PDA

View Full Version : My journey to the top

seek2find
03-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Hey guys!

I'm just starting out my fourth contest diet, and I thought I'll track my progress here, to keep myself motivated and inspired:)

I have roughly 25 weeks to go, and I DO need those weeks, since I've managed to put on way too much (fat that is) since my last show.

Goal in 25 weeks: 140lbs.
Starting weight: 185lbs

I will try keto this time (targeted), and I won't have cheating days.
I'll update my weight progress every Sunday morning.

My weight training will consist of 3-4 days a week, full body circuit (every other day), and the cardio starts with 5 powerwalks a week, 40 min, and some occasional biking.

Enjoy my ride:p

IRONURSE
03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Best of luck! I'll be following along.
:)

seek2find
03-11-2009, 03:35 AM

Yesterday was a pain, cutting calories always sucks in the beginning, and I'm only on my 5th day. But I hung in there, and today I got my reward... The scale was down to 177.8, compared to yesterdays 180.2. Yeeeeey!! I love it in the beginning when the weight loss is so easy and fast !!;) I wish it would continue that way forever...!! But if I do everything right, I usually end up with 1-1.5 lbs a week. And I have to settle with that.

Right now, I'm getting ready for my power walk. Let's go, ladies!!!!

JohnnyMuscles
03-12-2009, 07:25 PM
What show are you planning to compete in? Good luck! :)

robert da strongman
03-12-2009, 07:28 PM
good luck!

seek2find
03-16-2009, 08:28 AM
What show are you planning to compete in? Good luck! :)

I'm planning to do the Nationals in October :) AND to place top 5!

seek2find
03-16-2009, 08:29 AM
good luck!

Thanks!! I need that:p

seek2find
03-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Sunday's wheigh in ended up at 177 blank. Not TOO exciting, but still ok. My goal for next sunday is now set to 175. I better reach it, my average needs to be on 1.8lbs every week in order to make it on time. Since the progress usually slows down as time goes, I need to push it hard in the beginning.

My work out today was no cardio, but 45min weight training. I focused on Legs and Shoulders, with one extra excersise each. Hopefully I'll be a bit sore tomorrow... :P

GirlyMuscle
03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Ya know that's what the cheat meal is supposed to do...rev your metabolism back up so that the faster weightloss continues. Don't go overboard but I wouldn't cut it out. Maybe do a small controlled cheat once every two weeks.

seek2find
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Ya know that's what the cheat meal is supposed to do...rev your metabolism back up so that the faster weightloss continues. Don't go overboard but I wouldn't cut it out. Maybe do a small controlled cheat once every two weeks.

Yeah, overboard is my middle name, that's why I'm cutting them out this first period... :) But you're right, and I forgot to mention that I will add a "recupperation-day" every Saturday a bit further down the road, when I will be on maintenance level calorie wise, and add some carbs. But I don't count that as proper cheating;)

My plan is to, as I get leaner, leave the targeted keto. I will then use Lyle McDonald's "Ultimate Diet." If you're interested, check out www.bodyrecomposition.com (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com) for more info. Or, just stay tuned, as I will share my changes in this journal:cool:

GirlyMuscle
03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I'll follow along here. Looking forward to it!

seek2find
03-16-2009, 10:59 AM
I'll follow along here. Looking forward to it!

Great, me too:) And please, keep the feed back coming! Always appreciate a different point of view!!