PDA

View Full Version : hello, new guy

introvert
03-06-2010, 08:44 AM
spent a bunch of time at bb .com.... but very few seem to want to talk about training.

i'm 7 years into this. 5'10", starting weight 125, now at a solid 170. hoping to continue growing and getting stronger, although i have lately plateaued at this weight.

i have no competition aspirations. just trying to build the best body i can for myself. hope to learn and perhaps contribute a bit.

esplendido
03-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Intro.....how old are you. I'm only asking because this is the Masters forum, where 35 is about the youngest poster here. Not that you can't learn anything here....we know it all! But just wanted to let you know...and if you're younger, feel free to read and post in here, but the other forums are more suited to younger lifters.

Welcome to Rx muscle!

bodyhard
03-06-2010, 11:20 AM
bb.com is for wannabe bodybuilders and a place call snappers where people get reps for just being fucking stupid.

I still frequent because I have a lot of friends there.

Welcome to a real bodybuilding site.

introvert
03-06-2010, 12:07 PM
hey, thanks for the replies.

relevant stats: age 48, male, 5'10, 170 lbs. like to lift heavy things. giants fan. nothing else much matters.:)

if i can figure out how, i'll try to get a current pic or two up...so the pros can direct me in the right direction. mostly my training philosophy has been: lift heavy, eat a lot, and grow. it's worked wonderfully so far, but again, increases in lean body mass have been tough to come by lately.

joedemarco
03-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Welcome!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Since diet is 80% of Bodybuilding please post an example of what you eat incl. suppliments in a 24 hour period. From that we will have a base to give you some assistance. It is assumed that after 7 years you have the 20% (intense and correct lifting) down pat.

Baldie

joelster
03-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Welcome to RxMuscle!

freebirdmac
03-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Welcome!

Mac
03-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Glad to have you here IV.

introvert
03-08-2010, 08:18 AM
thanks for the welcomes.

Since diet is 80% of Bodybuilding please post an example of what you eat incl. suppliments in a 24 hour period. From that we will have a base to give you some assistance. It is assumed that after 7 years you have the 20% (intense and correct lifting) down pat.

Baldie

ugggh. baldy, i took a look at my diet the past few days...i don't think i'm taking in even 2000 calories, 150g protein. so, thanks for the post, it caused me to take a look, and i have no further to look as to why i'm not gaining.

eating is a grind for me. i need to do some soul searching as to what is most important.