PDA

View Full Version : Tanning tips

juggernaut
02-25-2010, 09:37 AM
I've used both Jan Tana and Pro-tan. I like the way the Pro-Tan stays on, but the sloppy application is annoying. Jan Tana has a good color, plus easy application. But it rubs off a lot during the holding time of the week.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to better the tan aside from exfoliating? More importantly, I would appreciate any ideas on how to make each product more beneficial.

And what of spray tanning? Is it enough to get it done the day off, or should I pre-tan with a spray? I dont like fake baking under lamps.

Thanks

BeachGirl
02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
I have my own Spray Tanning Machine,, I use Pro-Tan the day before the show ( early in the day) then another coat later in the day , next day use some bronzer,, NO Problem. Using ProTan with a spray machine is so much easier to apply :)

MuscleWOP
02-25-2010, 11:20 PM
im a 'liquid sun rayz' partner and they have the best color. its a new product but you only need 2 coats and its darker and dries faster than anything else out there. i used it at the Phoenix Pro this past weekend on 202 winner roc shabazz, and heavyweight winner melvin anthony and grigori atoyan, lionel beyeke, tarek elsetouhi, frank roberson and mike liberatore (he really liked the product he said, first time he;s used it).

if you have any questions about the product let me know and i will see if myself or the creator of the product marilyn spatola can answer it.

fitgirltitone
02-25-2010, 11:33 PM
I use the liquid sun rays tan as well. You can totally just get sprayed the day before the show and get the color you are wanting. The color is unlike any I have used before, I too, used Pro Tan and Jan Tana, not to say they werent good, but this color is awesome!! I have a pretty big scar on my hip that they always seem to know exactly how to minimize and shade!! The best part about it is that you can two applications at one appointment and be doen for the day!! I def highly recommend them!!

juggernaut
02-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm interested in trying the liquid sun, but I have to find someone local to do it.

MuscleWOP
02-26-2010, 12:03 PM
there is no one local to do it right now. only in ohio, florida and arizona where i am unless there is a competition in which one of us or all will be there spraying competitors. you plan on doing any competitions this year? if so which ones?

juggernaut
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
why florida would need tanning bed is kind of goofy.

DAVIDHARDY
02-26-2010, 01:08 PM
I've used both Jan Tana and Pro-tan. I like the way the Pro-Tan stays on, but the sloppy application is annoying. Jan Tana has a good color, plus easy application. But it rubs off a lot during the holding time of the week.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to better the tan aside from exfoliating? More importantly, I would appreciate any ideas on how to make each product more beneficial.

And what of spray tanning? Is it enough to get it done the day off, or should I pre-tan with a spray? I dont like fake baking under lamps.

Thanks

When you apply the protan, you can try using handi-wipes instead of the little sponge that comes with it. With the handi-wipes, a bottle will put a really nice, dark base coat on you before you apply any competition color. Helps with the cost of tanner.

juggernaut
02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
there is no one local to do it right now. only in ohio, florida and arizona where i am unless there is a competition in which one of us or all will be there spraying competitors. you plan on doing any competitions this year? if so which ones?
I'm the Atlantic States in NYC. I only have time to do one, and will be focusing back on strongman training in my offseason therein after. There is a Las Vegas show I might do, but thats provided my sponsored fighter will be out there.

MuscleWOP
02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
why florida would need tanning bed is kind of goofy.

this is a spray tanning product for cosmetic and comeptitions. plus the sun is bad for you in places like florida and arziona since it is so strong so this way you can get a spray tan which is safer than beds or outside

AVBG
02-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Tanning tips? Don't get tan on your "old fella"

juggernaut
02-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Tanning tips? Don't get tan on your "old fella"
my "old fella"?

Dominick Cardone
02-28-2010, 01:01 PM
my "old fella"?
This made me crack up laughing for some reason...

juggernaut
02-28-2010, 01:01 PM
wtf is it?? my shwag?

AVBG
02-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes, Aussie slang

juggernaut
02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Aussie....

FOSTERS Austraaaaaaailian for beeyahh!!!!

http://www.steveklotz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/fosters.jpg

Tan Man
03-02-2010, 04:58 PM
If you want to print out on 'The Tan Man's Tanning Plan'.
See www.pke.com.au (http://www.pke.com.au) products page. This info might give you an insight to the Aussie way.
TM

AVBG
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
^^
best product

tanman I will need to pick up some of the final coat at Melbourne next week, make sure you're well stocked!

Tan Man
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
^^
best product

tanman I will need to pick up some of the final coat at Melbourne next week, make sure you're well stocked!

No probs, all good. I should be at the weigh in.
TM