PDA

View Full Version : General Talk On Natural Lifting

MuscleArtisan
02-19-2010, 04:57 PM
I feel natural lifting is quite underrated. There isn`t a lot of advice floating around.People know how to bodybuilding on anabolics, but what about natural lifters and teenagers that don`t need or want to train using anabolics ?

I have been training naturally for 6 years now and learned a lot thru trial and error.

Why not share our knowledge and prevent futher erros and better results ?

Disclaimer :
***We need to keep in mind that we aren`t using any anabolic compounds therefore we should train and eat accordingly.
The use of drugs is a personal choice, I don`t think is agaisnt any moral principles.
We are trying to optimize results for people that still aren`t using or don`t predent to use anabolics. If someone is using anabolics, than that person will seek information on training, diet, cardio and anabolics to optimize their results. We are just doing the same thing here, seeking information on natural bodybuilding for better results and less mistakes.**

Answer the following questions :

Training :
1- How many exercises, sets and reps are optimal for bigger and smaller muscle groups ?
2- How do you twitch and periodize your training ?
3- How do you avoid overtraing and what you do if you feel overtrained ?

Lifting Frequency :
1- How do you split your training routine and how often you train with weights ?

Cardio : "
1-What fashion would bring better results, hit and less time or low frequency and more time when fat loss is a concern ?

2-What fashion would bring better results, hit and less time or low frequency and more time when body fat levels are low ?

3-What fashion would bring better results, hit and less time or low frequency and more time when body fat is trying to be maintained at a certain percentage ?

Diet -
1- How the heck does your diet looks like when bulking/cutting/maintaing? Give us your personal intake on how you handle your macronutriends.

AVBG
02-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Good post, will answer when I can give it more thought.

DAVIDHARDY
02-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Ditto. Will answer these tomorrow.

Sandpig
02-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I think it's tough to answer these questions. After 30 years of on and off training, I really believe everyone is different. You need to find what works for you.

I've trained with every type of routine imaginable, some worked for me and not my partner and vise versa.

I'm actually powerlifting now, and the lower intensity and volume are working well for me.

DAVIDHARDY
02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I feel natural lifting is quite underrated. There isn`t a lot of advice floating around.People know how to bodybuilding on anabolics, but what about natural lifters and teenagers that don`t need or want to train using anabolics ?

I have been training naturally for 6 years now and learned a lot thru trial and error.

Why not share our knowledge and prevent futher erros and better results ?

Disclaimer :
***We need to keep in mind that we aren`t using any anabolic compounds therefore we should train and eat accordingly.
The use of drugs is a personal choice, I don`t think is agaisnt any moral principles.
We are trying to optimize results for people that still aren`t using or don`t predent to use anabolics. If someone is using anabolics, than that person will seek information on training, diet, cardio and anabolics to optimize their results. We are just doing the same thing here, seeking information on natural bodybuilding for better results and less mistakes.**

Answer the following questions :

Training :
1- How many exercises, sets and reps are optimal for bigger and smaller muscle groups ?

I do 4-5 exercises for everything and keep my sets at 2. I usually train 4-8 reps. For back, I'll do 3-4 exercises for lats, 3-4 for thickness, and 1-2 for traps. Chest normally gets 5 exercieses, bi's and tri's 3-4, depending on how I feel. Shoulders get 4-5 for the front and middle and 2 for the rear. Quads 3-4 and hams 3-4, depending on the day. If I'm feeling good, I'll do more, if not, I do less.

2- How do you twitch and periodize your training ?

I like to train like this in the inseason:
Day 1- Arms
Day 2- Legs
Day 3- Calves and abs
Day 4- Chest
Day 5- Back
Day 6- Shoulders
Day 7- Calves and abs

This gives me plenty of rest for my arms to be fresh for any other upper body workout since they are done 3 days away from anything upper body. It also spaces my back and leg workouts out far enough that I don't get lower back pain unless I'm stupid and do deads on both days.

During the offseason, if I'm trying to target a specific area, I'll do it twice a week instead of once. I keep my back and legs spaced and also don't do my arms too close to anything else upper body. I usually split my arms up when I do this. Like I'll do biceps with chest and triceps with shoulders.

3- How do you avoid overtraing and what you do if you feel overtrained ?

Eat plenty of good food and get plenty of rest. When you feel too tired, take a break. I'll force myself to go if I'm just feeling lazy, but if I'm genuinely worn out or I'm having pains in what I planned on training I'll take the day off.

Lifting Frequency :
1- How do you split your training routine and how often you train with weights ?

^^^

Cardio : "
1-What fashion would bring better results, hit and less time or low frequency and more time when fat loss is a concern ?

I diet keto, so it's just LISS for me. Usually 3MPH at an incline of 5-10. I like to use the rotating stairs later in my prep, too. If you eat carbs when you diet, then I'd suggest using some HIIT sessions as well as LISS sessions. The amount depends on your condition and how far out you are.

2-What fashion would bring better results, hit and less time or low frequency and more time when body fat levels are low ?

Depends on the diet. Long duration IMO works the best when bodyfat levels are low, because you remove the possibility of injury. When I get really lean and do HIIT, I always hurt something, be it chin splints or a hip flexor.

3-What fashion would bring better results, hit and less time or low frequency and more time when body fat is trying to be maintained at a certain percentage ?

Maintaining would be easy to just use a few HIIT sessions a week if you're pressed for time and want the best results.

Diet -
1- How the heck does your diet looks like when bulking/cutting/maintaing? Give us your personal intake on how you handle your macronutriends.

As far as bulking, I eat when I'm humgry, which is usually 8 meals a day. That's including my post workout shake. I eat bigger portions and still keep my fat intake high, but my carbs are farily moderate compared to others.
Whe I cut, I use a keto diet and base the macronutrients off of my LBM. I eat .25g protein and .1g fat every 2.5-3 hours I'm awake. Most of the time, that's 6 meals, but sometimes it's only 5 and others it's 7. I have cheats according to my condition. I start out cheating at 14 days and usually have one every 7th day until I'm really lean, then I'll take it to every 5th day. I don't limit myself on my cheats. Everything is fair game.
I'm either bulking or cutting, I don't maintain unless I'm between shows and I was content with my condition. I always think I can be harder the next time out, so I usually jump right back into my diet after the show is over.

Answers in bold.