PDA

View Full Version : Immune system & cycle

K0rupt3d
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
So iv been getting infections very easy I know its from my cycle it only happens when im on. Right now im on Test prop 700mg a week for 8 weeks and abombs for 6 weeks(Im on week 5). I got a respiratory infection 3 weeks ago the doc put me on levaquin 250mg a day told me if It comes back (like it has) or if I get another infection anytime soon hes going to run tests. So I have an apointment tomorrow I obviously cant tell him im on. What would u guys do? Anyone had this problem?

Warped
02-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Mine gets weaker when I go off. When I`m on I never get sick,just a little test flu that`s it.

K0rupt3d
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Anyone know if test or anything will mess with immune system or antibodys shit like that? Id like to read some shit on this.

MaxC
02-22-2010, 07:28 PM
There is a large amount of data indicating that anabolic steroids may have some effect(s) on modulating the immune system. As with most potential side effects, this is largely dose and compound dependant. There is strong evidence that different analogues produce vastly different effects on the immune system. Testosterone and certain analogues have been shown to be possibly immunosuppressive, while Nandrolone and other steroids are possibly immunostimulating. Both, however, have been found to be beneficial when given to AIDS patients, who clearly have an already compromised immune system. This is because the increase in lean body mass that those steroids can provide is consistent with an enhanced ability to fight off infections, enhanced survival rates, and a better quality of life.

(1.Int J Immunopharmacol. 1995 Nov;17(11):857-63. 2. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1990 Sep;37(1):71-6 3. AIDS. 1996 Jun;10(7):745-52. 4. Journal of Neuroimmunology 83 1998, 162-67.)

It is also thought that a depressed immune system due to these compounds can contribute to acne, for some, while on a cycle.

MaxC
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Also, as you mentioned, there are many different componenets to the immune system. Some people have postulated that components more responsible for immunity of the skin and mucosal surfaces, the Antibodies IgM, IgG, and IgA are downregulated. Whereas NK cells which prevent tumor formation, and viruses, and some bacteria are regulated up. Macrophages are also a component of the innate immune system that maybe upregulated. If this were the case, then downregulated IgA would certainly predispose you to Upper respiratory infections since it is largely responsible for mucosal immunity. But your URI could also be Viral, so I am not sure where that leaves us.

Some people mention having test flu. This could be due to increased cytokine release from macrophages, which are also a part of the innate immune response, and are primarily responsible for engulfing foreign particles and releasing molecules that recruit other immune cells to the area, and also these cytokine signalling molecules also produce fever. Also, the very activity of these cells can often produce heat, as their metabolism is often anaerobic, because when they are embedded in tissues or sites of inflammation, they are not in contact with O2.

MaxC
02-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Google and Wikipedia help you understand articles you find on PubMed or other sources.

K0rupt3d
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the info I understand now how it happens is there any way to try to prevent this from happening? I’ve been taking vit C about 4gs throughout the day with my multi vit and B12 complex.

And actually my next cycle in 6 weeks will be Test E Dbol and Npp. Do you have any info on NPP and deca possibly being immunostimulating?

big nut
02-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Anyone know if test or anything will mess with immune system or antibodys shit like that? Id like to read some shit on this.

i asked this same question a couple months ago in a thread. i had been sick off and on for like 12 weeks, all of which i was on my first hrt cycle.

the input i got back seemed to point to no, test doesn't weaken the immune system.

ask heavy iron.