PDA

View Full Version : Adina Zanolli.... Amazing Success Story...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

John Romano
03-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Everyone welcome my good friend Adina Zanolli. Adina has an amazing success story to tell. So, without further delay... Adina, Tell it!

Mudpro69
03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Yes, truely amazing....

SallyAnne
03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey Adina! I am honored to have you here. :)

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Yes, truely amazing....

Well, thank you!

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Adina! I am honored to have you here. :)

Hey Sally Anne! Thank you! I am glad to be here.

The way John and Dave treated me over the weekend kind of sealed the deal! I couldn't stay away any longer!

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I'll start with Before and After Pictures

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Everyone welcome my good friend Adina Zanolli. Adina has an amazing success story to tell. So, without further delay... Adina, Tell it!

I almost forgot....

Thank you, John for being my friend. I'm glad you're on my side!

Peaceful28
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Yay!!!! Adina is here!!! So happy you made it over! :p

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Yay!!!! Adina is here!!! So happy you made it over! :p

I've missed you!

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Here is a copy and paste of my success story from the NBC website. It's long, because there were guided questions I had to answer. I am 39 now, but I just left it as it is on the website.

Section1: Meet the members
Name: Adina Zanolli
Current weight: 135
Weight lost: 121

At a time when most kids my age were enjoying the most care-free moments of their entire lives, I became aware of my weight problem for the first time. I was in the 4th grade. We were all in a line to get weighed by the school nurse. I weighed 20 pounds more than my best friend. That was the first time I was embarrassed about my weight. My dad had left our family the summer before that incident, and that summer marked the beginning of my weight problems.

I remember being in 6th grade the first time the scale tipped over 150 pounds. I was standing at the doctor’s office to get my camp physical. I was so mortified. And that marked the beginning of lying to people about my weight. While the other girls at camp were prancing around in cute little bikinis, I wore a one piece with a T-Shirt over it. I was so ashamed of myself.

While I was not really made fun of through the years for my size, I certainly had mortifying moments. The worst was being told that I was too heavy for a miniature Merry-Go-Round in the mall. The ride was about to start, and I heard a beeping sound. Somewhere deep within I knew that sound was for me. And I was right, and I had to get off.

Yet none of these things would spur me into action. I would spend, no, I would waste the first three decades of my life being obese.

Section 2: Food Philosophy
When I was 8 years old, I vividly remember watching my dad consume an entire bag of Doritos in one sitting. This was not a snack-size bag, but an entire family-sized bag. Even at this age, I knew this was not normal behavior. We were in a hotel, after having just been evicted from our house. He thought I was asleep, but I was watching him. In fact, that is actually my last memory of him. Looking back, I am sure he was a stress eater. A behavior I would pick up from him.

That evening sticks with me. It was then I learned that when things go wrong, no matter how wrong, you can eat them away. No matter how you feel, you can eat until the only thing you can feel is the fullness in your belly. It’s hard to be sad, or lonely, or even scared when you just feel full. Full made all negatives go away. Of course, it made so many positives go away too, because you can’t feel happy that way either. You feel nothing.

In this life you are one of two things: a good example or a horrible warning. For the first half of my children’s lives, I was the latter. They saw me eat with no bounds. They saw me over-indulge myself. They saw me turn to food in good times and bad. I knew that if I didn’t get it under control, they would follow down the same path, and I just could not have that. Even though I could not want more for myself, I wanted more for them.

Section 3: Eating habits
My trouble with my weight began the year my dad left. I was just your average-sized child the summer he left, and it would be almost two decades before I could claim to be average size again.

For whatever reason, I started sneaking food after he left. No one told me to stop eating, so I really can’t explain why I did this. There was something in me that made me feel the need to hide it, even as a child. I remember sneaking spoonfuls straight out of the casserole dish, so it would look like I was eating less than I really was. I remember wadding up slices of white bread and eating them behind things. Under things. Outside. It didn’t matter, as long as no one could see.

Junior High and High School were of course not as enjoyable as they could have been because I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. The first diet I would try was in Junior High. I was ALWAYS aware of my problem. I just didn’t know how to face it. Certainly, I did not know how to fight it. I would lose ten pounds here or there, and then I would gain twenty.

My social life was non-existent. I had friends, but I didn’t really go out. No matter how fixed-up I would get, at some point I would still have to face that mirror. That mirror told me over and over that there was no point in going out. That I should just stay home. So, usually I did.

I always put others in front of myself, because I thought I deserved to be last in everything I did. I made no goals. No plans. I could not see that there was any reason to. My obesity kept me paralyzed. I could not see beyond it.

Before daily intake

Breakfast: Honey buns, donuts, or sugar-coated cereal of some kind (at least two bowls)
Lunch: KFC – two piece extra crispy meal with a fried pie and coke
Dinner: Usually Mexican food or an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet
Snacks: Chips, candy bar, and a coke.

Section 4: The turning point
I have always been a happy, perky person. Even when I was heavy, people would comment on the fact that I was always smiling or laughing. And in public that was true. What people did not know was that my joy was hard to muster. I woke up happy enough, but the first mirror I saw each day would remind me that I was fat.

I would get ready to go somewhere, and that same mirror would remind me that no matter how much I fixed up, I was still fat.

I would go out and have a great time, until I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a mirror or a window. Once I did, I would second guess why anyone would be talking to me. The fat girl.

And certainly being overweight is just not comfortable. I could not cross my legs, nor could I sit comfortably in a booth. If I went to the theater, I would have a panic attack worrying I might have to climb over people to get to a middle seat. I even felt pity for the ones who had to be with me and be part of this embarrassment. I would even go so far as to wonder why anyone would want to be seen with me.

My dad, although I don’t remember much about him, was morbidly obese. My grandmother had been as well. And while I was numb to the suffering obesity brings, I wanted more for my children. But how could I tell my children to eat broccoli if I was eating chips? A banana if I was eating cookies? So I knew I had to do it for my boys. I had to stop the family linage of obesity and be part of creating a new line of healthy, strong, fit individuals. If I wanted lean, healthy boys, then I had to be a lean and healthy mom. I would have to transform everything about who and what I was.

I had to show my boys what it took to be healthy and fit. I had to involve them in the whole process of this transformation. I didn’t want them to look back years down the road and ask me why I never taught them how to eat. Why I never showed them the value of good, clean eating and exercise. I did not want them to suffer the pains of obesity. And as simple as it sounds, I wanted them to be able to wear a swimsuit with no T-shirt. Just like that wet shirt held me back from being able to truly enjoy the water, obesity held me back from being able to truly enjoy life.

Section 5: Losing the weight

Various means and methods brought me to the size I am, and for that matter, the person I am today. I tried and I failed many times along the way. I am the self-proclaimed poster child for plateaus! But then that also makes me the poster child for perseverance and dedication.

I have always admired the ultra-lean body of a runner. I just knew that if I took up running, I would look like a runner. So, I started jogging. Oh, it was a slow jog at 256 pounds, but it was a jog none the less! After a year of jogging with no changes to my eating habits, I had lost 27 pounds.

I realized at some point I would have to make a plan. I actually started to be less careful with what I was eating, because I knew the jogging would keep me from gaining. I had a severe lack of discipline, so I decided I needed to order a meal plan. I ordered two month’s worth of NutriSystem. For the next two months, if it didn’t come from that big NutriSystem box or wasn’t part of that plan, it did not go in my mouth. Other than Sugar-Free Jell-O! I ate my weight in that to make it through! And this was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Those two months totally reset my idea of what a portion was or was supposed to be, and I never ate the same again. A plan like that will force you to learn what a portion should be.

It’s an amazing thing to watch your shape change as you lose weight. I was looking in the mirror one day after having lost about 50 pounds. I realized I didn’t even know what I really looked like without all the layers of fat. I certainly didn’t know what I would look like when even more came off. After all, I had been obese my entire adult life. I wasn’t sure if I would like what was under there or not. I knew the odds of me having any muscle tone were somewhere between slim and none. So, I bit the bullet and joined a gym. And I am so glad I did. They gym is like a second home to me now. The camaraderie at a good gym is like nothing you experience anywhere else. My friends at Elite Gym shared every success and every failure along the way. When I got stuck, they encouraged me to keep going. They even hung my before and after pictures over the scale! Everyone who weighs has to face me! And I don’t cut anyone any slack!

Things were coming together for me by now, but I still wasn’t quite were I wanted to be. I had the exercise part down for sure, and I thought I had the eating down as well. But I just couldn’t shake the last little bit. I had contacted the makers of the Oh Yeah! Bars at one point along the way just to tell them how much I enjoyed their products. I ended up striking up a friendship with a guy who works there named Kevin. I was talking to him one day about being stuck. He asked me what I was eating, and I gave him the list. A very short list. He told me right away that my body was overworked and under fed. He said the amount of calories I was taking in simply wouldn’t support what I did. I had been in such fear of gaining the weight back, that I had dropped my calories too low. With his guidance and support, I actually doubled what I had been eating, and the rest of the weight came off! I have never even met the person who helped me through the hardest part of my diet! But that shows you, if you ask, help is there.

Through the course of my journey, there was one quirky little thing I did that really got me through. I put what I like to call my “ten year stamp” on everything. When I would have struggles, I would think, ten years from now, will I even remember this moment? Will it even matter? Ten years from now will I wish I had eaten more junk food? Ten years from now will I wish I had cheated more and spent less time in the gym? It was more of less my way or reminding myself that the trials I was suffering were temporary, and didn’t amount to much.

After daily intake

Meal 1: 4 egg whites, 1 slice of Ezekiel Bread, and ˝ a banana
Meal 2: small can of tuna, ˝ cup rice
Meal 3: 45 gram Oh Yeah! Bar, 1 slice of Ezekiel Bread
Meal 4: 3oz. chicken, ˝ cup rice
Meal 5: 3oz. chicken, 1 cup Asparagus or green vegetable of choice
Meal 6: Oh Yeah! Protein Wafer Bar
Section 6: New outlook

Food is fuel for my body. Nothing more and nothing less. It doesn’t control me. It doesn’t loom over me. I don’t sneak it, and I’m not afraid of it. Eating is just something I do to give me the energy to enjoy the much fuller life I now lead.
So many doors have opened up for me since losing the weight. I love getting to speak to others about weight loss. When I’m at the gym, I seek out the people I can tell are struggling. When I walk through those doors now, new people don’t even know that I used to be heavy, that life used to be so hard. Finally, after all these years, I am just your average girl walking through those doors. I can blend if I want, or I can stand out if I want. But if I see someone struggling the way I used to, I go to them. Sharing with others reminds me of where I was, and how far I’ve come.

The future is brighter for me now. Losing weight was my main goal for such a very long time that is was literally all I thought about. I never made any other plans. There was nothing else I was reaching for or striving after. The plan was always to get the weight off. For about a year I just enjoyed that fact that I successfully met a goal. Then I felt like it was my time to share what I did with people. My goal now is to stay happy, healthy, and fit. I constantly seek ways to share my story with others. If I can help even one person find what I did within, my heart is happy.

Losing the weight is without a doubt the best thing I ever did.

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Here is the story my local newspaper did on my weight loss last year.

They erroneously put that I WEIGH 120. It's I LOST 120!

The link:

http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/charm/stories/12052007_womanyoushouldknow.html

The story:

A woman you should know: Adina Stewart

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Two years ago, Longview resident Adina Stewart was morbidly obese. At 5'5", Adina, mother of two, was a size 26 and weighed 256 lbs. She knew she needed to change her eating habits, but she just wasn't very motivated.

It wasn't until she was watching an afternoon talk show that she knew she needed to shed the pounds.

"There was an overweight woman whining about the fact that she was fat, and how it was easy for rich celebrities to lose weight because they have personal chefs," Adina said. "I thought that was the dumbest excuse in the world, and I decided right then and there that I was going to prove this woman, whom I didn't even know, wrong."

Now, Adina, 38, is a healthy size 8, weighing about 120 lbs. and loving her new body and self-confidence.

Losing the first 50

After she watched the talk show, Adina scouted out a "personal chef" of her own, and not the kind that cooks in your kitchen.

"I thought of all the diet programs out there that deliver specific meals to your front door," she said. "I started before Thanksgiving and promised myself I'd be cheat-free until Thanksgiving Day. Well, I was cheat-free for two whole months and, by the time Thanksgiving rolled around, my stomach had already shrunk! I couldn't cheat even though I wanted to!"

As she continued her healthy eating habits, she knew the next thing she needed to incorporate was exercise.

"Every Friday night I went to a local bookstore and I'd read about fitness, nutrition, yoga ... I'd pour over the magazines and learn as much as I could about eating healthy," Adina said. "Based on what I studied, I created a diet for myself and included cardio and weightlifting in my routines."

She joined a local gym, and her transformation really began.

Losing the rest

Joining a gym was one of the best things Adina could have done for herself. She was grateful for the instructions the trainers offered her and she relished the encouraging and caring atmosphere around her.

"I learned that while you're trying to lose weight, it's important to surround yourself with people with similar habits and goals," she said. "I made so many new friendships there, and the support was absolutely incredible."

Another great source of motivation for Adina was allowing her two sons to look at the scale each time she stepped foot on it.

"I know that if I hadn't allowed them to actually watch me lose weight and keep track of the pounds I wouldn't have been as successful," she said. "I didn't want them to see Mom's weight increasing, and I didn't want them to see Mom eat unhealthy foods. I wanted to be a good role model for them both. They've seen Mom eat healthy, so now they choose to eat healthy."

A great life

It's been a two-year process, and, although Adina said she's never looked or felt better, she admits the weight-loss process has been anything but a piece of cake.

"It's hard at first, but I knew I was so big I couldn't lose weight overnight," she said. "No one can overeat for all their life and expect to drop that weight in a couple of months."

It's hard at first, but I knew I was so big I couldn't lose weight overnight. No one can overeat all their life and expect to drop that weight in a couple of months.

She said anyone can lose weight if they have the want to, willpower and ability to take it one day at a time.

"As you start eating healthy and the pounds begin to drop, you'll realize that you're no longer eating healthy because you HAVE to – you do it because you want to and because it feels better than putting junk in your body," Adina said. "I used to hate it when people would talk about dieting as a change in your lifestyle. But it's true, and it's a wonderful change."

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Here is a copy and paste of my bb.com Transformation of the Week Story. It can be found here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transf163.htm

Why I Got Started

Many things could have motivated me to make a lifestyle change through the years. I could tell you it was the day my son came home from Pre-K and told me his friend said, "Your mom is fat." I cried, but I wasn't motivated. I was just sad for my child.

There was the day the attendant for the small Merry-Go-Round at the local mall had to tell me I could not ride. I was too heavy for it. There was the day, as a very young woman, desperate to wear stylish clothing, I had to face that I could not shop in the trendy stores. They did not carry my size.
My blood pressure was climbing. I constantly worried if I was the biggest person in any room I entered. Just being large in itself should be enough to motivate anyone, male or female. It is just no fun being fat. Yet, none of these reasons inspired me to make a change. Sad, yet true.

Just Being Large In Itself Should Be Enough To Motivate Anyone.

It was actually a fellow large woman who inspired me to change, and I will never even know her name. You see, I didn't know her, but I did grab some motivation from her. Which goes to show you: it doesn't matter where motivation comes from, as long you grab it when it does come!

I was watching one of those thirty minute entertainment news shows one night. Sitting on the couch. And OK, yes, I was eating. Like I did pretty much every Friday night. Let's face it; men don't beat down doors to get to 256 pound women.

There I sat, miserably munching junk food, when during the segue to the next commercial, the announcer mentions the upcoming segment would be over Oprah and her dramatic weight loss.

Now, I may have been big, but I watched every weight loss show and read every success story that I could find. If the next segment was on weight loss, I was going to watch it. I hurriedly refilled my junk food supply and waddled back to the comfort of my couch.

It Doesn't Matter Where Motivation Comes From, As Long As You Grab It When It Does Come.

I watched with interest as they interviewed Oprah's chef, trainer, and so forth. I always thought that if I watched enough or read enough, I could figure out how to make a program that would work for me.

Well, the story culminated in the reporter talking to "the average woman on the street." By that they meant: she was not a star, nor was she rich. But boy was she ever big. And whiny. And miserable.

If anybody needed a personal chef, this woman did. There she sat on national whining about why she couldn't lose weight. Basically, her thinking boiled down to: if she could afford a personal trainer and a personal chef, she could lose weight too.

I don't know what it was about that moment that clicked with me, but I was mortified for this woman I did not know. She was the stereotypical fat woman. She was the way I envisioned myself. I mean, let's face it. At a size 26 I was not thought of as the active woman I knew was buried somewhere underneath all those layers of me. I knew I was thought of as lazy. I didn't want the world to see me the way I saw this nameless, overweight woman. I wanted to be thought of as healthy, active, and OK, hot!

I Wanted To Be Thought Of As Healthy & Active.

The random woman's comments cut me deeply. She saw so simply what I saw so complex. In her mind, it just takes someone doing the thinking for you. I thought to myself, if it were really that simple, then all of those pre-packaged meal plans would work. They take the thinking out of dieting. All you have to be able to do is read and open a box. I could do both of these.
So I got up from the couch, when the show was over of course, and marched straight to my computer. I ordered a month of food. I was thinking, "I'll show her. There's no way it's this simple."

How I Did It

My weight loss is testament to the fact that you have to consistently change and vary what you do along the way to lose weight. You see, I was the most active fat person you could know. I jogged. I did aerobics. I played basketball with my boys like a woman possessed! Of course, it doesn't matter how active you are if you take in more calories than you burn.

My journey actually started before I ordered that first box of food. I've never been afraid of sweating a little, and I always admired the streamlined bodies of endurance runners. I just knew that if I became a runner, I would eventually look the way a runner looks. Lean. Very little body fat.

So, I strapped on some running shoes. I jogged about 30 minutes, five days a week, for a solid year. At the end of a year of running, I had lost a whopping 27 pounds! You see, I had made no changes to my diet. And like I said earlier, it doesn't matter how much you exercise. I was not making a big enough calorie deficit to produce the physique changes I wanted to make.

I Would Eventually Look The Way A Runner Looks.

I ordered the pre-packaged meal plan after that year of jogging. I knew I didn't need the personal trainer the woman on TV had whined about. I had the exercise part down. I just needed help with my diet. I knew I had let my eating get out of control, or better yet, had never had it under control in the first place. However, I had no idea the extent of it. I did not know the extent of my over eating. I had no clue, but I was about to get one!

The first day I poured the prepackage cereal into my bowl was a sad morning! It was a morning of mourning! It was SO small compared to what I had been consuming. But you know what? There is no real magic to the pre-packaged meal plans. It's just portion control, not rocket science. Had I looked at the side of the cereal box in my pantry, and really consumed what a serving was, I would have been able to do it on my own.

But I needed the security of the boxes for a while. I committed to two months with no cheating. I chose that amount of time, because Thanksgiving fell at the end of those two months. That seemed like a logical cheat day.
I followed that meal plan to the letter for the next two months. Not one cheat. Not one deviation from the plan. Thanksgiving Day came, and I was beyond excited having made it to my first official cheat day! I loaded that plate with my favorites. I mean, it was a holiday for goodness sakes! Shouldn't I be allowed to gorge myself? Isn't that what holidays are about? Sitting around the table in stuffed misery? It's the American way. If you can leave your pants buttoned after a holiday meal, well then you just didn't eat your share.

I Followed That Meal Plan For The Next Two Months.

But something had happened during those two months. My body had not only adjusted to the smaller sized-portions, it liked it. I was not able to eat even a third of what I had put on my plate. When it was time for pie, I couldn't make it beyond two bites! I had gone from two pieces the year before to two bites! And I never ate the old way again.

I had lost 50 pounds on that meal plan by this point. I only ordered a few months of food. Along the way, I learned how to incorporate my own foods. And by this time, I knew it was time for me to join a gym.

I had been looking in the mirror one day. I had lost 77 pounds by this point. I didn't even recognize my figure. I had read somewhere that after age 30, roughly six pounds of muscle is lost each decade. I knew there was no way that I was dieting and not losing some muscle. So, I knew that I had to join a gym. I didn't want to look like an empty paper bag when I was through. Remember, I wanted to be hot!

I immediately loved the gym. It was like I found a second home. In fact, I was going so much that I let my diet slip a little. I didn't gain any. I was exercising far too much for that. But the next ten pounds came off far slower than the other weight had. And I was already a slow loser.

I Immediately Loved The Gym.

It was at this time that a friend told me he had noticed all my hard work and asked me if I was dieting too. He knew instantly from my expression that I was not. He looked me square in the eyes, and said, "Then why are you here?"

It may sound severe, and it did sting; but it was the kick in the pants I needed. And I did need one. We all do at one point or another. He was a true body builder. He looked great. He knew there was no way for me to end up looking the way I wanted to look without putting the diet and exercise together. He saw me working far too hard to waste my efforts. This was the moment I switched from an avid exerciser to a bodybuilder. My efforts switched from simply losing weight into a concerted effort to build and sculpt some muscle on my much leaner frame.

The transition was not a totally smooth one. I had lost an additional ten pounds focusing on exercise with no real diet. I honestly thought that exercising at the intensity and amounts I was would allow me to eat what I wanted. And to a point I could have. But a statue made of nothing but mashed potatoes would soon fall!

Now it was time for serious business. I tried going back to my original diet of pre-packaged meals, but it was no longer sufficient. By this time I was seriously into the weight lifting, and the protein and calories I consumed on the pre-packaged plan would just not do. So, I modeled my diet after the guys at my gym. I switched over to good old clean eating, and for the first time I added protein powder and bars into my diet.

Now It Was Time For Serious Business.

This new way of eating helped me break past a plateau I had hit. If you want to look like a lifter, you have to eat like a lifter! Supplementing with the right kind of protein fueled the next 25 pound loss.

By this time, the weight loss was starting to slow down. This is where I really had to get out of the pre-packaged mind set. I had to become a willing participant in my own diet. Shudder the thought. I knew that woman on TV wasn't right! You DO have to do some of the thinking and planning!

This is where I learned my best training secret: ask for help when you need it. I had contacted the makers of Oh Yeah! Bars to tell them how much I liked their products. I ended up striking up a friendship with a guy who works there named Kevin. When I told Kevin that I could not get the last of the weight off, he went over my diet for me. Ends up, I was eating too little! He designed a diet for me based on my weight, age, and level of fitness. I still follow his plan to this day!

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Here is the link to my visit to the Today Show this summer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25708021/

BEAST MODE
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Already said it, but to make it official...glad you're at RX now Adina!!!

GENESIS
03-09-2009, 09:16 PM
i liked the name fitadina better... glad your here regardless

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 09:37 PM
i liked the name fitadina better... glad your here regardless

That's funny. One guy in the main section said I needed to take it out of my name! Did you see it!?

I'm glad to be here!

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Already said it, but to make it official...glad you're at RX now Adina!!!

Thanks! John and Dave won me over!

I'm going to start putting my little daily post here too. I'll have it at both places for a while out of respect for Gregg making me Babe of the Month. I don't want to pull out while that is running.

robert da strongman
03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
hey nice to have ya here!!

GENESIS
03-09-2009, 09:41 PM
That's funny. One guy in the main section said I needed to take it out of my name! Did you see it!?

I'm glad to be here!

lol why the hell would he have you take it out of your name? its not like you suddenly became "unfit"

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
hey nice to have ya here!!

Oh my gosh....that picture on your Avi. I saw that at the Arnold. AMAZNG! So much fun to watch!

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
lol why the hell would he have you take it out of your name? its not like you suddenly became "unfit"

I guess he just didn't think I looked fit!!

That's OK. I just looked in the mirror. I DO!!!!

robert da strongman
03-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh my gosh....that picture on your Avi. I saw that at the Arnold. AMAZNG! So much fun to watch!

its my inspiration for april

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 09:56 PM
its my inspiration for april

When he got tired...he didn't even skip a beat and went to his left hand.

AMAZING!

The crowd went WILD for it!

robert da strongman
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
When he got tired...he didn't even skip a beat and went to his left hand.

AMAZING!

The crowd went WILD for it!

i watched the live webcast...banging the desk and screaming. thank god i was the only one at work:D

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 10:00 PM
i watched the live webcast...banging the desk and screaming. thank god i was the only one at work:D

Weekens like that are good. I would not have known I liked that any other way. Now, I've got to go see a powerlifting meet!

I never did catch how much that thing weighed.

robert da strongman
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Weekens like that are good. I would not have known I liked that any other way. Now, I've got to go see a powerlifting meet!

I never did catch how much that thing weighed.

powerlifting can be boring unless its a pro meet.

the circus dumbbell was 202lbs with a 3 inch handle

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
powerlifting can be boring unless its a pro meet.

the circus dumbbell was 202lbs with a 3 inch handle

HOLY MOLY!

No it does not!

Seriously?!

I want to go to a pro one. Is there one in Texas?

robert da strongman
03-09-2009, 10:09 PM
HOLY MOLY!

No it does not!

Seriously?!

I want to go to a pro one. Is there one in Texas?

it does...

i believe you can find listings on powerliftingwatch.com

Adina Zanolli
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
it does...

i believe you can find listings on powerliftingwatch.com

I'm going to put that on my list of things to do this year.

Angela123
03-10-2009, 02:54 AM
hi adina. im so glad you are here now. ive missed you. :-)

Honour
03-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Great read, truly well done!!!!!

tight booty
03-10-2009, 03:15 AM
I've missed you Adina! :)

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 06:17 AM
hi adina. im so glad you are here now. ive missed you. :-)

I've missed you too!

It took me a little longer than everyone else to figure it out and make my peace with it all, but I'm here now!

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Great read, truly well done!!!!!

Thank you very much for stopping by!

I'm about to start posting my Blog here too. I'm a very wordy girl!

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 06:20 AM
I've missed you Adina! :)

Karen!

I saw you speak of me with kindness when I was only lurking here. THANK YOU!

I've missed you as well!

John Romano
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Finally.... geesh

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Finally.... geesh

You shush it, John Romano! I'm here now!

BEAST MODE
03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks! John and Dave won me over!

I'm going to start putting my little daily post here too. I'll have it at both places for a while out of respect for Gregg making me Babe of the Month. I don't want to pull out while that is running.

Awesome! Can't wait to read it! I don't want to go to the other site at all anymore.

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to read it! I don't want to go to the other site at all anymore.

They lost me over there for the most part. Going to the Arnold was what did them in.

Without going into details, there was a world of differene in how John and Dave treated me compared to how the MD people treated me. (I don't mean forum members. They were GREAT!)

John and Dave treated me not just with kindness, but were joyful to see me even though I had said I wasn't posting over here. There's a lot to be said for that.

John gets points for not giving up on me.

SallyAnne
03-10-2009, 01:39 PM
They lost me over there for the most part. Going to the Arnold was what did them in.

Without going into details, there was a world of differene in how John and Dave treated me compared to how the MD people treated me. (I don't mean forum members. They were GREAT!)

John and Dave treated me not just with kindness, but were joyful to see me even though I had said I wasn't posting over here. There's a lot to be said for that.

I can totally relate & I agree with you completely. :)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-10-2009, 01:39 PM

That is really sad. Their loss is our gain. It is good to have you here, Adina :)

225orDie
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
YEA!!!! It's party time over here!!!!!

msfit
03-10-2009, 04:37 PM
I met that Belchman or whatever his name is, at the Olympia...he had his head so far up his own ass...His wife seemed nice enough but he really left a shitty impression.
I agree with you totally Adina, John really is a nice guy, no arrogance, very approachable. I like real people. I'm glad you made the move, now there is no reason for me to go back there either! :)

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
I can totally relate & I agree with you completely. :)

It's just sad. I was like all excited to meet certain people and I felt like I had been slapped.

Meanwhile, even wearing the MD shirt and them not even knowing I was coming, John and Dave recognized me and treated me like family.

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
That is really sad. Their loss is our gain. It is good to have you here, Adina :)

I won't lie. I cried. Not boo hoo cried, but teared up a little.

BUT...it was a positive...it made me know where I belonged. And I spent more time at Species than any other booth, because who is nicer than PJ and Guy? Nobody!

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
YEA!!!! It's party time over here!!!!!

Yes it is, Richard! Yes it is!

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I met that Belchman or whatever his name is, at the Olympia...he had his head so far up his own ass...His wife seemed nice enough but he really left a shitty impression.
I agree with you totally Adina, John really is a nice guy, no arrogance, very approachable. I like real people. I'm glad you made the move, now there is no reason for me to go back there either! :)

I don't want to be ugly over there, so I'm just going to start letting that post over there fade.

Thank you for going over there to find me!! I was proud of my little Blogspot.

I will just have to make it here.

tight booty
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Karen!

I saw you speak of me with kindness when I was only lurking here. THANK YOU!

I've missed you as well!
There's a handful of people that I really miss from md forums and you were one of them! I feel happier now seeing you here! :)
I will always be your friend and be kind, however you do deserve a spanking for taking so long to get here! And we should keep it in the gutter, or should I say at Johns jacuzzi.....:cool:

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
There's a handful of people that I really miss from md forums and you were one of them! I feel happier now seeing you here! :)
I will always be your friend and be kind, however you do deserve a spanking for taking so long to get here! And we should keep it in the gutter, or should I say at Johns jacuzzi.....:cool:

I think we established they were one and the same!!!

Oh...right before you got banned you were going to use one of my Texas phrases on your friend. I am trying to remember....

Oh...poothead! Wasn't that it?!

tight booty
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I think we established they were one and the same!!!

Oh...right before you got banned you were going to use one of my Texas phrases on your friend. I am trying to remember....

Oh...poothead! Wasn't that it?!
I am on time out Adina for apparently harrassing a pro bodybuilder. :rolleyes:
Even though I was actually in fact trying to have nothing to do with him. I got some peace and quiet by changing my mobile phone number for this to occur! So in other words it was around the other way....he was harrassing me and not just in the cyber world! But enough of that crap.....oh yeah I forgot to tell someone they were a "poothead"....still got to do that experiement....:cool:

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I am on time out Adina for apparently harrassing a pro bodybuilder. :rolleyes:
Even though I was actually in fact trying to have nothing to do with him. I got some peace and quiet by changing my mobile phone number for this to occur! So in other words it was around the other way....he was harrassing me and not just in the cyber world! But enough of that crap.....oh yeah I forgot to tell someone they were a "poothead"....still got to do that experiement....:cool:

I'll give you a phrase from time to time.

Next time something surprises you say, "Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!"

I like to use that phrase.

tight booty
03-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I'll give you a phrase from time to time.

Next time something surprises you say, "Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!"

I like to use that phrase.
I like that phrase. Its fun and quirky and light hearted! :)

robert da strongman
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
i dont know if this was ever asked...

what kind of diet did you use?

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I like that phrase. Its fun and quirky and light hearted! :)

OK...that's your phrase to use! You have one week to use it and report back!

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
i dont know if this was ever asked...

what kind of diet did you use?

I started with NutriSystem. Used that for a few months.

Then I progressed to following the NutriSystem plan with my own foods.

Then I started lifting and needed more calories, so I added Oh Yeah! bars. That led me to contact the company...which led to them using my before and after picture on their site (www.issresearch.com)...which led to my hot ISS friend Kevin doing my diet for me! He's actually in the pcis the Mayor took. He's the one with the Oh Yeah! shirt on.

And actually, at the end I had gotten to wear I was only eating 500 calories a day. That is when Kevin stepped in. He said that would not do!

tight booty
03-10-2009, 11:38 PM

Then I started lifting and needed more calories, so I added Oh Yeah! bars. That led me to contact the company...which led to them using my before and after picture on their site (www.issresearch.com)...which led to my hot ISS friend Kevin doing my diet for me! He's actually in the pcis the Mayor took. He's the one with the Oh Yeah! shirt on.

And actually, at the end I had gotten to wear I was only eating 500 calories a day. That is when Kevin stepped in. He said that would not do!
:eek: Whoah, 500 calories a day would end up slowing your metabolic rate to a complete holt! Lucky Kevin stepped in but as I always say...things happen for a reason and he was meant to come into your life as a friend.

Adina Zanolli
03-10-2009, 11:47 PM
:eek: Whoah, 500 calories a day would end up slowing your metabolic rate to a complete holt! Lucky Kevin stepped in but as I always say...things happen for a reason and he was meant to come into your life as a friend.

I know that was a horrible amount of calories. It was miserable.

I didn't realize what was left was skin. I thought if I kept working I could get it off. So I kept lowering and lowering and loweing....

And you are right....he was meant to cross my path. He taught me how to eat. I remember him saying, "Do this and trust me."

It's amazing what proper nutrition can do. I could lift heavier and do more cardio when I started eating right.

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
03-11-2009, 04:01 AM
:DThe Mayor wishes the TRANSFORMATION CHAMPION Adina all the best! I hope you like the title you earned it! You are an INSPIRATION TO all of us! I will be here to support your thread!:D

tight booty
03-11-2009, 04:30 AM
I know that was a horrible amount of calories. It was miserable.

I didn't realize what was left was skin. I thought if I kept working I could get it off. So I kept lowering and lowering and loweing....

And you are right....he was meant to cross my path. He taught me how to eat. I remember him saying, "Do this and trust me."

It's amazing what proper nutrition can do. I could lift heavier and do more cardio when I started eating right.
You poor honey.....you would have been starvin,feeling like crap and getting frustrated!

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 06:24 AM
:DThe Mayor wishes the TRANSFORMATION CHAMPION Adina all the best! I hope you like the title you earned it! You are an INSPIRATION TO all of us! I will be here to support your thread!:D

Dan!!!

I loved how you bragged about me everywhere we went!

You're the best thing ever!

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 06:26 AM
You poor honey.....you would have been starvin,feeling like crap and getting frustrated!

You know what? It's OK...

I got a good friend out of that and I got to really appreciate the healthy food I get to eat. Because of course eating the way he had me eat made me feel better and look better. BUT....had I not eaten so poorly before, I would not appreciate how I eat now.

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 07:16 AM
I ended up in the same restaurant as Ben White this weekend, only, I didn’t know it was Ben White.

He walked in and I knew I was supposed to know him, but I could figure it out. So I said, “Who are you? I’m supposed to know who you are.”

Without missing a beat he said, “Branden Ray.”

So we proceed to visit when it dawns on me I had talked to Branden earlier in the day and this was clearly NOT him.

So I stopped midsentence and said, “You are not Branden Ray. Who are you?”
“I am…”

I stopped him, because it clicked. “I am the greatest.” I could hear him saying it.

“You’re Ben White.”
“I know.”

At this point the Mayor breaks in to say, “Tell him your claim to fame. Tell him what you’ve done.”

He looks at me, waiting to hear what I have done.

“I’ve lost 121 pounds.”

“You did what?”

“I have lost over 100 pounds.”

His wheels started to turn as he pounded his fists on the bar. “So tell me. What could you possibly have been thinking when you were THAT big, because I just don’t get it.”

“I thought I looked OK.”

The fists go down again, “There is no way.”

So we talked for several minutes about what was in my head at the time.
And the conversation continued into the next day when I show up at his booth with a before picture and say, “Hey, Branden Ray. Want to see me fat?”

He was about to say something till he caught sight of the picture.

“Now see. I just don’t understand this. What was going on in your head to make you think THIS was OK? Look at you now. How could you let yourself get like that. I don’t understand. I really don’t.”

And so I told him in the only way I knew how…

“You can’t see it when you are that big. You just see you, and you think that’s the only way you can be. You know no other way.”

“But what did you do? How did you do it?”

“I had to decide that I was worth the effort it took.”

“Well aren’t you glad? Because I wouldn’t want to look like that (pointing to my before picture) when I could look like this (pointing to me).”

“Of course, I am. My life is 100% better than it was before.”

“I guess that’s OK then.”

“Now it’s your turn.” He looks at me puzzled as I leave him saying, “Why you gonna tell people you’re Branden Ray when you’re Ben White, because clearly only one of you is attractive.”

BEAST MODE
03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Good story Adina. Ben sounds like a cool guy. I know he was great on HMR!

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Good story Adina. Ben sounds like a cool guy. I know he was great on HMR!

He really made a good impression on me at the restaurant. He truly did. He was not what I expected him to be.

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Me and Ben...BOTH of them!

John Romano
03-11-2009, 09:59 AM

I'm sorry, but my jacuzzi is closed to all...... except Peaceful :p

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 10:03 AM

Yeah...you're just checking up to see if I started my Blog.

I got your number, Bubba.

sassy69
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Adina - the smiles that you & Dan had on your faces every time I ran into you at the Expo, is what the whole weekend is all about. And frankly that is the same smile I get every time I walk into the gym because that's what the whole "fitness thing" is all about.

It was such a pleasure to see that big smile that I see in your words on a board, on the real face, and such a beautiful face.

I'm betting you added a great dimension to the weekend for everyone you met :)

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Adina - the smiles that you & Dan had on your faces every time I ran into you at the Expo, is what the whole weekend is all about. And frankly that is the same smile I get every time I walk into the gym because that's what the whole "fitness thing" is all about.

It was such a pleasure to see that big smile that I see in your words on a board, on the real face, and such a beautiful face.

I'm betting you added a great dimension to the weekend for everyone you met :)

What a wonderful message! Thank you!!!

My favorite picture moment was when you, Guy, and PJ all hit front double biceps together! I LOVED that moment!!!

I was just so happy to be there!

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM

ah cool and thanks.

wow 500 calories!
nice to have someone that can help!

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
ah cool and thanks.

wow 500 calories!
nice to have someone that can help!

Yeah...500!

I was cranky!!!!!!!!

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah...500!

I was cranky!!!!!!!!

i bet!
i have been cranky on this keto diet.

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 04:02 PM
i bet!
i have been cranky on this keto diet.

How are you eating now?

I don't know how strongmen people eat.

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
How are you eating now?

I don't know how strongmen people eat.

gym days i add preworkout carbs 50grams or so.

4 whole eggs, 1lb of meat, cheese, 1 cup of nuts, 2 whey shakes
pretty simple but its easy.

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
A pound of meat, Robert?!

A POUND OF MEAT?!

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 05:55 PM
A pound of meat, Robert?!

A POUND OF MEAT?!

yes 1 pound!
somedays its fish, some chicken

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
yes 1 pound!
somedays its fish, some chicken

I could not do a pound a fish.

UGH!

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 06:18 PM
yes that one is tough.
mostly its salmon for me...i cant stand tuna

Gerb
03-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi FA! (can I still call you FA? ... I think so:D) Really glad you got a thread going over here now!

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 06:44 PM
yes that one is tough.

Wait...have you tried the Hickory Smoked tuna from starkist

I would slap somebody I loved fot that.

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi FA! (can I still call you FA? ... I think so:D) Really glad you got a thread going over here now!

STEVE!!!!!!

I just raised my hands in victory over here!!!

I've missed you! Call me whatever you like!!!

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Wait...have you tried the Hickory Smoked tuna from starkist

I would slap somebody I loved fot that.

yes i have. it is good but i can only eat so much
the teryaki is good

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 07:28 PM
yes i have. it is good but i can only eat so much
the teryaki is good

I could eat a pound of it.

robert da strongman
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I could eat a pound of it.

i will send all my tuna your way...haha

GirlyMuscle
03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Girl!!!! NOW it feels like home. Finally someone to have coffee with in the mornings!!

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey Girl!!!! NOW it feels like home. Finally someone to have coffee with in the mornings!!

I'm working on my coffee talk for tomorrow right now!

Football will be in it...which is a rare topic for me!

APOSTLE
03-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Are you not going to be posting at the other site anymore?

Adina Zanolli
03-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Are you not going to be posting at the other site anymore?

It is still up. I have not closed it.

This morning I posted my Blog in both places.

There is one struggling to lose who reads my words every day. I will not leave her.

APOSTLE
03-12-2009, 12:54 AM
It is still up. I have not closed it.

This morning I posted my Blog in both places.

There is one struggling to lose who reads my words every day. I will not leave her.

I can respect that.

tight booty
03-12-2009, 01:03 AM

And so it should be! :)

tight booty
03-12-2009, 01:04 AM
yes that one is tough.
Same here....I love salmon but have overdosed on tuna over the years, so now I can't stand it!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
03-12-2009, 03:15 AM
No Bragging,You are what the sport is all about doing something about your life and being a true champion!

sassy69
03-12-2009, 03:54 AM
What a wonderful message! Thank you!!!

My favorite picture moment was when you, Guy, and PJ all hit front double biceps together! I LOVED that moment!!!

I was just so happy to be there!

Ah yes, the obligatory front dbl bi...

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 06:41 AM
I can respect that.

Thank you. I figure I will know when I need to let it go.

I'm busily trying to think what I'm the mayor of...

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 06:43 AM
No Bragging,You are what the sport is all about doing something about your life and being a true champion!

Thank you, Mayor!

GirlyMuscle
03-12-2009, 06:43 AM
So here I am....6:43am est...fresh coffee in hand...

Where's my Adina post?????

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Ah yes, the obligatory front dbl bi...

That's the one!

I hadn't seen it yet!

That was one of the most fun moments for me!

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 06:47 AM
So here I am....6:43am est...fresh coffee in hand...

Where's my Adina post?????

I'm doing it! I'm doing it!

I had to reply first! Maybe I should post then reply tomorrow!

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 06:51 AM
I looked out the window yesterday and saw the kind of rain that always reminds me of a certain football game. A game from more than twenty years ago.

Then I took my son to McDonalds and he ordered what he liked to get after football practice was over. He said, “This reminds me of football season.”

I flashbacked to telling Guy Cisternino about my son’s team winning state. He told me he would remember that his whole life. He knows because his team won state too.

And I know he’s right, because Micah is HURTING for next football season to start! I mean to tell you, he is aching for it! It makes me laugh when we pass the school and he mourns over how long it is till next season.

And the funny thing is, that was one long season. The state game was right at a week before Christmas.

He practiced in the heat, and he practiced in the cold.

He practiced in the rain, and he practiced in the ice.

He practiced on the field, and there were days he practiced inside because the weather would not permit anything else.

And he was exhausted when I picked him up every single day.

But he can’t wait to start it all over again.

And this football season will be different for him, because he is reminded of the rewards.

Hard work over time brings reward.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that, because I’ve been doing this for a while now.

It’s not drudgery walking into the gym. It’s opportunity.

It’s shoulder caps and biceps that peak.

It’s regular size clothing and fitting into booths.

And it’s the chance every day – every single day – to make a better me.
A better, stronger, healthier me.

It may not be winning the state game, but it’s definitely a win.

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Read it, Erin!

GirlyMuscle
03-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I looked out the window yesterday and saw the kind of rain that always reminds me of a certain football game. A game from more than twenty years ago.

Then I took my son to McDonalds and he ordered what he liked to get after football practice was over. He said, “This reminds me of football season.”

I flashbacked to telling Guy Cisternino about my son’s team winning state. He told me he would remember that his whole life. He knows because his team won state too.

And I know he’s right, because Micah is HURTING for next football season to start! I mean to tell you, he is aching for it! It makes me laugh when we pass the school and he mourns over how long it is till next season.

And the funny thing is, that was one long season. The state game was right at a week before Christmas.

He practiced in the heat, and he practiced in the cold.

He practiced in the rain, and he practiced in the ice.

He practiced on the field, and there were days he practiced inside because the weather would not permit anything else.

And he was exhausted when I picked him up every single day.

But he can’t wait to start it all over again.

And this football season will be different for him, because he is reminded of the rewards.

Hard work over time brings reward.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that, because I’ve been doing this for a while now.

It’s not drudgery walking into the gym. It’s opportunity.

It’s shoulder caps and biceps that peak.

It’s regular size clothing and fitting into booths.

And it’s the chance every day – every single day – to make a better me.
A better, stronger, healthier me.

It may not be winning the state game, but it’s definitely a win.Welcome back, Adina. We needed you. :D

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Welcome back, Adina. We needed you. :D

No...I needed y'all.

GirlyMuscle
03-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Then I guess we all win. :D

Fitswim by Celeste
03-12-2009, 09:36 AM

AGREED! yea adina - glad you are here :D

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 12:08 PM
nice post Adina!!

definitely a win...love that

APOSTLE
03-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Great post Adina, may stop by here and ge a little pick me up from time to time.

Damn, now I miss football too.

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM

That kind of made me tear up!

I know I feel like I won.

Now...where's my prize?!

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
AGREED! yea adina - glad you are here :D

My blinged out friend is here!!!

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
nice post Adina!!

definitely a win...love that

I like the new Avi...may make it's way into a Blog!

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Great post Adina, may stop by here and ge a little pick me up from time to time.

Damn, now I miss football too.

BUT...do you miss it so much you kinda want to cry? That's how my 15 year old son put it!

(I would be in SOOOO much trouble if he knew I said that!!!)

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
I like the new Avi...may make it's way into a Blog!

thank john cena for it
but it is the way i think

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:05 PM
thank john cena for it
but it is the way i think

I'm not going to thank him. He didn't draw it to my attention. You did.

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm not going to thank him. He didn't draw it to my attention. You did.

aw shucks...

anyway it is a great way to think. too tough to go through life fearing stuff and living in the past.

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:14 PM
aw shucks...

anyway it is a great way to think. too tough to go through life fearing stuff and living in the past.

And there goes my Blog for tomorrow. I know just what I'll write!

Meanwhile....I wonder if my good friend John was meaning anything by the title of my thread? Amazing Success Story = ASS

HMM....

I should get a T-Shirt made with that. AZ's ASS.

What do you think?

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:17 PM
now that would make a great shirt...haha

could start an A.S.S. club

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:19 PM
now that would make a great shirt...haha

could start an A.S.S. club

Or maybe start a thread...

Share your ASS with others.

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:23 PM

well that might end up in the 18 and over..haha

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM

PM sent :p

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:36 PM
well that might end up in the 18 and over..haha

Would it not make a great T-shirt?!

RX Muscle - Share you ASS

I think Dave will approve. :D

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
PM sent :p

Don't be shy. Share your ASS here...for all to see.

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Would it not make a great T-shirt?!

RX Muscle - Share you ASS

I think Dave will approve. :D

i would buy one

could have ones that say i am an RX muscle ASS

give them to transformation challenge winners

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
i would buy one

could have ones that say i am an RX muscle ASS

give them to transformation challenge winners

I would wear one...in public....where my kids and their friends could see me.

I'm already going to have to pay for their therapy anyway.

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
nothing like tragically harassing your children.
i do that to mine....but they dish it right back.

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
nothing like tragically harassing your children.
i do that to mine....but they dish it right back.

I consider it a skill.

My boys learned long ago not to leave me waiting in a store. You know how sometimes you can't make them leave...

I will find the biggest box of tampons I can find and then go walking up to them saying, "As soon as I find the diarrhea medicine and the creamed corn we can go."

For added emphasis I will scratch or tug something.

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:53 PM
awesome...i try but my girls just do that kind of stuff to me.

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
awesome...i try but my girls just do that kind of stuff to me.

I keep waiting for my boys to do this!

They see my best friends do it to me all the time. We think it's great fun.

They have to get their brave on one day and fire it back.

When they do, it's game on!

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:59 PM
lucky for me i do not have shy children. we also have great conversations. no subjects are taboo.

Adina Zanolli
03-12-2009, 10:46 PM
lucky for me i do not have shy children. we also have great conversations. no subjects are taboo.

Mine are not shy, but my ex is just so uptight. He's a good man and a good dad, but you can't tell him anything without getting a lecture.

Then I'm a free spirit. They forget that from time to time. Then I have to remind them!:rolleyes:

GirlyMuscle
03-13-2009, 08:29 AM
*sigh*

Sips coffee....

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 09:33 AM
*sigh*

Sips coffee....

Girl!

I knew I was in trouble before I even looked!

See...here's how it is.

I don't just live in East Texas. I live in the sticks of East Texas. We have no Internet other than dial up.

So...when it comes a gully washer, like it did last night, phone lines are down. Mine won't be up until tomorrow!

If I wasn't sofa king cheap, I'm buy a laptop.

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 09:40 AM
I remember thinking that my life would always be full of regret if I ever got the weight off.

Regret that I didn’t lode it sooner.

Regret that I had wasted years.

Regret that my life was just beginning.

But what I didn’t know was that I was trying to live in the future. I wasn’t enjoying, or even participating, in the here in the now.

I was thinking about all the “what if’s” in hopes that someday I would have a life.

You hear of people living in the past all the time. That is easy to recognize. The people who only talk about their glory days, as if their life ended years ago. Sometimes decades.

But I was not that way.

I lived in the terms of future regret.

Every day was filled with a thought of “What if I never….”

Or “What if I do, and…”

And just as living in the past is no good, neither was living in the future.
Making changes requires taking action now. Not in the past, and not in the future. Because neither can be done. The past is always behind you and the future is always just out of grasp.

The only thing you can change is the present.

I had to stop thinking in terms of “What if…” and replace it with “What will I do today to make my life better?”

And a funny thing happened…

Somewhere along the way I started living in the present.

I made it to goal, and I never once regretted anything.

But do you know why? It’s because for the first time in my life I was actually enjoying the moment I was in instead of waiting for some future indicator to tell me my life was OK.

I didn’t worry about all the things I had missed, because the things I was doing were so incredible.

My life wasn’t just OK. It was fabulous. How can you regret what brought you to joy?

Not being where you want to today means you have the opportunity right here, right now to erase future regret by doing what you have to do.

GirlyMuscle
03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Thank you!

Fitswim by Celeste
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I had to stop thinking in terms of “What if…” and replace it with “What will I do today to make my life better?”

oh boy! i'm gonna do it - i'm gonna go tell my boss i QUIT! oh, wait a minute, money isn't important is it? well, guess i should just start with a plan. and that i am :D

msfit
03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
just what i needed to hear TODAY! Thanks Adina

lil mama
03-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello droppin by to welcome you and give u sum LOVE....der hope u got it.(smile)

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Mine are not shy, but my ex is just so uptight. He's a good man and a good dad, but you can't tell him anything without getting a lecture.

Then I'm a free spirit. They forget that from time to time. Then I have to remind them!:rolleyes:

my daughters refer to their mother/myex as a nazi...only to me though...:D

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
and a beautiful post today!!

thanks...

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Thank you!

Anything for you, honey bunches of muscle!!!

Adina Zanolli
oh boy! i'm gonna do it - i'm gonna go tell my boss i QUIT! oh, wait a minute, money isn't important is it? well, guess i should just start with a plan. and that i am :D

And I expect a full report of this plan, Ms. Bling!

Adina Zanolli
just what i needed to hear TODAY! Thanks Adina

I'm just glad you're here!

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Hello droppin by to welcome you and give u sum LOVE....der hope u got it.(smile)

I ALWAYS feel love from you, Mami!

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
my daughters refer to their mother/myex as a nazi...only to me though...:D

Mine are too scared to do that. They might slip and do it to him. That would be BAD!!!

and a beautiful post today!!

thanks...

Brought on by your Avi. SOOO...choose your next Avi wisely. Good, bad, or ugly...it might end up as a Blog!

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Mine are too scared to do that. They might slip and do it to him. That would be BAD!!!

Brought on by your Avi. SOOO...choose your next Avi wisely. Good, bad, or ugly...it might end up as a Blog!

haha yeah they dont let her know.

uh oh better not put up my butt pic....:eek:

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 05:11 PM
haha yeah they dont let her know.

uh oh better not put up my butt pic....:eek:

You never know...that could be my best Blog ever...

Like....Crack Down and Do It

Butt It's All Good

Run Till Your Cheeks Hurt

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 05:13 PM
haha...you already have ASS.

this one will have to stay put for a bit. a little motivation for april

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
haha...you already have ASS.

this one will have to stay put for a bit. a little motivation for april

Well....challenge me some time. Give me an Avi you don't think I can Blog about.

I like a good challenge.

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Well....challenge me some time. Give me an Avi you don't think I can Blog about.

I like a good challenge.

ok..it is on!!

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.funnychill.com/files/extreme-pictures/kick-in-the-nuts.jpg

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Is that my challenge?!

You'll have to wait till Monday.

I have Blog free weekends to let people catch up from my wordiness!

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Is that my challenge?!

You'll have to wait till Monday.

I have Blog free weekends to let people catch up from my wordiness!

you got it!

monday it is...everyone needs time off...but what will we do while you rest??:eek:

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Oh, I'll still be chatting!

I just don't Blog. There are some people who like to read all of them, so I give them the weekends to catch up.

EXCEPT...my wheels are turning. I MAY but a fat loss Blog up of some kind that is just a weekend warrior of a blog for me.

Thinking....

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
fat loss...interesting
considering i am working all night saturday i might need something to read

Adina Zanolli
03-13-2009, 06:00 PM
But...I can't decide what I want. I want it to be different. Not what I do here.

Something just for people needed to lose.

robert da strongman
03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
information or motivation?

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
03-14-2009, 04:02 AM
A Famous Adinaism from the Arnold. I LOVE THIS DAY! Keep up the great posts and motivating us mere MORTALS!

Adina Zanolli
03-14-2009, 11:22 AM
information or motivation?

I haven't decided.

I just know I want something specifically for people who need to lose.

Adina Zanolli
03-14-2009, 11:23 AM
A Famous Adinaism from the Arnold. I LOVE THIS DAY! Keep up the great posts and motivating us mere MORTALS!

I say that when I'm really happy!

I LOVE THIS DAY!

Even thought I've said it for years, my friends laugh every time!!!

I should make it my sig!

robert da strongman
03-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I haven't decided.

I just know I want something specifically for people who need to lose.

a how to stay motivated...:D

Adina Zanolli
03-14-2009, 02:59 PM
a how to stay motivated...:D

It's the weekend...so fun has to be in there too.

Like maybe a challenge...or a recipe...or something different every weekend.

Adina Zanolli
03-14-2009, 03:00 PM
My phone bit the porcelain yesterday. I lost my contacts. Those of you I text with...please send me a text with your name and your number!

kThanks!

robert da strongman
03-14-2009, 03:07 PM
It's the weekend...so fun has to be in there too.

Like maybe a challenge...or a recipe...or something different every weekend.

recipes...always nice
or good choices when eating out

playmate
03-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey Adina glad I found you here I was told about RX Muscle a couple of days ago and came over to browse and found ya.. Just wanted to say hello I will be talking to you soon.:D

Adina Zanolli
03-14-2009, 10:56 PM
recipes...always nice
or good choices when eating out

Keep thinking with me.

I want it to be something that draws people to the fat loss forums, motivates and inspires them, and makes them look forward to the next post.

That's not too much to ask for is it?!

Adina Zanolli
03-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Adina glad I found you here I was told about RX Muscle a couple of days ago and came over to browse and found ya.. Just wanted to say hello I will be talking to you soon.:D

Well hello, Bridgett!!!

I'm glad you are here!

You are one of the main reasons I still post on MD. I know how hard you are working!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
03-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Hey Adina wheres you Mayor avitar? Keep motivating the masses!

robert da strongman
03-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Keep thinking with me.

I want it to be something that draws people to the fat loss forums, motivates and inspires them, and makes them look forward to the next post.

That's not too much to ask for is it?!

no we want people to find interest in it.
the hard parts of dieting...finding healthy choices when eating out and cheating/rewarding oneself.

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey Adina wheres you Mayor avitar? Keep motivating the masses!

But look how pretty Elaine Goodlad is!!!!

It will be back, I'm cycling them around!

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 09:02 AM
no we want people to find interest in it.
the hard parts of dieting...finding healthy choices when eating out and cheating/rewarding oneself.

I will have something up soon. Just don't know what.

robert da strongman
03-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I will have something up soon. Just don't know what.

well i am sure it will be worth the wait.

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 11:40 AM

I think that may be the name of my thread!

WORTH THE WAIT!

My idea just started to hatch.

It seems like it takes so long to lose. It took me two years. So you have to realize what you are doing it worth the wait!

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 11:47 AM

WORTH THE WAIT!

It seems like it takes so long to lose. It took me two years. So you have to realize what you are doing it worth the wait!

robert da strongman
03-15-2009, 11:48 AM

WORTH THE WAIT!

or worth the weight...

its not an easy journey. thats for sure. too many people want it now.

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 03:24 PM
or worth the weight...

its not an easy journey. thats for sure. too many people want it now.

But things easily attained are not long appreciated.

robert da strongman
03-15-2009, 03:25 PM
But things easily attained are not long appreciated.

true, very true.
i have been more happy and satisfied with my hard work and the results it has brought me.

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
true, very true.
i have been more happy and satisfied with my hard work and the results it has brought me.

I feel like I'm the poster child for it. I mean, look at what losing weight has brought to my life.

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 07:18 AM
So I was having dinner with my friend John Friday night, and he started to tell me a story about his brother – the artist.

Apparently, he had gotten back together with a woman he once dated.

And he painted her a heart for Valentine’s Day.

That made me go, “Awww,” as little happy chills ran my spine.

I’m a girl. I like stuff like that!

I can’t help it!

But that wasn’t the end of the story.

She didn’t bother to tell John’s brother that she already had a boyfriend.

And when he found out, he asked for his heart back.

And of course, she did not send it.

Her boyfriend called and threatened John’s brother…on voice mail.

And so he was arrested.

A week later he received his heart in the mail.

And he mailed it back.

And she mailed it back.

And he mailed it to him mom. From New York, to Texas, so she could mail it back to the ex-girlfriend.

At which point my friend John says, “Mother! You cannot get involved in this. This is crazy and you know it.”

So I stepped in and said, “Give me his heart. I will keep it. I don’t care. I’ll hang it somewhere.”

But my little happy chills were soon to be replaced with cold chills once the picture was handed to me.

You see, it wasn’t what I had pictured. My mind’s eye had created a cute little pink and red mix of Valentine fun.

What I was handed was an anatomically correct heart. I mean to tell you it is text book perfect. Any anatomy teacher would give him an “A” and any psychiatrist would refer him to the proper authorities.

You have to be careful who and what you give your heart to.

I pour mine into my kids, a few very special people, my faith, my writing, and maintaining my loss.

I don’t give it to things that don’t matter or to people who would hold me back.

That man was careless where he sent his heart, and he has no idea that it’s hanging on the wall of a woman in Texas he will never meet and that he will never get it back.

Guard your heart and keep it close. You do not want to have to go off in search of it.

GirlyMuscle
03-16-2009, 08:18 AM
My heart is in Australia. Someday I will join it.

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Erin! Why is your heart that far away? SPILL IT, SISTER!

GirlyMuscle
03-16-2009, 09:12 AM
I am in love with an Australian. Sledge to be exact. He lives in western Australia and I live in eatern Pennsylvania. That's 11,000 miles apart. But I don't regret for one second giving him my heart. He takes the best care of it.

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I am in love with an Australian. Sledge to be exact. He lives in western Australia and I live in eatern Pennsylvania. That's 11,000 miles apart. But I don't regret for one second giving him my heart. He takes the best care of it.

I had not put that together. WOW!

Love is a good thing. I am happy for you.

GirlyMuscle
03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Thank you. It's a very good thing. :D

buckimscl
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Morning Adina. Looks like things are going well. I'll check in later I have some work to do.

robert da strongman
03-16-2009, 12:35 PM
very nice post...

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Thank you. It's a very good thing. :D

One of these days...

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Morning Adina. Looks like things are going well. I'll check in later I have some work to do.

Yep...doing well!!!

Hope you're having a great day!

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 01:35 PM
very nice post...

And I used my assigned phrase!

BEAST MODE
03-16-2009, 01:48 PM
So I was having dinner with my friend John Friday night, and he started to tell me a story about his brother – the artist.

Apparently, he had gotten back together with a woman he once dated.

And he painted her a heart for Valentine’s Day.

That made me go, “Awww,” as little happy chills ran my spine.

I’m a girl. I like stuff like that!

I can’t help it!

But that wasn’t the end of the story.

She didn’t bother to tell John’s brother that she already had a boyfriend.

And when he found out, he asked for his heart back.

And of course, she did not send it.

Her boyfriend called and threatened John’s brother…on voice mail.

And so he was arrested.

A week later he received his heart in the mail.

And he mailed it back.

And she mailed it back.

And he mailed it to him mom. From New York, to Texas, so she could mail it back to the ex-girlfriend.

At which point my friend John says, “Mother! You cannot get involved in this. This is crazy and you know it.”

So I stepped in and said, “Give me his heart. I will keep it. I don’t care. I’ll hang it somewhere.”

But my little happy chills were soon to be replaced with cold chills once the picture was handed to me.

You see, it wasn’t what I had pictured. My mind’s eye had created a cute little pink and red mix of Valentine fun.

What I was handed was an anatomically correct heart. I mean to tell you it is text book perfect. Any anatomy teacher would give him an “A” and any psychiatrist would refer him to the proper authorities.

You have to be careful who and what you give your heart to.

I pour mine into my kids, a few very special people, my faith, my writing, and maintaining my loss.

I don’t give it to things that don’t matter or to people who would hold me back.

That man was careless where he sent his heart, and he has no idea that it’s hanging on the wall of a woman in Texas he will never meet and that he will never get it back.

Guard your heart and keep it close. You do not want to have to go off in search of it.

That hits really close to home Adina. I guard my heart too much sometimes I think. As a matter of fact, I think I pretty much make the thing unavailable to anyone and anything. Good stuff.

msfit
03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Everytime I put my heart out it gets caught in the meat grinder. I wish I didn't even have one sometimes. Pets R GOOD!

robert da strongman
03-16-2009, 03:33 PM
And I used my assigned phrase!

bravo!

made me think of my own struggle to keep my heart

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
That hits really close to home Adina. I guard my heart too much sometimes I think. As a matter of fact, I think I pretty much make the thing unavailable to anyone and anything. Good stuff.

I suspected that when you wouldn't call it a date.

Think of it this way, you won't look back and wish you had kept a tighter death grip on your heart. You just won't.

But you will be glad when you can look back and say you gave love a chance.

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Everytime I put my heart out it gets caught in the meat grinder. I wish I didn't even have one sometimes. Pets R GOOD!

Your heart is your best part!

You just have to be careful who's hand is on the crank of the meat grinder.

Even though mine has been broken, I still consider it my best part.

Adina Zanolli
bravo!

made me think of my own struggle to keep my heart

You don't keep it, silly!

You share it!

BEAST MODE
I suspected that when you wouldn't call it a date.

Think of it this way, you won't look back and wish you had kept a tighter death grip on your heart. You just won't.

But you will be glad when you can look back and say you gave love a chance.

Yeah, I don't think I could have a tighter "death grip" on it right now. I'm emotionally shut off. Speaking of that "fun" I was supposed to have...that girl went to my parents' house last weekend and hung out w/ my Mom because she didn't have anything else to do. Is it just me or is that strange?

robert da strongman
03-16-2009, 05:53 PM
You don't keep it, silly!

You share it!

ah that is true...but i am wary of who i share it with. it was broken severely once.

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I don't think I could have a tighter "death grip" on it right now. I'm emotionally shut off. Speaking of that "fun" I was supposed to have...that girl went to my parents' house last weekend and hung out w/ my Mom because she didn't have anything else to do. Is it just me or is that strange?

OK...she is three eggs shy of a dozen. Yeah that's strange. That's WAY strange.

She would play with your heart and dribble it like a basketball.

So....it's time to have a fun with someone else.

Who is next on the list?

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
ah that is true...but i am wary of who i share it with. it was broken severely once.

OK....you are talking to someone who has been told since birth she was ugly and useless.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...and in my case more compassionate... IF you allow it.

You are giving the person who hurt you permission to keep hurting you. It is not hard to read what you write and see that you are hurting. Remove the permission. Say it out loud if you have to.

BEAST MODE
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
OK...she is three eggs shy of a dozen. Yeah that's strange. That's WAY strange.

She would play with your heart and dribble it like a basketball.

So....it's time to have a fun with someone else.

Who is next on the list?

LOL...I like that! When my mom told me that I was just like "OK." But I was thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong w/ this girl?" And why did she make herself available now? Lots of questions, but none worth pondering too long. I'm a bit wiser now when it comes to choosing who I share my life w/.

There is no one else on the list Adina. No one at all. :D

robert da strongman
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
OK....you are talking to someone who has been told since birth she was ugly and useless.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...and in my case more compassionate... IF you allow it.

You are giving the person who hurt you permission to keep hurting you. It is not hard to read what you write and see that you are hurting. Remove the permission. Say it out loud if you have to.

...guess i just have to let it go...

BEAST MODE

I am the EXACT same way bro. I dated a super sweet girl last spring around this time of year, but I would not and could not let myself get attached to her. I was just too cautious and doubted everything. Now I'm even more that way because of the girl I dated after her.

robert da strongman
LOL...I like that! When my mom told me that I was just like "OK." But I was thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong w/ this girl?" And why did she make herself available now? Lots of questions, but none worth pondering too long. I'm a bit wiser now when it comes to choosing who I share my life w/.

There is no one else on the list Adina. No one at all. :D

move to florida...haha

BEAST MODE
03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
move to florida...haha

You know I'm already seriously considering it.

And Adina, be aware, I'm considering Texas too!

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
...guess i just have to let it go...

Will you be an old man one day wishing you had held on to the pain longer?

How many times do you hear someone say, "Thank goodness I didn't let it go sooner?"

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
You know I'm already seriously considering it.

And Adina, be aware, I'm considering Texas too!

I ain't scared!

Texas girls don't do fear.

robert da strongman
03-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Will you be an old man one day wishing you had held on to the pain longer?

How many times do you hear someone say, "Thank goodness I didn't let it go sooner?"

the pain is gone
now the learning begins...trust and openess

Adina Zanolli
03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
the pain is gone
now the learning begins...trust and openess

Not the learning. The THROWING!

You gotta throw yourself out there, Robert!

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Not the learning. The THROWING!

You gotta throw yourself out there, Robert!

That sounds dangerous to me. I mean that jokingly and seriously. I'll never throw myself out there again. I am not going to make myself available or show interest in a girl only to get burned again. It'll be up to whatever female who may be interested to take some initiative from now on.

Goodfellas
03-17-2009, 07:18 AM
I ain't scared!

Texas girls don't do fear.

Since you came over to the darkside lol does this mean yer not coming to family day now? :(

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 07:28 AM
That sounds dangerous to me. I mean that jokingly and seriously. I'll never throw myself out there again. I am not going to make myself available or show interest in a girl only to get burned again. It'll be up to whatever female who may be interested to take some initiative from now on.

OHHH!!! You better stay out of Texas then! That is very unsouthern.

If you walk around expecting to be hurt, you will. That is what you put off.

I walk around smiling and happy expecting to get it in return. I get it almost all the time.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Since you came over to the darkside lol does this mean yer not coming to family day now? :(

I'm still posting over there! My thread is still active.

Do you mean the thing in New York in May?

If that is what you mean, I am not sure if I am going. I am a single mom. I went to the ASC. I could go to either the thing in May or the Olympia, but not both. I will have to decide.

Goodfellas
03-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm still posting over there! My thread is still active.

Do you mean the thing in New York in May?

If that is what you mean, I am not sure if I am going. I am a single mom. I went to the ASC. I could go to either the thing in May or the Olympia, but not both. I will have to decide.

Yeah I know it is :)

It is May 30th now.

I am scared to death to fly so the thing in May is a short drive for me :cool:

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 07:58 AM
We all have to do things from time to time to heal our souls.

I was being tugged in two distinctly different directions yesterday, and it was making me very unhappy.

My soul needed a break.

So I sought out my soul-healing friend, because I knew he would make me feel better. Actually, just seeing his name pop up in my Inbox makes me feel better.

The thing is, he said exactly what I knew he would, in just the way I knew he would say it. “Adina!!! You can’t please everyone.”

And somewhere in the mix there is another phrase he uses on me when I have choices to make. “What does Adina want to do???”

In a sea of tug-of-war, he was my life jacket.

But how many people drown because they didn’t use their life jacket?

When all I could hear was two conflicting views over which way to go, I had to choose to remember that I could remove myself from the situation at hand and seek the advice of a friend.

Just because there are choices to be made does not mean I had to make them on the spot.

So I took a step back, and listened to his words.

And the rest of my day was better, because something he said made me laugh out loud. My best friend made fun of me later, because I was smiling for no reason.

He just called me a dork when I said he wouldn’t understand.

And when my eyes popped open this morning and the stress returned for a moment, I put on that life jacket again.

I wanted to lay there and think of the choices that lay ahead, but I knew what he would say about that too.

“You let THAT keep you from cardio on an empty stomach this morning? Yeah. That’s real smart.”
No matter what is getting you down today or any day, you’re only one friend away from a life jacket. All you have to do is put it on.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah I know it is :)

It is May 30th now.

I am scared to death to fly so the thing in May is a short drive for me :cool:

See...I figure if it's my day it's my day, and I'd rather die flying to something fabulous than sitting at home in front of my TV!

I am working on it, and trying to get there.

I've only been to New York twice. The first time was just in an airport. Although it was a full day in an air port.

The second was this summer for the Today Show, so I only had like 36 hours there.

I want to go there and see something!

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
OHHH!!! You better stay out of Texas then! That is very unsouthern.

If you walk around expecting to be hurt, you will. That is what you put off.

I walk around smiling and happy expecting to get it in return. I get it almost all the time.

Maybe some day it will happen again, but I definitely do not see it changing any time soon. I'm young though, so that's the least of my worries.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe some day it will happen again, but I definitely do not see it changing any time soon. I'm young though, so that's the least of my worries.

But...you know how it goes...

You have to be able to see it to achieve it!

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
We all have to do things from time to time to heal our souls.

I was being tugged in two distinctly different directions yesterday, and it was making me very unhappy.

My soul needed a break.

So I sought out my soul-healing friend, because I knew he would make me feel better. Actually, just seeing his name pop up in my Inbox makes me feel better.

The thing is, he said exactly what I knew he would, in just the way I knew he would say it. “Adina!!! You can’t please everyone.”

And somewhere in the mix there is another phrase he uses on me when I have choices to make. “What does Adina want to do???”

In a sea of tug-of-war, he was my life jacket.

But how many people drown because they didn’t use their life jacket?

When all I could hear was two conflicting views over which way to go, I had to choose to remember that I could remove myself from the situation at hand and seek the advice of a friend.

Just because there are choices to be made does not mean I had to make them on the spot.

So I took a step back, and listened to his words.

And the rest of my day was better, because something he said made me laugh out loud. My best friend made fun of me later, because I was smiling for no reason.

He just called me a dork when I said he wouldn’t understand.

And when my eyes popped open this morning and the stress returned for a moment, I put on that life jacket again.

I wanted to lay there and think of the choices that lay ahead, but I knew what he would say about that too.

“You let THAT keep you from cardio on an empty stomach this morning? Yeah. That’s real smart.”
No matter what is getting you down today or any day, you’re only one friend away from a life jacket. All you have to do is put it on.

should change the thread title to Adina's life jackets...

great post today!

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
should change the thread title to Adina's life jackets...

great post today!

I'll have to tell my friend he helped me write a good thing! He's sappy, but he would never admist it!!!

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 04:51 PM
My son is on a church trip.

He just sent me a text message with a picture.

I quote him...."I killed this."

BEAST MODE
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
LOL! Any idea what kind of snake that is?

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I'll have to tell my friend he helped me write a good thing! He's sappy, but he would never admist it!!!

yeah but if it was sappy i wouldnt read it.
somedays things just hit me that say....yeah just what you needed.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
No clue! And he's all acting brave in his texts to me. I know somewhere from deep within a girly noise came out when he saw that thing!

We're Texans. But we are indoor people!!

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
yeah but if it was sappy i wouldnt read it.
somedays things just hit me that say....yeah just what you needed.

I'm way sappy.

(I guess you already knew that!)

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm way sappy.

(I guess you already knew that!)

haha...we love ya here for it.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
haha...we love ya here for it.

It causes me very little grief. I used to think it would. It has maybe twice.

AMAZING!

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
but a happy attitude, even a sappy one, can be contagious.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 09:17 PM
but a happy attitude, even a sappy one, can be contagious.

That's why you're only supposed to hang around people who lift you up!!! Whatever you're around, good or bad, is bound to rub off on you.

And it's hard to rub off that negative stuff. It stains!

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
That's why you're only supposed to hang around people who lift you up!!! Whatever you're around, good or bad, is bound to rub off on you.

And it's hard to rub off that negative stuff. It stains!

i try!
amazingly i have gotten so much positive support from my parents lately it scares me.
i also avoid one of my coworkers as much as possible. the poor guy is so negative. and any attempt to be positive is sucked away...

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
i try!
amazingly i have gotten so much positive support from my parents lately it scares me.
i also avoid one of my coworkers as much as possible. the poor guy is so negative. and any attempt to be positive is sucked away...

As much as I hate it, some people you just have to avoid. There is just no way around it.

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 09:44 PM
As much as I hate it, some people you just have to avoid. There is just no way around it.

or run like a scared girl.
poor guy thrives on the negative though.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 09:51 PM
or run like a scared girl.
poor guy thrives on the negative though.

The funny thing is though, they usually don't know they are this way.

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 09:52 PM
took some major mishaps for me to realize it.
but yeah i think he is clueless.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
took some major mishaps for me to realize it.
but yeah i think he is clueless.

It's like with everything else. Sometimes you don't realize it until you take a step back from it.

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
or get punched in the face by it.

i have learned to deal with things a lot better than i used to. more often than not i laugh.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 10:10 PM
or get punched in the face by it.

i have learned to deal with things a lot better than i used to. more often than not i laugh.

Well...when you think about it, obviously I have too.

I used to eat when you were punching!

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Well...when you think about it, obviously I have too.

I used to eat when you were punching!

when bad stuff happened i just would lose it and mope. thinking the world was going to end. usually over the smallest things.

i realized there was more to life than that. those little mishaps or even the big ones were not permanent or long term.

a good book that put it into perspective was gimp...about the guy in murderball.

of course going through a nasty divorce and leaving a stressful job to restart in florida has put a lot of things into perspective for me. changed me immensely

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 10:24 PM
when bad stuff happened i just would lose it and mope. thinking the world was going to end. usually over the smallest things.

i realized there was more to life than that. those little mishaps or even the big ones were not permanent or long term.

a good book that put it into perspective was gimp...about the guy in murderball.

of course going through a nasty divorce and leaving a stressful job to restart in florida has put a lot of things into perspective for me. changed me immensely

What I had to do was learn to relax, let go, and trust.

Like with my life jacket friend I wrote about today... He was a life jacket all along, but I didn't act like it.

It was like pulling teeth for me to open up to him.

I turned away his listening ears many times before I put my faith in him.

And isn't that the mark of a good friend? One that lets you walk away...and walk away...and walk away, but somehow is always there right by your side.

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 10:28 PM
What I had to do was learn to relax, let go, and trust.

Like with my life jacket friend I wrote about today... He was a life jacket all along, but I didn't act like it.

It was like pulling teeth for me to open up to him.

I turned away his listening ears many times before I put my faith in him.

And isn't that the mark of a good friend? One that lets you walk away...and walk away...and walk away, but somehow is always there right by your side.

yes that is a good friend. they are also the ones that can tell you when to shut it and quit complaining. i have discovered a few of them.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 10:48 PM
yes that is a good friend. they are also the ones that can tell you when to shut it and quit complaining. i have discovered a few of them.

I went out to eat tonight with my best friend.

We sit down and he says, "I'm going to order the seafood platter."

"You won't like it. You never do."

"I know, but I'm going to give it one more try."

"OK....but...no whining."

He gets it. It's terrible. He proceeds to whine.

I grab him by the shoulders and lovingly say, "Shut your pie hole."

robert da strongman
03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
I went out to eat tonight with my best friend.

We sit down and he says, "I'm going to order the seafood platter."

"You won't like it. You never do."

"I know, but I'm going to give it one more try."

"OK....but...no whining."

He gets it. It's terrible. He proceeds to whine.

I grab him by the shoulders and lovingly say, "Shut your pie hole."

haha!! no nonsense...being a guy i would have made him eat all of it.
my training partner is like that with me.

Adina Zanolli
03-17-2009, 11:17 PM
haha!! no nonsense...being a guy i would have made him eat all of it.
my training partner is like that with me.

The kicker was when he said the catfish tasted "fishy"...

225orDie
03-18-2009, 12:15 AM

I would punch my mama in the face for some catfish right about now! Ok JK I would never hit a woman....much less my mom!

musclegoddess65
03-18-2009, 01:41 AM

hey girl... wish I would have known you were at the arnold would have loved to have met ya!!!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
03-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Musclegoddess,We were all over the Expo sorry I miissed you too! Did you see the great pictures i posted?

Adina Zanolli
03-18-2009, 07:39 AM
I would punch my mama in the face for some catfish right about now! Ok JK I would never hit a woman....much less my mom!

No, Richard. Remember...it's FISHY tasting.

YUCK!

Adina Zanolli
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM
hey girl... wish I would have known you were at the arnold would have loved to have met ya!!!

You were there too?

OH NO!!!

It's funny. You think that if there are some of your people there you will cross their path. But...NO!

I am finding out I missed so many...and that was with meeting a LOT of people!

We will meet!

Adina Zanolli
03-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Musclegoddess,We were all over the Expo sorry I miissed you too! Did you see the great pictures i posted?

I LOVE having so many pictures to choose from for my Avi.

This one is next!

Adina Zanolli
03-18-2009, 07:45 AM
It’s always funny when I think I’m writing something for myself, or for someone in particular, and I get replies from several people thinking I wrote it just for them.

Those are my favorite replies to get.

When I write something like I did yesterday, I wonder that I am being selfish.

And in a way I was.

I had one person, and one person only, on my mind when I wrote my Blog for yesterday.

I believe in letting the ones you care about know that they made a difference in your life and that they mean something to you.

But in the end, what seemed selfish words for one became shared words with many.

And while I conquered my battle with obesity in public, for all the world to see, his biggest conquest was a struggle in private with few accolades. So the fact that a story he inspired would inspire others has double meaning for me.

So…is being selfish really all that bad?

I say no. Sometimes you just have to be a little selfish.

And sometimes a little selfishness leads to the biggest rewards.

I am selfish with my gym time. No one can have it. As a result, I am a happier healthier person to be around.

I am selfish with my meals. I will not eat out if the only option will be junk. And as a result, my mood stays in check and my spirits stay lifted. That surely makes me a better mom! And when you think of it, a better example to my kids.

And I’m selfish with the last few minutes of my day. That’s when I write this. No calls. No texts. No interruptions.

And as a result, you are reading this now!

Sometimes, you just have to be a little selfish.

musclegoddess65
03-18-2009, 07:57 AM

no, where are the pictures/??

musclegoddess65
03-18-2009, 07:58 AM
You were there too?

OH NO!!!

It's funny. You think that if there are some of your people there you will cross their path. But...NO!

I am finding out I missed so many...and that was with meeting a LOT of people!

We will meet!

i think next year maybe there should be a couple of meet up times at the species booth...

musclegoddess65
03-18-2009, 08:00 AM
I LOVE having so many pictures to choose from for my Avi.

This one is next!

oh I gots one of them too on Saturday...

Adina Zanolli
03-18-2009, 08:00 AM
i think next year maybe there should be a couple of meet up times at the species booth...

If you walk aroun with the Mayor, you'll meet most forum members. Because of that T-shirt, everyone kept coming up to tell us their screen name!

If was great!

I think there does need to be a time and place.

I met most peopel at the Oh Yeah! booth...it was neutral ground.