PDA

View Full Version : Women's Pro Payouts at Arnold

Musclepapa John
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
The totals for all these women's categories was less than the strongman competition. The women yielded FBB $25,000, Fitness $25,000 & Figure $16,000. Not that the strong men don't deserve it as they have things they need to buy their wives and all, but is there some way to lobby and get the prize money higher for the ladies?

Sledge
03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Did you buy a ticket? Money talks.

Musclepapa John
03-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Good point.
What was the breakdown of door receipts/ percentage of entry fees paid male vs female participants, etc? Is that the formula you'd use for determining payouts?

Did you buy a ticket? Money talks.

sassy69
03-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Good point.
What was the breakdown of door receipts/ percentage of entry fees paid male vs female participants, etc? Is that the formula you'd use for determining payouts?

I'm gonna guess they go by sponsorships for each contest.

Interesting Figure is the lowest payout. Possibly because its the latest comer to the Arnold? I wonder what "Ms International Bikini" will pay out.

Toniann
03-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Isn't it also lower cause they pay out to 10th place?

Musclepapa John
03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
True. Reckon it ain't about parity, but who wants to sponsor what. Half of the men's division just seems out of kilter though as doesn't the event benefit much more than the approx. one third share the women get? A significant number of the vendors utilize sexy-muscled competitors at their booths to draw interest. Seems having the women on stage is more than a minor contributor to the overall success of the event.

I'm gonna guess they go by sponsorships for each contest.

Interesting Figure is the lowest payout. Possibly because its the latest comer to the Arnold? I wonder what "Ms International Bikini" will pay out.