PDA

View Full Version : pancake recipies

irishmuscle
02-16-2010, 06:21 AM
can anyone chime in with some healthy(i use healthy very loosely) for pancakes,some way of adding protein or something.

MattPT88
02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Dry Ingredients:
1/2 c whole wheat flour
10g whey (you could even use a whole scoop 20g if you want)
1/2t baking powder
1T brown sugar
2T flax (optional)

Wet Ingredients:
1/2c milk
1 egg
Splash vanilla extract
1T olive oil

Mix the dry in one container. Mix the wet in another. Then combine the wet with the dry until well blended and put on a griddle.

It provides roughly 600-700kcals and they taste amazing.
Roughly 20g fat (mostly MUFA), 30g pro, and 70g carbs (No refined ones either plus decent amount of fiber). Those are all loose estimates off the top of my head. If you are not on a precontest diet theyre a great way to start the day.

tight booty
02-26-2010, 04:41 AM
Dry Ingredients:
1/2 c whole wheat flour
10g whey (you could even use a whole scoop 20g if you want)
1/2t baking powder
1T brown sugar
2T flax (optional)

Wet Ingredients:
1/2c milk
1 egg
Splash vanilla extract
1T olive oil

Mix the dry in one container. Mix the wet in another. Then combine the wet with the dry until well blended and put on a griddle.

It provides roughly 600-700kcals and they taste amazing.
Roughly 20g fat (mostly MUFA), 30g pro, and 70g carbs (No refined ones either plus decent amount of fiber). Those are all loose estimates off the top of my head. If you are not on a precontest diet theyre a great way to start the day.
Looks easy to make and would be very yummy! I have been looking for a protein pancake receipe for ages! Thanks for posting up.....:)

Blue and Gold
03-03-2010, 09:20 PM
One I have been using for a while now, I don't have exact amounts I just mix until the consistancy looks right.
Eggs
Oats
Applesauce
Cinnamon
Works best when mixxed with a blender or food processor.

mustng91
03-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Not my recipe...actually G Diesel's from over on the Animal board...but I love it

"5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
2 packets equal or splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

Blend the ingredients into a pancake-like paste in the Magic Bullet or similar food processor or blender. This should make two decent sized pancakes. Pour the batter into a moderately heated pan coated in cooking spray. Cook as you normally would a typical pancake."

bringingthehuge
03-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Not my recipe...actually G Diesel's from over on the Animal board...but I love it

"5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
2 packets equal or splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

Blend the ingredients into a pancake-like paste in the Magic Bullet or similar food processor or blender. This should make two decent sized pancakes. Pour the batter into a moderately heated pan coated in cooking spray. Cook as you normally would a typical pancake."

just got done eating the pancakes and they were pretty damn good. I topped them with some sugar free syrup and smart balance light omega 3 butter.

mustng91
03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
just got done eating the pancakes and they were pretty damn good. I topped them with some sugar free syrup and smart balance light omega 3 butter.

Yah...I'm a big fan. If I'm trying to get some more calories I'll sometimes throw a tblspn or 2 of peanut butter into the batter. Ends up tasting pretty dam good.