PDA

View Full Version : My next contest diet! So much food. So little time!

Quadsweep
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
#1 - 12 oz chicken breast, 8 egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 1-1/2 cup oats (that's before cooking).

Meal #2 - 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 heaping TBS almond butter, 4 scoops protein powder.

Meal #3 - 12 oz lean beef o...r chicken, 2 cups broccoli, 1 cup cottage cheese, 8 oz sweet potato.

Meal #4 - Same as meal #2.

Meal #5 - 1 can green beans (or 1 - 2 cups other veggie), 12 oz lean beef or chicken, 2 cups rice.

Meal #6 -same as meal #2.

Calories 6401 Protein 554.5 gr Fat 281 gr Carbs 411.2

I will start this in about 2 weeks. I am doing about that many calories right now but a mix of clean and not so clean food. I think I will have to wake up at 6am and eat meal #1 in order to get all this in in one day. I am actually looking forward to the regiment.

*RedStar*
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
i like it.. you should see some good gains out of this.. no steaks? just ground beef?

Barrett
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
This is a fucking real diet. Reps.

thesamewords
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Good luck on your diet bro, this looks solid but, what date is your next comp and how far out are you now?

Quadsweep
02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
i like it.. you should see some good gains out of this.. no steaks? just ground beef? Thats just a general description. I will do some lean steaks. I will start reducing calories 12 weeks out from masters nationals. The weird part is when I eat clean cals, even though its the same amount of cals as when I eat bad I get leaner. Very hard for me to gain weight. I have not taken the approach in a few years. Hope it pans out as I did not like my look last year.

Jeff

lastrep
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
#1 - 12 oz chicken breast, 8 egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 1-1/2 cup oats (that's before cooking).

Meal #2 - 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 heaping TBS almond butter, 4 scoops protein powder.

Meal #3 - 12 oz lean beef o...r chicken, 2 cups broccoli, 1 cup cottage cheese, 8 oz sweet potato.

Meal #5 - 1 can green beans (or 1 - 2 cups other veggie), 12 oz lean beef or chicken, 2 cups rice.

I will start this in about 2 weeks. I am doing about that many calories right now but a mix of clean and not so clean food. I think I will have to wake up at 6am and eat meal #1 in order to get all this in in one day. I am actually looking forward to the regiment.

Are you still working with Farah? Is this something he put together??

Biggie908
02-25-2010, 02:31 PM
y the cream?

Leatherhead
02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
bump for quad

Quadsweep
02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
y the cream? Calories. Will prolly split it with Mac nut oil actually for health reasons.

Jeff

Quadsweep
02-25-2010, 11:05 PM
I will also move 96/4 lean ground beef in and out with the chicken as I wish. After 12 weeks I will drop all drinks and do only food meals. This is a first for me and it should prove intresting. I am betting I will be much improved.

chris250
02-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Jeff - are you working on your own this year ? Diet, training wise ?

What are your goals for Master nats ?

DAVIDHARDY
02-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Damn bro! That's an ass of food. I wish I could eat a ton and still get ripped.

Rattbones
02-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Thats just a general description. I will do some lean steaks. I will start reducing calories 12 weeks out from masters nationals. The weird part is when I eat clean cals, even though its the same amount of cals as when I eat bad I get leaner. Very hard for me to gain weight. I have not taken the approach in a few years. Hope it pans out as I did not like my look last year.

Jeff

are you HW for the Masters, I see Wil Reese just about every day and he is doing it this year.

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/wp-content/blogs/6527/uploads/wr2.jpg

Ekke21
02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Question..

How much is a cup and how much is a can?

jdl80
02-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Hopefully you'll have someone to help cook all that food. Good luck bro!

BigJD69
02-26-2010, 11:43 AM
That's a Shit Load of Food!!!

Youngguns
02-26-2010, 11:51 AM
You're eating heavy whipping cream for calories? Are you serious?

DAVIDHARDY
02-26-2010, 12:35 PM
You're eating heavy whipping cream for calories? Are you serious?

Jeff's old school dude. I've seen a few of his posts where he talks about using it for calories.

jacshelb
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Jeff's old school dude. I've seen a few of his posts where he talks about using it for calories.

Yeah, that's Rheo Blair old school! I tried it a few times, never failed to feel nauseous. So, not for me. But, Jeff is a national level competitor, he knows what works.

jaykay
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Jeff: How much are you weighing in right now and around what weight are you looking to be on stage?

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Jeff - are you working on your own this year ? Diet, training wise ?

What are your goals for Master nats ?

Start my diet tomorrow! YAY! I am doing all my own this year for the most part. Will get Ss on here as an impartial eye and maybe a bit more. I just want to improve over last year as it was a comeback year from my quad tear. I was not happy with my look last year. Had some stomach issues related to my sinuses. Fucked me all up!

Jeff

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 12:12 PM
You're eating heavy whipping cream for calories? Are you serious?You kill me!

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah, that's Rheo Blair old school! I tried it a few times, never failed to feel nauseous. So, not for me. But, Jeff is a national level competitor, he knows what works. Cream works well for me. I am going to go 50/50 mac nut oil to cream though for the cals. I will drop the cream when I drop the drinks at 12 weeks.

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Jeff: How much are you weighing in right now and around what weight are you looking to be on stage? I am bouncing between 225 and 230. I am 5% flat right now. I do not vary much in weight to be honest and as you can see I eat a lot and off season I eat kinda bad! Figured by 40 this shit would slow up some!

Jeff

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes I will be in heavies at Masters. Tell him I look forward. I love Masters Nationals. Much better attitudes from the athletes.

Jeff
are you HW for the Masters, I see Wil Reese just about every day and he is doing it this year.

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/wp-content/blogs/6527/uploads/wr2.jpg

Youngguns
04-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Honestly, heavy whipping cream? And I'm killing you?

Ps. Take this how you will, but that's far too many calories for your size. That's as much as PROS take, and they look at least twice the size of you. I don't understand that logic at all.

Ps. That's the amount of protein Ronnie Coleman ate in 2006 for his pre contest... that raises a red flag the size of Japan.

D_T
04-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Ps. Take this how you will, but that's far too many calories for your size. That's as much as PROS take, and they look at least twice the size of you. I don't understand that logic at all.

Ps. That's the amount of protein Ronnie Coleman ate in 2006 for his pre contest... that raises a red flag the size of Japan.
I think his physique speaks for itself in saying that he knows his body better than you do. If he's 5% (or even close) over 3 months out what would you have him do? I'd be happy with 5% onstage.

Youngguns
04-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I think his physique speaks for itself in saying that he knows his body better than you do. If he's 5% (or even close) over 3 months out what would you have him do? I'd be happy with 5% onstage.
I have a feeling he does far too much cardio so he needs to bump his cals way up in turn losing muscle.

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I have a feeling he does far too much cardio so he needs to bump his cals way up in turn losing muscle.
Actually...I do no cardio at all off season and very very little precontest. I may do more this year and use a little more carb as I usually do Keto. I always say if I died and went to hell I would be walking on a treadmill listening to country music for all eternity.

Jeff

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Ps. That's the amount of protein Ronnie Coleman ate in 2006 for his pre contest... that raises a red flag the size of Japan. Well Dexter eats hardly at all..everyone is different. I have gotten leaner on a 7200 cal diet. My cholesterol is always around 170 with a 60 HDL sooooo! Its not killing me. I said I am dropping half the cream and replacing cals with Mac nut oil.

You seem to act the expert but I see no proof in your pudding my friend. You talk a lot but actions talk and bullshit..... I have been 3.4% many many many times. Have you ever even been in the realm of that?

I think you just like to be an antogonist.

Jeff

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I think his physique speaks for itself in saying that he knows his body better than you do. If he's 5% (or even close) over 3 months out what would you have him do? I'd be happy with 5% onstage. Thanks D_T. I live in the fucking trenches. Been my home for 20 years +.

tammyp
04-04-2010, 04:34 PM
the heavy cream is old school beverly where jeff was a guru for many years along w rita. rita did my my first ever diet for me...

UriahMcGee
04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks D_T. I live in the fucking trenches. Been my home for 20 years +.
how much you looking to weigh in at? and what did you weigh in at last year at masters?

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
the heavy cream is old school beverly where jeff was a guru for many years along w rita. rita did my my first ever diet for me... Heyyyy Baaaaby! Hope all is well with you!

Quadsweep
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
how much you looking to weigh in at? and what did you weigh in at last year at masters? I would like to be 212-215 onstage. I weighed in at 207 I think and was onsatge about 210ish last year.

J.

UriahMcGee
04-04-2010, 09:21 PM
I would like to be 212-215 onstage. I weighed in at 207 I think and was onsatge about 210ish last year.

J.
nice!!! i am hoping to be in the 210-212 range as well...good luck man

Youngguns
04-04-2010, 09:52 PM
7000calories/210lbs= 33cals per pound, more than double the usual. I guess you're not human? See it from my point of view.

Your workouts must be really really long.

baloni
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
7000calories/210lbs= 33cals per pound, more than double the usual. I guess you're not human? See it from my point of view.

Your workouts must be really really long.

Dude, the guy obviously knows what he's doing, and what works for him. If it doesn't make sense to you, oh well, a whole lot of shit in this sport doesn't make sense, somehow it just works.

jaykay
04-05-2010, 12:54 AM
I am bouncing between 225 and 230. I am 5% flat right now. I do not vary much in weight to be honest and as you can see I eat a lot and off season I eat kinda bad! Figured by 40 this shit would slow up some!

Jeff

The fact that you are close to 5% at 12+ weeks out, at 40 years old is...well...impressive as fuck. Hope the diet goes well. Good luck at the Masters Nationals.

sassy69
04-05-2010, 01:04 AM
I can speak for Jeff off-season- he's got paper thin skin w/o even thinking about it. He LIVES the lifestyle all year long and for what? The lats 25 yrs? It is quite amazing.

"Rodz"
04-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Real world experience > any study found on the internet

nuff said

tammyp
04-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Heyyyy Baaaaby! Hope all is well with you!

:hmn:

just started MY diet and its no where as much fun at yours!

i sw jeff at the AC. he was eating insane masses of food and had a 6 pack.:confused: lucky bastard ......:flowers:

Quadsweep
04-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Your workouts must be really really long.Actually besides legs they are just at 1 hour. I train 5 days a week. 6 if you count Abs and Calves. No I am human...just more human than you are. ;) And its 6400 cals at 228# so 28 cals a pound but the diet will not stay here.

Jeff

Quadsweep
04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I can speak for Jeff off-season- he's got paper thin skin w/o even thinking about it. He LIVES the lifestyle all year long and for what? The lats 25 yrs? It is quite amazing. Thanks hun! Miss u so much!

Jeff

Youngguns
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm curious, what is your off season calorie count?

Quadsweep
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
:hmn:

just started MY diet and its no where as much fun at yours!

i sw jeff at the AC. he was eating insane masses of food and had a 6 pack.:confused: lucky bastard ......:flowers: Don't know about fun! That breakfast at 5am was a mother fucker! 3rd meal starts in a few minutes!

Quadsweep
04-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm curious, what is your off season calorie count? Not much higher actually just bad food is included. This is how I should eat all the time but it sucks ass!

chris250
04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
How about a recent offseason pic ?

sassy69
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
How about a recent offseason pic ?

Seriously .. nearly the same but whiter ;)

Slat1
04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Whipping creme reminds me of my old diets from Beverly. You couldn't go wrong with those!

Darkseid
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM

Looks like a great plan to me.

You know your body, so if it can handle all that amount of food in a day, then the gains are going to be incredible.

hulk7280
04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
My biggest thing is you can prolly decrease the protien by about 150 grams of carbs and fill in those cals with CARBS!!!

You are prolly just very very insulin sensative, so you need higher GI carbs to keep your wieght up and spike your insulin more..

I think your biggest problem with such high protien and fat is your slower your insulin spike way too much and your not releasing enough insulin..

I bet if you lowered your protein and fat and upped your carbs .. added higher GI carbs .. you would see much better results..

just my 2 cents for what its worth

Quadsweep
04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Seriously .. nearly the same but whiter ;)
HAHAHAHA! so true! My client said my legs were whiter than my legs and your teeth are not yellow! :) I only lose 1.5% about for a show.

Quadsweep
04-05-2010, 09:56 PM
My biggest thing is you can prolly decrease the protien by about 150 grams of carbs and fill in those cals with CARBS!!!

You are prolly just very very insulin sensative, so you need higher GI carbs to keep your wieght up and spike your insulin more..

I think your biggest problem with such high protien and fat is your slower your insulin spike way too much and your not releasing enough insulin..

I bet if you lowered your protein and fat and upped your carbs .. added higher GI carbs .. you would see much better results..

just my 2 cents for what its worth Not a bad idea. I am such a Keto guy its hard for me to diet this way but I think it may be a better route. Maybe replace the sweet potato with a white and the same with the brown rice to white. I tell you that breakfast was a mother fucker! I was stuffed like a tic! took an hour to eat! at 4:15am to 5:10 to be exact! I think I will do this. the carbs will empty from my gut quicker too. I have been so full all day and its time to eat...again.

Jeff

machine
04-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Crazy Jeff! That is an insane amount of calories! What do you do for a living? Back when i was solely a personal trainer and always active and on my feet I could literally eat a bit more than 2x what I eat now and get lean. Now that my ass is in front of a computer a majority of the time I have to go way below that of even a smaller figure competitor (right now I'm 229lbs).

Keep us all posted with diet updates and progress pics man! wish you luck!

MusclesMarinara
04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
No matter what anyone says youve been doing this for awhile and you know how your body reacts by now. everyone is different and im sure if this wasnt working for you, you wouldnt be doing it ;)

hulk7280
04-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Not a bad idea. I am such a Keto guy its hard for me to diet this way but I think it may be a better route. Maybe replace the sweet potato with a white and the same with the brown rice to white. I tell you that breakfast was a mother fucker! I was stuffed like a tic! took an hour to eat! at 4:15am to 5:10 to be exact! I think I will do this. the carbs will empty from my gut quicker too. I have been so full all day and its time to eat...again.

Jeff

Keto is probably the last thing you need if your insulin sensative..

A keto type diet is to keep insulin at bay.. But your body obviosly doesnt have the problem from what you have said..

Try grits instead of oatmeal for breakfast or maybe a plain bagel..

Oatmeal bloats me 2!

Quadsweep
04-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Keto is probably the last thing you need if your insulin sensative..

A keto type diet is to keep insulin at bay.. But your body obviosly doesnt have the problem from what you have said..

Try grits instead of oatmeal for breakfast or maybe a plain bagel..

Oatmeal bloats me 2! Grits...yucky but they are faster. A bagel...kinda freaks me out! Have to think about it.

Mr.Bones
04-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Fastest 40 year old metabolism ever.

lilarnold
04-06-2010, 01:11 PM
maybe young guns is the next hany rambod?.....LOL

Quadsweep
04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Fastest 40 year old metabolism ever.Or I have a tapeworm!

chris d
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Jeff, Like the diet, I am currently doing the same thing as you. I have done the same as you in the past and can get crazy lean but I sacerfice my size, so I am doing a lot of carbs this time and minamal cardio hope it works for me as well. I will see you at the masters too as I will be going against you in the heavys my current weight is 250 at 8.5% but plan on coming in at 225 or 220 just depends. That post from the hulk is I think right on about the high gi carbs thats what I am currently experminting with. Wish you well in the prep, keep me posted on the progress and I will do the same if your interested. Chris

Quadsweep
04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Jeff, Like the diet, I am currently doing the same thing as you. I have done the same as you in the past and can get crazy lean but I sacerfice my size, so I am doing a lot of carbs this time and minamal cardio hope it works for me as well. I will see you at the masters too as I will be going against you in the heavys my current weight is 250 at 8.5% but plan on coming in at 225 or 220 just depends. That post from the hulk is I think right on about the high gi carbs thats what I am currently experminting with. Wish you well in the prep, keep me posted on the progress and I will do the same if your interested. Chris For sure keep me posted. I am haveing some difficulty with all the food. I think I have developed a whey protein allergy. Bad stomach problems regardless of brands. Switching to liquid egg whites and greek yogurt to see if symtoms subside. Have been batteling this for years. I wake up and often and vomit mucus..like a lot... sorry I know! Then I feel like shit for 3 hours and cannot eat which makes 6500 cals a bitch! This problem really hurt my prep last year. I pray I can figure it out. Sucks to feel ill all the time.

Jeff

chris d
04-08-2010, 09:24 AM
For sure keep me posted. I am haveing some difficulty with all the food. I think I have developed a whey protein allergy. Bad stomach problems regardless of brands. Switching to liquid egg whites and greek yogurt to see if symtoms subside. Have been batteling this for years. I wake up and often and vomit mucus..like a lot... sorry I know! Then I feel like shit for 3 hours and cannot eat which makes 6500 cals a bitch! This problem really hurt my prep last year. I pray I can figure it out. Sucks to feel ill all the time.

Jeff
Jeff, This may be a stupid question but are you doing any digestive enzymes? If not, that may or may not help but with that amout of food it will shurley help. Also take some HCI will really help break the food down. Most bodybuilders I know use them but there are a lot who do not, thats why I ask. what is your cardio routine going to be for this process? Somebody said you had worked with George Farah in the past? if so how was that.

Quadsweep
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Jeff, This may be a stupid question but are you doing any digestive enzymes? If not, that may or may not help but with that amout of food it will shurley help. Also take some HCI will really help break the food down. Most bodybuilders I know use them but there are a lot who do not, thats why I ask. what is your cardio routine going to be for this process? Somebody said you had worked with George Farah in the past? if so how was that.Never worked with George but have a friend IFBB Pro Tammy Patnode that swears by him. It seems to be the whey protein. I have been great for 6 days now. Freaks me out some because it would let up sometimes for a few days but never this long that I remember. I feel better overall to be honest. Just healthier and I think my look is improving as well.

Jeff

Provo82
04-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Hey Quadsweep love reading your threads because what you do is unconventional and you look great and your passion for the sport is obvious! Would love to see some current pics. Good luck man keep plugging away!

Quadsweep
04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey Quadsweep love reading your threads because what you do is unconventional and you look great and your passion for the sport is obvious! Would love to see some current pics. Good luck man keep plugging away! Hey thank you! Unconventional huh! Yeah this diet is a bit unusual for to be honest. I tend toward lower carb/keto most times but I am going at it different this time. I have a feeling I was having serious absorption issues with the whey proteins. Prolly why mu cals had to be so high and my look was shitty (to me) last year. I feel 100% better now and am hungry a lot now. Has been years since I felt like this! I am going to revamp my diet now that I have some things figured out.

Jeff

Scoobysnacks
04-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey thank you! Unconventional huh! Yeah this diet is a bit unusual for to be honest. I tend toward lower carb/keto most times but I am going at it different this time. I have a feeling I was having serious absorption issues with the whey proteins. Prolly why mu cals had to be so high and my look was shitty (to me) last year. I feel 100% better now and am hungry a lot now. Has been years since I felt like this! I am going to revamp my diet now that I have some things figured out.

Jeff

Sounds great Jeff, all good things...

Ss

Quadsweep
04-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Did BF% last night. We do a 9 site reading. Total points 40.3, 4.81%BF, 10.88# Total BF, 215.12# LBM. Not bad for a start. 16 weeks from Masters Nationals.

Jeff

Scoobysnacks
04-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Did BF% last night. We do a 9 site reading. Total points 40.3, 4.81%BF, 10.88# Total BF, 215.12# LBM. Not bad for a start. 16 weeks from Masters Nationals.

Jeff

So in essence you need to lose 4 lbs of fat.....shit you stay really lean and on 6000 cals, Im jealous. Im just basing that on the fact at 7 total lbs of fat on a nine site most people are shredded at least on my calipers then there are times you have to keep going to get the glutes hamis looking better of course.

Good Luck
Ss

Quadsweep
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
So in essence you need to lose 4 lbs of fat.....shit you stay really lean and on 6000 cals, Im jealous. Im just basing that on the fact at 7 total lbs of fat on a nine site most people are shredded at least on my calipers then there are times you have to keep going to get the glutes hamis looking better of course.

Good Luck
Ss

I am thinking I will be 212# this year. Once I drop water and a few pounds of muscle that are inevitable getting to 3.4% or so. Will be interesting to see how the absence of my stomach issues will effect my end look! I am pretty excited! :p

Quadsweep
04-17-2010, 08:50 PM
So here is whats going on with me diet wise. As you have read in this post I was having bad stomach issues apparnetly from a whey allergy. Having that resolved by dropping the whey I have revamped my diet. I think my caloric intake was so high due to malabsorbtion issues as my gutt was obviously inflammed. So here is what I am doing now.

Meal #1
8 egg whites, 4 whole eggs
8-10ozs lean Beef or Chicken
1-cup oats

Meal #2
16ozs liquid egg white (Will add 1-2 scoops Egg white powder as soon as it comes in)
4ozs cream
1TBL Grape seed oil
1 TBL natty PB
2TBL no sugar Quick
1 Banana

Meal #3
10-12 ozs Chicken
1 cup 1% Cottage Cheese
2 cups Brown Rice or sweet potato
1 cup Green beans (If I can get them down)

Meal #4 Same as 2

Meal #5 Same as 3

Meal #6 Same as #2 & #4

Have not figured cals out yet but I am guessing its about 5500 or so.

I am going to hang with this for the next month. At 12 weeks I will cut out drinks except for maybe one and eliminate them all together at 8 weeks. Not sure yet what macro route I will take last 8 weeks. I am usually a keto guy but I am not so sure its the way to go for me. Time will tell.

Jeff

ccn916
04-17-2010, 09:44 PM
All of that food is awesome. It's like your meals go on for days.

Quadsweep
04-18-2010, 02:21 PM
All of that food is awesome. It's like your meals go on for days.
Actually since I cut it back and got my stomach issues cleared up its not to bad except meal #1. BTW you in Pittsburgh? You going to Masters Nationals to watch or compete?

Jeff

Primemuscle
04-18-2010, 05:21 PM
For sure keep me posted. I am haveing some difficulty with all the food. I think I have developed a whey protein allergy. Bad stomach problems regardless of brands. Switching to liquid egg whites and greek yogurt to see if symtoms subside. Have been batteling this for years. I wake up and often and vomit mucus..like a lot... sorry I know! Then I feel like shit for 3 hours and cannot eat which makes 6500 cals a bitch! This problem really hurt my prep last year. I pray I can figure it out. Sucks to feel ill all the time.

Jeff

Greek yogurt is the bomb! I love that stuff. It's a mainstay in my breakfast diet. The Greek God brand with honey is my favorite. Sometimes I sprinkle it with a couple of tablespoons of wheat germ.

Fortunately I don't have any issues with protein drinks making me sick. Maybe you're lactose intolerant? I did have a negative reaction to one brand of protein supplement that was really high in calories. It basically gave me the shits. I finally threw the crap in the garbage before my asshole fell off into the toilet.
Prime

Quadsweep
04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Greek yogurt is the bomb! I love that stuff. It's a mainstay in my breakfast diet. The Greek God brand with honey is my favorite. Sometimes I sprinkle it with a couple of tablespoons of wheat germ.

Fortunately I don't have any issues with protein drinks making me sick. Maybe you're lactose intolerant? I did have a negative reaction to one brand of protein supplement that was really high in calories. It basically gave me the shits. I finally threw the crap in the garbage before my asshole fell off into the toilet.
Prime Not lactose intolerant...weird huh! Cottage cheese is fine. Drink tons of milk off season. No issue.
Just seems to be refined whey. No idea why just glad I figured it out!

Jeff

ccn916
04-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Actually since I cut it back and got my stomach issues cleared up its not to bad except meal #1. BTW you in Pittsburgh? You going to Masters Nationals to watch or compete?

Jeff

Ya I want to go this year to watch, going to make a priority out of it. I haven't made it to the NPC shows in Pittsburgh even though I live there, something always comes up. I am doing a natural show in September in Pittsburgh. I am planning on starting to diet for it in roughly three weeks. It will be my second show.

Lethal Threath
04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Not lactose intolerant...weird huh! Cottage cheese is fine. Drink tons of milk off season. No issue.
Just seems to be refined whey. No idea why just glad I figured it out!

Jeff

I kind of have the same problem, not lactose intolerant but sensitive to all forms of whey. Carnivore and LBA´s works great for me, no bloating and no discomfort.
Your diet looks great :-)
Do you eat clean everyday or do you throw in some cheatmeals sometimes?

Wish you the best of luck with your upcoming competition!

// LT

Quadsweep
04-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I kind of have the same problem, not lactose intolerant but sensitive to all forms of whey. Carnivore and LBA´s works great for me, no bloating and no discomfort.
Your diet looks great :-)
Do you eat clean everyday or do you throw in some cheatmeals sometimes?

Wish you the best of luck with your upcoming competition!

// LT Will try the Carnivore after my comps. I don't do cheats really. I am old school kinda. Once I flip the switch.....

Jeff

Mr.Bones
04-19-2010, 06:16 PM
What style of training do you use?

Quadsweep
04-19-2010, 08:42 PM
What style of training do you use? I trained early with powerlifting movements a lot as the first gym I joined had a lot of powerlifters in it. I then switched to a Dorian Yates type training and did that for years with good gains. But then like Dorian I tore my left bicep doing 405# undergrip rows. Then I tore both Quad tendons both in seperate ladder accidents! Anyways, I now will train heavy for a bit and lower the reps to 6 - 8s. Then my 30 years in the gym creeps in and I lighten up and go to 12s-25 for a couple weeks. After 30 years it is 100% instictive now. I never do the same routine 2 times. Every workout is different. I really have to listen to my body now. But no matter what I always train hard as hell. Just cause its light say 225 on incline I do it for 25 reps first set. No spotter either. That shit burns like hell! Super sets drop sets shit like from 50s to 5s in 5 pound drops 8 reps each on side laterals...rest...repeat. 4 exercise giant sets for quads and then hams! 4 rounds each! 32 sets! Then I will go heavy for a few weeks. Slow and methodical. I hope that...kind of explains it

Jeff

johngorman
04-19-2010, 11:46 PM
hey man, AWESOME thread!

i have a recommendation since you say you are so stuffed and meal 1 is hard to get down- why not take out the red meat and move it to late in the day and have all eggs/eggwhites for your protein at first few meals? this would absorb and assimilate much faster, and you wont be using the slowest digesting meat in your diet to start the day off. i bet that would make a huge difference. hell i'd put it in your last meal of the day if it were me. and on the eggs, you eating them or drinking them?

another thing that's just strange is that the whey upsets your stomach- even a pure isolate? hell that would be much easier to get down and not get all slowed down like the whole foods you are using, but i know you'll be cutting those out at 12 weeks. it's just odd to me.

keep kicking ass brother!

Quadsweep
04-20-2010, 03:43 PM
I put beef down but sometimes it is chicken. I think on a diet the biggest meal should be first of the day. Its just the food quantity in general! As far as the Whey goes its not a quality issue its the fact my body does not like it anymore. No idea why.
hey man, AWESOME thread!

i have a recommendation since you say you are so stuffed and meal 1 is hard to get down- why not take out the red meat and move it to late in the day and have all eggs/eggwhites for your protein at first few meals? this would absorb and assimilate much faster, and you wont be using the slowest digesting meat in your diet to start the day off. i bet that would make a huge difference. hell i'd put it in your last meal of the day if it were me. and on the eggs, you eating them or drinking them?

another thing that's just strange is that the whey upsets your stomach- even a pure isolate? hell that would be much easier to get down and not get all slowed down like the whole foods you are using, but i know you'll be cutting those out at 12 weeks. it's just odd to me.

keep kicking ass brother!

Quadsweep
04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
I really struggle mentally with this diet as it is a break from what I have done for 15 years now. I feel i should be hungry even though I know I am under 5% already with 14 weeks until Masters. I look forward to cutting back in two weeks as it seems like all I do is eat. Still not sure what route I will take be it cycle carb or low fat high, carb,high protein. or or or! I will figure it out in the next 2 weeks.

Jeff

johngorman
04-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I really struggle mentally with this diet as it is a break from what I have done for 15 years now. I feel i should be hungry even though I know I am under 5% already with 14 weeks until Masters. I look forward to cutting back in two weeks as it seems like all I do is eat. Still not sure what route I will take be it cycle carb or low fat high, carb,high protein. or or or! I will figure it out in the next 2 weeks.

Jeff
man from reading through your whole thread, the last thing i would do is go keto right now. i know that's what you do, and you know it very well, but everything you describe about yourself is screaming CARBS!!! dont let that shit scare you, cycle em high/med/low and not only keep your metabolism guessing but stay full in the muscle. hell you could have 3 high days, 2 med, and 2 low and make the low days your off days/cardio only days, have the med on bodyparts that arent weak, and have your 3 highdays around bodyparts you think are week.

why go keto when you have no problem whatsoever losing bodyfat? look how lean you are now. i'd drop protein down a bit and replace those cals with carbs as i think your protein is pretty high. Hulks suggestions actually come to mind as i just remembered his suggestions were pretty damn good. you also have scoobs who is a hell of a prep guy, holler at him. he's who i've used the past couple of years and i've watched him prep all kinds of different competitors from running super high carbs, to carb cycling, to different forms of keto and all kinds of stuff in between. he know's his shit and his approach is top notch.

good luck bro, i am looking forward to watching your prep unfold!:)

Quadsweep
04-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah I am gettiong with Jason in the next couple weeks. Not sure what route we will take. Funny as I prep tons of people even pros and do well but cannot see myself or Rita objectively! Just how it is!

Jeff
man from reading through your whole thread, the last thing i would do is go keto right now. i know that's what you do, and you know it very well, but everything you describe about yourself is screaming CARBS!!! dont let that shit scare you, cycle em high/med/low and not only keep your metabolism guessing but stay full in the muscle. hell you could have 3 high days, 2 med, and 2 low and make the low days your off days/cardio only days, have the med on bodyparts that arent weak, and have your 3 highdays around bodyparts you think are week.

why go keto when you have no problem whatsoever losing bodyfat? look how lean you are now. i'd drop protein down a bit and replace those cals with carbs as i think your protein is pretty high. Hulks suggestions actually come to mind as i just remembered his suggestions were pretty damn good. you also have scoobs who is a hell of a prep guy, holler at him. he's who i've used the past couple of years and i've watched him prep all kinds of different competitors from running super high carbs, to carb cycling, to different forms of keto and all kinds of stuff in between. he know's his shit and his approach is top notch.

good luck bro, i am looking forward to watching your prep unfold!:)

johngorman
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah I am gettiong with Jason in the next couple weeks. Not sure what route we will take. Funny as I prep tons of people even pros and do well but cannot see myself or Rita objectively! Just how it is!

Jeff
cool, you'll be in good hands!;)

Quadsweep
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I should be meeting up with Jason on Sunday night along with Rita. I will at that point start a new thread on this prep. This is my first time using someone to help prep so it should be interesting to say the least! Really looking forward to it!

Jeff

Provo82
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Quadsweep do you use cardio to get hard or do u not need it?

Quadsweep
04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Quadsweep do you use cardio to get hard or do u not need it? Actually I have not in the past but Jason has informed me this will change! :confused: I hate cardio but I am strangely enough good at it...but I still hate it. But I like winning more than I hate cardio!

Scoobysnacks
04-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Actually I have not in the past but Jason has informed me this will change! :confused: I hate cardio but I am strangely enough good at it...but I still hate it. But I like winning more than I hate cardio!

Ha not necessarily, we'll just see, Ive had a few not need it and if you are as lean as you say, it may not be necessary. I was just warning you, that if its between a guy your size only eating 1600 and doing no cardio or eating 2500 and using some cardio I go with eat more, stay fuller and do some cardio.

See ya sunday

Ss

ccn916
04-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Actually I have not in the past but Jason has informed me this will change! :confused: I hate cardio but I am strangely enough good at it...but I still hate it. But I like winning more than I hate cardio!

Haha, good at cardio. I like that. I have never really thought of someones skill level at cardio.

Quadsweep
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Ha not necessarily, we'll just see, Ive had a few not need it and if you are as lean as you say, it may not be necessary. I was just warning you, that if its between a guy your size only eating 1600 and doing no cardio or eating 2500 and using some cardio I go with eat more, stay fuller and do some cardio.

See ya sunday

SsYou are scaring me with this "lean as you say you are!" Thingy...:) I think I am pretty lean except my back...damn mandels! I think you may be right on the cardio...I guess I am just lazy! Looking forward.

Jeff

Quadsweep
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Haha, good at cardio. I like that. I have never really thought of someones skill level at cardio.LMAO! What I mean by that is I never do it but I can get on an eliptical and bust 80rmp and not get my heart rate over 130 and I breath normal. As far as skill I must say I look sexy as hell all sweaty doing it! :hypno:

Quadsweep
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM

See ya sunday

Ss
BTW I would like to get my ass and low back as lean as yor was last year!

Scoobysnacks
04-23-2010, 09:45 PM
BTW I would like to get my ass and low back as lean as yor was last year!

That is the plan for sure. Looking forward to it.