PDA

View Full Version : Litte Under 4 weeks out

Jaredmus
02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
this is me a little under 4 weeks out from my show filmed last night, just picked cardio up to 30 mins on sunday, im a natty 18 year old teen competing in teens and open middle INBF Norhtern states super natural in buffalo
YouTube- Jared Petrassi a little Under 4 weeks out INBF NSSN

AVBG
02-23-2010, 05:59 PM
1.Good structure
2. Conditioning is on target
3. Will do damage in the teen class
4. Might get lost in the open class (too tall)
5. What's with the sideways video?
6. The music is woefull

MusclesMarinara
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
conditioning looks pretty good bro, youll do well in teens like said above. sucks your tall (like me) and my neck kinda hurts now so thanks lol jk.

how tall are you btw?

Jaredmus
02-23-2010, 07:21 PM
yeah im 5"11 idk how much i weigh now just using the mirror, but yeah im hoping to hang condition in the open but I am to tall, but as of now looks like im putting on 15lbs of stage weight plus better condition
YouTube- Jared Petrassi NPC Long Island 2009
this was from last june so this is less then a year of progress I did my best to come in bigger and better condition

MusclesMarinara
02-23-2010, 07:50 PM
you definately put on some size, and your posing has improved compared to the video u just posted. wide back!

Jaredmus
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
you definately put on some size, and your posing has improved compared to the video u just posted. wide back!
thanks man i really appreciate the pos feedback im just another youngster busting his ass in the gym positive feedback feels good haha negative just pushes me harder though you guys know the feeling

Scoobysnacks
02-23-2010, 08:56 PM
pull your trunk straps up so it "V" in the front. Check out my thread and you will see what I mean.

Also are you doing a NON NPC show? I ask because the side relaxed cant be hit that way unless you are doing a national show, at the lower levels they make you keep both arms at your side.

GENESIS
02-23-2010, 09:04 PM
do you workout your abs?

Jaredmus
02-23-2010, 09:05 PM
do you workout your abs?
just curious to know why? and then ill answer lol

GENESIS
02-23-2010, 09:06 PM
it just doesnt look like there is much muscluar development there...

my guess is you havent worked them in a while.

Jaredmus
02-23-2010, 09:08 PM
it just doesnt look like there is much muscluar development there...

my guess is you havent worked them in a while.
i do work them they are just funny looking its what everyone tells me, their actually super veiny, im hitting them hard twice a week now, been hitting them hard for past 6 weeks. and really going nut next 3 weeks

AVBG
02-23-2010, 09:10 PM
That abdominal thickness takes time to develop just like any other muscle group.. It will happen when the rest of him thickens up.

Why the multiple threads J?

Jaredmus
02-23-2010, 09:12 PM
That abdominal thickness takes time to develop just like any other muscle group.. It will happen when the rest of him thickens up.

Why the multiple threads J?
idk more people to comment, didnt quite now how many people come in the contest prep section wanted all the critics to come out and tell me what they think so i know what to work on everyone has diff opinions and views and want to here it all

AVBG
02-23-2010, 10:57 PM
idk more people to comment, didnt quite now how many people come in the contest prep section wanted all the critics to come out and tell me what they think so i know what to work on everyone has diff opinions and views and want to here it all

just focus on being your best J, you have a tonne of potential yet to be realized.. Don't attention whore yourself across to many forums, please remember to read and understand more than you post and you'll get all the kudos you deserve brother.

beggs_05
02-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Posing looks significantly better since the last vid I saw. The transitions between poses still need a little work but you're definitely on track I think. Good luck

Jaredmus
02-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Posing looks significantly better since the last vid I saw. The transitions between poses still need a little work but you're definitely on track I think. Good luck
Thanks so much
AVBG i know this is the last post until my show
as of now all i want to do is win, but I made enough progress this year that I am def more confident and satisfied with thee changes in my physique so as a whole its a win/win for me up to this point, and im going to the arnold next week

axioma
02-24-2010, 08:44 AM
just focus on being your best J, you have a tonne of potential yet to be realized.. Don't attention whore yourself across to many forums, please remember to read and understand more than you post and you'll get all the kudos you deserve brother.

well put. Lots of potential, still very raw, but that is what you build on. Keep it up.

axioma
02-24-2010, 08:52 AM
yeah im 5"11 idk how much i weigh now just using the mirror, but yeah im hoping to hang condition in the open but I am to tall, but as of now looks like im putting on 15lbs of stage weight plus better condition
YouTube- Jared Petrassi NPC Long Island 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsHYLDSHMo4)
this was from last june so this is less then a year of progress I did my best to come in bigger and better condition

You are tall and lean. As such, you might want to tailor your posing for your strengths and minimize your lankiness. Set up your poses and NAIL them. Move to another and nail it. Don't worry about showmanship right now, just master the poses and nail them long enough to show something. Don't move your arms in and out on the front double bicep, makes you look like Gumby! Try not to stand so bowlegged, check out the way Vince Gironda would stand on some shots. Does the music inspire you? If not, dump it. I know everyone has different taste in music, but that music didn't build to anything, no payoff! Take this criticism positively as I love to see the new generation doing this, especially natty!

fltallpaul
02-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Tall can be to your advantage if you are symmetrical and pose well, take it from a lanky 6'3" guy who has done pretty well. Anytime your hands are away from your body your going to look lanky so minimize this. During posedowns focus on side chest\side Tri, most muscular, abs\thighs...these poses allow you to keep your hands close and your body appearing more dense if your learn them right.

Great progress, keep us updated. I look forward to seeing your results.

Wiry Pyruvity
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
looks good. fluidity will come in time. i recommend standing vertically however...