PDA

View Full Version : MD slipping by the minute..

lastrep
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
It's like a bad accident.. you can't help but watch!

First they bailed on their radio show with about 5 minutes notice.. let's see if it comes on next week.

Second.. still awaiting their Kai video series for the Arnold.. that is actually the only thing that is getting my attention to visit that place. I doubt it will be released as promised.. and far from "daily videos of Kai" as they claim.

Anyways.. would be nice to get some road to Arnold series here.. Dave did a great job with the real-personal inside videos like going over the Kai's house for his daily real-life routine.

:D

BILLY GUNS
02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Robbie Durand does not know how to edit videos...so how can they claim to have videos to put up without someone qualified to do so?

Chomyboy
02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
It's hard to answer the question "what's wrong" when nothings right.

Nic Brunicardi
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
It's kind of sad in a way - but hey, you reap what you sow!

TeenBBVA
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
goodbye MD!

kraken
02-10-2009, 05:03 PM
It was getting boring for some time. That's mainly why I stopped posting for a while. I went back and all hell had broke loose. Shame.

fitQuest
Fuck md!!

smvmuscle
funny posted a thread over at MDabout 20 min ago regarding this very subject.....

just said its kinda weird not a lot of new posts and most of the new threads are by people who work for MD.....not a lot of community memebers involved? :confused:

im glad im here and love the new site and new radio show its great :D

Wiry Pyruvity
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
saw that post was gone within 5 min....i feel sorry for Durand...who wants a promotion under these kinds of circumstances?

dannybwoii
02-10-2009, 05:07 PM
i was only hanging around to see the kai video but it seems they can't even get that sorted.

i hope dave puts together some good videos like he did back on MD, that would be sweet

BEAST MODE
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
There really is not activity going on over there. Except for the hand full of people that I talk to regularly, no one else is saying anything. Everyone's coming to RX!

fitQuest
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
MD has NOTHING to offer us!

They will not have a good radio show, in depth bodybuilding contest coverage, interviews, videos. Basically, they don't have shit!

All they have is Steve Buttman with his finger up his ass and everybody elses that stays with MD!!

mr.genetics
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Well you don't bite the hand that feeds you, and in this case, it was Dave and John feeding MD. It's kind of a shame in a way because the mag was great before they fucked it by firing Dave and John.

Wiry Pyruvity
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I am sure Shawn and Flex will figure it out...who knows how it'll turn out...an inferior product is still a product...there are only so many radio shows around, and I need them all because I work long, boring hours by myself...

Relentless
02-10-2009, 05:25 PM
The only reason why I would still go to MD is because I am a fan of Victor Martinez. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't care less about what went on over there. That said, they are VERY light on news about Vic's recovery and how he looks for the Arnold.

STEELERJ-XL
02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Im here Baby. I formed a relationship with these guys and I log on to MD and there Fired. My girl and I were both shocked. Im here now. I cant give loyalty to someone whos not loyal.

BEAST MODE
02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
The only reason why I would still go to MD is because I am a fan of Victor Martinez. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't care less about what went on over there. That said, they are VERY light on news about Vic's recovery and how he looks for the Arnold.

Yeah, wtf is up w/ that? Shouldn't they be covering their top athlete?

I will still read it for a handful of columns, but I'm not subscribing.

Relentless
02-10-2009, 05:30 PM
All of the quality posters are coming over here to support Dave and John.

STEELERJ-XL
02-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I just formed a relationship with the likes of Mayorofbodybuilding, Curtjames, and many others and I loved the fact that MD was HARDCORE NO BULL, And that all went out the door with Dave and John.

STEELERJ-XL
02-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I told this to John. I used to read GV's column first when my Mag arrived every month. But John's dedication to the sport and his writing abilities drew me in like an addiction......Like Steves addiction to Vics Glutes lol. I couldn't wait to read John's shit. And I dont need to say what Dave's contribution's are.

Relentless
02-10-2009, 05:40 PM
John and Dave were the "NO BULL" brand. MD may still have the name, but John and Dave exemplify the words.

wolverine565
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I just got a new suscribtion in november. I want my money back!

BullGod
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I just got a new suscribtion in november. I want my money back!
Was about to sign up for the $150 package...glad I didn't!...There was alot to love about the mag but I just couldn't take the 6 page ad, the 4 page ad..the every other fucking page is an ad...and the majority of the ads are complete bullshit that you just ignore them all together. Big thanks to John and Dave who have earned my respect and my loyalty!! Can't wait for the new podcasts!

orhochris
02-10-2009, 06:34 PM
its funny how blechman says "no Oneman is bigger than the team"
he may be right... but TWO men definitely were... that place is a ghost town... I may watch some videos if they ever get them up... but forum is crashing quick

red barraca
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
power of the people,and the word of mouth,dave john get to have the last laugh.:D

J2jud
02-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Yesterday, it was a ghost town and today is no different.

JamesWebb
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
fuck that site period

lastrep
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Yea.. kinda sad to see but at the same time SB has exactly what's coming to him for his actions..

More exciting is this place.. and what's to come.. finally some excitement again.

wnybodybuildingfan
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I think the reason for putting off the radio show is exactly what Dave said on the show last night, they are finding out how much work is involved in doing the show and haven't figured it out yet. If they wait long enough it won't matter because there won't be anyone left there to even know when it is finally going to be on! :D

Relentless
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I wonder how long it will take for most everyone to make it over to RX from MD. I bet you within a year this will be the most popular bodybuilding site on the net next to bb.com.

Sandpig
02-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I wonder how long it will take for most everyone to make it over to RX from MD. I bet you within a year this will be the most popular bodybuilding site on the net next to bb.com.

Won't take that long.

Too Bad Ron Harris writes for them, and Evan is under contract. Two good people stuck over there.

Mr.Freeze
02-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Looks like MD=Titanic II

dannybwoii
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
so much for the day by day kai vids..its 1:30AM here in the UK and there's nothing on there yet..hmm, seems like they aren't as proficient as Dave..yet Dave was slacking? WTF

baby gorilla
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
It's like a bad accident.. you can't help but watch!

First they bailed on their radio show with about 5 minutes notice.. let's see if it comes on next week.

Second.. still awaiting their Kai video series for the Arnold.. that is actually the only thing that is getting my attention to visit that place. I doubt it will be released as promised.. and far from "daily videos of Kai" as they claim.

Anyways.. would be nice to get some road to Arnold series here.. Dave did a great job with the real-personal inside videos like going over the Kai's house for his daily real-life routine.

:D

they're too busy, writing articles about how shitty palumbo's diet is, to post videos and get their radio show going.

Dee
02-10-2009, 09:19 PM
so much for the day by day kai vids..its 1:30AM here in the UK and there's nothing on there yet..hmm, seems like they aren't as proficient as Dave..yet Dave was slacking? WTF

haha yeah i just noticed there is STILL no video and they have a notice on the main page of the site saying "KAI VIDEO, FEB 10TH".....whats robbie's response "c'mon guys......it'll be good"

lol

red barraca
02-10-2009, 09:25 PM
there finding out how hard dave and john job was,yes evan kai victor branch wolf......i feel for them contract run's out john and dave need to sign at least one of them uuuuummmm.kai

Curt James
02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Im here Baby. I formed a relationship with these guys and I log on to MD and there Fired. My girl and I were both shocked. Im here now. I cant give loyalty to someone whos not loyal.

X2

Is Bill Comstock on that sinking ship? Someone throw him a life preserver!

Curt James
02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Looks like MD=Titanic II

haHA :D

I like how you think!

Curt James
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I just formed a relationship with the likes of Mayorofbodybuilding, Curtjames, and many others and I loved the fact that MD was HARDCORE NO BULL, And that all went out the door with Dave and John.

Thank you, brother.

Pencil neck?

(stretches 14" novice collar) :p

buster12
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
still no kai vid. :mad:

Youngguns
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
You know why the Titanic sunk? There were some very powerful people aboard, people who didn't want the Federal Reserve to be implimented.

Now, you and your entire nation are slaves.

Did you know the Federal Reserve is a private business? Did you know that they print money for the Govt.? They loan the money to the Govt at interest. If they printed the first dollar, how is it possible to ever repay them in full? It isn't. It's called economic slavery.

Different than traditional slavery, as in we feed and clothe ourselves, where slaves back in the day were clothed and fed for from their care givers.

Curt James
02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
power of the people,and the word of mouth,dave john get to have the last laugh.:D

Positive word of mouth for Dave, John, et al. and incredibly NEGATIVE w.o.m. for MD.

Heavy Muscle's intro talked about the truth. Well, MD's current strategy of simply erasing all negative commentary is the worst possible choice. Where's the truth in that?

And how do they expect to create any kind of trust by whacking posts, threads, and MD patrons?

Miserable imbeciles.

Curt James
02-10-2009, 09:40 PM
You know why the Titanic sunk? There were some very powerful people aboard, people who didn't want the Federal Reserve to be implimented.

Now, you and your entire nation are slaves.

Did you know the Federal Reserve is a private business? Did you know that they print money for the Govt.? They loan the money to the Govt at interest. If they printed the first dollar, how is it possible to ever repay them in full? It isn't. It's called economic slavery.

Different than traditional slavery, as in we feed and clothe ourselves, where slaves back in the day were clothed and fed for from their care givers.

God bless you, son, but they'll find your corpse in a house one day about 70 years from now surrounded by cats and conspiracy theorist clippings. :p

Curt James
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Robbie Durand does not know how to edit videos...so how can they claim to have videos to put up without someone qualified to do so?

When I hear Durand's voice? This is what I see in my mind's eye:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/kip.jpg

ROTFLMAO
02-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Well it will leave ad man more time to work on his hunted house empire.....lol

Curt James
02-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Yesterday, it was a ghost town and today is no different.

Give it some time and MD's forums will look like this:

http://www.emusclemag.net/index.php (http://www.emusclemag.net/index.php)

I'm a long-time subscriber to MuscleMag International and am glad to hear Jerry Kindela, formerly of Muscle & Fitness is working for Kennedy now. Heard Romano say they're knocking on his door, too. Would love to read some of his words there. Love the magazine, but their forum has been left for dead.

Chomyboy
02-10-2009, 10:02 PM
a year? I say in about a month.....

Chomyboy
02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Give it some time and MD's forums will look like this:

http://www.emusclemag.net/index.php (http://www.emusclemag.net/index.php)

I'm a long-time subscriber to MuscleMag International and am glad to hear Jerry Kindela, formerly of Muscle & Fitness is working for Kennedy now. Heard Romano say they're knocking on his door, too. Would love to read some of his words there. Love the magazine, but their forum has been left for dead.
how about the ladies pics and dont forgett MUSCLEHEDZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Taylor Normandeau
02-10-2009, 10:07 PM
I just bought a full year subscription to Mangina Dicktouchers....definitely not stoked bout it.

Taylor Normandeau
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Booo we're all pencilnecks....what if I'm fat I don't think that name should apply

Curt James
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM
how about the ladies pics and dont forgett MUSCLEHEDZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey, I love the print mag. Their online mag is good, but their forum (equivalent to Rx MusclePlace) is a ghost town. :(

Curt James
02-10-2009, 10:12 PM
I just bought a full year subscription to Mangina Dicktouchers....definitely not stoked bout it.

I was stoked.

Had purchased a hundred bucks of supps from the Cyberstore, got a free t-shirt, and a two-year subscription for a great price. I think I'll be paying, like, a buck sixty-seven per issue for the next year and so many months.

I won't cancel because I don't trust anyone at MD to be able to handle my refund accurately. They'd stop mailing me my issues and also NOT give me my money back.

Probably get an email with something like this as the contents:

Date you will get your money refunded: Never!

Chomyboy
02-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey, I love the print mag. Their online mag is good, but their forum (equivalent to Rx MusclePlace) is a ghost town. :(
are you telling me that bb´s dont have a SOCIAL life? arent gyms use by people to meet other people?

Taylor Normandeau
02-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I won't cancel because I don't trust anyone at MD to be able to handle my refund accurately. They'd stop mailing me my issues and also NOT give me my money back.

Probably get an email with something like this as the contents:

Date you will get your money refunded: Never!

Yeah I'm not gonna take that risk either, I guess it's still technically the best actual magazine out there....atleast it's not Flex. But I definitely wouldn't have mailed my precious coins to the cumguzzlers if I knew this would happen

Taylor Normandeau
02-10-2009, 10:15 PM
are you telling me that bb´s dont have a SOCIAL life? arent gyms use by people to meet other people?

People make me vomit

lastrep
02-10-2009, 10:21 PM
X2

Is Bill Comstock on that sinking ship? Someone throw him a life preserver!

AGREED! His skills are second to none.. get him on board RX!

APK
02-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I also noticed that they PROMISED to bring new articles related to the sport every day. Last time they put one up was 4 days ago

Chomyboy
02-10-2009, 10:27 PM
people make me vomit
serenity now..............

Taylor Normandeau
02-10-2009, 10:30 PM
serenity now..............

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

AnabolLecter75
02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Looks like my subscription to MD ran out just in time...

JWolfe
02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm sure Ron Harris will still put out some good articles that they say are from the pros so the magazine will be ok but damn every thread on the board has at least a few negative posts on it!

Dee
02-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Dont be mad because he's been chatting with hot chicks all day.

Deimos Anomaly
02-11-2009, 08:52 AM

Yup, exactly what I was thinking.

I didn't think the additional audio stuff presented by Robby is very interesting. He doesn't seem experienced or proficient at interviewing, let alone radio presentation. He doesn't respond to anything the interviewee is saying but runs down his list of questions and that's it.

And the wrestling-commentary style to those audio shows... The 'supplement review show' which is just blatant advertising... I could go on and on.

John Romano
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM

I've got news for you... If Victor loses the O again he will leave MD.