PDA

View Full Version : LA Fitness membership. 19 bucks/month, No initiation fee + no contract

desibaba
03-01-2010, 10:44 PM
LA Fitness has been sending out random emails to former members asking them to come back for no initiation fee, No contract and only 19 bucks a month for ALL La fitness clubs in florida. All you will need to pay is first and last months dues (about 40 bucks to start).

In order for you to pull this off you will need to ask to speak to the manager and say you received such an email but unfortunately you DELETED it. If you sound confident and legit they will do it. I was NEVER a member there but got one at that rate this way. And no its not wrong or unethical to do that. They routinely charge people 200 dollars for initiation and 50 bucks a month to those dumb enough to be talked into it so dont feel too bad about pulling this on them. And like i said insist on getting that rate and that you accidentally deleted the email with that offer. The manager needs to sign you up though.

barbellbarbie
03-01-2010, 10:54 PM
the ones they have here would have to be free for me to want to go to them because they are wall to wall skinny nasty heroin addict looking wanna be models that all seem to have an 80s hair band fetish

a friend of mine teaches pilates at the one on hollywood blvd... i went to train with her one day and literally felt like vomiting the moment i walked in and saw these...guys..

Biggie908
03-02-2010, 01:11 AM
i pay 37 in nj

anabolic fyre
03-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Damn i wish LA fitness was that cheap here in NY, its prob the best gym in the area its like 70 a month. I just go to some shythole in the wall thats like 25 a month

happy
03-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Retro fitness is only 19.95 per month..

snigs
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
you can get 24 hour fitness for 12.5 $ a month from Costco for 2 years

Medium Extreme
03-02-2010, 11:18 AM
La Fitness has good equipment for the most part but their sales staff and trainers are usually tools. No hello when walking in....no good bye when walking out. The trainers are the worst. Showing their clients bad form and usually just trying to pick up ass rather than actually teach them something. It's one big sales pitch.

happy
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Im looking into opening my a Retro fitness ..
very impressive for 19.95..
Great equipment.

CichirelloMagnet
03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I like how it's not wrong or unethical. You're lying, if you do this without receiving the email, but it's not wrong or unethical.

Voland
03-02-2010, 12:32 PM
La Fitness has good equipment for the most part but their sales staff and trainers are usually tools. No hello when walking in....no good bye when walking out. The trainers are the worst. Showing their clients bad form and usually just trying to pick up ass rather than actually teach them something. It's one big sales pitch.

I don't need any of that; hi, goodbye, smiles, competent trainers/staff. If there is good equipment im in. 20$ seem a fair price.

Im paying 40€ for a municipal gym. I find it a theft, but 70€ is even more of a theft for a private gym.

desibaba
03-02-2010, 07:12 PM
you can get 24 hour fitness for 12.5 $ a month from Costco for 2 years
With 24 hour fitness you will need to pay 199 upfront at costco. You wont get any money back if you want to cancel. Also you cant go to any supersport clubs either. With LA you go month by month and can cancel at any time. They do make it hard to cancel though just so you know.

MsGuns
03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Iris Kyle trains at one here in Houston...must be a great place.

Colin K
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
i used to go to the one previously mentioned on Hollywood BLVD in LA.

Forget the staff (trainers for the most part were dick heads, on cell phones and checking out girls while training clients)

The gym is equiped, free parking etc, but yes some weirdos and lots of wannabes but that will come in most gyms in LA.

$20 a month is great!!........I was paying 29 when i was a member last year before i moved country.

I got that email myself, been getting it every week for the last 4 weeks, heres the content.

LA Fitness is making it easy to come back
to our club and stay in shape!
Colin, we know that times like these can cause some to sacrifice their fitness goals for financial reasons. If you've had to face this choice, we'd like to help if we can. Because you've been a loyal supporter of LA Fitness in the past, we're extending this opportunity for you to get back on a regular fitness program with us. This offer is being extended to former members in good standing who have been non-members for 6 months or more.
This offer is available online only through this link.

Restart your membership today for $0 initiation fee and only $19.99 per month for single club access, or $24.99 per month for multi-club access. First and last months' dues required at the time of enrollment.*

This offer is good only for the person named in this email and is non- transferable. This offer can only be activated online, so click on the button above to start the process. It's quick and easy. We hope to see you back in the club soon!

whatdayaknow
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
the ones they have here would have to be free for me to want to go to them because they are wall to wall skinny nasty heroin addict looking wanna be models that all seem to have an 80s hair band fetish

a friend of mine teaches pilates at the one on hollywood blvd... i went to train with her one day and literally felt like vomiting the moment i walked in and saw these...guys..

Do you live in the area? If so what gym do you rtypically frequent? We used to go to the Gold's on Pine Island Road. I really enjoyed that gym.

whatdayaknow
03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I go to LA Fitness here because that is the only decent gym in the area. Gyms here are awful.

hulk7280
03-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I pay 199.99 a year @ my LA fitness.

Sandpig
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Damn i wish LA fitness was that cheap here in NY, its prob the best gym in the area its like 70 a month. I just go to some shythole in the wall thats like 25 a month

Holy shit!
$19/month for the Gold's chain in the Vegas valley.

desibaba
03-03-2010, 12:02 AM
John Romano used to work out at a local LA Fitness here in west palm beach a few months ago.

Diggy
03-03-2010, 01:11 AM
LA on Okee and Military = shite, noone puts weights back messy and smells

Wellington one = ehhhh, my boy saw someone leave shit in the shower on the floor

Northlake one = Good

PGA one = I like

Boca one = Crowded as fakk at 6pm...machines broken for a month

Coral Springs/Parkland one= Converted Trendy Gym with Rockwall...had some weird equip, but small in workout area

Coconut Creek one= Full of tools

Ive been to more but Ill stop there

Piotr Rasputin
03-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Iris Kyle trains at one here in Houston...must be a great place.

Which one?

Voland
03-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Its ironic how some hardcore people are too exquisite to workout at a gym just because the atmosphere is not ideal although in most case those gym have all the equipment you need. Yep yep HxC extreme.

Chadstallion
03-03-2010, 01:33 PM

you had me right until the last word of your post.....LOL

ypmm5
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM
i pay 37 in nj

I pay about 38 bucks in miami, fl

ajmusic24
05-13-2010, 08:49 AM
i used to go to the one previously mentioned on Hollywood BLVD in LA.

Forget the staff (trainers for the most part were dick heads, on cell phones and checking out girls while training clients)

The gym is equiped, free parking etc, but yes some weirdos and lots of wannabes but that will come in most gyms in LA.

$20 a month is great!!........I was paying 29 when i was a member last year before i moved country.

I got that email myself, been getting it every week for the last 4 weeks, heres the content.

LA Fitness is making it easy to come back
to our club and stay in shape!
Colin, we know that times like these can cause some to sacrifice their fitness goals for financial reasons. If you've had to face this choice, we'd like to help if we can. Because you've been a loyal supporter of LA Fitness in the past, we're extending this opportunity for you to get back on a regular fitness program with us. This offer is being extended to former members in good standing who have been non-members for 6 months or more.
This offer is available online only through this link.

Restart your membership today for $0 initiation fee and only $19.99 per month for single club access, or $24.99 per month for multi-club access. First and last months' dues required at the time of enrollment.*

This offer is good only for the person named in this email and is non- transferable. This offer can only be activated online, so click on the button above to start the process. It's quick and easy. We hope to see you back in the club soon!

Colin, Can you post the link that was in your LA Fitness email above?

Thanks,
AJ

MikeS
05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
You couldnt pay me enough to train at LA fitness

The Big Sexy
05-13-2010, 03:19 PM

Address please?

Steve56
05-13-2010, 06:35 PM

wow!! are they single? lol

Steve56
05-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Address please?

lol i diddnt even see your post...we think alike!!

LisaRD23
05-14-2010, 09:51 AM
When they closed down the gym near my house LA Fitness came in, they opened one of thier signature clubs "Esporta". Reg membership is like $54 a month. I luckily was able to take advantage of thier pre-sale and got my membership with no contract for $40 a month.

Has pool, b-ball court, pliates studio, and some other class studios.

It's the same crowd as the gym that used to be there so it's pretty cool. I'm not too crazy about some of the equipment though. All these newer machines, like lat pull down, cable rows, etc... don't have real cables. They have bands instead. I think it makes the movements on these exercises feel very diferent.

But hey, it's 5min from home, I got a good rate, the hours work for me, so I guess I can't complain:)

happy
05-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Retro Fitness
The best gym for the money
19.99 per month for life.
Check it out..
Retro Fitness.net

Massfreak2063
05-14-2010, 10:23 AM

agreed..would HAVE to be free...blech, I don't even need to set foot in one to tell you that

Tre
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
the ones they have here would have to be free for me to want to go to them...

x2

LA Workout (not LA Fitness) in Woodland Hills used to be awesome, but after they closed another location and consolidated - not to mention that bullshit that went down with Cameo Kneuer's training scam - it turned to shit and eventually got sold to Gold's and is now the Woodland Hills Athletic Club.

Uh, why did I just go into all that? :dunno:

Oh, because Fitness 19 is just 5 bucks a month for life...just gotta pay the $200 enrollment. So, even if you just stay a year, that's only like $22/month.

lilarnold
05-14-2010, 11:42 AM
i will go check this out. it isnt super close to me but for 20 bucks might as well

lilarnold
05-14-2010, 11:44 AM
what do you people care about who is in the place? you should have your i-pod on and be focusing on yourself.

my gym is full of 20 year old beach body punks and i could care less. i dont even wear headphones either. and celine dion is on the music system. im so focused on my training i could seriously give 2 shits whats happening around me

Massfreak2063
05-14-2010, 01:41 PM
what do you people care about who is in the place? you should have your i-pod on and be focusing on yourself.

my gym is full of 20 year old beach body punks and i could care less. i dont even wear headphones either. and celine dion is on the music system. im so focused on my training i could seriously give 2 shits whats happening around me

you've obviously never worked out in metroflex if you don't think atmosphere can and DOES make a HUGE difference

MiamiMadePunk
05-14-2010, 02:07 PM
LA Fitness has been sending out random emails to former members asking them to come back for no initiation fee, No contract and only 19 bucks a month for ALL La fitness clubs in florida. All you will need to pay is first and last months dues (about 40 bucks to start).

In order for you to pull this off you will need to ask to speak to the manager and say you received such an email but unfortunately you DELETED it. If you sound confident and legit they will do it. I was NEVER a member there but got one at that rate this way. And no its not wrong or unethical to do that. They routinely charge people 200 dollars for initiation and 50 bucks a month to those dumb enough to be talked into it so dont feel too bad about pulling this on them. And like i said insist on getting that rate and that you accidentally deleted the email with that offer. The manager needs to sign you up though.

What kind of stupid plan is this, all I know if the gym's name is not metroflex, gold's gym new haven or bev.francis powerhouse, I'm not joining in fact I would rather train at my hardcore garage gym than join those pussy gyms like ballys and L.A fitness any day of the week.

BIG AL WILLIAMS
05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Retro Fitness is $19.99 per month around here but as far as total equipment is no match for LA Fitness.However LA Fitness which is only about 5 miles away from that gym is overcrowded and members are pooling into Retro now.

Diggy
05-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Retro Fitness is $19.99 per month around here but as far as total equipment is no match for LA Fitness.However LA Fitness which is only about 5 miles away from that gym is overcrowded and members are pooling into Retro now.

I wondered how retro was, there is one close enough to where I work for 19.99 and its 21k sq ft...I guess I have to check it out because I hate la fitness and how crowded it is

MiamiMadePunk
05-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I wondered how retro was, there is one close enough to where I work for 19.99 and its 21k sq ft...I guess I have to check it out because I hate la fitness and how crowded it is

ballys is overcrowded you know and I'm like "20 min to wait for a good hammer strength machine, come on, this is the gym, not the arnold expo".

The Big Sexy
05-14-2010, 04:04 PM
I used to go to an LA Fitness with an EX up in Lake Forrest and it was pretty good... decent equipment and nothing to bitch about really.

happy
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
You will love Retro Fitness.
You can train hardcore there.
And for only 19.99 per month
you can train at anyone you want..

Colin K
05-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Colin, Can you post the link that was in your LA Fitness email above?

Thanks,
AJ

https://www.lafitness.com/Pages/OnlineCampaignFindClub.aspx

all yours.