PDA

View Full Version : BB Competitors -3 pre judgings in one day?

zubbeyboy
02-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Competing in a month. I will be competing at Light Heavyweight. Never competed so will qualify to do the Novice class as well. So if i do Novice, the State Show, and the NPC Nat'l qualifier that will be 3 prejudgings in one day. Is that gonna really suck?

Con
02-22-2010, 07:15 PM
The qualifier is for guys that win their weight classes so you will be doing two classes novice and open light heavy where if you win the light heavy you get the invite to nationals. And yes even two judgings will suck.

AVBG
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
you'll probably look better as it progresses

The Big Sexy
02-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't know your protocol for what you do before you get on stage - but if any of it involves sugar/dextrose, etc - I would save that for the class you think you will do the best in or that means the most to you. Once you throw that in - I don't think you can come back as hard - especially if your next pre-judge is an hour later or so. You just don't look as "sharp"

I would suggest Karbolyn or John Scott's Cell Drive - 1 scoop in 4oz of water... drink 1/2 about 15-20 min before you hit the stage, and then the other 1/2 after - to recover from the posing you just got done doing ON stage... it takes a lot out of you!!! :)

GirlyMuscle
02-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I did two in one show. It was cool. It's not like there's call outs and stuff.

zubbeyboy
02-22-2010, 08:03 PM
The qualifier is for guys that win their weight classes so you will be doing two classes novice and open light heavy where if you win the light heavy you get the invite to nationals. And yes even two judgings will suck.

Not true . There is two Shows in one night, The Montana State (MT Residents only) , and the Big Sky BB Championships (Nat'l Q) .
So id have to do prejudging
once in Novice (MT State)
once in Open Class (MT State)
once in Open Class ( Big Sky NPC)

Followin me or am i all messed up?

zubbeyboy
02-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't know your protocol for what you do before you get on stage - but if any of it involves sugar/dextrose, etc - I would save that for the class you think you will do the best in or that means the most to you. Once you throw that in - I don't think you can come back as hard - especially if your next pre-judge is an hour later or so. You just don't look as "sharp"

I would suggest Karbolyn or John Scott's Cell Drive - 1 scoop in 4oz of water... drink 1/2 about 15-20 min before you hit the stage, and then the other 1/2 after - to recover from the posing you just got done doing ON stage... it takes a lot out of you!!! :)

Palumbo has been my coach for the show. Not sure what his protocol will be TBS but any input is greatly appreciated.

The Big Sexy
02-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Palumbo has been my coach for the show. Not sure what his protocol will be TBS but any input is greatly appreciated.

Ah - well, I don't want to step on toes my man. When i prepped - I used carb cycling - a little different strategy than Dave's - but some of the principles over-lap for sure.

zubbeyboy
02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Ah - well, I don't want to step on toes my man. When i prepped - I used carb cycling - a little different strategy than Dave's - but some of the principles over-lap for sure.

CORRECTION i meant any input on show prep other than diet. Dave has been a GREAT diet coach. From 240# now at 197#. Daves diet kicks ass !!!

the mighty stu
02-27-2010, 10:25 AM
My first show, I had comparisons for the Novice Heavyweights, then right back out for the Masters 35+, then again for the Open class,.. and then later on, had to compare yet again (and posedown) for the Novice Open,.. so 4 rounds of mandatories! (I was ready to pass out -lol). I will say that upon watching a video of the show, I did appear fuller as the show progressed. Not sure if it was all the flexing, or if it was because I was ingesting carbs all day long.

S

tammyp
02-27-2010, 02:53 PM
I did two in one show. It was cool. It's not like there's call outs and stuff.

maybe not a small class, but i have judged many shows where they have call outs in a class bigger than 10 or 12.