PDA

View Full Version : Let's Just Be Honest. Female Bodybuilding Is Not Thriving Because us FBB's Have Mutilated Our Bodies

SessionGal
03-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Great discussions going on about the sex trade in this industry. But I'm going to be 100 % honest and I absolutely know I'll get flack for this. Competitive Female Bodybuilders have mutilated themselves with GH, AAS, site injections, etc. I've done it. I can't think of any other top ranking IFBB pro that hasn't done it either. I often hear "so and so" has a gorgeous face. So what. Some do. But bottom line us females are not meant to get as muscular as that. After seeing it for years I think it looks ridiculous. Is our self-esteem so low that we feel we must absolutely take it to the next level with AAS? To get a bit more lean? A bit more muscular? Why couldn't we just have had enough confidence to build ourselves up naturally. Let nature take its course. Get as big as we could naturally. Get as lean as possible with just diet and cardio. If every single FBB had a Cindy Crawford/ Christy Brinkly/Megan Fox face, it would not change one goddamn thing. I embrace bikini and figure. I'm saddened to know women in both use and consider AAS use. That is how God meant for us to look. God I wish I could change things. But I can't. And I 100% believe this is what is wrong with female bodybuilding. Until the current pros and upcoming competitors acknowledge this we will find new drugs to enhance our physiques even more. And more and more people will be disgusted and embrace bikini and figure. And I don't blame them one bit.

MsGuns
03-02-2010, 12:59 AM
SG, you bring up some interesting topics...keep them coming!!! Thx for sharing...Ive been tryin to rep you but it says I have to spread it to others b4 giving you more...lol

sassy69
03-02-2010, 01:09 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2m43qlx.gif

I got nuthin left to add to this that I haven't spouted about at least 3 different boards for the last 10 yrs.

SessionGal
03-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I find one of the biggest problems in the industry is nobody wants to talk about it. I know for a fact I am not the only female who feels this way. I know one current top IFBB pro. She has shot to the top in a fairly short amount of time. She is still quite young and has done enough AAS to make her literally one of the biggest gals in the IFBB. Behind the scenes she is a shambles. Broken down. Although she has a supportive husband, she is in a hard place. She puts on a front on internet forums, interviews, on stage. I should add I do know her and her husband personally. She has many regrets and everything piled on top of her the last couple years. And like most she can't turn back. She will keep going forward and part of her wants to as she is a definite Ms O contender. But she is an absolute wreck. And my heart cries out for her. So young. She has the same mind set I had and still have. I've gone this far...I may as well go all the way. Maybe if we discuss these things we will find as a group we have the power and support to change things and what we have done to the sport. We can support each other. It's okay not to win. It's okay to plateau and struggle. It is okay that it is extremely hard to take our bodies to the next point. It IS okay. If this is the maximum point our bodies can get to IT IS OKAY.

SessionGal
03-02-2010, 01:13 AM

I got nuthin left to add to this that I haven't spouted about at least 3 different boards for the last 10 yrs.

Then feel free not to add anything. I haven't been participating on boards the last 10 years and I do have lots to say.

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 01:14 AM
i think you really need to speak for yourself. Most pro fbbs i know are very happy with their bodies so perhaps its just you that has low self esteem and went to a place you were uncomfortable with and now its too late

i am not a pro obviously but i do use gear and i have in NO WAY mutilated my body. IMO the out of shape.. fat people that sit there clogging their arteries with pile upon pile of stretch marks are the ones mutilating and killing themselves

perhaps if you had learned to use moderation and set realistic LONG TERM goals rather than abused with the sole purpose of fast dramatic gains you would not have had the sides you currently do.. my gains are certainly slower than some woman that use gear but mine are steady and i am ZERO of the sides you have mentioned in your various posts..

SessionGal
03-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I am surprised to hear that. I'm very close with many FBB's and every single one have regrets. Although I should add that with many the regrets come at a later age. I know so many that put on an act and I know them personally. I should mention many sides do creep up slowly. I did once use in moderation and was indeed surprised to notice things just crawled up. But like you mentioned you are not a pro. The amounts of AAS some use compared to what you use is most likely a whole different ball game.

sassy69
03-02-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm curious if you hear the same from the guys on the amounts they use.

SessionGal
03-02-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm curious if you hear the same from the guys on the amounts they use.

I don't quite understand the question. Are you asking me if I hear guys complain about what they have done to their bodies with AAS use?

Sledge
03-02-2010, 01:25 AM
I don't quite understand the question. Are you asking me if I hear guys complain about what they have done to their bodies with AAS use?

Think she is. Same as women. Thats what we're talking about here right AAS use and abuse.

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 01:25 AM
I am surprised to hear that. I'm very close with many FBB's and every single one have regrets. Although I should add that with many the regrets come at a later age. I know so many that put on an act and I know them personally. I should mention many sides do creep up slowly. I did once use in moderation and was indeed surprised to notice things just crawled up. But like you mentioned you are not a pro. The amounts of AAS some use compared to what you use is most likely a whole different ball game.
i am not nor would i ever want to be a pro but i atleast KNOW what i am comfortable with long term and clearly you did not.. i think about further into the future than tomorrow.. perhaps more should.. i know that if i got too muscular (for me) or got the hair growth or the voice change or the jaw growth etc that i would have completely counteracted the entire reason i started lifting.. and that was to LIKE what i saw in the mirror,

i am very close with several and the biggest regret i have heard is that she didnt get implants lol shes correcting that this summer

are you hoping for some kind of sympathy from this thread? you have exactly NO ONE to blame but yourself if you are unhappy with what YOU did to YOURSELF

Ibarramedia
03-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Sessiongirl, I'm assuming you are talking about the undesirable side effects that AAS and HGH wrecked upon you and countless others. If there was a drug or a 'Super Soldier formula' (for lack of a better word) that could give you all the muscular size and strength without the undesirable side effects, would you change your mind on this? Would you take it?

The drugs like everything else, evolves. There are myostatin inhibitors that make rats in a lab extremely muscular with very low fat levels. 50 years from now, such a drug may exist.

In the past year alone, I have read many pro drug and anti drug posts in message boards. Pro drug people say that over the counter drugs such as tylenol or vitamins are more dangerous than AAS and HGH. They also say that the junk food that people eat are more deadlier than any performance enhancing drug out there. Anti drug people say the usual 'it must be roid rage' and that you will have cancer or brain tumors like Lyle Alzado, you will have heart disease, etc,etc. Pro drug people counter that it is all propaganda by the government and pharmaceutical companies. Quite frankly, sometimes i don't know what to believe.

One thing I do now is that Jill is right when she says that competitors should put in years of intense training and to do their own homework before deciding to use performance enhancing drugs. They should not rely on a husband/boyfriend/trainer/guru to tell them what drug to use or how much to put in. She empahsizes being educated about it and ebing accountable for their actions. The drugs are not a magic pill that will give them muscular size and strength over night.

SessionGal
03-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks for clarifying. The men I know who use (many) do not have the same problems/effects/opinions as the women. I know lots of men that use but am not close with many pro males as I am with females. In fact I am only close with 3 pro males although I know and am acquainted with many. There are sure alot of men I know that do simple cycles though. And they love it. And the pro males I know well have never really discussed how they feel. Just what they do and why. I definitely do not talk about AAS with males as much as females either so perhaps they are unhappy and I just don't know. With females I discuss it alot.

SessionGal
03-02-2010, 01:34 AM
i am not nor would i ever want to be a pro but i atleast KNOW what i am comfortable with long term and clearly you did not.. i think about further into the future than tomorrow.. perhaps more should.. i know that if i got too muscular (for me) or got the hair growth or the voice change or the jaw growth etc that i would have completely counteracted the entire reason i started lifting.. and that was to LIKE what i saw in the mirror,

i am very close with several and the biggest regret i have heard is that she didnt get implants lol shes correcting that this summer

are you hoping for some kind of sympathy from this thread? you have exactly NO ONE to blame but yourself if you are unhappy with what YOU did to YOURSELF

I'm assuming you and I run in the same social circles in this sport if you are close with many as well. We have probably met at one point. I am absolutely stunned that you have found so many that are happy. I know ones that put on a face on internet forums, etc, but behind the scenes they are straight up not happy. I'm not sure why you are becoming quite so rude. I'm obviously not looking for sympathy and you clearly know that. I am actually still trying to figure out who you might be and if we do know each other.

sassy69
03-02-2010, 01:36 AM

Exactly -I think for guys its going to be not quite the same as for women because so much about the women is about how they look (as we've discussed ad nauseum lately). But I know plenty of guys who post all day long on the chem boards about they depression or mood swings they experience on drugs, how many of them know absolutely nothing about PCT and end up w/ natural test shut down, how many have destroyed relationships because they can't manage the aggression, etc.

And at the pro level - the running response to all the anit-steroid propaganda the US govt pushes is "where's the bodies?" OK so steroids don't kill but at the amounts the pros use, you've got to expect they've got some fun health problems, in addition to the distended guts, etc.

-BLP-
03-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Dayana cadeau rule both in bed n in muscle , it a goddess of perfection

who care about side , death , it living to be a unreal sexy female muscle
divinity

fuck natural , so fun suck on big clitoris

i masturbate on every muscle elegance exist

Go on with your boring life session gal

female bber rule

Why work make 10$ a hour when someone can kiss your biceps fr 300$

I bow to queen masino

Pray to god of female ass off season mmmm

Por2gue
03-02-2010, 01:39 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's my boy up there

Life without regrets would be kinda inhuman I think.

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm assuming you and I run in the same social circles in this sport if you are close with many as well. We have probably met at one point. I am absolutely stunned that you have found so many that are happy. I know ones that put on a face on internet forums, etc, but behind the scenes they are straight up not happy. I'm not sure why you are becoming quite so rude. I'm obviously not looking for sympathy and you clearly know that. I am actually still trying to figure out who you might be and if we do know each other.
most likely we have yes.. i have more male bber friends than female however i know personally 10 or so either pro or almost pro fbber and and literally i know 1 that is unhappy that she no longer needs a bra and is correcting it.

why am i being rude? because i am sick of the implication that women with muscle are fucked up or mutilated. this is not 1950.. women can work and wear shoes and vote and everything now! implying that muscular women are disfigured is not only a sickening statement but its quite frankly something i am used to 140lb 21 yr old boys saying when they realize u could crush them with 1 hand

i have plenty of pics on my profile.. i live near LA im friends with just about all the local bbers here i also know several that live in vegas and in NJ ad 1 or 2 in texas. I also go to most of the shows. For some reason i look smaller in the pics than in person but the face is the same

The Big Sexy
03-02-2010, 01:44 AM

divinity

female bber rule

I bow to queen masino

I think this is pretty much the end of all discussion on the topic. Well said BLP. lol

GirlyMuscle
03-02-2010, 01:48 AM
For the search feature impaired.... ;)

Bringing FBB's back! - RX Muscle Forums

Would women's bodybuilding grow exponentially if Ms. O got $200K? - RX Muscle Forums

Making FBB more consumable?? - RX Muscle Forums

How Would You Improve Women's Bodybuilding/Figure/Fitness? - RX Muscle Forums

What happened? - RX Muscle Forums

FBB Question of the Day: If Nicole Ball had been placed 1st instead of Iris Kyle... - RX Muscle Forums

Aaron Singerman
03-02-2010, 01:50 AM

divinity

female bber rule

I bow to queen masino

Awesome. Just awesome.

Sledge
03-02-2010, 02:11 AM
This is just dumb. It's like saying Tattoo shows are not thriving because they have mutilated their bodys, or gymnastics shows are not thriving because they mutilated their bodys. Not true, just dumb.

So lets really be honest, Female Bodybuilding Is Not Thriving Because its not normal. Their ya go. the truth, simple, no drama just the basic truth.
Another reason could be the bodybuilders are so self important and egotistical they have to think of a reason that they are not thriving rather than just except the fact that most people think of bodybuilders as wierd.
Poor Bev Francis and her mutilated body. She must be in HELL.

ironwarrior22
03-02-2010, 02:14 AM
BLP...mad respect for an honest lifestyle.

GirlyMuscle
03-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Bev Francis is tiny these days. When I met her I wanted to feed her a samich.

Sledge
03-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Bev Francis is tiny these days. When I met her I wanted to feed her a samich.

Shut up you mutilated FREAK.

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 02:23 AM
LOL! exactly women are "supposed to be soft and delicate" and fbb are the exact opposite of that image.. the men are hated on also as "freaky roid raging dumb meat heads" because you know.. if they lift like that its probably because they are ignorant and have to rely on looks.. can we hit any more media fluffed stereotypes please SG or are you running out of thread titles now..

If this is mutilation then you should really re-evaluate your life..and get your vision checked..

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 02:29 AM
I am a pro and have no regrets in any choice I have made. I am happy and enjoying the journey every single day.(ask my husband, he sees me every day)I am very comfortable in my skin and feel great. I have never abused drugs and talk women out of it all the time. I am a fan of many other IFBB pro bbrs(and national competitors) who I think look beautiful.I feel bad for any woman that I see who has abused drugs and wished someone could of educated them. Im sorry if you made bad choices for yourself or have any regrets.

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 02:31 AM
LOL! exactly women are "supposed to be soft and delicate" and fbb are the exact opposite of that image.. the men are hated on also as "freaky roid raging dumb meat heads" because you know.. if they lift like that its probably because they are ignorant and have to rely on looks.. can we hit any more media fluffed stereotypes please SG or are you running out of thread titles now..

If this is mutilation then you should really re-evaluate your life..and get your vision checked..

beautiful ! there are so many more beautiful woman in bodybuilding besides these few!:)

~gymdiva~
03-02-2010, 02:32 AM
aw man, all the SG references keep scaring me....I'm SG! ;)

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 02:34 AM
EXACTLY there is a clear difference between use and abuse and if you abuse ANYTHING you have to expect back lash.

SG are you saying you didnt know what would happen with heavy gear use? is it the sides or your size that you consider mutilation.. did you remotely consider that when you made the conscious choice to use things at a certain dose?

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 02:34 AM
beautiful ! there are so many more beautiful woman in bodybuilding besides these few!:)
absolutely i just didnt want to fill up half the page with pics hehe

GirlyMuscle
03-02-2010, 02:43 AM
This whole topic always makes me laugh. IN MY EYES, a woman bodybuilder is the ultimate beauty. She is what I strive to emulate, not the skinny sticks in magazines. Mutilate? I don't see Iris Kyle, Debbie Bramwell, Dayana Cadeau, Betty Viana, Nicole Ball, Zoa Linsay, Colette Nelson (I could go on and on) as mutilated. And if that's mutilated, then fine...I want to be mutilated, too.

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 02:46 AM
^^^i would rep you twice for that if i could

Sledge
03-02-2010, 03:02 AM
I find one of the biggest problems in the industry is nobody wants to talk about it. .

ARE YOU KIDDING. It's all you lumpy chicks ever talk about. Their must be 20 threads about it on Rx In the last year.

Here's the simple solution. Stop using now. You can stay in the industry (I assume it's the sex industry your talking about because that's the industry you said your in) Stop looking at the mutilated woman, it just encourages them.

sassy69
03-02-2010, 03:03 AM
This whole topic always makes me laugh. IN MY EYES, a woman bodybuilder is the ultimate beauty. She is what I strive to emulate, not the skinny sticks in magazines. Mutilate? I don't see Iris Kyle, Debbie Bramwell, Dayana Cadeau, Betty Viana, Nicole Ball, Zoa Linsay, Colette Nelson (I could go on and on) as mutilated. And if that's mutilated, then fine...I want to be mutilated, too.

I think you call it CUT or CONDITIONED. Hell, I'll take some of that too. Especially in the damn glutes.

Sledge
03-02-2010, 03:03 AM
^^^i would rep you twice for that if i could

Your opinion doesn't matter you mutilated freak.

Bowser1
03-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Dayana cadeau?? i love that guy! lol for real that does look like a guy fuck what anyone says, im half and half here, u gotta live ur life but if u want ur sport to thrive ppl gotta take interest in it...women bodybuilders arent something that other women wana be when they look into the sport, who would u rather be with or for u ladies look like for that matter, marzia prince and ava cowan who are both muscular and tone and can be identifieyd as women or Dayana cadeau whos got big muscles but fake contacts and hair cuz her real shit falls out. like him or hate him even DA said gotta take things all into consideration and he had to cut his bad habits out. look at the pros from back in the day...taking things to the extreme and livin for the moment is one thing, but you always end up giving the devil his due.

Bowser1
03-02-2010, 03:25 AM
not hatin on female bodybuilders by the way kris murrell is great! but im just sayin its not always so great on the other side, hell in that md interview they did she said she dosnt even try to date anymore lol, not only that but watch bigger faster stronger...the health problems for u ladies can a real bitch lol

Bowser1
03-02-2010, 03:28 AM
not hatin on female bodybuilders by the way kris murrell is great! but im just sayin its not always so great on the other side, hell in that md interview they did she said she dosnt even try to date anymore lol, not only that but watch bigger faster stronger...the health problems for u ladies can a real bitch lol i wouldnt sacrifice my life for another trophy or anything, there are ifbb pros' both female and male who feel the same way.

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 05:42 AM
From a medical standpoint, if you are putting hormones into the human body you are in a sense mutating your body. I understand that females do make small amounts of test, but there are many other drugs that the body doesn't make....winny, deca, the list goes on and on. And I also know a lot of women who take test. Also growth hormone. I know we make a little but I know a guy that was literally taking 24 iu A DAY!!! Yes thats stupid, but its a mutation. And yes 24 a day....I know for a fact.

And I am going to make one rant myself. I am so freaking sick of hearing women bash on other women about their drug use. For instance, there was a girl somewhere on here talking about taking test. Then so many people chimed in with.....Oh I can't believe you do that.....I would never do that......whatever people......most women I know take the shit. No one wants to admit it because of whatever body says or how someone thinks.

Ok...rant over. Now time to go to the hospital to work. LOL!

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Ok I thought I was done but then I thought about something else. Oh, and when I talked about the woman taking test, it was not this thread.

Now what exactly is drug abuse for all of you that say, " I never abuse drugs." Jesus Christ. Really??

What would make it abuse?

Can you yourself go to the dr and get a prescription for AAS? Probably not.

Is it illegal to have AAS? Yes

Could we go to prison for taking and or having AAS? Yes

Can we buy this stuff at the pharmacy with no script? No

Do you need AAS to survive? No

Then if you have about the same answers I have given......then you are ABUSING DRUGS!!! There is no white light.....either you do or you dont take them. And if you do, then you are a drug abuser!!!! Which I am cool with....hell, I could be the president and client of my own chapter of AAS Anonymous.

My point is......wether you are taking a small amout or a large amount....it is still considered abuse. Ok example time. If I took a small amount of oyxcontin or a large amount....would me taking the small amount still be considered abuse? YES YES YES

Ok...now the rant is really over. HAHA

GirlyMuscle
03-02-2010, 06:39 AM
From a medical standpoint, if you are putting hormones into the human body you are in a sense mutating your body. I understand that females do make small amounts of test, but there are many other drugs that the body doesn't make....winny, deca, the list goes on and on. And I also know a lot of women who take test. Also growth hormone. I know we make a little but I know a guy that was literally taking 24 iu A DAY!!! Yes thats stupid, but its a mutation. And yes 24 a day....I know for a fact.

And I am going to make one rant myself. I am so freaking sick of hearing women bash on other women about their drug use. For instance, there was a girl somewhere on here talking about taking test. Then so many people chimed in with.....Oh I can't believe you do that.....I would never do that......whatever people......most women I know take the shit. No one wants to admit it because of whatever body says or how someone thinks.

She said mutilated....not mutated. I assumed by her statement she finds fbbers have mutilated their bodies by using AAS.

Actually, I find it all contradictory. She's a female bber but thinks the look is mutilation. :dunno: So why continue to lift and use AAS?

Toniann
03-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Funny how so many guys are bothered when a woman is muscular, saying it's not natural, woman are suppose to be soft. But it's normal for a guy to weigh 280+ pounds of muscle? who are you kidding.
I always find it amusing that guys seem to think they have to tell a woman how she should look, guys should be more concerned with how they look cause every time I go to the beach/mall I see beautiful women with not so attractive guys (I am being nice in that statement) god forbid if a woman was to criticize about the appearance of a guy, she would be called every name in the book.
Remember guys it's a 2way street.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Let's Just Be Honest. Female Bodybuilding Is Not Thriving Because us FBB's Have Mutilated Our Bodies

If by "mutilated" you mean "made glorious beyond all human comprehension", then I agree with you! :p

tammyp
03-02-2010, 08:31 AM
i have no regrets. i love this sport, the people i have met...it is my home. i have achieved more with my physique and in the sport than i have ever dreamed of. i do it my way....and hope the judges like it:)

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM

I totally disagree with you. There is a huge difference between use and abuse. For the record I agree, I dont understand why woman take test. I always thought that was a no no(I just talked a national competitor out of it ) Anyways, I had my blood work done(by a doc who knows everything about steriods)and he said to keep doing what Im doing because my blood work was outstanding.

A few times a year I have a few drinks but I am not an alcoholic. But according to you I am, right? I do know girls who take alot of stuff and stay on all year ,thats a whole lot different then someone who take minimal during prep time only. Dont ya think?

are you natural?

The Big Sexy
03-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Funny how so many guys are bothered when a woman is muscular, saying it's not natural, woman are suppose to be soft. But it's normal for a guy to weigh 280+ pounds of muscle? who are you kidding.
I always find it amusing that guys seem to think they have to tell a woman how she should look, guys should be more concerned with how they look cause every time I go to the beach/mall I see beautiful women with not so attractive guys (I am being nice in that statement) god forbid if a woman was to criticize about the appearance of a guy, she would be called every name in the book.
Remember guys it's a 2way street.

As a man, I don't see a problem with a woman who is muscular. My girlfriend is a fitness/figure competitor and has great muscularity IMO... She was also a good powerlifter for her weight (she's 125 off season and 117 contest) - she has trophies all over the apartment.

She LOOKS feminine in the face though. It isn't natural for a woman to have masculine features - just like it isn't natural for a man to have a HUGE forehead, giant feet, distended guts and the like.

That being said - It wouldn't matter to me either way. I wouldn't be attracted to it initially - but if I did meet a FBB and clicked with her - I would get past the exterior.

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 10:41 AM
She said mutilated....not mutated. I assumed by her statement she finds fbbers have mutilated their bodies by using AAS.

Actually, I find it all contradictory. She's a female bber but thinks the look is mutilation. :dunno: So why continue to lift and use AAS?

Woops! My bad I misread.....def a different thing entirely. I was up too early this morning on here trying to read. HEHE

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I totally disagree with you. There is a huge difference between use and abuse. For the record I agree, I dont understand why woman take test. I always thought that was a no no(I just talked a national competitor out of it ) Anyways, I had my blood work done(by a doc who knows everything about steriods)and he said to keep doing what Im doing because my blood work was outstanding.

A few times a year I have a few drinks but I am not an alcoholic. But according to you I am, right? I do know girls who take alot of stuff and stay on all year ,thats a whole lot different then someone who take minimal during prep time only. Dont ya think?

are you natural?

You can agree to disagree as much as you want. First if you would have actually read the second post, you would have already known I do take them. I said not only am I the president I am also a client. Supposed to have been a joke. But anyway.

Now the whole alcohol statement. Ok...a few times a year, you aren't really abusing. But are you telling me you only take roids a few times a year. Like maybe 10 days only. I would assusme you have to take them every few days. Also an entirely different thing. But basically that is what you are saying. And you don't take anything offseason?

I wish I would have just kept my opinions to myself.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-02-2010, 10:57 AM
You can agree to disagree as much as you want. First if you would have actually read the second post, you would have already known I do take them. I said not only am I the president I am also a client. Supposed to have been a joke. But anyway.

Now the whole alcohol statement. Ok...a few times a year, you aren't really abusing. But are you telling me you only take roids a few times a year. Like maybe 10 days only. I would assusme you have to take them every few days. Also an entirely different thing. But basically that is what you are saying. And you don't take anything offseason?

I don't think you should feel that way. Your opinions are valued. Not everyone is going to agree. But everyone brings a unique perspective to the discussion. I hope you keep posting.

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 10:57 AM

My point is that there is a huge difference between use and abuse. Yes, I only take prep time. Nothing offseason.
I just found your response interesting since you take stuff. I think its safe to assume you are speaking for yourself with regards to abuse. If you didnt abuse then you would know theres at least one person who doesnt right? I can only speak for myself and anything that someone has told me directly. I have talked woman out of taking things I didnt feel was good for them so trust me when I say I look out for them. I also know others who take minimal. I can name alot more fbbrs who look awesome then those who look like they destroyed themselves...

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't think you should feel that way. Your opinions are valued. Not everyone is going to agree. But everyone brings a unique perspective to the discussion. I hope you keep posting.

absolutely, I agree. :)

fitbody
03-02-2010, 11:16 AM

i'm with you it gets tiring going over the same things over and over again gettin no where :hypno:

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 11:17 AM

Oh no worries I will keep posting. LOL!

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
i'm with you it gets tiring going over the same things over and over again gettin no where :hypno:

I agree which is why I dont jump on alot of the threads. The thing that gets me is if one person doesnt something that doesnt mean everyone is doing that same thing. I dont generalize, I dont prejudge, I dont make assumptions and it sure would be nice if everyone was as openminded. Saying every fbbr abuses or has ruined herself is a little much..

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 11:21 AM
My point is that there is a huge difference between use and abuse. Yes, I only take prep time. Nothing offseason.
I just found your response interesting since you take stuff. I think its safe to assume you are speaking for yourself with regards to abuse. If you didnt abuse then you would know theres at least one person who doesnt right? I can only speak for myself and anything that someone has told me directly. I have talked woman out of taking things I didnt feel was good for them so trust me when I say I look out for them. I also know others who take minimal. I can name alot more fbbrs who look awesome then those who look like they destroyed themselves...

Well I use so I am an abuser in MY OPINION. I think any use at all is abuse. Do you think that people that only use cocaine a few times a year are abusers?

I think taking stuff is fine. But my opinion is that we all need to keep in mind that its still a drug.

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I agree which is why I dont jump on alot of the threads. The thing that gets me is if one person doesnt something that doesnt mean everyone is doing that same thing. I dont generalize, I dont prejudge, I dont make assumptions and it sure would be nice if everyone was as openminded. Saying every fbbr abuses or has ruined herself is a little much..

I NEVER said someone ruined themself.

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I NEVER said someone ruined themself.

lol I never said you did....look at the title of the thread, thats what I am referring too...:)

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 11:26 AM
lol I never said you did....look at the title of the thread, thats what I am referring too...:)

Well I am sorry then, I thought you were referring to something I said.

Please don't take anything personally. Which I am sure your aren't. You are one of my favorite pro's.

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Well I use so I am an abuser in MY OPINION. I think any use at all is abuse. Do you think that people that only use cocaine a few times a year are abusers?

I think taking stuff is fine. But my opinion is that we all need to keep in mind that its still a drug.

Im sorry but comparing anavar and cocaine is totally different. Im surprised you would consider it even remotely the same thing. I was trying to make a point when I used alcohol in the other post and maybe I didnt make the point very well or you missed it. I do think some people do abuse sterioids. Im not saying it doesnt happen. I dont everyone who takes it abuses it. We can just agree to disagree here.:)

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Well I am sorry then, I thought you were referring to something I said.

Please don't take anything personally. Which I am sure your aren't. You are one of my favorite pro's.

:) not at all. I dont want you to take anything personally either.

BrownBear
03-02-2010, 11:36 AM

While I do think this was defenitely an interesting thread, I believe I'm going to log this topic away as just something not to bring up in conversation. In addition to politics and religion, shit almost always hits the fan.

Suzanne
03-02-2010, 11:47 AM
i do believe there is a difference in responsible use and abuse

And to the point of this thread is striated glutes is mutilated then i hope to bring some nice mutilation to the stage this year :yep:

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 11:56 AM
i do believe there is a difference in responsible use and abuse

And to the point of this thread is striated glutes is mutilated then i hope to bring some nice mutilation to the stage this year :yep:

lol you have a beautiful physqiue!striated glutes here you come:)

Suzanne
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
lol you have a beautiful physqiue!striated glutes here you come:)

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Your opinion doesn't matter you mutilated freak.
sigh.. i know i aspire to be even more mutilated some day .. i must have low self esteem and need therapy..

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Dayana cadeau?? i love that guy! lol for real that does look like a guy fuck what anyone says, im half and half here, u gotta live ur life but if u want ur sport to thrive ppl gotta take interest in it...women bodybuilders arent something that other women wana be when they look into the sport, who would u rather be with or for u ladies look like for that matter, marzia prince and ava cowan who are both muscular and tone and can be identifieyd as women or Dayana cadeau whos got big muscles but fake contacts and hair cuz her real shit falls out. like him or hate him even DA said gotta take things all into consideration and he had to cut his bad habits out. look at the pros from back in the day...taking things to the extreme and livin for the moment is one thing, but you always end up giving the devil his due.
Although Marzia Prince and Ava Cowan are both beautiful they look more like models than lifters imo.. i wouldnt want the extreme of Dayana Cadeau either.. there are SO many mid ranges this is not a black or white life.. let alone a black and white sport.. tons and tons of gray area

my gray area heads more over to like.. Melissa Dettwiller.

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Ok I thought I was done but then I thought about something else. Oh, and when I talked about the woman taking test, it was not this thread.

Now what exactly is drug abuse for all of you that say, " I never abuse drugs." Jesus Christ. Really??

What would make it abuse?

Can you yourself go to the dr and get a prescription for AAS? Probably not.

Is it illegal to have AAS? Yes

Could we go to prison for taking and or having AAS? Yes

Can we buy this stuff at the pharmacy with no script? No

Do you need AAS to survive? No

Then if you have about the same answers I have given......then you are ABUSING DRUGS!!! There is no white light.....either you do or you dont take them. And if you do, then you are a drug abuser!!!! Which I am cool with....hell, I could be the president and client of my own chapter of AAS Anonymous.

My point is......wether you are taking a small amout or a large amount....it is still considered abuse. Ok example time. If I took a small amount of oyxcontin or a large amount....would me taking the small amount still be considered abuse? YES YES YES

Ok...now the rant is really over. HAHA

i have to disagree here.. the difference between use and abuse in my opinion is taking amount/combos/doses that are way out of the range of what is necessary for growth. I have heard so many times how oh i HAD to up the test to a gram or 2 gram my body is used to it! no this is part of the lifter sickness IMO.. we are all blind bastards when it comes to judging our own progress if you really think about it. Big guys almost NEVER see themselves as nearly as big as they are.. and i think the constant addition of substances and higher doses is heavily due to the perception rather than reality. there is no way you are just going to GET USED to 2grams of test and need more.. i think its more like.. well.. i got great gains on this.. i bet they would be better if i was on more!

a very good friend of mine competed in the Ironman in 09.. he was 266lbs shredded on stage.. do you know what he said after?

fuck next year i will come in 280!

he seems to have achieved that too because his next show is the NY Pro and he looks to end up between 280-285 on stage..

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Im sorry but comparing anavar and cocaine is totally different. Im surprised you would consider it even remotely the same thing. I was trying to make a point when I used alcohol in the other post and maybe I didnt make the point very well or you missed it. I do think some people do abuse sterioids. Im not saying it doesnt happen. I dont everyone who takes it abuses it. We can just agree to disagree here.:)
ROFLMAO wow if that were true i think var wouldnt be so bad and i would start using it in cycles again lol

it is this kind of reasoning (not debbie but the original statement) that has made the laws complete insane. test is in the same class of drugs as heroin.. how the hell can that even be logical to anyone with intelligence over a 3rd grade level..

how many bbers do you know that rob 711s at gun point to get a "fix" of test? give me a break

BrownBear
03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
how many bbers do you know that rob 711s at gun point to get a "fix" of test? give me a break

lol this was awesome

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Not that it matters but I think Dayana cadeau is beautiful! Her face is gorgeous as well as her physique. I love the way she poses and she is real sweet in person...

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Not that it matters but I think Dayana cadeau is beautiful! Her face is gorgeous as well as her physique. I love the way she poses and she is real sweet in person...
i think it looks good on her i just wouldnt personally want to have that amount of mass

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
i think it looks good on her i just wouldnt personally want to have that amount of mass

I hear ya. I actually compete lighter as a pro because I didnt want to be too big either but I like it on some other girls like Dayana, Betty Viana(love her!!)

Toniann
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I hear ya. I actually compete lighter as a pro because I didnt want to be too big either but I like it on some other girls like Dayana, Betty Viana(love her!!)

All those girls have beautiful physiques, but I love your look Debbie :p

sassy69
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM

Here's the deal - if and until the IFBB actually locks down on something clearly defined & consistently enforced, this discussion will go in circles forever -as we've seen - every aspect of what we're discussing is relative. Am I "manly" if I happened to have big biceps? But what about my fat ass? That looks pretty friggen estrogenic to me. I drink 2 cups of coffee/day - does that mean I'm abusing a stimulant? I like to lift because it makes me stronger, makes me feel like I've accomplished something and gives me a physical outlet from my job driving a desk 12 hrs/day. Does that mean I'm "too manly"? I think I'd take everythign I am over any of the fatties sitting outside the bulding smoking and complaining about how fat they are before they take a walk over to Starbucks for a mochacino latte w/ extra real whipped cream.

So the whole discussion is I suppose a bit of a circle jerk that many people have very strong opinions about.. but since there's no clearly quanitifiable solution to be had, what's the point of getting all worked up about? This is the ONLY attention women's physique competition gets. There's nearly no discussion of actual physique type things. But have youy ever noticed how when you step away from the boards and media, at shows, none of this shit is discussed. Its all about the sport.

Tre
03-02-2010, 03:05 PM
What are you people talking about?

Women bodybuilders - collectively - are making more money now than at ANY point in history.

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 04:17 PM
ROFLMAO wow if that were true i think var wouldnt be so bad and i would start using it in cycles again lol

it is this kind of reasoning (not debbie but the original statement) that has made the laws complete insane. test is in the same class of drugs as heroin.. how the hell can that even be logical to anyone with intelligence over a 3rd grade level..

how many bbers do you know that rob 711s at gun point to get a "fix" of
test? give me a break

I agree with you 100%. Steroids should not be in the same classification as opiods, barbs, narcs. I guess my reasoning comes from my standpoint as a nurse. I guess in my mind, taking anything without a prescription often is abusive. I am sure that it is a little overboard as to what some think on here. And thats ok. Its just my opinion. In my mind, do I abuse, yea. But for me thats ok. I guess comparing cocaine to steriods is a little silly to a degree but my point was that they are both drugs. If you take tylenol everday or even every few days, to me thats abusive. Does anyone see where I am coming from. When I say abusive concerning steriods, I don't necesarily mean abusive = harmful. Obviously the larger amounts or stacks would be harmful. When I say abusive, I mean taking anything, OTC, steroids, or what you bought down the street that your body doesn't physically need to survive is abusive. Now I know that I am still clear as mud. HAHA

RealLilSwole
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Here's the deal - if and until the IFBB actually locks down on something clearly defined & consistently enforced, this discussion will go in circles forever -as we've seen - every aspect of what we're discussing is relative. Am I "manly" if I happened to have big biceps? But what about my fat ass? That looks pretty friggen estrogenic to me. I drink 2 cups of coffee/day - does that mean I'm abusing a stimulant? I like to lift because it makes me stronger, makes me feel like I've accomplished something and gives me a physical outlet from my job driving a desk 12 hrs/day. Does that mean I'm "too manly"? I think I'd take everythign I am over any of the fatties sitting outside the bulding smoking and complaining about how fat they are before they take a walk over to Starbucks for a mochacino latte w/ extra real whipped cream.

So the whole discussion is I suppose a bit of a circle jerk that many people have very strong opinions about.. but since there's no clearly quanitifiable solution to be had, what's the point of getting all worked up about? This is the ONLY attention women's physique competition gets. There's nearly no discussion of actual physique type things. But have youy ever noticed how when you step away from the boards and media, at shows, none of this shit is discussed. Its all about the sport.

Speaking of fatties, I had a patient today that was 450 pounds. I wanted to ABUSE her and put some liquid clen and t3 in her IV bag. She had to have surgery because she got ran over by a truck in her car. How she fit in the car, I have no flipping idea. Jaws of life had to get her out. Anyway....I am still mortified by how big she was and how ok she was with it. It took 9 of us to get her from her big ass bariatric bed to the operating table. LOL!

Sorry off the topic, but I thought that was funny.

barbellbarbie
03-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Speaking of fatties, I had a patient today that was 450 pounds. I wanted to ABUSE her and put some liquid clen and t3 in her IV bag. She had to have surgery because she got ran over by a truck in her car. How she fit in the car, I have no flipping idea. Jaws of life had to get her out. Anyway....I am still mortified by how big she was and how ok she was with it. It took 9 of us to get her from her big ass bariatric bed to the operating table. LOL!

jesus christ do some people not have the STOP button? 450lbs!

i seriously thought that most people had this little voice in their head that at some point was like.. omfg stop eating and get your fat ass to the gym!.. i had that voice apparently i am a minority lol

Ibarramedia
03-02-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree with Debbie's statement of use vs abuse. I think the difference lies in degrees of use. How much as opposed to how little. Alchohol was a good example. Most people drink moderately. Some drink only during psecial occassions. Alchoholics abuse alchohol because they drink excessively most of the time or all of the time to the point that they cannot function at all. In the case of AAS and HGH, abuse is evident when you see a disproportionate amount of undesirable sides. I hope that makes sense.

sassy69
03-02-2010, 04:59 PM

I do feel for people like that - my cousin is about 450 lb right now. He's 6'0" and 45 yrs old. I'm really surprised he's made it this long. He was a chunky kid growing up but it really makes you wonder what happens that makes it so easy to go beyond 300 lb. I know there is a lot involved to getting there so I try not to judge, but it really is mindboggling. I've gotten up to 190 and really felt like a pile of shit. I think we all go thru phases where the results of stress or whatever can either make you gain or lose weight, but once you get back to a normal lifestyle, you get back to your regular setpoint.

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree with Debbie's statement of use vs abuse. I think the difference lies in degrees of use. How much as opposed to how little. Alchohol was a good example. Most people drink moderately. Some drink only during psecial occassions. Alchoholics abuse alchohol because they drink excessively most of the time or all of the time to the point that they cannot function at all. In the case of AAS and HGH, abuse is evident when you see a disproportionate amount of undesirable sides. I hope that makes sense.

Very good post. I think she misuses the word abuse . What you wrote makes perfect sense..

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 05:09 PM

I think its more sad then anything. How someone can get to that point. I hope she is ok. Im sure there not a boring moment at your job!

Catwoman
03-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I do not post very often and never on this topic but for once I will add my two cents. I agree with Sassy69 that this topic has been exhausted and without changes from the IFBB/NPC there is not a lot of point in our debating the issue on discussion boards. However with that said, I appreciate Sessiongal's honesty on the subject of AAS use and her feelings of regret, particularly with regard to her appearance and health. I have been involved in bodybuilding in one way or another since the early 80's and have watched the evolution of the sport.

Without getting into the debate of "use vs. abuse," I think it is a good thing that someone is willing to come forward with an honest discussion about negative long term effects. While it seems that some are very happy with their choice to use AAS, that may change when you are older and are suddenly hit with a medical problem that could have been avoided.

Toniann
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I do not post very often and never on this topic but for once I will add my two cents. I agree with Sassy69 that this topic has been exhausted and without changes from the IFBB/NPC there is not a lot of point in our debating the issue on discussion boards. However with that said, I appreciate Sessiongal's honesty on the subject of AAS use and her feelings of regret, particularly with regard to her appearance and health. I have been involved in bodybuilding in one way or another since the early 80's and have watched the evolution of the sport.

Without getting into the debate of "use vs. abuse," I think it is a good thing that someone is willing to come forward with an honest discussion about negative long term effects. While it seems that some are very happy with their choice to use AAS, that may change when you are older and are suddenly hit with a medical problem that could have been avoided.

That's the thing, no one knows for sure what long term problems will arise from AAS use. There has never been a study that was able to prove anything, it is all speculation. People every day get Dx. with coronary artery disease, hypertension, etc,, and it doesn't mean they were users of AAS. Humans are just predisposed to medical conditions.
I would be more concerned with the long term effects of a bodybuilders diet and diet habits. Taking in large amounts of protein, carbs, fats then depleting the body and dropping bf to the single digits for excessive periods of time just to stop it and begin consuming large amounts of food I believe can be equally if not more damaging than AAS use.
Combine all the above and you decide for yourself.

debbiebramwell
03-02-2010, 10:04 PM

just to let you know this person was banned and it was a gimmick account...so Im not sure if any of her story is true

MsGuns
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
just to let you know this person was banned and it was a gimmick account...so Im not sure if any of her story is true

catwoman or sessiongal?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-02-2010, 10:22 PM
catwoman or sessiongal?

SessionGal

MsGuns
03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
SessionGal

WoW who the heck was it...I know Im asking outloud...

DAvid60
03-02-2010, 10:30 PM

Just to jump on the dead horse and see if it ain't quite dead yet I've seen this same argument since the 80's. It comes it goes. The Powers That Be change the rules and people get pissed but a little while later everything is back the way it was before. There will always be big women around and as long as their lines and symmetry are as close to perfect as they can be they will be rewarded. Unfortunately this over shadows the lighter but as well put together woman which is why they should go back to 2 weight classes.
So the person who started this thread was a crank and a hater. The world is full of them. You just gotta shake your head in disgust, trip them, step over them and get on with it.

Musclepapa John
03-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Late to the party, but I'm behind Debbie on this one :yep:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
wow who the heck was it...i know im asking outloud...

:):D

Carolyn Bryant
03-02-2010, 11:12 PM
i wouldnt sacrifice my life for another trophy or anything, there are ifbb pros' both female and male who feel the same way.

Preach, Reverend!

Tre
03-03-2010, 09:26 AM
It was a middle-aged male playing the role of session provider in his fantasy.

Many elements of what he shared were spot-on for some providers out there, but I wouldn't go so far as to call this 'one provider's story'. He may have listened to the stories of multiple women he's had sessions with and combined them into one here.

Even though he went over-the-top too quickly (which made him pretty easy to sniff out), he obviously put a lot of time into his gimmick...he didn't just start developing his 'female' persona last week.

My bet is that he'll take the lessons from here, refine his methods, and then re-emerge somewhere at a later time.

Musclepapa John
03-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey, as one of the middle aged men representin along with Romano, Curt, etc. I'd be interested in learning more about what you know of this conspiracy?

Many elements of what he shared were spot-on for some providers out there, but I wouldn't go so far as to call this 'one provider's story'. He may have listened to the stories of multiple women he's had sessions with and combined them into one here.

Even though he went over-the-top too quickly (which made him pretty easy to sniff out), he obviously put a lot of time into his gimmick...he didn't just start developing his 'female' persona last week.

My bet is that he'll take the lessons from here, refine his methods, and then re-emerge somewhere at a later time.

Musclepapa John
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Let me venture a guess! Is it HDPhysiques Owner Joe Bayer who made this statement yesterday to Tammy Patnode on another women friendly board, "the sad thing is I'm probably a lot happier with how I look than you are."

baronsrugby
03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I had a feeling it was a fake account, but I didn't want to say anything. Seemed pretty obvious though. Just the way he was writing. No woman is out in the open like that. He probably got off on all these women verbally bashing him.

parsnip1965
03-04-2010, 12:04 PM

These girls do not look the slightest bit mutilated to me. They are sexy and gorgeous. Also, I've met Debi L. and she's cute in person. But I have not seen their blood tests, checked out their kidney function, etc. There are many ways to ruin your body.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-04-2010, 05:17 PM

That is a big disappointment to me ... I was going to ask how she handled "Take Your Daughter To Work Day" ... :dunno:

cat
03-04-2010, 06:16 PM

I wish i was that mutilated...DAMN!!! :yep:

FBBFan
03-06-2010, 10:18 AM

divinity

female bber rule

I bow to queen masino

^^^ quite rude and simple, but true in a way ....:yep:
i know i will be beaten for emphase that ... but .. yeah.. i am just crazy :D

FBBFan
03-06-2010, 10:20 AM
These girls do not look the slightest bit mutilated to me. They are sexy and gorgeous.
10000% agree

Youngguns
03-06-2010, 10:35 AM
10000% agree
What do you think of natural girls?

TTTG
03-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Ha Ha...Love this post. I disagree with making a grand sweeping statement that all FBBs have mutilated their bodies. You really can't pick out just a handful and say "all FBBs are mutants" If you pick any female sport ( Tennis, golf, gymnastics, swimming, etc) you will find some who are....how shall I put it.....not what many think of as attractive but others that have the men/women lined up around the corner with their tongues hanging out

There are many extremely attractive women in female bodybuilding and I'm sure there are many that share my line of reasoning.

fitbody
03-09-2010, 04:49 AM

thing is, it is what it is
the direction the sport is going you either decide to roll with it
or get the fuck out
of course there is always the drug free / tested federations
not that they are totally drug free all of them anyway
you make your decisions & live your life according to your own values & ideals

fitbody
03-09-2010, 04:53 AM

divinity

female bber rule

I bow to queen masino

you are so adorable

cat
03-17-2010, 06:09 PM
thing is, it is what it is
the direction the sport is going you either decide to roll with it
or get the fuck out
of course there is always the drug free / tested federations
not that they are totally drug free all of them anyway
you make your decisions & live your life according to your own values & ideals

Ahhhhh....the voice of reason in the wilderness. simple and true, Dawn.:flowers: