PDA

View Full Version : One week! Are you ready????

esplendido
02-26-2010, 11:32 AM
To all you guys and gals who have taken the Rx Arnold challenge and have stuck to it.....ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?

I am so proud of you all.....and especially of you, Mikey. Damn bro, I feel like a new dad at the birth of his firstborn! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the Species booth. I'm sure that Dave has set a time for the judging and I just haven't seen it in a thread yet, so tell me here, please.

I'm excited for you all!

gman
02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks, Rick! I know I didn't do all you told me to, but I do appreciate your help and encouragement!

ABP, FBG and I are the only 3 I think who survived.

We have no idea what we will be made to do as far as posing, nor when it really is. I think it is 3pm on Friday, but I need to email Dave to see. I will also ask him if he got the before pics.

I think Dave referred to it as a posedown, so sounds like no mandatories. If that's the case I will have to emphasize legs in the posedown!

gman
02-26-2010, 11:43 AM
just emailed Dave, will post up in here when I hear back.

fatbackgoal
02-26-2010, 12:13 PM
I hate to say but I am out. Elbow problems and getting ready for powerlifting meet ruled me out. If offseason works for the posedown let me know.

Plus Mike is killing it!

AnglicanBeachParty
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
To all you guys and gals who have taken the Rx Arnold challenge and have stuck to it.....ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?

Ready!

We have no idea what we will be made to do as far as posing, nor when it really is. I think it is 3pm on Friday, but I need to email Dave to see. I will also ask him if he got the before pics.

I think Dave referred to it as a posedown, so sounds like no mandatories. If that's the case I will have to emphasize legs in the posedown!

just emailed Dave, will post up in here when I hear back.

Definitely post the time when you find out! I've been wanting to solidify my schedule on Friday.

As to the posedown, maybe you are correct. I've never won my class, so I've never actually been in a posedown. Guess I better practice!

gman
02-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Dave emailed me that 3pm is fine, and told me to call Mr G, who is in charge of the antics at the booth, to figure out what we're doing. I have left Mr G a voicemail....

gman
02-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Kind of depressed at how this fizzled out so badly...but at least I got my ass in shape pretty good.

It's just you and me ABP, so let's get it on!

axioma
02-26-2010, 05:41 PM

I am so proud of you all.....and especially of you, Mikey. Damn bro, I feel like a new dad at the birth of his firstborn! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the Species booth. I'm sure that Dave has set a time for the judging and I just haven't seen it in a thread yet, so tell me here, please.

I'm excited for you all!

Best of luck to all of you. Take lots of photos and drink lots of beer after! Xiomara and I will be thinking about you all. Hey, Dave should drop into the Masters every once in awhile...amen?

AnglicanBeachParty
02-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Dave emailed me that 3pm is fine, and told me to call Mr G, who is in charge of the antics at the booth, to figure out what we're doing. I have left Mr G a voicemail....

Cool; thanks!!

GirlyMuscle
02-26-2010, 06:29 PM
I can't make it to the Arnold this year since I'm in sunny warm Australia, so I hope there will be video posted. I wanna see this!

HeavyDutyGuy
02-26-2010, 09:05 PM
ABP and GMan are both winners already! Anytime you set a goal for any contest, see it through and show up in your best shape, you've already won. The placings are up to the judges. I can't wait to see the pics.

Oldsuperman
02-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Alright! This is gonna be fun for sure!

gman
02-27-2010, 07:26 AM
It's going to be a blast just being there!

No word from Mr G....hope he calls today.

esplendido
02-27-2010, 10:31 AM
We're all going to have to meet at Schmidt's Sausage Haas in German Village, about 3 miles from the convention center. Schmidt's has been around since the mid-late 1800's and serves genuine German cuisine. Their cream puffs are world famous...and they brew their own beer. German Village is a real treat, originally settled by German immigrants in the 1850's (my great grandparents among them) and the architecture is all old world German. And it's all on the south side of downtown Columbus, with the Convention Center being on the north side of downtown.

You can view them here: http://www.schmidthaus.com/

gman
02-27-2010, 10:47 AM
This is the place I posted up off of Man VS Food, and everyone said it sounded disgusting.

I want to go there Friday night and eat the buffet!

esplendido
02-27-2010, 10:59 AM
This is the place I posted up off of Man VS Food, and everyone said it sounded disgusting.

What did they find disgusting about it? 6 kinds of handmade sausage, German potato salad, sauerkraut, Sauerbraten, pastries so rich.....and 3 kinds of house beer from 130 year old brewery?

I grew up in Columbus and frequented German Village and Schmidt's often. I can tell you that people travel from other states to eat there!

gman
02-27-2010, 11:13 AM
What did they find disgusting about it? 6 kinds of handmade sausage, German potato salad, sauerkraut, Sauerbraten, pastries so rich.....and 3 kinds of house beer from 130 year old brewery?

I grew up in Columbus and frequented German Village and Schmidt's often. I can tell you that people travel from other states to eat there!

they all said all you can eat sausage buffet was disgusting.

they did not see the Man vs Food episode, obviously.

joedemarco
02-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Best of luck to both ABP and Gman...both winners for sticking this thing out to the very end!!!

fatbackgoal
02-27-2010, 01:30 PM

If I go Friday night will be in no position to workout Saturday morning. All you can eat sausage sounds quite good (no homo).

gman
02-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Mr G and I finally talked. The contest will consist of going through mandatories with the audience determining the winner. Mr g will interview us too. Sounds like it will be fun! Friday at 3 confirmed

gman
02-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Mr G is hilarious and very encouraging on the phone, it was a blast trying to decipher what he was saying with that thick NY accent he has.

I am a little nervous about how this is going to go, but I am sure Mr G will make it easier

AnglicanBeachParty
02-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Mr G and I finally talked. The contest will consist of going through mandatories with the audience determining the winner. Mr g will interview us too. Sounds like it will be fun! Friday at 3 confirmed

The audience!? :hypno: Dang, I thought Palumbo and Romano were going to judge the thing. Oh well, this makes for better "theater" ... I agree, it'll be a blast!

Thanks for your effort in getting the time nailed down!

The interview sounds fun, too. Thankfully, I lived on Long Island for 5 years, so I should be able to understand Mr. G's accent ... LOL.

gman
02-27-2010, 09:17 PM
The audience!? :hypno: Dang, I thought Palumbo and Romano were going to judge the thing. Oh well, this makes for better "theater" ... I agree, it'll be a blast!

Thanks for your effort in getting the time nailed down!

The interview sounds fun, too. Thankfully, I lived on Long Island for 5 years, so I should be able to understand Mr. G's accent ... LOL.

I am not too outgoing so it's going to be a stretch for me, but that's okay...it will be a blast no matter what.

I really did have to ask Mr G to repeat himself a few times.

gman
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
here is man vs food about Schmidt's. I really want to go here after the contest

http://www.schmidthaus.com/Man-vs-Food-Schmidts.mov

IL WNBF Pro
03-01-2010, 02:40 PM
We're all going to have to meet at Schmidt's Sausage Haas in German Village, about 3 miles from the convention center. Schmidt's has been around since the mid-late 1800's and serves genuine German cuisine. Their cream puffs are world famous...and they brew their own beer. German Village is a real treat, originally settled by German immigrants in the 1850's (my great grandparents among them) and the architecture is all old world German. And it's all on the south side of downtown Columbus, with the Convention Center being on the north side of downtown.

You can view them here: http://www.schmidthaus.com/

Cream puffs.....thats the shit right there!!!!! Awesome

IL WNBF Pro
03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Kind of depressed at how this fizzled out so badly...but at least I got my ass in shape pretty good.

It's just you and me ABP, so let's get it on!

Perhaps next year....didnt find out about it till too late.