PDA

View Full Version : tentative plan to train while in Columbus

gman
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Ed Cook's not sure about 9 am Saturday yet. It depends on his Cellucor booth duties, but hopefully he can go too.

I would like any and all masters to meet anytime from 9am on at a gym centrally located, a hardcore one if possible.

If anyone has any ideas up there, post them up and we can get a consensus.

I can't find anything when I google that even looks worth a damn

gman
02-22-2010, 03:57 PM
this looks promising...west of the downtown area...Grove City

http://powershackfitness.com/php/index.php

you can go here and click "view the grove city picture gallery"

http://powershackfitness.com/php/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=35

Baldiewonkanobi
02-22-2010, 04:02 PM
If I were to go to Columbus I would get up a half hour early and train at the ultimate badazz facility in the USA......

http://www.westside-barbell.com/ :yep:

I have their Ts, belts, chains, whips, pulleys, etc. etc. Simmons is the ULTIMATE Heavy Duty guy IMO

Baldie

gman
02-22-2010, 04:03 PM
i thought you had to be able to lift 1000 lbs on the 3 big lifts to even get in

Baldiewonkanobi
02-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Send them this pic of yourself in advance...my fav Gman pic of all time.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
02-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Send them this pic of yourself in advance...my fav Gman pic of all time.

Baldie

Now THAT is fucking cool! I gotta get some chains...(minds out the gutter, peeps).

blu2xtreme
02-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Now THAT is fucking cool! I gotta get some chains...(minds out the gutter, peeps).

I thought it's usually whips and handcuffs:hypno:

Honestly until you said minds out of the gutter - I didn't go there:)

HeavyDutyGuy
02-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Thanks! Now you have my mind in the gutter! And chains are very handy..

MsGuns
02-23-2010, 01:37 AM
dayum I need to step up my training...

AnglicanBeachParty
02-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I hope to make it out for this training.

Check out this thread/post.

The gym recommended (Gold's, I think, but does not appear on the Gold's Gym website) is at:

5346 N Hamilton Rd, Columbus

Sledge
02-23-2010, 08:58 AM
word of caution when training in cbus. GM and I trained at Ballys Gym. And I ended up on the bench next to Jeannie Paparone who was quite casualy executing perfect form flys with weights very close to the numbers I was pressing.

fatbackgoal
02-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I belong to another board and they are having workouts at night at this gym which is downtown and very close to the convention center.

Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Forgot to mention it has tons of free weight, hammer strength and db's. Upper level has cardio overlooking the gym floor. A good gym with a good atmosphere.

gman
02-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I vote for Metro Fitness...the Gold's is pretty far up to the northeast of downtown, and since I have to drive downtown to pick up Ed Cook, it seems logical just to stay down there and train

Metro Fitness is only a few blocks away from the action.

If I hear no big objections, let's plan on meeting there 8:30-9a on Saturday and hit it hard!

freebirdmac
02-25-2010, 09:40 AM
If anyone wants a $5 off coupon for versa grips (purchase at the Arnold), let me know! I have only one coupon.

fatbackgoal
02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
If anyone wants a $5 off coupon for versa grips (purchase at the Arnold), let me know! I have only one coupon.

I am hoping they have a better deal at the show than just $5 off.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Warning...if there is not a camera for that training session and pics posted I am taking my thread back over to BB.com

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I vote for Metro Fitness...the Gold's is pretty far up to the northeast of downtown, and since I have to drive downtown to pick up Ed Cook, it seems logical just to stay down there and train

If I hear no big objections, let's plan on meeting there 8:30-9a on Saturday and hit it hard!

Sounds good!

Warning...if there is not a camera for that training session and pics posted I am taking my thread back over to BB.com

Baldie

Yes, sir!

blu2xtreme
02-25-2010, 10:54 AM

Baldie

I am going ...so there will be plenty of pics ...promise :yep:

Capt_lou
02-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Just a suggestion since this is my 4th Arnold. Metro fitness is a huge hot spot for everyone to go to while they are there and good luck even getting in at 9am on Saturday. My advice is picking something that is 15-20 min from downtown and just working out there. Remember there is 100K other people that want to get in a workout also on Saturday morning.

gman
02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
making a trip from the hotel (by the airport), to pick up Ed downtown, then drive 20 minutes to the gym, workout for 90 minutes, and then 20 minutes back to drop off Ed, then get back to the hotel to take my wife to get her flight is going to be extremely difficult!

If someone else can take him, I am fine, otherwise I will have to stand in line at Metro!

freebirdmac
02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
I am hoping they have a better deal at the show than just $5 off.

Dunno. They sent me a coupon that can only be used at the Arnold.

Sledge
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I was going to pick up an extra pair of versa grips at the Arnold in 2008. They were charging more at the Arnold than they were charging on line. So I took my money across the isle and got a sheik belt instead.