PDA

View Full Version : Pre-contest last couple of days..

AVBG
02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
What do you natty trainers do last couple of days before a contest?

Do you take time off work?

Who does your tan?

What's your load up protocol?

Do you keep a low profile all covered up?

Do you get much help from home?

What do your colleagues think of you in pre-contest mode?

What supps do you take leading in? (trick question lol)

NATURAL-1987
02-17-2010, 12:11 AM
1. I dont work the last 2 weeks before a show.This one I am taking 3 because the way vacation time schedule lands. Train, Eat,Sleep,Pose,Cook,Cardio. Thats it.

2. My mom actually painted me after my coach showed her for first few coats.Girlfriend has had the torch passed down to her now. I do as much as I can though. Hate doing my paint.

3. Kind of confidential.lol. Lots of carbs.

4. Dont stay covered up unless I am too cold. Lately its been below zero and snowing. Once muscle is warmed up training and I'm warm, I tank top it up though.

5. Mom cooks rice and broccoli. Girlfriend and I work together so we drive together. She lets me sleep in the car on the way to and from work some days when I need to. I am very spoiled :)

6. Current area I am in at work, I motivate somewhat. Eat on break with 2 other people and the one guy has been eating lots of tilapia,extra lean ground turkey, spinach,and brocolli since I have been working in their area. Supportive and lots of them even went to watch me guest pose. Then there are some who offer me cheesecake the week before a show and have NO Clue whats going on.lol.

7. Once again, kind of confidential. Dont change much though if thats what we were getting at. Even day of the show except for a couple things. If you look good, and something isn't broken, dont make drastic changes kind of thing.

Hope you guys enjoyed my answers :) Now lets hear some others.

fltallpaul
02-17-2010, 09:16 AM
I get everything set for the weekend so I don't have to think at all. Packed, food prepped, travel arrangements handled. I like Saturday to be as stress free as possible.

I have always taken altleast Thursday and Friday off. I then go get a manicure\pedicure with clearn nail polish to prevent staining. I also use this time to get a hair cut, relax and watch some old Bodybuilding DVD's.

Who does your tan?
I do my own tan, with the help of my girlfriend.

Layne Norton does my diet so I won't give everything away. I will say I load early in the week and then taper down into the show, then start carb loading again 8 hours before stage.

Long Sleeve loose black clothes, but constantly checking the mirror, lol.

My girlfriend is a huge help with everything.

First time they thought I was skinny and asked if I was working out, now they ask how far away the show is and how much money I will win, lol.

What supps do you take leading in? (trick question lol)[/quote]
same ones I take the whole time. BCAA, Creatine, Multi, Glucosamine, Whey

AVBG
02-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Some great answers.. Repped

bhman6
02-24-2010, 08:29 AM
stress out, lol

I tend to watch a lot of BBing youtube videos

Like Paul, at least Thurs. and Fri. I might also take off the following Mon. so I can sleep and eat all day

Who does your tan?
my fiance...bless her soul for what she has to go through fo rthis

early load, late taper, moderate load morning of, depending on fullness/dryness

my first show I was wearing tanks 99% of the time, now I look back and think I probably looked like a d-bag, lol

mostly covered up yes

infinite amounts of help and support from my fiance. my mom still offers me food even though she knows I'm in prep, and then gets mad when I turn it down.

they tell me how unhealthy it is and how my face looks like I'm a cancer patient going through treatment

What supps do you take leading in? (trick question lol)
the same ones

gold standard whey, BCAA, creatine, multivitamin, fish oil, joint supplement, caffeine

-BLP-
02-24-2010, 08:43 AM
in th last week , If no libido , hardly sleep, anti-social , fell like shit , watch th ceiling waiting for next meal, happy only when look shape in mirror .. Your defenetly in contest low body fat condition

the mighty stu
02-24-2010, 04:36 PM
in th last week , If no libido , hardly sleep, anti-social , fell like shit , watch th ceiling waiting for next meal, happy only when look shape in mirror .. Your defenetly in contest low body fat condition

OMG yes,.. I didn't feel like doing anything. Felt like I had made a huge mistake and lost all the muscle I had spent years building -lol. Could barely crap (no carbs or fiber in my system), cranky,.. don't think I slept more than maybe 15 minutes at a time before tossing and turning every night. The night before, shivered in a hotel bed while I found out the next day, my girl and training partners (in the same room as I was in) were sweating their asses off because the room was actually too hot!

S