PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Start My Contest Prep Journal But...

joedemarco
03-06-2010, 11:07 AM
...ended up in the E.R. on Thursday with an acute appendicitis. Had my appendix taken out Thursday night and in the process of recovering. Doctor told me it was one of the worst he'd ever seen...lol. Doesn't know how I was walking around with the pain for so long....guess it's just the bodybuilding mentality. You just get use to hurting all the time, and don't think much about thinks hurting (that is until you are bent over in pain and can't move...lol).

Have to see now how my recovery goes and then decide if I will be competing at Masters Nationals. I was just up to my goal weight of 190 pounds and was staying very lean. However, this little episode ruined all that...have dropped 7-8 pounds already. I have my appetite back but not sure when I will be able to train heavy again. Gonna have to play it by ear. May decide to compete in the fall at NPC nationals or just do something next year.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-06-2010, 11:49 AM
YIPES. You will be back so fast it wont be a factor. I was on the Mr. A stage 10 days after hernia surgery. We BBs recover like lizzards losing and growing a new tail.

Happy healing,

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
03-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Holy cow!

I pray you have a rapid recovery.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear, check my journal, we can share bad luck karma this week. Get well soon!

V-Man
03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Get Well Shout Outs to our Moderator Joe.

He will bounce back in no time. I know it.

Let's keep this thread going for him. He's always there for us now it's our turn.

Vito

DBowden
03-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Hoping for a quick recovery Joe.

joedemarco
03-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks, guys! Feeling better each day...gonna play it day by day!

Neal Grossman
03-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Joe,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sure glad there was no complication of septicemia.

Neal

Mac
03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Gees Joe, I asked how you were doing before I read this. Glad to know you're recovering well.

joedemarco
03-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Quick update: OK, so I was out of the hospital last Friday after having my appendix out Thursday night. In true bodybuilding fashion, I was back lifting Monday morning. Nothing crazy, mostly machine work (which felt weird because I'm a heavy free weight basic exercises type guy). Lifted this way every day this week and felt better each day. Today was my first attempt at some leg work. Was able to perform light leg presses, stiff legged deads, leg extensions, leg curls, and calves. Felt good after training. I realize I am in no condition to start deadlifting, squatting, etc at this point. However, I am encouraged by my progress so far. I'm thinking by the end of the month I should be back up to speed.

Weight wise, I am only down about 2-3 pounds at this point. I gained my appetite back pretty quickly and have done all I can not to lose weight. Am I competing in July? I'll know by end of month.

Mac
03-11-2010, 09:50 AM
You are hardcore brother. Good to see things are getting back on track.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Lizzard DNA :yep: Lose your tail? So what...grow a new one.

Baldie

gman
03-11-2010, 09:56 AM
You are proving we heal up faster when we start doing stuff again as soon as we can.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Your new Avitar

Baldie

joedemarco
03-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Your new Avitar

Baldie

LOL...I like it!

Mac
03-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Hopefully no one will tell you to go train and bust a gut.