PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 weeks out

G-Roy
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Not from a contest, I'm involved in a transformation challenge for animalpak.com and have to submit my after pics byt Sat the 28th. I dropped from around 17% to about 10% so its not like I'm peeled and ready for the stage.

My question is, what can I do to enhance my look for the after pictures. I'm doing the obvious tanning and shaving and practicing posing. As far as water manipuplation, carb depletion, is there anything I can do leading up to the photos which I will take on Friday the 27th to give me a fuller more defined looked at 10%? As far as getting pump before the pictures, what would you recommend? Is natural light best for taking bodybuilding pictures?

Sorry for the basic questions but I dont compete (obviously) and dont plan to, this was just for fun and free supps.

Mike Marcano
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
To be honest just do a light pump up with some exercise bands or do 3 sets of push ups and that's it. I say this because you aren't ripped so you take the chance of looking a lot worse. You could even do 5-10 minutes of hard posing and go straight for pics. In regards to water manipulation you could take dandelion root or any other over the counter diuretic like Expel. If you really wanna do it like a bodybuilder look at my sticky in the precontest section and theres a great article by Layne Norton.

G-Roy
02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
To be honest just do a light pump up with some exercise bands or do 3 sets of push ups and that's it. I say this because you aren't ripped so you take the chance of looking a lot worse. You could even do 5-10 minutes of hard posing and go straight for pics. In regards to water manipulation you could take dandelion root or any other over the counter diuretic like Expel. If you really wanna do it like a bodybuilder look at my sticky in the precontest section and theres a great article by Layne Norton.

So is it even worth trying to mess with water since I'm only at 10%?

Also, you are saying too much pump will make me look like shit?

AVBG
02-19-2010, 04:19 AM
Drink up! Drink water more than you would normally in the days leading in.. 18hrs before the pics stop drinking. The morning of the shoot limit the liquids to 1 cup of black coffee- sip on it til finished. I wouldn't worry about carb loading.

G-Roy
02-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Drink up! Drink water more than you would normally in the days leading in.. 18hrs before the pics stop drinking. The morning of the shoot limit the liquids to 1 cup of black coffee- sip on it til finished. I wouldn't worry about carb loading.

awesome, thanks. should I cut out my training and cardio the last 18 hours or just continue on as normal?

AVBG
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
If it's about looking your best? Stop training and cardio in Wednesday and make sure last time you train your legs is on the sat (1 week before pics)

G-Roy
02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
If it's about looking your best? Stop training and cardio in Wednesday and make sure last time you train your legs is on the sat (1 week before pics)

thanks man I appreciate the input