PDA

View Full Version : honest critique

JayBezel
02-20-2010, 08:38 PM
im thinking i want to do my first comp this year and im looking and honest critique...i know the nga mr philly is 11-12 weeks away and thats a local show for me, going by these pics can i be ready in time?

JayBezel
02-20-2010, 08:41 PM
another one...cant get the rear lat to upload ill try again later

JayBezel
02-20-2010, 08:43 PM
forgot stats...im 23 5'5 187 in these pics....been training for about 3 years now

NATURAL-1987
02-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Why the late decision? There can't be a "I'm thinking I want to do my first comp this year and maybe it will be in 11 weeks.Thats crazy talk.My advice to you, know what you want first and then go after it. Is it possible to get there in 11 weeks. Yes, but its gonna be a rough run because it is your first show and clearly haven't got a coach or you wouldn't be asking us what we think. I sayget your butt to the grocery store tomorrow, buy some tilapia and broccoli and hit up the KETO sections on this board. I don't do keto but your in crunch time. Sorry if I am coming off as an idiot but I am 7 weeks out and having a rough day.

jjjohns_10
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
You look good. Post some back pics. Doesn't look like your too terribly high BF wise, but if you're gonna do it you need to start NOW, and you need to do keto to get there in time your gonna have to suffer to make it. Pretty safe to say that an average prep should be 16 weeks, you've got some ground to make up fast. Looks like the legs have some decent size, upper body looks decently proportionate as well; not bad. Get a posing coach

tammyp
02-21-2010, 03:07 PM
good solid base for a first show!

the mighty stu
02-21-2010, 03:17 PM
You look a bit tighter in the front shot than in the other two, but I certainly think you can be ready in 11 weeks if you seriously buckle down and do everything correctly. I think you have a pretty decent amount of LBM, which means that you can probably diet on a higher number of cals and still drop at a decent pace. I say go for it, what have you got to lose? :)

S

AVBG
02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
You're a beast but probably a month behind already. Take some time to plan an attack analyze your weaknesses.

Dan Kennedy
02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Good base but as mentioned already you are starting late. Time to hit it hard. Keep us posted with progress pics.
Dan

babybull
02-22-2010, 10:29 AM
BIG ASS QUADS!

Im jealous

joedemarco
02-22-2010, 12:26 PM
You have a great base and will do well competing. However, I think 11 weeks is not enough time from what I see. Why rush it. Pick another show where you can commit to a good solid 16 week prep. Good luck!

J Franco
02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Great structure and size. More time would be needed to really knock em out. I would hate to see you lose size just to make a show.

FYI, I live right in Bucks County, and train the promoter of that show!

KEVDIESEL
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
bro u got a solid base, thick and strong. great quads.

IL WNBF Pro
02-22-2010, 09:13 PM
You have a great base and will do well competing. However, I think 11 weeks is not enough time from what I see. Why rush it. Pick another show where you can commit to a good solid 16 week prep. Good luck!

Couldnt agree more. Get your bodyfat done. Divide total lbs. of fat by 1.75 and you will see what the MINIMUM amount of weeks needed to diet for a show without panic.

AVBG
02-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Couldnt agree more. Get your bodyfat done. Divide total lbs. of fat by 1.75 and you will see what the MINIMUM amount of weeks needed to diet for a show without panic.

good advice(s)

MusclesMarinara
02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
holy shit your quads are crazy lol

i dont think 11 weeks is enough though, especially for a first competition.

lets see some back shots.

JayBezel
02-25-2010, 02:34 PM
wow i havent checked this b/c i had some family issues to deal with and i cant believe all the positive responses! i posted up the pics asking 4 advice b/c ive never competed and want to do a show but not for the sake of just doing it i want to win....overall everybody seems to think that 11 weeks is to soon so im gonna look into when some mroe local shows are and try to hit 1 later in the summer i guess

JayBezel
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Great structure and size. More time would be needed to really knock em out. I would hate to see you lose size just to make a show.

FYI, I live right in Bucks County, and train the promoter of that show!
where in bucks? im always looking 4 somebodys brain to pick abotu my diet, training, etc...

JayBezel
02-25-2010, 02:38 PM
holy shit your quads are crazy lol

i dont think 11 weeks is enough though, especially for a first competition.

lets see some back shots.
ill try to get some back shots up this week...i didnt get to train back last week b/c of all my shit goin at home but ill be hitting that on fri so ill try to get pics by the weekend

J Franco
02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
where in bucks? im always looking 4 somebodys brain to pick abotu my diet, training, etc...

Warminster. Feel free to email me at [email protected] and check out www.teamfrancobodybuilding.com (http://www.teamfrancobodybuilding.com) for more info too.

turkish1530
02-25-2010, 05:31 PM
You're a beast but probably a month behind already. Take some time to plan an attack analyze your weaknesses.
I would agree, you def. need more time ot get ready. You never want to rush a contest diet, you've worked hard in the offseason to add the muscle and rushing is a good way to lose a lot of ur gains.

Great quad development btw.

JayBezel
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
heres a basic day on the diet i was following to this point

430am cardio 30mins

m1- 8 eggwhites green veggies

m2- 8oz chicken or fish, 2 tbs natural PB

m3- same as m2 but sub veggies for the PB

m4- same as above

m5- 8oz chicken or fish with 50g carbs from sweet potato/brown rice/oatmeal

pre workout shake....5g bcaa, 5g creatine mono, sea salt, glycerol, crystal light

m6- post....50g iso...50g simple carbs

i also take a mutli twice a day, fish oil 3x a day, a b complex, ubiquinol, and digestve enzymes during the day the help my body w/ the fish

help would be appreciated...honestly i didnt really feel like the diet was that effective by i was eating basicallu nothing as far as fats and carbs go...my protein was 300g a day to keep me from losing to much muscle but usually if im offseason ill have 400+ of pro so i dont know if that makes a diff or not

tammyp
02-27-2010, 06:49 AM
i would pick a later show....unless you can drop quickly, but as a nattie...i just dont think its possible

BigM123
02-27-2010, 04:53 PM
i think if you do a keto diet and two sessions of 45 Min's cardio a day one in the am one in the pm you can make it in time. you have a great structure and base Good luck bros.

JayBezel
02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
to be honest i really havent looked into the keto diet...to me it seems like it would burn up a good bit of muscle if ur a nattie....if thats the case idk if its for me....i knwo shows are abotu conditioning but why spend all that $$ in the offseason eating to build lbm if you're gonna burn it during prep and not show it on stage....has anyone thats posted in this thread done a keto diet....if so do u have a journal that i could chekc out? i dont have a problem doing research if natties have done it succesfully w/o burning up muscle

JayBezel
02-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Warminster. Feel free to email me at [email protected] and check out www.teamfrancobodybuilding.com (http://www.teamfrancobodybuilding.com) for more info too.

i live in pottstown in montgomery county...i actually did some work at the walmart remodel right there on boot rd & jacksonville rd