PDA

View Full Version : Packing list for competition

Ibarramedia
03-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Kayde had a great idea of coming up with a packing list for competitions. I figured I would post this here to help the other competitors out.

Here is her list:

Towel
Food/Supplements
Utensils
Clothes to change into
Warm-up
Hair Spray
Visine
Make-up
Fake eyelashes and tweezers to help apply them (works better than the applicator)
Comb
Jan Tana for touch ups
Sponge or puff
Extra latex gloves (everyone always needs them, so bring plenty)
Glaze
Suits
Shoes
Mirror (not every show will have mirrors, as I learned last time!)
Toothbrush and paste
Water
Straws
Safety pin
Small sewing kit
Bikini bite
Baby wipes
Flip flops
Cash
Jewelry
Business cards/competitor cards
Pen and paper
Bobby pins
NPC Card
Nail file
Press on french tips (in case of a broken nail)
Vaseline (for teeth)
Scissors
Feminine stuff (just in case)
Paper towels
Exercise band
Curling iron
Candy
And...my favorite...Thank You notes for all the supporters you have there!

This may seem too detailed, but I'm big on always being prepared. I swear to you that everything on my list has been asked for by other girls! I have a rolling bag that I ordered that has awesome organized compartments that are clear plastic so I can see everything. It even has a cooler compartment! I keep it pre-packed, ready to go!

I guess it goes without saying that guys don't need as much. But it is good to have a checklist in general.

sassy69
03-03-2010, 03:22 PM
There are a couple of those lists floating around.

I would also include:
dark sheets & towels if you're staying at a hotel
Mr Clean erasor stuff - gets protan off toilet seats etc
Tide clean wipes - works great for getting protan off sheets, pillowcases, etc. if you spill over onto the good sheets from your towel or dark sheets
bag to carry your stuff in at the show - since they always manage to shuffle the schedules around, I travel w/ EVERYTHING I could possibly need if I were stuck at the venue for the whole day
baby oil - if there's no expeditors to oil you up (I actually like the gel baby oil better than the actual oil - less sloppy)
COOLER AND FOOD!

Not sure about the candy - I prefer cleaner sources of immediate sugar.
Consider a small bottle of wine - its a vasodilator & relaxes you :)

Ibarramedia
03-03-2010, 03:33 PM

I would also include:
Tide clean wipes - works great for getting protan off sheets, pillowcases, etc. if you spill over onto the good sheets from your towel or dark sheets
bag to carry your stuff in at the show - since they always manage to shuffle the schedules around, I travel w/ EVERYTHING I could possibly need if I were stuck at the venue for the whole day
baby oil - if there's no expeditors to oil you up (I actually like the gel baby oil better than the actual oil - less sloppy)
COOLER AND FOOD!

I read over the summer that Hairdryers were also good vasodilators.

AVBG
03-03-2010, 03:36 PM
If travelling, byo sheets

debbiebramwell
03-03-2010, 04:04 PM

I would also include:
COOLER AND FOOD!

you dont use pam for the sheen? its a better look..

sassy69
03-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I read over the summer that Hairdryers were also good vasodilators.

If you can find an outlet back stage. I also think people would be bitching about the noise. Unless you did it in the bathroom.

Just looking for practical stuff. I think back in the day competitors used to have a whole team of people w/ heat lamps and everything - these days no one but the competitor is allowed back stage. Tho I've seen some shows sell "trainer passes" for like $75 allowing them to go backstage.

sassy69
03-03-2010, 04:36 PM
you dont use pam for the sheen? its a better look..

Depends what you can find - if you have to bring it all yourself or travel w/ something < 3 oz, etc.

Jeff & Rita use this great stuff that is actually a spray sheen for horses. Its not oily at all.

Ibarramedia
03-03-2010, 04:57 PM
If you can find an outlet back stage. I also think people would be bitching about the noise. Unless you did it in the bathroom.

Just looking for practical stuff. I think back in the day competitors used to have a whole team of people w/ heat lamps and everything - these days no one but the competitor is allowed back stage. Tho I've seen some shows sell "trainer passes" for like $75 allowing them to go backstage.

This would make perfect sense if you could afford it. I wish they had locker rooms, but given the volume of competitors- bikini/FIT/FIG/FBB it may not be practical to have a lockeroom unless the Cowgirls stadium in Texas hosts a contest. Boxers have a team plus the entourage.

If i was married to a FBB and had the resources I would have a dietician,Trainer,Posing choreographer,Dr.,Tanning applicator experts,makeup artist, hair stylist, 10 personal assistants to handle the above list in my very first post, and finally a head coach to keep it all together. Idon't know if I missed anything. I wish they were alowed back again.

TTTG
03-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Some will also take Dieter's Tea and a home enema kit to flatten things out a bit if needed.

PS ~ this is how you look a few hours after taking dieter's tea... :fit:

Suzanne
03-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Some will also take Dieter's Tea and a home enema kit to flatten things out a bit if needed.

PS ~ this is how you look a few hours after taking dieter's tea... :fit:

super dieters tea does not work on me :hypno:

For the list
photoshoot clothes/shoes
cameras
tickets to show (somehow forgot these for nats in Dallas had to have them overnited to us)
phone charger
laptop
addresses of restaurants nearby :)
workout clothes

Ibarramedia
03-09-2010, 12:00 PM

For the list
photoshoot clothes/shoes
cameras
tickets to show (somehow forgot these for nats in Dallas had to have them overnited to us)
phone charger
laptop
workout clothes

Wait a minute. You need tickets to your own show that you're competing in? WTH?

TTTG
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM

For the list
photoshoot clothes/shoes
cameras
phone charger
laptop
workout clothes

Yes this is vital. DO NOT FORGET YOUR PHONE CHARGERS BOTH HOME AND CAR CHARGER. Your phone will save you in those little disasters that always seem to come up.

Suzanne
03-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Wait a minute. You need tickets to your own show that you're competing in? WTH?

No but Chase and Jeremy do. And my daughter if she comes etc.