PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Bodybuilding with a social life?

Costco77
02-22-2010, 02:49 AM
Hey guys, I wouldn't consider myself a beginer bodybuilder although it's only been a year since I started. I've been going all out for a year with cooking, nutirition, supplementation, and of course training...my goal is to someday compete, but my new obsession with bodybuilding has really affected my social life, i'm not going out as much anymore beacuse i'm always worried about rest and eating at least every 3.5 hours. I don't have many friends that share the same passion as me with bodybuilding so i'm just curious to hear if anybody else is has any suggestions on how to maintain a good social life.

I just bought a meal replacement protein powder that will make things easier, but still I got to carry around a shaker cup with protein in it every where i go. lol. and there's no way I wan't to be the guy carrying around tuperware of food to parties..that's just rediculous. I also don't want to be spending my money on fast food and always eating out.

I would beleive that there are other people going through the same situation so I would really appreciate some advice. Thanks!

GirlyMuscle
02-22-2010, 03:40 AM
LOL..yep...almost all of us are teh same way. You're not alone.

sassy69
02-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Live it every day. Forget the shaker, I carry a full cooler w/ me every day + emergency protein bars, baggies of almonds and extra protein powder & dry oatmeal stashed all over the place. You get good at shoveling down the next scheduled meal before anyone can make a comment about it. Going out, I used to keep a protein shaker, jug of water and a tub of protein mix in the trunk of the car so I could go out at some point in the night & get a meal if I needed it. A few times that might even be breakfast if we hit "Afterhours". Rarely actually drank tho. If I did it would be something like Diet Coke + Vodka. Not the best tasting stuff but min cals & sugar and one would last a while because it didn't taste all the great. It was better if they had cherry or raspberry vodka. If I was gonna get wild, I'd go for the rum & diet Coke.

Welcome to the lifestyle :)

AVBG
02-22-2010, 06:06 AM
LOL, I sooo am like Sassy! I have 4 meals lined up whenever I go anywhere, I got a cooler for the car that plugs into the cigarette lighter. As much as you don't think so at the moment, you'll make significant gains when you can control those types of things.

When out, don't draw any unwarranted attention to yourself, don't start conversations in regards to bodybuilding to non bodybuilding friends or family which don't support your choices. Simply put don't make a big deal of what you're doing and no one will make a big deal of what YOU do.

anabolic fyre
02-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Lol i gotta agree with yous, you gotta just say fuck it and bring the food wherever you go, fuck what people think, if they got somtin to say then be like yea well thats why you dont look like me lol. Thats wat i say.
As far as the parties go, i would always bring like 2 shaker bottles with protein and oats in it, and wen it was time to eat i would be like brb guys and run out to my car fill up the shaker drink it in like 2 minutes chew some gum and head back to the party, its really not that hard, give it a try if you dont want to bring chicken and tupawear lol.

Costco77
02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all of you comments guys. It's great advice!