PDA

View Full Version : Who is sick and tired of hearing Shawn Ray knock the Keto diet!

Hardgainer24
03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
The more and more the season goes on, the more i hear Shawn Ray and Flex bitch about how people cannot compete at the level they need using this diet. I wish this would just fade away, and for them to just admit it works for some.

italianmanMASS
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
agreed i just think shawn ray's a whiney douche in general lmao

chucksm00th
03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
The more and more the season goes on, the more i hear Shawn Ray and Flex bitch about how people cannot compete at the level they need using this diet. I wish this would just fade away, and for them to just admit it works for some.

Its totally obvious that they are bashing the diet due to the main reason they are faithful to Blechman..Im sure they know the diet works well but they are probably "told" to knock it as much as possible so as not to give Dave anymore buisness or credentials. Steve B is an undermining fuck and he will get his in time

italianmanMASS
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
X2!!! shawn ray (bustin out the kneepads) for steve b-man lol

MichaelWayne
03-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm just getting sick of B-man period....

Hardgainer24
03-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Shawn also mentioned during an interview that Toney Freeman said that he will not be using the diet anymore due to the lengthy time it takes to fill up. Pure bullshit in my opinion. Toney's stated before its only because prejudging was at noon when he only had 2 meals.

chucksm00th
03-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Shawn also mentioned during an interview that Toney Freeman said that he will not be using the diet anymore due to the lengthy time it takes to fill up. Pure bullshit in my opinion. Toney's stated before its only because prejudging was at noon when he only had 2 meals.

Toney used dave in the past and placed fairly well in the olympia a few years back, last year he didnt used dave and he had a shitty placing, this year he used Dave and Placed 5th @ the Olympia and 4th of the arnold, apparently Dave knows what hes doing, as far as Toney Taking a long time to carb up, im sure Dave recommend he didnt not eat too much as to hurt his chances of spilling over.

Zetawill
03-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Sick of Shawn's whining in general.

BigJD69
03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
If he's bashing it because of his boss he's a Duschbag. I have tried the diet and it has worked for me, but I have a really slow metabolism and my body doesn't process carbs and sugars well. If you have no issues with carbs and sugars you can get away with using another diet IMO

The Thinker
03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
The only way to shut up the people who are negative towards the Keto diet is to win shows. Results speak louder than words.

chucksm00th
03-09-2009, 04:32 PM
The only way to shut up the people who are negative towards the Keto diet is to win shows. Results speak louder than words.

Your absolutely right, however if Toney does win the Olympia under Daves wing, you can bet your bank account that fuck will still say it doesnt work.:eek:

The Thinker
03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Your absolutely right, however if Toney does win the Olympia under Daves wing, you can bet your bank account that fuck will still say it doesnt work.:eek:

Yeah, if that scenario did play out I agree Sean would spin it. I don't think Flex would as he gives props when people surprise him. I think it is a long shot that Toney would win the Olympia (although it is possible). If he were to place top 3 then I think some up and coming guys may look into using the Keto. I don't think any of the top guys would make that big of a change as they will stick with the "devil the know." Once several guys obtain success then it is really hard to be negative towards keto and maintain credibility. The debate resembles a religious / political disagreement now.

GrowthGifted
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Dont get them wrong man,
Shawn ray didn't said keto diets DON'T WORK. What he commended with flex what that the x-man looked a bit flat on the arnold 2009, due to the low carb ingestion that occured while he was on his keto diet. Branch warren also said that keto diets may get you lean, but they won't fill you up due to the lower water intake. This doesn't mean keto diets dont WORK. You need to define what the term WORK means for you.. Making someone lose fat or build muscle etc..

bigmikecox
03-18-2009, 04:59 AM
Its totally obvious that they are bashing the diet due to the main reason they are faithful to Blechman..Im sure they know the diet works well but they are probably "told" to knock it as much as possible so as not to give Dave anymore buisness or credentials. Steve B is an undermining fuck and he will get his in time

That diet works for some people. Personally, I could NEVER diet on close to zero carbs. Tried it for a little bit and all I did was get flat and grumpy. In BBing, diets and trends come and go. The keto diet was popular back in the early 90's now its back.

Ninja Loco
03-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Im sick of Shawn Ray. Period.