PDA

View Full Version : smashed my finger between

Aero
03-08-2009, 02:06 PM
a barbell and the rack putting the bar down yesterday...
it swelled up and turned purple and white right away...
I put a band aid on it and trained today and it hurt but not to much...

well I just took the band aid off and I popped it?
:confused:

there was some type of white stuff not like puss or fluid but...like skin coming out of a little hole in the top of my finger...

it only hurts if I bang it and it's only mildly swollen...

should I worry that I popped it open?

Youngguns
03-08-2009, 02:13 PM
no, it's ok.

njdiva
03-08-2009, 05:29 PM

there was some type of white stuff not like puss or fluid but...like skin coming out of a little hole in the top of my finger...

Ok, first, when you popped it, did clean it or did you just bandage it? when it "oozed" did it relieve pressure or did it hurt more? My suggestion to you is that you soak it in warm salt water and clean it with peroxide. you need to make sure that you keep it clean and dry, you will need to baby it for a while. for the record, something like that should be done by a professional, there is a potential for infection and I would hate for you to put your workouts on hold for a bum finger. take care of yourself dear, and watch those barbells, they could jump out at you at anytime:p

Aero
03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Ok, first, when you popped it, did clean it or did you just bandage it? when it "oozed" did it relieve pressure or did it hurt more? My suggestion to you is that you soak it in warm salt water and clean it with peroxide. you need to make sure that you keep it clean and dry, you will need to baby it for a while. for the record, something like that should be done by a professional, there is a potential for infection and I would hate for you to put your workouts on hold for a bum finger. take care of yourself dear, and watch those barbells, they could jump out at you at anytime:p

lol..thanks..I'll try to watch out for the mean barbells and only use the nice ones..lol

I did clean it and bandage it again but now it's swollen to the point of being hard...:(

it's discolored but not like it was...
it seems to have alot of fluid or blood trapped in it...not cool...right?

I guess I should talk to a doctor maybe?

indianamonster1986
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM

LOL I would not worry at all. You wanna see a bad finger you should see mine. I smashed it so hard last October at work that the bone actually came out and i need 8 stitches to repair the nail bed. I have little splinter of nail growing back and the place where the bone is missing is sensitive as fuck.

Aero
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
LOL I would not worry at all. You wanna see a bad finger you should see mine. I smashed it so hard last October at work that the bone actually came out and i need 8 stitches to repair the nail bed. I have little splinter of nail growing back and the place where the bone is missing is sensitive as fuck.
oh shit..nasty..lol

ok..well I feel like I'm being a baby now...
lol...
and I did something similar to my thumb as a kid and my nail never grew back right...the nail bed was damaged too much...

italianmanMASS
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
keep putting alcohol on it for a disinfectant that's all

indianamonster1986
03-08-2009, 10:01 PM
here is a pic of the x-ray

Aero
thanks ya'll..I will keep it disinfected and dry...
luckily I just have cardio and calves mon. and tues...

indianamonster1986
Yea i was working with two fucking slugs and i was doing all the bull work and a 60lbs impact gun got lose and my first instinct was to catch, bad fucking idea

Aero
03-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Yea i was working with two fucking slugs and i was doing all the bull work and a 60lbs impact gun got lose and my first instinct was to catch, bad fucking idea

lol..ok..can you translate that to english for those of us who don't work in your industry?

lol...

testboner
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Like others have said, keep it disinfected. Some crazy ass antibiotic resistant skin infections these days.

indianamonster1986
03-08-2009, 10:23 PM
lol..ok..can you translate that to english for those of us who don't work in your industry?

lol...

Slegs are worthless people who are lazy as hell and will stab you in the back when they get the chance. For instance on this job I was the "big guy" so my two partners never wanted to do dick so I was stuck using a 60lbs impact gun. A "huge electric wrench" that uses 1,000lbs of torque, but luckly my forman was watching at the time and saw how they were not doing anything all job so they got laid-off after this incident, and i got to make $33 an hour doing jack shit in the tool room watching tv 60hrs a week. :D

indianamonster1986
03-08-2009, 10:26 PM
So on sunday's i get paid $1.10 a minute to watch tv.

Aero
03-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Slegs are worthless people who are lazy as hell and will stab you in the back when they get the chance. For instance on this job I was the "big guy" so my two partners never wanted to do dick so I was stuck using a 60lbs impact gun. A "huge electric wrench" that uses 1,000lbs of torque, but luckly my forman was watching at the time and saw how they were not doing anything all job so they got laid-off after this incident, and i got to make $33 an hour doing jack shit in the tool room watching tv 60hrs a week. :D

ah..gotcha now...so you tried to literally catch a huge piece of equipment!

damn...well at least you're getting paid now....

indianamonster1986
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Yea first reaction. Not the best. But shit i don't care how much something coast that mother fucker is hitting the ground. Well I was released to go back to full activity last Monday.

njdiva
03-09-2009, 12:16 AM

first, love impact wrenches, I use them all the time, makes opening/closing 55-gallon drums sooooo much easier! second, probably not the best idea to try and catch it. ;) know it sucks not being at work and I'm glad you're going back on Monday(uh, today).just be careful not to re-injure it, whether at work or in the gym, it's worse the second time around.

njdiva
03-09-2009, 12:23 AM
lol..thanks..I'll try to watch out for the mean barbells and only use the nice ones..lol

I did clean it and bandage it again but now it's swollen to the point of being hard...:(

it's discolored but not like it was...
it seems to have alot of fluid or blood trapped in it...not cool...right?

I guess I should talk to a doctor maybe?

the problem is that the fluid and blood are trying to ward off infection, that's why the tell you not to break a blister. if your finger hasn't gone down you may need to go have them drain the fluid to relieve pressure or you may suffer some nerve damage that may interfere with dexterity. if you have a primary doctor, I would go see him, at the very least he can tell you how to take care of it. if it does have to be drained, hope you're not afaid of needles...:eek:

indianamonster1986
03-09-2009, 12:29 AM
first, love impact wrenches, I use them all the time, makes opening/closing 55-gallon drums sooooo much easier! second, probably not the best idea to try and catch it. ;) know it sucks not being at work and I'm glad you're going back on Monday(uh, today).just be careful not to re-injure it, whether at work or in the gym, it's worse the second time around.

Oh yea!!! I always get it caught in my railing at home, and my baby loves to try and bite it. Nothing is better then a woman who knows how to use an impact!!!:D Where do you work? I started last Thursday night. Sucks working these 60 hr weeks, with night school, and 8 month old, and I'm four weeks out from the Mid-Illinois.

ChunkyThunder
03-16-2009, 01:35 AM

I did that once with a 100lb dumbell, luckily I didn't break my finger, but I did miss my workout since it was my first work set... So I went home heated up a needle and drained my nail

no fun