PDA

View Full Version : More than 3lbs per week???

jjjohns_10
03-02-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm in the final stages of contest prep on keto; been dieting for 13.5 weeks with 3.5 weeks til the big day. I weigh on Wednesday. Last Wednesday I was 207.6lbs. Today is Tuesday andd I'm 203.4lbs; down 4.2lbs in less than seven days!!!!

If I'm losing this much, should I cut the cardio out for a day or two and then start back up? Eat more food??? I'm doin 1.5 hours of cardio per day

Here's the diet @ this point ( no particular order):
1: 5 omega eggs + 4 whites
2: 8oz lean protein + 1/4 cup nuts
3: 50 gram shake+ 1 tbsn nat pb
4: same as meal #3
5: 8oz lean protein
6: 7oz steak + salad

Con
03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Well i know my body drops large amounts (several lb) over a period of a few days then generally does not move for a while. It never drops an even amount such as .2lb every day.....

Unless your ass is as lean as your hand i would keep going.

gymrat9929
03-02-2010, 12:06 PM
^^^ I agree. Unless your already shredded ... keep pushing.

Scoobysnacks
03-02-2010, 12:30 PM
the guys above are right, but Id like to expound a bit here.

What you are noticing could be a water flush due to dropping starches. So it might be nothing to be alarmed about, however, if it continues then you do need to do somethign about it. Im all for giving up some lbm to shed those last crucial lbs of fat, but if you go to fast you will look worse.

If it continues Id consider adding 6th or 7th meal dont recall how many you were listing above, then once the super fast drops subside either pull that meal or if you are still losing just not so rapidly roll with it. Thats whatd Id consider if it keeps up.

Good Luck,

Ss

jack08son
03-02-2010, 12:44 PM
it could be a number of things man, anything from increasing your cardio, taking a shit, not holding as much water, maybe you cut out some more food, maybe its a combination of everything. plus as was already stated i know i don't usually lose steady either so that's another possibility. i'm willing to bet you're already, stay on the diet, keep doing your cardio for the next 3.5 weeks. if you feel you're hungry and burning up musle an extra meal may not be a bad idea, but if it hinders your ability to get absolutely the leanest you can be drop that motherfucker, it's better to be shredded and a little smaller than bigger and still have fat to lose!

jjjohns_10
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, that's what i was thinkin guys. I haven't changed the cario/diet/anything for a while now. Same thing happened last week, lost bout 4+ pounds in a week. Just thought i'd ask tho, more for my mental sanity than anything else haha!

thesamewords
03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Dude, I remember times when I was on keto and I lost 12 pounds in one week. One of those mornings I woke up on fire from not getting enough to eat and I weighed my self before i ate. I looked like a piece of beef jerky because I was so dehydrated. It was a very sloppy week, but twelve pounds is twelve pounds!! Good luck bro!!!!! And keep those muscles while in keto, because they will start to disappear if you dont do Keto smart.

JustinE
03-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Some will scoff it this, I guarantee it...it's not uncommon for prep guru Neil Hill to have his guys drop 3-4lbs every wk while dieting and if they don't, he makes the diet harder.

Keep in mind, many times his diets start very gradual and it's only the last 6 or so wks that he shoots for this 4lbwk mark or so.

For those that don't know about Neil, look him up...very sharp guy indeed.