PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Physique

beggs_05
03-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Most of these pictures were taken in November before I competed in the Kentucky Muscle. One was taken at the NPC Bluegrass in October.

Age - 19
Height - 5'7
Weight - 161 (contest weight), 188 currently

I've thought about taking a few years off of competing and doing a bigger show like Collegiate Nat's. I definitely have a good work ethic and drive, but I was just wondering if in a few years my structure would allow me to be relevant in the middleweight division at a bigger show.

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

beggs_05
03-22-2010, 09:20 PM
211 views and no replies?

tammyp
03-23-2010, 08:01 AM
sorry i missed this one! yes you should do collegiate nats. good start for 19. you will fill oit in time...gl!

Dan Kennedy
03-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Looking good. Good shape and conditioning.
Dan

Jude2
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
sorry i missed this one! yes you should do collegiate nats. good start for 19. you will fill oit in time...gl!
Agreed you would make a good middle weight. Great conditioning.

beggs_05
03-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Time to add another 10-12 pounds of lean mass to my frame. Thanks for all the positive comments, I'll try and keep this thread updated over the next couple of months.

Quadsweep
03-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah nice work...back is silly lean. I would do Collegiate Nat's 4 sure. If yo do let me know as I am doing the Masters there.

J.

tammyp
04-02-2010, 06:20 AM
yes jeff is in the over 90 class:)

beggs_05
04-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah nice work...back is silly lean. I would do Collegiate Nat's 4 sure. If yo do let me know as I am doing the Masters there.

J.

Jeff - I'll most likely be doing the 2011 collegiate nats. I'm assuming I'll have to qualify again by that time, so are there any shows around the Lexington, KY area that you would recommend that would fall 2-4 weeks before Collegiate Nationals?

holyintellect
04-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I am a KY State Judge....did you compete as a teen at the KY Muscle, and finish 2nd? Im having trouble remembering you...If that was you, Im curious as to when the pictures were taken in comparison to the show? You look much better in each of those pics than you did at showtime...(assuming that was you, of course. I just went and looked at the pics again)

Either way, I definitely think you should do the Collegiates....I think you could do well there. As far as shows in KY, there are four now, with a possibility of 6 next year. Currently there is the NKY in March, the KY State show in August in Frankfort, Tricky Jacksons show in Lexington in October, and the KY Muscle in Louisville in November.

Quadsweep
04-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Jeff - I'll most likely be doing the 2011 collegiate nats. I'm assuming I'll have to qualify again by that time, so are there any shows around the Lexington, KY area that you would recommend that would fall 2-4 weeks before Collegiate Nationals? Do you have to qualify for Collegiate nationals? If so the August show would do.

Jeff

beggs_05
04-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I am a KY State Judge....did you compete as a teen at the KY Muscle, and finish 2nd? Im having trouble remembering you...If that was you, Im curious as to when the pictures were taken in comparison to the show? You look much better in each of those pics than you did at showtime...(assuming that was you, of course. I just went and looked at the pics again)

Either way, I definitely think you should do the Collegiates....I think you could do well there. As far as shows in KY, there are four now, with a possibility of 6 next year. Currently there is the NKY in March, the KY State show in August in Frankfort, Tricky Jacksons show in Lexington in October, and the KY Muscle in Louisville in November.

I actually competed in the Tricky show this past October and got first in the teen division and 2nd in the Men's Open welterweights to Jamin Akpan (Maryland Muscle on the forums). 2 weeks later I competed in the Kentucky Muscle and won the teen division and got 4th in the Men's Open welters.

Pictures from both shows are up in the gallery. Most of the pictures I posted above were taken three days before the Kentucky Muscle show at the end of the first carb up day. For some reason I got bad sick in the middle of the night - puking, diarrhea, etc. - so I wasn't able to properly fill back up on Thursday and Friday. I think that, had I not gotten sick, I would have looked even better at the Kentucky, which is why I posted these shots instead of the ones in the Rx Muscle Gallery.