PDA

View Full Version : Radio/Video suggestion - show/explain more training methods

PTB
02-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I watched Mike Mentzer's "underground" seminar from 1998 on Youtube last night. His HIT principles are very much a departure from what I'm familiar with. He advocated extemely low workout volume and frequency.

I think it would intersting to have either:

1.) a radio show debate on the various training methods that are in vogue today - e.g. weider's high volume pyramid principles, Hany's FST7, and HIT. To have a cordial and honest debate, not so much on whether they work, but why do their advocates defend their use, and to raise pros and cons which the advocates must answer.

2.) Iron Asylum vids of the differnt styles with Dave asking those cross examining questions, giving them a chance to defend their philosophies.

From my observations, most of the vids are similar in terms of the athletes approach and training frequency. We've never seen a guy on the Asylum, who trains once per week........ perhaps there's a reason for that, but if there are top level amateurs and pros out there, who truly expouse a principle like HIT, then let them have a platform in the Asylum.

TRIEDITONCE
03-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Thta would be a great show hopefully Max-Ot - Training would be involved in this

Admiral Johnson
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
good Idea

Cogrick2
03-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Agreed and repped