PDA

View Full Version : 21 year old....2010 Jr Nationals Prep

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey guys. My name is Santi Aragon from Miami, Fl. I'm 21 years old and 17 weeks out of 2010 Jr Nationals. I competed in the 2008 Teen and Collegiate Nationals winning both of my classes. I took a long year and a half off to finish some school work and decided that its time to hit the stage again. I'm working with Yano Garcia who has competed in varies National Level shows including 2009 Nationals.

I am looking for a sponsor this year. This can help with my expenses considering I am a full time student and trying to get ready for a show too.

Here are some pics 17 weeks out. 178lbs. I will post pictures about every 4 weeks.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/Relaxed.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/QuarterTurnRight.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/RearRelaxed.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/QuarterTurnLeft.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/FrontDoubleBi.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/LatSpread.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/SideChest.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/SideTri.jpg

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 01:58 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/RearDoubleBi.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/RearLatSpread.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/AbsandThighs.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/qbanbreaker91/MostMuscular.jpg

Scoobysnacks
02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
damn dude very impressive at 21. We'll be in the same class probably, I plan to be a welterweight, I assume you do too. Perhaps you plan to be higher, but at 178 I figure you will be too.

Great shape, symmetry and your posing is good. Otherwise you just need to be shredded enough.

Keep us posted with new pics as you go along.

Ss

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 02:04 PM
thanks man. not sure on what class ill be in. I decided to put my scale in the garage so it doesnt play mind games on me this year lol. my prep is usually 12 weeks but im bumping it 17-16 weeks out.

when did you compete last? and what show?

Youngguns
02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Are you entering a natural show?

Your legs are your obvious strong points with your back being your obvious weak point. How long have you been training?

k-dawg
02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
you look awsome bro...How tall are you? natty? any insight on what the diets gonna look like?....good luck bro, you can do damage

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 02:59 PM
No. I'm doing Jr nationals in june. I have made a big improvement on my back knowing its a weak area. Ive been training for bodybuilding since 2008.

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm 5'5''. Which gives me a slight advantage at my weight class unless someone next to me is like 5'3'' lol...No idea how my diet is gonna look. But my trainer would kill me if i posted it up here anyways lol

Conrad
02-21-2010, 03:29 PM
You should do great and look awesome bro.

jamwithtupac
02-21-2010, 06:02 PM
you look very impressive for 21 !!, good symmetry and proportion!!

what do you use to shave your bodyhair?

Scoobysnacks
02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
thanks man. not sure on what class ill be in. I decided to put my scale in the garage so it doesnt play mind games on me this year lol. my prep is usually 12 weeks but im bumping it 17-16 weeks out.

when did you compete last? and what show?

Hey bud, I did juniors last year as a lightweight, finished 6th out of 16, eh. I did the GNC Central Indiana two weeks prior and won my class and took 3rd in the overall behind two other national level competitors. Those were my last two shows.

I hear you on the scale thing Im still hoping to make lightweight, but being as Im sitting at 183 morning weight and in about the same condition you are in now Im more incline to think welter, but we'll see. Just want to be properly conditioned and let it go from there.

Good Luck to you and look forward to competing with ya, you are gonna be tough.

Ss

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks Jason. Just took a look at your pictures from junior nats last year. You got classic proportions going on and great hams from the side. good luck with your prep.

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
you look very impressive for 21 !!, good symmetry and proportion!!

what do you use to shave your bodyhair?

lol ill take that as sarcasm. It literally takes me forever to shave so i dont like to do it. Just before show time

jamwithtupac
02-21-2010, 07:41 PM
lol ill take that as sarcasm. It literally takes me forever to shave so i dont like to do it. Just before show time

lol no it actually was a genuine question, I need to shave hair for a first potential comp myself, was looking at razors but I think the bodygroom electric shaver seems best and easy, lol

Scoobysnacks
02-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks Jason. Just took a look at your pictures from junior nats last year. You got classic proportions going on and great hams from the side. good luck with your prep.

Thanks Santi, Ill be updating my journal on here too, stop by if you like. Like any of us Im just trying to bring the best I can this year and hopefully show the improvements Ive made.

I look forward to following along in here.

Ss

qbanbreaker91
02-21-2010, 08:58 PM
lol no it actually was a genuine question, I need to shave hair for a first potential comp myself, was looking at razors but I think the bodygroom electric shaver seems best and easy, lol

I usually just use a razor. Ill do like lower half one day and upper half the next day about a day before i start applying the tan before the show

Maryland Muscle
02-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Damn..21. Looking good man. I'll be following along.

qbanbreaker91
02-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Damn..21. Looking good man. I'll be following along.

Thanks man ill be posting every 4 weeks or so...hows was the weather these last couple of weeks in maryland?? lol hell i presume

Maryland Muscle
02-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks man ill be posting every 4 weeks or so...hows was the weather these last couple of weeks in maryland?? lol hell i presume

Cool. I'm not in Maryland right now, I go to Ohio University so I've been in Athens for 1.5month now. Thank God for that. Last time I was home 1 week before christmas we had 2 feet. Couldn't make it to the gym b/c the roads were bad for a day, I decided to take some BCAAs and Pre-workout supp and shoveled my driveway took me 4.5 hours. Eh, I burned calories that day. lol. Snow really screws up you schedule.

Con
02-22-2010, 12:59 PM

Where do you come off asking questions such as this?!
If he wanted to compete in a natural fed then he would compete in a natural fed otherwise why in the world do you think he would post up pictures of him self and admit to breaking the law FFS use your head!

Superb physique bro good luck, you obviously kept on top of your diet and training during your year off and this is hard i know from having the same experience.

jamwithtupac
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I usually just use a razor. Ill do like lower half one day and upper half the next day about a day before i start applying the tan before the show

cool cheers, I started shaving my thighs today for the first time ever just to test out the waters, and felt good, didnt feel burns or anything so sticking to a razor plus its cheaper than buying an electric shaver too! cheers

GottaGetLean
02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
sick legs bro:beerbang:

qbanbreaker91
02-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Where do you come off asking questions such as this?!
If he wanted to compete in a natural fed then he would compete in a natural fed otherwise why in the world do you think he would post up pictures of him self and admit to breaking the law FFS use your head!

Superb physique bro good luck, you obviously kept on top of your diet and training during your year off and this is hard i know from having the same experience.

HAHA thanks for clearing that one for me...i wasnt too sure how i was gonna answer that question.

Yea it was pretty tough keeping in mind that i wanted to gain some muscle but not let my belly and condition get out of whack. I would hate to get way too heavy and know later on i have alot of work ahead of me to shed all of it.

Steve56
02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Dude..mad props, great physique at such a young age...great quads, thick hams..best of luck with your prep bro

MusclesMarinara
02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
lookin good bro, especially for 21. keep that waist small and youll do well. keep workin on that back.

ill be following.

The Big Sexy
02-23-2010, 07:11 PM

Your legs are your obvious strong points with your back being your obvious weak point. How long have you been training?

Agree here. Looks good and thick - the back isn't bad, it just isn't caught up to the rest of his body. I know the feeling on that lol

The Big Sexy
02-23-2010, 07:12 PM
To answer YG's question - he is prepping for Jr.Nats - which, is in the NPC and is a non-tested competition.

SlimTim
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Odd question, but did Chris Garver do your tattoo?

qbanbreaker91
02-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Odd question, but did Chris Garver do your tattoo?

ha! yes he sure did about 4 years ago

kenbo213
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey brother, i'm wondering if you perform deadlifts? and if so, are they somewhat a complication?

joedemarco
02-24-2010, 11:05 AM
You have great proportions and overall thickness. You will do very well. Wise choice to get rid of the scale for now.

qbanbreaker91
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey brother, i'm wondering if you perform deadlifts? and if so, are they somewhat a complication?
yes i perform them in my back routine. somewhat of a straight leg deadlift without really targeting the hams. i dont go all the way to the floor. Just let the bar get to knee height then back up.

qbanbreaker91
02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
You have great proportions and overall thickness. You will do very well. Wise choice to get rid of the scale for now.
thanks bro. i need to get my midsection up to par like the one from your picture!

kenbo213
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
yes i perform them in my back routine. somewhat of a straight leg deadlift without really targeting the hams. i dont go all the way to the floor. Just let the bar get to knee height then back up.

Just asking, since i am your height , and i always wonder if it is only me that has it bad for deadlifting.... though i do not have the bio mechanics to lift impressive numbers, i love the exercise. Thanks for the response bro.

fltallpaul
02-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Hey Santi...I have seen you at a couple shows in the last two years. I live in Orlando and did Deke's Mid Florida in 2008 which I believe you were at, I have also attended a few shows like the Lakeland and Florida States. I remember your physique from each show, you always stand out. Very well rounded and great presentation. I look forward to seeing how you do at Nationals.

Will you be competing in any other local shows this year?

qbanbreaker91
02-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Hey Santi...I have seen you at a couple shows in the last two years. I live in Orlando and did Deke's Mid Florida in 2008 which I believe you were at, I have also attended a few shows like the Lakeland and Florida States. I remember your physique from each show, you always stand out. Very well rounded and great presentation. I look forward to seeing how you do at Nationals.

Will you be competing in any other local shows this year?

Hey Paul, yea i did the mid Florida in 08 as well as the southern states. Thanks for the compliments. As far as doing local shows I'm not too sure? Here is the issue: By winning teenage nationals in 2008 I was under the impression that I am nationally qualified for 2 years. I looked at the qualifications for eligibility for Jr Nationals and it states that the last show that I must compete at has to be latest Jan 1st 2009. I'm not sure if its a type-oh BUT I am under the impression that your qualified for 2 years. Not 1.

I will for certain be doing a guest posing spot the weekend after the Jr Nationals show at the Npc Miami show. I will be still in contest condition then so im very excited about showing all my friends, family and fans what I brought to Jr nats this year.

Scoobysnacks
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey Paul, yea i did the mid Florida in 08 as well as the southern states. Thanks for the compliments. As far as doing local shows I'm not too sure? Here is the issue: By winning teenage nationals in 2008 I was under the impression that I am nationally qualified for 2 years. I looked at the qualifications for eligibility for Jr Nationals and it states that the last show that I must compete at has to be latest Jan 1st 2009. I'm not sure if its a type-oh BUT I am under the impression that your qualified for 2 years. Not 1.

I will for certain be doing a guest posing spot the weekend after the Jr Nationals show at the Npc Miami show. I will be still in contest condition then so im very excited about showing all my friends, family and fans what I brought to Jr nats this year.

NPC rules changed recently. Its the rest of the year you qualified in plus 1. There is no longer 2 years. I'm pretty sure you need to requalify.

qbanbreaker91
02-26-2010, 03:16 PM
NPC rules changed recently. Its the rest of the year you qualified in plus 1. There is no longer 2 years. I'm pretty sure you need to requalify.

yes just spoke to someone and they told me i need to re qualify. What a bummer. guess im gonna do southern states in july then head straight to the USA's from there. Not such a bad compromise