PDA

View Full Version : Work Clothes

LisaRD23
02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
I have such a hard time find professional attire. What really sucks is that I have all these awesome outlet stores near me like Anne Klien, Tahari, Annie Sez, etc... but thier suits do not fit me right.

Most of the time the smallest size they have is a 4. The bottoms will fit my hips and legs but the wait will be too big, and I could never find pettite. So I end up with big...and long bottoms. Skirts look like bells, and I feel like I borrowed my "mom's" suit.

I find decent pants at stores like mandees since they general sell smaller sizes...but I need to keep nice suits in my closet for meeting and work events.

Where do you girls shop for work clothes?

SallyAnne
02-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Victoria's Secret makes suit separates with stretch pants. They have several styles of pant - I like the Christie Fit the best. I have a whole closet full of these pants in every color as well as jackets. (I used to wear a suit every day to work).

These are the only dress pants I can wear because of my legs and booty.

LisaRD23
02-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I never thought of VS...I'll take a look. I guess I can allways just hem the bottom if they don't sell "short"

SallyAnne
02-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I never thought of VS...I'll take a look. I guess I can allways just hem the bottom if they don't sell "short"

they sell short! No hemming needed!

LisaRD23
02-25-2010, 09:57 AM
they sell short! No hemming needed!

You made my day:)

SallyAnne
02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Yay!

Their jeans fit well, too.

Melissa
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I tend to do well with the Express stretch Editor style pants. Also, their dress shirts are made of stretchy material, and I can usually pull those off too.

Of course, as SallyAnne mentioned, VS is another staple in my work wardrobe.

LisaRD23
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
I checked out express...but unless they have a sale it's rather expensive to put a whole suit together. I guess that's pretty much the same with VS...need the sales!

I've tried Marshall's & TJ Max for the discount on brands, but by the time I get there I usually can't find my size.