PDA

View Full Version : shoulder pain

BIGTIG
02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey guys,

I was doing chest today and I felt a sharp pain on one of my last reps. It was nagging me the whole workout but it went away afterwards. Am I injured?!?!?!

anabolic fyre
02-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Is it right under ur shoulder around ur armpit?
Like the corner of ur shoulder, upper chest and armpit??
If thats wat ur feeling its a slight pec tear, worst feeling ever. Lay off chest for a bit.

MattPT88
02-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey guys,

I was doing chest today and I felt a sharp pain on one of my last reps. It was nagging me the whole workout but it went away afterwards. Am I injured?!?!?!

Do you do equal amounts of chest and back? If you do more push than pull it can slightly pull the shoulders forward which will put great stress on the rotator cuff muscles.

So if this is the case than you should do two things. Train back with just as much intensity as chest plus throw in some external and internal shoulder rotations to strength up the rotator cuff. Mine bothers me from time to time but if I incorporate rotator cuff things it will subside.

Overtrained
02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
What part of your shoulder are you talking about? Rotator cuff, ac joint?

Wiry Pyruvity
02-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Ac joint injuries burn and sap your strength pretty fast during a workout...they are manageable...but suck

thesamewords
02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
bro listen to your body a little closer, sometimes we only notice sharp pains because we are startled by them.IMO You could have possibly had that pain the whole time and it was worsened by you bench. Take your time to listen and squeeze those muscles if you are looking for that potential injury.Good luck.

BIGTIG
02-27-2010, 12:13 PM
thanks guys i think it was my rotator cuff that was bothering me but i rested for a few days and its not sore anymore. anyone know some excerises for it?

jaykay
02-27-2010, 02:48 PM
YouTube- Rotator Cuff Exercises

Here's a few good ones that I use myself every once in a while. The guy demonstrating them doesn't exactly look like a BB, but it's a good video.

freebirdmac
02-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Read this:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/pushups_face_pulls_and_shrugs