in tighter for the 2nd one. The head judge from this show suggested I drop a few lbs, saying it would improve my chances, which to be honest, I know the 5/1 show will have much steeper competition in it, so I'm going to do my best to show up with a tighter package (getting my legs as lean as my torso is a challenge for me). Each contest is a learning experience, so as long as you better your previous outing, you win. I can objectively look at my showing last Saturday compared to last year, and see better size, better conditioning, better posing, even a better tan! So I guess I'm learning :)

S

TreeTrunkLegs
04-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Congrats bro thats awesome! It feels good to be in that overall posedown!

the mighty stu
04-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah,. it was crazy,... not too sure how I feel about the actual turnout though.
I won't say anything negative, but I certainly heard a lot from the people in the audience afterward -lol (and yes, I know my quads could be tighter! -lol)

YouTube- Overall Posedown Edited Length.wmv

S

BigM123
04-23-2010, 06:06 PM
stew not for nothing but the guy who won you could bareley see his abs his stomach looked like a bloated HGH gut just my two cents i would have had you winning he had bigger legs but thats about it.

the mighty stu
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I've been hearing all sorts of 'theories' about his "win" -lol. I don't want to badmouth a fellow competitor, but,... well,.. I guess you can see for yourself.

S

HammerStrength12
04-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Next year I wanna do this one

TreeTrunkLegs
04-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Were you number 18 Stu? I cant see your number. Regardless, thats the exact reason why i have strayed away from USBF shows being my main show. Im sure i will do one as a warm up show, but i just have a very bad taste in my mouth on how swayed their judging is .. Keep your head up brotha, you have another one this weekend. Keep doing your thing!

the mighty stu
04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks TTL, I really busted by ass this year trying to bring things up, and I'm damn proud of the changes I've made, in thickness, conditioning, even my tan and posing. I found a few INBF shows that are near me for the Fall, so I'll try not to enjoy my summer too much, and maybe take a stab at those.

S

the mighty stu
05-02-2010, 02:54 AM
OKay, it's after 2am, and I just got home from the USBF NJ Classic.... quick summary,.. It was stacked, lotta huge and conditioned competitors, definitely a much tougher caliber than the USBF show I did two weeks ago in A.C. Bottom line? I won the Middleweights and the Overall,.. Hell Yeah, pro Card Hoo Ha! -lol.

I was actually surprised by the turnout, as the lightheavy winner was a just a beast, but I guess we can never objectively assess ourselves, because when I watched the video, I was truly shocked at how thick and dense I looked (I dropped about 2 lbs since the last show, and apparently it made a hell of a difference!). I guess I have to add 'USBF Pro' as my signature now? :)

S