PDA

View Full Version : Question to the guys who shaved their heads....

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 11:33 AM
The other day I shaved my head completely bald, trying to cut my own hair (a fade) and fucked up (wife is now pissed the fuck off).

So I went to the barber and for 18 dollars they shaved my head like a babies behind.

The next day my hair grew right back, felt like fucking Velcro. I tried to shave it myself with a Mach3 razor, no go, could not get it the way the barber did.

OK so here is my question: How the hell do you guys, shave it off and make it smooth? I can't keep (well I could but my wife will kill me) going to the barber paying 18 dollars every 2 days. :hypno:

gman
03-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I use a Head Blade and shave every other morning. It works great. I don't have as much hair as you so it could be why I don't have a hard time with it.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I use a cheap ass grocery store BIC knockoff every other day in the shower on a soapy head. At first there were some nicks and blood as I leveled off all the barnacles. That was some 6 years ago. Now my head is freaking grade A leather.

:yep: BALDIE :yep:

Ibarramedia
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I shave my head once a week. Been doing that for a year now and I may grow it during summer time. Anyway, I use a clean blade on my Mach3 razor, lather my head with shaving cream(This is after using the hair clippers) and I start the process. Once it is done, it is as smooth as a baby's behind. In a day or two, I have that velcor effect when putting on a t-shirt or undershirt. I really have a full head of hair and my hair grows fast. I just wanted a different look.

fatbackgoal
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Daily with a Headblade. As Baldie said it takes a little getting used to but once you do it is easy-peasy.

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 12:14 PM
OK sorry for the ignorance guys but what is a head blade?

Here is what I did, Got a hot towel, placed it over my head for several minutes (this was after using the clippers of course) the lathered it up and used a new blade on my Mach3 took 4 new blades and still did not get as close as the barber did with that old fashion (what looks like a switch blade) blade.

Mac
03-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Glad you asked this question John. I always wondered myself.

I am trying to imagine you with a shaved head.

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Is this what you guys are referring to?

http://www.headblade.com/

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Glad you asked this question John. I always wondered myself.

I am trying to imagine you with a shaved head.

I look somewhat weird not as bad as I thought. My sons are ok with it my wife and daughter not so much. My DIL's, all three of them like it.

Mac
03-11-2010, 12:21 PM
My girl wants me to shave my head. It's as close as I can get it now with clippers. But more than half my head is bald, so not much of a shock.

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
My girl wants me to shave my head. It's as close as I can get it now with clippers. But more than half my head is bald, so not much of a shock.

I have a deep receding hairline but that is it, my head is full of thick black (and grey on the sides) hair so shaving it is becoming to be troubling. I wont keep it shaved for long, but in the meantime I would like for it to be smooth.

gman
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Is this what you guys are referring to?

http://www.headblade.com/

yes...looks stupid, works great

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
yes...looks stupid, works great

LMFAO!!!

So I would assume I would need to purchase the 100 dollar one? My hair is really really coarse, even the barber went through 4 blades before he had me down to the skin.

Mac
03-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Why go thru all the hassle to be bald. I don't get it. LOL

gman
03-11-2010, 01:03 PM
LMFAO!!!

So I would assume I would need to purchase the 100 dollar one? My hair is really really coarse, even the barber went through 4 blades before he had me down to the skin.

I don't know John, I bought the $15 one at Rite Aid

takes me 5 minutes to shave, and I look like Bruce Willis now, so it's worth 5 minutes every other day!

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 01:09 PM

LOL I did it by mistake now I want to stay like this for a while.

I normally go to get a cut/shape-up every week.

I don't know John, I bought the $15 one at Rite Aid

Not sure they sell it at the rite-aid I go to. I will check it out today, I will give the 15 dollar one a try if they have it, can't lose.

blu2xtreme
03-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Because it's sexy ;)

gman
03-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Because it's sexy ;)

thanks for the support for us bald guys!

The Big Sexy
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Meh - I'd just grow your hair out bro. But, if you like it... then mind as well get that head-blade thing... or one of those battery powered Mach4's/Gillette razors.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Meh - I'd just grow your hair out bro. But, if you like it... then mind as well get that head-blade thing... or one of those battery powered Mach4's/Gillette razors.

Lou....we all saw you in the faux dreds/head bra thing bro at the Ahhh nold. You have no business on this thread ;)

Baldie

Bryan Hildebrand
03-11-2010, 05:31 PM
i have been shaving my head since I was 20... 22 years now. I use the Extreme III blade that flexs in the middle. really helps reduce nicks for me. I use a high end shaving cream; Lab Series from Nordstrom (at most higher end cologne counters). I only use aftershave cream (currently Hugo Boss something or another) on my face/neck/traps. every 2 days usually.

the real key is understanding the growth patern of your hair:

side/top of head I shave front to back.
back of skull I shave upward.
neck/traps I shave across.

it takes a little time to perfect it, but its worth it for me. otherwise I would look just like my father and his "horseshoe hair" haircuts.

bodyhard
03-11-2010, 07:12 PM

Eventually I will grow it back out again, like in the summer. I know backwards, but I go out a hell of a lot more in the summer than in the winter.

i have been shaving my head since I was 20... 22 years now. I use the Extreme III blade that flexs in the middle. really helps reduce nicks for me. I use a high end shaving cream; Lab Series from Nordstrom (at most higher end cologne counters). I only use aftershave cream (currently Hugo Boss something or another) on my face/neck/traps. every 2 days usually.

the real key is understanding the growth patern of your hair:

side/top of head I shave front to back.
back of skull I shave upward.
neck/traps I shave across.

it takes a little time to perfect it, but its worth it for me. otherwise I would look just like my father and his "horseshoe hair" haircuts.

Thanks for the tips.

LMFAO on the horseshoe hair, if that ever happens to me I will go to hair-club for men for sure

gman
03-11-2010, 07:15 PM
if you had hair at the Arnold you were in a minority.

D_T
03-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I use a Headblade twice a week. I don't mind the stubble look but mine doesn't grow fast anyway.

buckimscl
03-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Schick Quattro or Gillette Fusion are top notch blades. I shave both in the shower and afterwards. I think that shaving cream gets my head a little smoother but I shave every day and It's always smooth.