PDA

View Full Version : milk in protein shakes

luv2lft
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I have heard that when you mis protein back into milk you kinda loose something. does it get digested differently? I cannot mix my choc protein with water so I use 2% milk, Is the ok? will i still get maximum obsorbion

thanks

Carlos Godoy
03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Why u can't mix with water?
I don't know if you lose something when u mix it, but probalily u add more protein into it.

Swede
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
stop worrying so much.

yes light milk is fine, you wont loose any muscle of the absorbion is 0.004354532545% slower then it would have been with water..

luv2lft
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I heard the digestion was different with water the protein goes right in to get used and with milk it get digested diff with the milk proteins and fat????

not sure

Swede
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
stop worrying so much.

Roots
03-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey luv2lft, beating off in the evening has been shown to be much more effective than beating off in the morning. Beating off in the evening has been known to drastically reduce muscle mass and cause horrible oily discharge and vomiting.

Swede
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey luv2lft, beating off in the evening has been shown to be much more effective than beating off in the morning. Beating off in the evening has been known to drastically reduce muscle mass and cause horrible oily discharge and vomiting.

Cant count the times I been about to go to the gym, and decided to masturbate, and eneded up never leaving the house haha.

Strikerrjones
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I have heard that when you mis protein back into milk you kinda loose something. does it get digested differently? I cannot mix my choc protein with water so I use 2% milk, Is the ok? will i still get maximum obsorbion

thanks

Milk protein mostly consists of casein, which is a very slow digesting protein. Theoretically mixing it with whey protein would slow down absorption of the whey.
I remember reading in an issue of MD however about a study where athletes just took whey protein and other athletes took a whey and casein. The athletes that took the mix gained more muscle. I doubt I even have the issue anymore as it was at least a year ago, but if I have time I'll look for it.

I always mix my protein powder with milk. It just tastes better and I use a lot less powder over time.

DAVIDHARDY
03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
There have been a few articles in MD about how good it is to drink skim milk after you train. 2% really isn't that much different at all.

HERC75
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Just use skim milk and call it a day.

Canuck_Muscle
03-09-2009, 11:44 PM
I mix mine with water normally and will buy flavours like Vanilla or cookies and cream so the taste is still good. At night though I always take my shakes with milk for that little slower absorption. I am not sure on the exact science but from what I have read over the years on the subject it brings to mind that it is better to have it with water after a workout and milk at night. Maybe Dave or John could shed some more light on the subject who knows. Would be a good question in Daves thread.

Pryme
03-10-2009, 12:09 AM
I don't drink milk at all, but even when I did, I used water for protein shakes. I am not into the breast milk meant for baby calves and all the wholesome extras, like puss, blood, rbst, igf-1 etc etc. yummy.

Hardly Krishna
03-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Cant count the times I been about to go to the gym, and decided to masturbate, and eneded up never leaving the house haha.
I've actually missed a job interview because I was jerking off.

BigJD69
03-10-2009, 09:56 AM
As Arnold said in Pumping Iron "milk is for babies"

chucksm00th
03-10-2009, 10:00 AM
if your poor and cant afford whey protein then drink milk, otherwise its not necessary....If you want more calories, just add more oatmeal or ANPB in your shake.
As for absorbtion, fat from milk can potentially slow down a bit of absorbtion, but so would the ANPB. Just stick to water...