PDA

View Full Version : DC Training! Need Help

grandmaster87
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey Guys

I've read the DC training info in this forum and i dont understand it..

Basically i dont get the set of 15 that you do with the rest pause and stuff...

Can someone explain to me... lets say we doing legs , give me a workout and how to do it...

I normally do leg extensions , squats , hack squats , leg curls

and when you say rest - pause must we rack the weight , then take 15 breaths the unrack and go for more reps or what?

Sorry for the stupid questions but im new to this method...

Regards,
Dhiven

bigtimektz
03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Go to: intensemuscle.com
Read as much as you can and then read some more. They have plenty of articles there for beginners. Read before asking any questions like the ones you have asked here.
Do your research and learn just like everyone else had to do.

GREENMACHINE23
03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
How long have you been training? I would get all of your questions out in the open here before posting elsewhere. Remember, DC is not for everyone.
Hope this helps.

grandmaster87
03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
hmmm well i've been training for a year on and off and i feel i havent achieved a physique that someone training for a year should have...

buster12
03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
hmmm well i've been training for a year on and off and i feel i havent achieved a physique that someone training for a year should have...
for dc, a year might not have been enough time...

Wheels
03-09-2009, 11:56 PM

DC relies heavily on your ability to be able to stimulate the muscle enough to grow with one RP work set. Everyone progresses at different rates, but one year might not be enough time to have developed the mind muscle connection needed in order to do so, as Buster was alluding to.

Give it a try and see if you progress.

Example for RP work set of Bench Press:

Warmup
Warmup
Warmup
Work set for 8 - 9 reps
Rest 12 - 15 seconds
Work set for 3 - 4 reps
Rest 12 - 15 seconds
Work set for 1-2 reps

= a total of 12 - 15 reps

bigtimektz
03-10-2009, 06:39 AM
1 year is not enough training experience to start and be successful with DC.

raylove
03-10-2009, 10:24 PM
first off most of the time you dont rest pause big lifts or big working muscle like quads or back thickness. but if for example you take chest you do ince dumb press do however many warm up sets you need til you are fine to do your 1 WORKING REST PAUSED SET! take the working set weight perform explosive concentric and slower eccentric go to failure say inc dumbell press you work with 100s or 110s get 8 reps failure. pause the sam set take 15 breaths go back at it this time get 4 reps you got 12 so far pause the set and take 15 breaths. lastly lift again maybe get 2 or 3 reps then however advanced you are maybe throw in a static hold to increase further muscle failure. then stretch

so the rest paused set is basically to take the muscle to complete failure with max weight that you can handle, stretch muscle for better growth and recovery then thats it so you havent killed the muscle but trust me you stimulated it enough for good growth however you can train it again in a few days to get more growth out of the muscle.

feel free to ask any more questions ill try to help the best i can

grandmaster87
03-11-2009, 11:26 AM
thanks man , i will definitely give the chest workout a try..

so must i just do one exercise for the chest routine or must i add other stuff...

Koubs
03-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Not to be mean man, but you're asking some REALLY basic questions about DC... it's a pretty simple program, and some people try to overcomplicate it... There is a STICKY in the training session here that gives you enough infor to get started... and YES, you only do ONE set rest-paused for your chest exercise... You'll probably be on the 2-way split, so then you will train chest every other workout (1-2 times per week)

You perform ONE exercise and ONE working set per bodypart (rest-paused)... The exceptions are Deadlifts and quad movements (they are NOT rest-paused, just one straight set)... Again, read the sticky and it will answer any basic questions you might have... once you have a better idea, you can post your program and people can better assist you

You probably should have more experience before attempting this program

bigtimektz
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Not to be mean man, but you're asking some REALLY basic questions about DC... it's a pretty simple program, and some people try to overcomplicate it... There is a STICKY in the training session here that gives you enough infor to get started... and YES, you only do ONE set rest-paused for your chest exercise... You'll probably be on the 2-way split, so then you will train chest every other workout (1-2 times per week)

You perform ONE exercise and ONE working set per bodypart (rest-paused)... The exceptions are Deadlifts and quad movements (they are NOT rest-paused, just one straight set)... Again, read the sticky and it will answer any basic questions you might have... once you have a better idea, you can post your program and people can better assist you

You probably should have more experience before attempting this program

He doesn't want to. He wants all of us to explain it to him.

grandmaster87
03-12-2009, 05:19 PM
i read the sticky .. but i guess cause the terms etc are new i dont understand , i will read it again and when can i be ready to start DC cause you all saying im not ready?

If im not ready what should i go with? Normal split training or upper/lower or full body split

Outside Backer
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
u dont rest pause legs

Steve56
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
i read the sticky .. but i guess cause the terms etc are new i dont understand , i will read it again and when can i be ready to start DC cause you all saying im not ready?

If im not ready what should i go with? Normal split training or upper/lower or full body split

If your not understanding the terms it means that your very new to training..but thats cool bro we all were the same way when we started we diddnt know shit! we all start somewhere, your best bet is to read as much as possible about nutrition thats most important..keep your training simple and baisc...use heavy compound movements to build your base and you can always learn from the experienced guys at your gym! thats what i did...try something like this

Mon - Chest, Biceps
Tue- off
Wed- Back
Thursday- Shoulders, Triceps
Friday- Off
Saturday- Legs
Sunday - off

DC is a great program but you have to be able to generate enough intensity to thrash the muscle in one set, thats why its for people who have a solid 3-4 years under their belt

bigtimektz
03-13-2009, 04:15 PM
If your not understanding the terms it means that your very new to training..but thats cool bro we all were the same way when we started we diddnt know shit! we all start somewhere, your best bet is to read as much as possible about nutrition thats most important..keep your training simple and baisc...use heavy compound movements to build your base and you can always learn from the experienced guys at your gym! thats what i did...try something like this

Mon - Chest, Biceps
Tue- off
Wed- Back
Friday- Off
Saturday- Legs
Sunday - off

DC is a great program but you have to be able to generate enough intensity to thrash the muscle in one set, thats why its for people who have a solid 3-4 years under their belt

Great post. All truth here.

Brock
03-13-2009, 04:19 PM

For a year on and off... your not ready.

Mr. Hyde
03-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I agree with Steve, your better off with the routine he laid out using all compound movements. Use heavy weights, 6-8 reps, perfect form and always try to progress in weight.

Mon - Chest, Biceps
Tue- off
Wed- Back
Friday- Off
Saturday- Legs
Sunday - off